• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sad thing is I think Microsoft won't sell Rare, if only, to keep Nintendo from having it.
What reason do they have to be so vengeful? I know they're not the best company ever, in fact they rank down there with EA to me, but it's a business! I'm sure they don't have some convoluted view of B&K, especially after they did so poorly in their foray into Microsoft land.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What reason do they have to be so vengeful? I know they're not the best company ever, in fact they rank down there with EA to me, but it's a business! I'm sure they don't have some convoluted view of B&K, especially after they did so poorly in their foray into Microsoft land.
Possibly because if they give Rare back to Nintendo, Nintendo's success and popularity will rise, preventing Microsoft from making as much money.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Possibly because if they give Rare back to Nintendo, Nintendo's success and popularity will rise, preventing Microsoft from making as much money.
Possibly, but Rare isn't the same company it once was. Banjo's popularity didn't help Microsoft any, so they might view it differently at this point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Banjo-Kazooie will be gone forever and will only be known of by extremely mediocore XBox games we will never play.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Fine! If that's the case (I still have hope for Microsoft's downfall) then there will always be eventual well-made fan games. I like fan games better these days anyway! Huzzah!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The bigger they are, Diddy, the bigger they are. When that day finally comes, I'l be there, in bright yellow shorts and a blue backpack. With a red canary on my shoulder, laughing at them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The bigger they are, Diddy, the bigger they are. When that day finally comes, I'l be there, in bright yellow shorts and a blue backpack. With a red canary on my shoulder, laughing at them.
You can keep your canary. I'm sticking with my Breegull.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You can keep your Breegull. I'm sticking with my Ridley :troll:

EDIT: Nevermind he's too BIG for Banjo & Kazooie

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Reminds me of this song. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
WHOA! Almost a triple post! What kind of user am I?

It's the campus internet I swear. But yeah, that day, totally doing a rallying cry. We can be the "Yellow Short Brigade" and:

"With our Banjos and Bregulls, *brandishing instruments and birds* we will take what is ours! For freedom!"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK vs Diddy vs K.Rool vs Banjo-Kazooie on Spiral Mountain. It's such a shame this will never happen. :c

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
DK vs Diddy vs K.Rool vs Banjo-Kazooie on Spiral Mountain. It's such a shame this will never happen. :c
Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Diddy! Super Smash Bros. Crusade. All of that is slated to happen in a future build :cool:

Well, Spiral Mountain is iffy, but pretty damn likely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not too keen on fan games unless they are really, really, reall good.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not too keen on fan games unless they are really, really, reall good.
Well, from what I've played, Crusade is a pretty solid fan game, if you have an alternate means of control. (I always found keyboard controls really awful for Smash.) I've become a much bigger proponent of fan games in the past couple of years, being disappointed with the directions of a few series.

Oh, and there's also that DKC hack, Kremling's Revenge that came out not too long ago, that I haven't gotten around too yet but is apparently awesome. I do recommend giving some a shot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've also seen this fan game called Donkey Kong Country 4 which looked real legit.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah! DKC4! That's another one that's just fantastic-looking! Honestly I feel like the real DKC4, if it had or is ever made, would work like that. (I kind of view returns as a different series, because I expect Returns 2, possibly Returns 3.) I really need to play that one too. The character selection makes the whole thing very interesting...

Edit: Does anybody know, now that I've got awesome status, how I do a name change? I need something a bit more correctly-spelled. And easier to say.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Try and talk to a mod or admin, they can probably change your username.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I really hope some new version of Crusade is released soon with a playable K. Rool (and/or Banjo-Kazooie) to help with the pre-E3 wait of (I believe) 70 days. Maybe Golden can give some insight if he's reading?

Also, this is now Day Two since I posted my theory, as well as Day Two that the views and guests have resumed their regular pace. Just throwing it out there.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Try and talk to a mod or admin, they can probably change your username.
Done! Hopefully they'll get back to me. I hope you guys are ready for a whole new me!!!

@BKup - Y'know, it is interesting that it's worked that way. We'll just have to see. On the topic of Crusade, they've really impressed me with their systems and ambitious roster that they seem to be keen on making a reality. Can't wait to see what they do with Banjo. I expect K. Rool to work similarly to our ideas.

D

Deleted member

Nothing's really been finalized as of yet for K. Rool aside from voiceclips (and even those are subject to change) and possibly his Specials outside of Down Special, and even then, the commands for Kannonball Shot and Krown Toss are not finalized either (by which I mean it is unknown which will be the Neutral Special and which will be the Side Special).
I have made a general moveset that was not shown off there yet, though since it was designed to be based on primarily using the Blunderbuss as a general weapon (outside of Specials other than the mentioned Kannonball Shot), I may redo it. Especially since it lacks a belly flop move, which I recently learned was an attack he did in DKL1.
Progress on K. Rool though has been halted in general until DK is resprited.

