• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
To be honest I'd actually say Shulk is more likely than Ridley (though both are very likely) and K Rool and Isaac are in the "not particularly likely" bin at this time.

My feelings on characters is that I honestly couldn't really care who's in, but K Rool is about as close as I'll get to really caring at this point. Sadly though I honestly don't think there's even the slightest chance that he's in.

You know what that means!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Of course Sakurai is biased toward his own franchise, but I think the main reason there is so little DK representation is because Sakurai thinks of DK as an extension of the Mario series.
Given how DK has a separate trophy selection, logo, music, stages etc, I doubt it. I think it more likely he just doesn't give a K. Rap.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I think I know the reason why DK is getting so little content. We all know how popular DK is, but we also know that it's no Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. It's sort of between the big three and all the other crap. This can probably be said about Metroid, too. Sakurai probably thinks he can withhold content from DK without anybody noticing or even caring. After all, most people are morons who idiotically consider DK to be "Mario spinoff series". Why would he withhold the much needed content? Obviously, he wants to fill up the empty space with a crap ton of representation for his mediocre series to promote his garbage games. And then there's that Fire Emblem crap, obviously to promote for cash or cash in on the new trend. But come on, who would notice the ridiculously uneven amount of content? Who would care? What does DK have to offer? Why is DK so important? Isn't it just a Mario spinoff like Yoshi? Why does DK deserve to have more content over ache-inducing flashy Starfox clone for 3DS or cute early childhood pink puffball game or anime sword slashing strategy game for 3DS with such a wonderful story that's stolen straight from KotoR?

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I think I know the reason why DK is getting so little content. We all know how popular DK is, but we also know that it's no Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. It's sort of between the big three and all the other crap. This can probably be said about Metroid, too. Sakurai probably thinks he can withhold content from DK without anybody noticing or even caring. After all, most people are morons who idiotically consider DK to be "Mario spinoff series". Why would he withhold the much needed content? Obviously, he wants to fill up the empty space with a crap ton of representation for his mediocre series to promote his garbage games. And then there's that Fire Emblem crap, obviously to promote for cash or cash in on the new trend. But come on, who would notice the ridiculously uneven content? Who would care? What does DK have to offer? Why is DK so important? Isn't it just a Mario spinoff like Yoshi? Why does DK deserve to have more content over ache-inducing flashy Starfox clone for 3DS or cute early childhood pink puffball game or anime sword slashing strategy game for 3DS with such a wonderful story that's stolen straight from KotoR?
Do you have an address for me to send the bill for my treatment to?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I think I know the reason why DK is getting so little content. We all know how popular DK is, but we also know that it's no Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. It's sort of between the big three and all the other crap. This can probably be said about Metroid, too. Sakurai probably thinks he can withhold content from DK without anybody noticing or even caring. After all, most people are morons who idiotically consider DK to be "Mario spinoff series". Why would he withhold the much needed content? Obviously, he wants to fill up the empty space with a crap ton of representation for his mediocre series to promote his garbage games. And then there's that Fire Emblem crap, obviously to promote for cash or cash in on the new trend. But come on, who would notice the ridiculously uneven amount of content? Who would care? What does DK have to offer? Why is DK so important? Isn't it just a Mario spinoff like Yoshi? Why does DK deserve to have more content over ache-inducing flashy Starfox clone for 3DS or cute early childhood pink puffball game or anime sword slashing strategy game for 3DS with such a wonderful story that's stolen straight from KotoR?
Don't you think were taking this a bit to seriously.Filling the game with junk?Kid icarus had little to no representation in brawl and now it has some mainly because the game did well financially and critically.Fire emblem is huge seriously to on the east so getting some new characters made sense(however 4 characters may be pushing it but still it makes sense).Not to mention what you said about Kirby which could be seen as nintendo's 4 biggest franchise.Yes even bigger than Dk or metroid.I want a DK rep to but it sounds like your hating on something just because your not getting what you want.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
So... Shulk and Isaac (whom I both wouldn't mind seeing) supporters would like to battle K.Rool and Ridley supporters?

... BECAUSE THIS IS ALWAYS RELEVANT:
1405823463542.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys, I know DK doesn't have much representation, but hey! how much representation did Kirby have at first? Things change
So... Shulk and Isaac (whom I both wouldn't mind seeing) supporters would like to battle K.Rool and Ridley supporters?

