• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've also seen this fan game called Donkey Kong Country 4 which looked real legit.

I don't like the custom music

But I always imagined a game where you could switch between DK, Diddy and Dixie

I don't care in the least about Kiddy

Also that guy sucks at the game

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You're now my most favorite member of Smash Boards.

+200 internetz
Man, why peeps gotta hate so much on Kiddy? All the DKC games are masterpieces, and he added a dynamic to the game that wasn't present in either DKC or DKC2. Sure he was kind of annoying, but his juxtaposition with Dixie's size and character was interesting.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Man, why peeps gotta hate so much on Kiddy? All the DKC games are masterpieces, and he added a dynamic to the game that wasn't present in either DKC or DKC2. Sure he was kind of annoying, but his juxtaposition with Dixie's size and character was interesting.
DKC3 is still good... but Kiddy is bad and Rare should feel bad for inventing him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
DKC3 is still good... but Kiddy is bad and Rare should feel bad for inventing him.
I'll just be over here in my corner feeling sad that Donkey Kong Racing didn't get made. Totally would've mained Kiddy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wish. I really don't like Kiddy. He's pretty much my least favourite Kong. Disliked even more than this hot mess :troll::
[collapse=terrifying]
[/collapse]
To each their own though. Rare's characters were hit or miss for me.

I'll just be over here in my corner feeling sad that Donkey Kong Racing didn't get made. Totally would've mained Kiddy.
Even with Kiddy involved, I will join you in that corner. ;)

D

Deleted member

I don't find a big baby ape in a onesie being any worse than an ape wearing a vest.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't find a big baby ape in a onesie being any worse than an ape wearing a vest.
It's sort of like baby Huey. Seems about as liked too. Poor Kiddy :( However, on the other hand, Chunky is baby Huey jumping out of his onesie and being handed a rocket launcher.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lets just say Kiddy is one UGLY baby in that onesie.

I bet Cranky could pull it off better :troll:
He really is, honestly. I still like him, for reasons I can't explain. (Maybe it's my fanboy status. I own all the other games (including Barrel Blast, which I thought was fun.) In addition, he's a real hinderance so far in DKC4, which does sort of add to difficulty, and it's enjoyable, but it's so much better to play the game with just Diddy+Dixie.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just realized that the K. Rool discussion ended long ago. Let's just hope that the consensus is that he better be in, or we'll raise 7 kinds of hell!
...Like I did when Mewtwo was cut. **** that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You're now my most favorite member of Smash Boards.

+200 internetz
Ohhh c'mon you can't mean that!

Give me a hug you *******!

I can see why people dislike Kiddy though. And he's probably my least favorite to after Tiny Kong, but that doesn't mean I hate him at all. I think he's a nice mix of the playstyles of DK and Diddy in DKC3 in a way. DKC3 in general is underrated though, and people are generally put off from it cause it doesn't have DK or Diddy in it. I still think it completes the triology though.

And honestly, everything is a dissapointment after play DKC2. :smirk: Still, everyone who likes the series should also like DKC3.

About Donkey Kong Racing though... The name alone is painful to read... :urg:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just noticed that my name change request went in. It's so strange being someone else after all these years as a mispelled Ganondorf. So strange, man...

So how 'bout that K. Rool? I hear he's a pretty cool guy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was wondering what event matches K. Rool could potentially be a part of, aside from the obvious Three Trouble Kings one.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I was wondering what event matches K. Rool could potentially be a part of, aside from the obvious Three Trouble Kings one.
Well, if they wanted to get creative, you could team up with Diddy or Dixie as DK to stop K. Rool, Ganon and Bowser (and Dedede) from stealing your freakin' banana hoard." They could even include an actual banana hoard if they wanted to be awesome.

Edit: Oh, and on the topic of awesome hacks: I've just found out my favorite hack of all time is in fact not dead and is releasing in full this year, after 6 years of development.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/gengame-interview-pokemon-prism-releasing-2013

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Event Matches? K.Rool could fight Yoshi(s) or Ice Climbers to rob their foods? I bet if K.Rool already loves to steal bananas, he'd be overjoyed seeing Yoshi's Island's 'treasures'. Also some random matches involving him fighting Mario (and Luigi) perhaps? Or him vs a gaint DK? Or K.Rool vs MetaKnight on Gangplank Galleon, implying MetaKnight wants to try and steal the ship or something? Another obvious thing would be fighting as Diddy, with a CPU Dixie and a very dumb AI CPU DK vs K.Rool, where you have to protect both Dixie and DK? There are ideas plenty how K.Rool would fit into the Event Matches.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, if they wanted to get creative, you could team up with Diddy or Dixie as DK to stop K. Rool, Ganon and Bowser (and Dedede) from stealing your freakin' banana hoard." They could even include an actual banana hoard if they wanted to be awesome.
In terms of extra items, we've only ever had a Yoshi Egg used in that one Melee event match. Since the hoard isn't a singular item, maybe it could be attacked for multiple bananas to fly off from it, allowing characters to basically reposition it in smaller piles. That way, the Kongs could have to keep K. Rool from knocking too much of it away from them during a time limit. Or, perhaps, the reverse could happen, with K. Rool stashing the hoard on Gangplank Galleon or the Flying Krock, and he has to stop the Kongs from taking it back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe that could work yeah, but to me it's not really neccecary. What would be funny is an Event Match where banana peels just keep dropping from the sky.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Event matches?