As for Banjo-Kazooie, I barely know anything about what's going on with them.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hey, that's still some pretty stellar news on K. Rool's part, and the fact that B&K are in it at all is good news, no matter what stage of development they're in. It's also cool to have an inside dude. :cool:

Totally waiting on that next build...what was up with DK's sprite, anyway?

D

Deleted member

A lot of Crusade's sprites (and movesets in some cases) were the result of laziness back when the Rentz Bros (Falcon8r, Phantom7, DrMarioX) had control over it.
DK was one of those affected by it by using modified King of Swing sprites.

With the newer community based team taking the reigns, we are working to undo quite a bit of the laziness and prevent any more from happening.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So I picked up DKC4 and have been trying it out, and I have to say, the most recent version has me extremely impressed. Even after just the second level (which is actually pretty hard, I must say) I felt like they caught the atmosphere of a DKC game well, and the multiple characters throws a nice twist on things. My one complaint is I can't figure out which button switches Kongs, even though I know there is one...

Definitely worth a play, though I don't think it's quite finished yet, but it's incredibly well-polished.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Microsoft owning Rare sucks. People don't buy X-Boxes for Banjo & Kazooie, much like people don't buy Nintendo systems for Call Of Doody.
They'll probably kill Banjo and Kazooie like Universal killed Spyro and Crash.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Microsoft owning Rare sucks. People don't buy X-Boxes for Banjo & Kazooie, much like people don't buy Nintendo systems for Call Of Doody.
They'll probably kill Banjo and Kazooie like Universal killed Spyro and Crash.
Yeah, but the Nintendo fandoms have an enormous history of wanting to recreate their favorite games and unofficially continue their legacies. Especially as it gets easier and easier to mimic N64 tech and hack through Tooie and Kazooie, we should see dedicated hacks of those games down the line. That's good enough for me. In addition, there's the ex-Rare staff that worked on B&K wanting to do a spiritual sequel, with different characters. Sounds fine to me.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just wish Microsoft would be smart and sell Rare to Nintendo, where it would actually be useful.
But then again, I also think Nintendo should buy out SEGA, since they've been having troubles.
But for now, those are just pipe-dreams.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just wish Microsoft would be smart and sell Rare to Nintendo, where it would actually be useful.
But then again, I also think Nintendo should buy out SEGA, since they've been having troubles.
But for now, those are just pipe-dreams.
The horribleness that is Kinect Sports sold well, and avatars are pretty successful, I don't see Microsoft letting go of Rare, unless Nintendo offers big, which I also don't see.

What's a little more possible is that the IPs get sold off if Microsoft thinks it'd be a better investment to sell them to Nintendo than what they could make on their systems. Again, Nintendo would need to offer something decent. Sure, Microsoft is basically letting Conker, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct (though they tried to renew that one), and especially poor B&K die slowly, but they probably still wouldn't be eager to let potentially valuable IPs go without decent compensation. And honestly I don't see Nintendo in a rush to scoop them up. They have plenty of other profitable IPs. :(

But if Banjo came back... it would be glorious... I'd probably break something... :love:

And unless Sega actually starts legitimately going bankrupt and looking for a buyer, I don't see Nintendo picking them up.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The horribleness that is Kinect Sports sold well, and avatars are pretty successful, I don't see Microsoft letting go of Rare, unless Nintendo offers big, which I also don't see.

What's a little more possible is that the IPs get sold off if Microsoft thinks it'd be a better investment to sell them to Nintendo than what they could make on their systems. Again, Nintendo would need to offer something decent. Sure, Microsoft is basically letting Conker, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct (though they tried to renew that one), and especially poor B&K die slowly, but they probably still wouldn't be eager to let potentially valuable IPs go without decent compensation. And honestly I don't see Nintendo in a rush to scoop them up. They have plenty of other profitable IPs. :(

But if Banjo came back... it would be glorious... I'd probably break something... :love:

And unless Sega actually starts legitimately going bankrupt and looking for a buyer, I don't see Nintendo picking them up.
I think if SEGA goes on sale, Nintendo would buy them in a heartbeat, and be like, "Genesis does what Nintendon't, eh?"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sure, Microsoft is basically letting Conker, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct (though they tried to renew that one), and especially poor B&K die slowly, but they probably still wouldn't be eager to let potentially valuable IPs go without decent compensation. And honestly I don't see Nintendo in a rush to scoop them up. They have plenty of other profitable IPs. :(

The reason Banjo seems to stand out among them is that I can imagine the number of developers Nintendo has (Retro, for instance) that would be more than eager to scoop up the Banjo IP and make something of it.