... BECAUSE THIS IS ALWAYS RELEVANT: View attachment 22772
Ironic, K.Rool is slightly taller than Ridley if you compare the sprites

Mistress Nicole

Smash Apprentice
I believe the reason that DK gets such a low rep is because Sakurai groups him with Mario. I would love if Rool appeared in some of the Mario Spinoffs to boost his popularity.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Guys, I know DK doesn't have much representation, but hey! how much representation did Kirby have at first? Things change

Ironic, K.Rool is slightly taller than Ridley if you compare the sprites
This is really a gameplay thing. If I am correct (and if I am not, I'll voluntarily walk the plank and keelhaul myself), you had to jump over K.Rool or on him or something in the first game. If he were the same size as DK, he'd be too easy to jump over. Maybe that's also why he doesn't have a tail? Has this ever been explained?

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Don't you think were taking this a bit to seriously.Filling the game with junk?Kid icarus had little to no representation in brawl and now it has some mainly because the game did well financially and critically.Fire emblem is huge seriously to on the east so getting some new characters made sense(however 4 characters may be pushing it but still it makes sense).Not to mention what you said about Kirby which could be seen as nintendo's 4 biggest franchise.Yes even bigger than Dk or metroid.I want a DK rep to but it sounds like your hating on something just because your not getting what you want.
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - 1.52 million
Kid Icarus: Uprising - 1.18 million

Total Donkey Kong franchise sales - 53.994 million
Total Kirby franchise sales - 33 million
Total Metroid franchise sales - 17.44 million
Total Fire Emblem franchise sales - <5 million
Total Kid Icarus franchise sales - <5 million

This isn't about getting what we want. It's about getting what we deserve. If the leak is real, I say we start petitioning the moment the game is released and make our voices louder than ever. Sakurai won't be able to ignore us.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
This is really a gameplay thing. If I am correct (and if I am not, I'll voluntarily walk the plank and keelhaul myself), you had to jump over K.Rool or on him or something in the first game. If he were the same size as DK, he'd be too easy to jump over. Maybe that's also why he doesn't have a tail? Has this ever been explained?

K. Rool has a tail. Clear as day. Look at his behind. Not to mention:

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

This isn't about getting what we want. It's about getting what we deserve. If the leak is real, I say we start petitioning the moment the game is released and make our voices louder than ever. Sakurai won't be able to ignore us.
Metroid is so small! But yeah, DK deserves at least another. Preferably two or more.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I kinda gave up on K. Rool already, as sad as it is, I don't think he has more than a very very slim chance anymore.
My hope is on Dixie now, but who knows. If DK stays at 2 reps I'll be really angry and disappointed, but it's not like we can do that much about it, except keep buying DK stuff to make Nintendo see that it's loved.

Hopefully K. Rool get's more than just a trophy though. Be it a boss, AT, or a stage hazard...

PeterJude

Smash Ace

Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus have that many sales?!

The key point is building on what is current. Donkey Kong has Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong and past that, to many it's filler. Personally I'd love to K Rool in the game, pretty much the only that grabs me as one I'd actually go: "I really want to play as them", but you have to be realistic about it. I don't think it's going to happen at this point, but these things happen.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

I agree with you but I don't think Sakurai prioritizes by sales otherwise we wouldn't have 4 Fire Emblem characters, Ice Climbers, Pit, etc.

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
I'm honestly starting to think that Nintendo is slowly trying to make people forget about the rare era of DK for whatever reason. I mean they took DKC 1-3 off the VC in 2012 and it never came back Kremlings have been removed from the main games and replaced with forgettable tikis and the snowbads(I like Vikings but they're no kremlings). DK64 never even touched the Wii VC and DKC games have yet to grace the Eshop. Seems like Nintendo is trying to cut any ties DK had to Rare. I know they own all aspects of DK but that dosent mean they want people to prefer the Rare made games over anything new with DK. Think about it most DK content comes from those rare titles. How many animal buddies have we seen in returns since Rare stopped making DK? Rambi? Squaks? Where's Enguard? Or Any of the other animal buddies in the returns series? It seems like Nintendo is slowly trying to make DK something else and it's saddening. I heard that Nintendo removed DKC 1-3 of the Eshop cause Rare/Microsoft was demanding royalties for the games, don't know how true that is but that's what I heard. Retro also was going to use the Kremlings but was urged not to by the current director of the series in order to "keep it fresh". Bull if Nintendo was concerned about keeping things fresh Ganon would have died in Ocarina and Bowser wouldn't be around anymore......
If I remember correctly, the reason the DKC games were taken off is because since the lisence for the DKC games on VC ran out (yes, even Nintendo has to renew the liscences of their own games) ran out post-wii U release, they probably didn't see the need to renew as they were probably are planning to put it on WII U VC sometime in the future. As for DK64, they probably couldn't put it on there due to emulation issues hampering the game's performance.