How do YOU like it?!: K. Rool's received word that Bowser once stole DK's banana hoard. That's HIS job! Now, the kremling king has stolen Peach from Bowser. Rescue her from him before Mario finds all 3 of you.

Ringside Rumble: A no holds barred free-for-all amongst everybody who fought in a ring: King Dedede, Little Mac, Donkey Kong, Kirby, K. Rool and Diddy Kong! Choose one and beat the others--special bonuses depending on who you choose, and bonus prizes for winning with Mac. You fight everyone at once btw.

Smash Circuit--King K. Rool: How could someone as puny as Mac beat DK?! K. Rool's DYING to know. Stamina match; ring-outs equal automatic victory for the one who put their opponent there.

Smash Circuit--King K. Rool, Title Defense: Alright let's be honest here--like DK, K. Rool wasn't taking you seriously either. Now that he knows what you're capable of, he has demanded a rematch against the famous Little Mac.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
King K Rool is actually my favorite Nintendo Villain, and my HIGEST hope for Super Smash Bros 4.. I always said to people that King K Rool is the 100% To be included next in Smash.. Let's see if my prediction regarding him will be right!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
King K Rool is actually my favorite Nintendo Villain, and my HIGEST hope for Super Smash Bros 4.. I always said to people that King K Rool is the 100% To be included next in Smash.. Let's see if my prediction regarding him will be right!
Welcome aboard!

@BirthNote - Those boxing event matches are the coolest thing ever. I hope those are actually a thing. Amazing.

Also, for you guys that are a fan of fast-paced metal arrangements, I've found these gems for those who aren't aware:

DK64 Medley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHZGGpi_ezU

Rare fans in general (I know all of you are!)

BK Medley - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4fAjMSzbpM
BT Medley - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEKDRMsXWNo
Conker's BFD Medley - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HqaT202ukE

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Good thing to see new supporters. Even though K.Rool is mostly universally respected as a newcomer, it's good to see there's still people out there who are hyped most for K.Rool than any other character.

Speaking of music:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Aww man, I played through DK64 again over Winter Break, and that song is just too many good feels, man. Too many.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Thanks Guys!
Yeah King K.Rool has a good potential, he is a needed character, and my favorite Nintendo Villain, so this would be great..
lol, only reason I even played "Super Mario Sluggers" is actually because K.Rool and the Kremlins were playable...

But I'm not only a K.Rool fan in general, I like & Know abunch about Nintendo's series in general tho!
Glad to see this thread about my most anticipated Newcomer for Smash 4 :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, apperantly this is the 'best' K.Rool thread on the internet. Cause a few weeks ago, this thread got like thoussands of unknown visitors. We even had a conspiracy that employees of Nintendo where looking into K.Rool through this thread.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well I indeed hope they did if they look into moves for K.Rool, because I love the move ideas from the first page!
I don't doubt you saying that this is the best Krool Page, that I might actually believe!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's just so much potential in K.Rool. The only thing seriously withholding him is no appearance in Donkey Kong Country Returns. But guess what, Diddy wasn't stopped from getting in due to not being in DK:Jungle Beat either. So no reasons not to expect him in.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Indeed, and as we all know, History will repeat itself... I hope he will have His ''King'' Attire, but can also use the Blundebuss that is a must, Crown throw and a Jaw Bite, Already mentioned, but it's so Imaginable that it must be lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't forget the Bellyflop either. And a crocodile deathroll is also a must have to me.

R.I.P Steve.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Amen to that, Use the cape like how Mario "Mysteriously" has one..
Also cool to know is that his Pirate Ship would be a great stage and a replacement for Wind Waker Stage from Brawl.. But unless this happends it has to be part of Final Smash in my eyes lol

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh man! a deathroll as a down-throw or a dash attack would be amazing!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Amen to that, Use the cape like how Mario "Mysteriously" has one..
Also cool to know is that his Pirate Ship would be a great stage and a replacement for Wind Waker Stage from Brawl.. But unless this happends it has to be part of Final Smash in my eyes lol
Gangplank Galleon is nr1 most requested K.Rool stage. And yes, innitially I also thought it should replace the Pirate Ship from the Wind Waker. But now Wind Waker is getting a remake for Wii U, I think both stages should be in. However, Gangplank Galleon should be a lot different from the Pirate Ship. If not, why not make a stage for Crocodile Island or the Flying Croc?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Or a crazy idea of replacing Mario's Rainbow Crouse and turn it into a K.Rool stage where we go to the Gangplank, to the Island and then to the Flying Croc.. Cazy but cool?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Could work! I mean, why not? It's a crazy way of representing the whole of DKC2. And I like that.

Also, here's some crazy good fanart of Kaptain K.Rool fighting... some dude.

And here's K.Rool showing Krystal exactly WHO the best Rare-created newcomer is. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Whoever did that art is insane and I love them. We should recruit them for our nefariously noble purposes...

Who in the hell is the other guy in the Kaptain pic, though?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really have no idea, but I wasn't looking much at him anyway. First I thought it was maybe Geno, which would make the pic like 1000 times better.

Top Bottom