Nintendo will likely if they aren't, eventually become aware of this. (Considering how self-aware they're having to become, in many respects.) In addition as was brought up before, the number of developers Rare once had that would probably flock back to Banjo at the chance would be likely make for more than a positive investment on Nintendo's part. Especially considering Retro alone is becoming one of their white-knight developers.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think if SEGA goes on sale, Nintendo would buy them in a heartbeat, and be like, "Genesis does what Nintendon't, eh?"
Nintendo has never really seemed to be interested in owning other companies' IPs. Really the only IP I can think of that Nintendo bought off another company is Fatal Frame. Collaborating is one thing, but considering, to my knowledge, they've never even absorbed another publisher (Rare was the closest they came), I'm not even convinced they would try to get Sega. Sonic is profitable, but Sega really doesn't have too many super lucrative series anymore. Maybe they'd just go for that IP. Though I hope they would scoop up other ones that could fit well with Nintendo.

...this doesn't really relate to K. Rool anymore though. Embarrass

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Nintendo has never really seemed to be interested in owning other companies' IPs. Really the only IP I can think of that Nintendo bought off another company is Fatal Frame. Collaborating is one thing, but considering, to my knowledge, they've never even absorbed another publisher (Rare was the closest they came), I'm not even convinced they would try to get Sega. Sonic is profitable, but Sega really doesn't have too many super lucrative series anymore. Maybe they'd just go for that IP. Though I hope they would scoop up other ones that could fit well with Nintendo.

...this doesn't really relate to K. Rool anymore though. Embarrass
Xenoblade.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, I think they're going to go solely for individual IPs, not the company's properties as a whole. In Rare's case, Perfect Dark and Conker don't strike me as something they'd even attempt. Banjo would be the only thing, as not only does it fit with Nintendo, but it's a beloved IP they once had. Sonic is a bit of a stretch, but I do think Miyamoto has shared an appreciation for Sonic, (Irony at its finest) so there's that.

Nintendo isn't going to just make Sega a sub of it, though. Not their style. So how 'bout that K. Rool?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The reason Banjo seems to stand out among them is that I can imagine the number of developers Nintendo has (Retro, for instance) that would be more than eager to scoop up the Banjo IP and make something of it.

Nintendo will likely if they aren't, eventually become aware of this. (Considering how self-aware they're having to become, in many respects.) In addition as was brought up before, the number of developers Rare once had that would probably flock back to Banjo at the chance would be likely make for more than a positive investment on Nintendo's part. Especially considering Retro alone is becoming one of their white-knight developers.
Yeah, I don't doubt Nintendo is probably aware of the Banjo outcry, it is Rare's most popular IP, but one, I'm still not convinced they would think it's worth it to re-buy when they have their own succesful IPs, and two, Microsoft is probably also aware, which means they probably wouldn't make it easy on Nintendo to get back. Just speculation though, I'd be more than thrilled if Nintendo were to get back Rare's IPs one day, I just try and look at it realistically. I don't doubt if Nintendo got back the Banjo IP, they would put it to good use, with or without Rare.

And I'm still mad Retro didn't hire Grant Kirkhope... :glare:

Xenoblade.
Xenoblade is unrelated to Xenosaga. Namco always has and still owns Xenosaga, Xenoblade was created while under Nintendo, Namco never has owned any of it.

Baten Kaitos maybe though (though Nintendo didn't really buy the IP as much as the developer who owns it).

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yeah, I don't doubt Nintendo is probably aware of the Banjo outcry, it is Rare's most popular IP, but one, I'm still not convinced they would think it's worth it to re-buy when they have their own succesful IPs, and two, Microsoft is probably also aware, which means they probably wouldn't make it easy on Nintendo to get back. Just speculation though, I'd be more than thrilled if Nintendo were to get back Rare's IPs one day, I just try and look at it realistically. I don't doubt if Nintendo got back the Banjo IP, they would put it to good use, with or without Rare.
Yeah i agree, and at this point i dont think nintendo will see it as a must have series, sure they know people want it but among all the other stuff they have i dont think they would be clamoring to get their hands on another platformer series when they could do just fine with the ones they already have.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I picked up DKC4 and have been trying it out, and I have to say, the most recent version has me extremely impressed. Even after just the second level (which is actually pretty hard, I must say) I felt like they caught the atmosphere of a DKC game well, and the multiple characters throws a nice twist on things. My one complaint is I can't figure out which button switches Kongs, even though I know there is one...

Definitely worth a play, though I don't think it's quite finished yet, but it's incredibly well-polished.
:link2: please?

Who's Grant Kirkhope btw?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And he applied to Retro and WAS TURNED DOWN. :mad:
Makes me want to say "What the hell, Retro?"

I think Retro could have a music composer in-house, without exclusively resorting to those employed by Nintendo.

Top Bottom