On the bright side, maybe we'll see DKC games come back in a big Donkey Kong content blowout, and if the rumors going around about remastered n64 games on eShop are true, we could see DK64 get the proper treatment it deserves

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I agree with you but I don't think Sakurai prioritizes by sales otherwise we wouldn't have 4 Fire Emblem characters, Ice Climbers, Pit, etc.
The rumored SEVEN Mario characters suggests otherwise, and this isn't even counting Yoshi and Wario.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
The rumored SEVEN Mario characters suggests otherwise, and this isn't even counting Yoshi and Wario.
You have a point, but I really hope we aren't getting that many Mario characters. Even if it is the great Mario he doesn't deserve 7 reps, but Pokemon had 6 and I still think will have 6 so who knows.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So does anyone else want to go to the center of town and burn an effigy of Sakurai when K. Rool gets deconfirmed?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i'm just trying to say that dk is not being overlooked it just not the focus.I think this smash is trying to at least focus on nintendo new hot franchises.Kid icarus,Fire emblem,Xenoblade,etc.While Kid icarus and Fire emblem have been around for a while there just starting to get popular so it makes since for them to get more notice in smash games.Dies it mean DK not going to get a new character or stage?NO.it just means it's not the main focus and while have to wait a while

El Chunko

Smash Cadet

on toe topic of DK related content, upper right-hand corner. Hello Tag Barrel trophy

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
i'm just trying to say that dk is not being overlooked it just not the focus.I think this smash is trying to at least focus on nintendo new hot franchises.Kid icarus,Fire emblem,Xenoblade,etc.While Kid icarus and Fire emblem have been around for a while there just starting to get popular so it makes since for them to get more notice in smash games.Dies it mean DK not going to get a new character or stage?NO.it just means it's not the main focus and while have to wait a while
So you're saying it's fair that DK isn't getting **** in the game because it's always been popular? And I suppose it's fair that while DK doesn't have ****, Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda, which have always been MORE popular, have tons of characters, stages, and assist trophies galore? DK shouldn't be focused on but the 3 that have always gotten more focus than DK in every single Smash game deserve focus?

You know what this means!

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Fire Emblem isn't a new franchise. And Returns and Tropical Freeze just came out. There's no excuse. NONE.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Get a hold of yourself, Kremling Klansman. I understand the frustration of the abysmally low amount of DK content so far, but making posts like "Burning an effigy of Sakurai" is honestly childish.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Get a hold of yourself, Kremling Klansman. I understand the frustration of the abysmally low amount of DK content so far, but making posts like "Burning an effigy of Sakurai" is honestly childish.
Not to mention a waste of a perfectly good effigy. I mean, if you burn it you'll just outright kill him. Where's the fun in that? Now, needles on the other hand...

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ok, Mrs. Schoolteacher. I'll be good. I don't want a timeout.

Like I'm in school or something.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Fire Emblem isn't a new franchise. And Returns and Tropical Freeze just came out. There's no excuse. NONE.
I never said they fire emblem is new i said it's getting more popular

So you're saying it's fair that DK isn't getting **** in the game because it's always been popular? And I suppose it's fair that while DK doesn't have ****, Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda, which have always been MORE popular, have tons of characters, stages, and assist trophies galore? DK shouldn't be focused on but the 3 that have always gotten more focus than DK in every single Smash game deserve focus?

You know what this means!
So you'll defend Donkey kong but franchises with less representation like f-zero or star fox is fine with you.So you would like donkey kong to have 4 chracters just becuase fire emblem does.You expect dk to have 4-5 stages becuase mario does.I'm not defending sakurai i'm justn saying getting pissy and threat to burn effigy of Sakurai is taking things a bit too far

Top Bottom