• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just a heads-up, don't let one or two grating hipsters who "want to be bigger than the K. Rool thread" spoil your view of the entire Shulk fanbase. Many of them are 'one of us' as well, and on the whole, they're quite agreeable.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
HOLY HELL!!

-A response from Nintendo to the Campaign
-New Picture PotD hints
-Jabba the Hut video to post to users
-About 20 new Kutthroats

WHAT DID I MISS!!!!!!
K Rool Kataclismic Kadence???!?!!!?

I KANNOT KONTROL MYSELF

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just a heads-up, don't let one or two grating hipsters who "want to be bigger than the K. Rool thread" spoil your view of the entire Shulk fanbase. Many of them are 'one of us' as well, and on the whole, they're quite agreeable.
See? BKups knows what's up, like always! :shades:

...Wait a second, did I miss something? New PotD hints? Was this in those Famitsu pics of Boxing Ring?

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I also support Shulk's inclussion although I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles, I believe that this an important Nintendo franchise and I've read that the game is a masterpiece, and its music also is incredible, there is Yoko Shimomura too as a composer. Recently my cousin started playing the game and he has told me great things about it. Don't you be not fair with another franchises from Nintendo, they really deserve more representation, al least one character like Shulk for Xenoblade. And of course in my opinion DK deserves at least this time four playable characters, Sakurai would dissapoint me very seriously if this doesn't happen.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I came over here to bring peace to both threads, I'm sorry for whatever reason that make you guys hate us. I just want the fight to stop before it gets big and I wish for the best of luck for the King K. Rool supporters.
It's unnecessary. I don't think many (if any) hate you. Even if they do they do NOT speak for all of us.

I'm assuming you're a Shulk guy? Heck, I'd be really happy to see him. Xenoblade was one of the best RPGs I've ever had the good fortune to own.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Where are you K Rool Just reached 1,000 views.
If you check out my channel you'll see what I look like.
In the process of making a penguin movie :)

No shulk hate, was just joking btw. Everyone really does have great fanbases

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I have no quarrel with any fans of any requested character. They have just as much a right to want their character as I do mine. I see plenty of people diss the King in other threads speaking of irrelevancy and size. I just brush it off let them talk. Because if K.Rool gets in.........all that talk amounted to nothing.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Another PoTD down and another sigh of relief as our beloved King hasn't yet been deconfirmed...... Poor Prince of Sable supporters though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Another PoTD down and another sigh of relief as our beloved King hasn't yet been deconfirmed...... Poor Prince of Sable supporters though.
Yeah...I'm actually impressed to see such an obscure character get such a cool role though! I'm sure all his supporters won't be too salty about this. I mean, it just gives them more exposure for Smash 5! :shades:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Yeah...I'm actually impressed to see such an obscure character get such a cool role though! I'm sure all his supporters won't be too salty about this. I mean, it just gives them more exposure for Smash 5! :shades:
i hope k rool is powerful and I hope that means we can get toys of k rool so I can cuddle one.

JabbatheHutt

i hope k rool is powerful and I hope that means we can get toys of k rool so I can cuddle one.
Cuddling with a soft K Rool will basically give us virgins even more of an excuse to be single.

Insta buying any k tool toys..... THERES NOTHING

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I agree! Sakurai is sure digging deep for this iteration of Smash! I hope this gives our beloved King even more of a chance to get on the roster! Thought tbh to get some K.Rool exposure in Sm4sh at all would be great playable being preferable.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Cuddling with a soft K Rool will basically give us virgins even more of an excuse to be single.

Insta buying any k tool toys..... THERES NOTHING
I once found a prototype K.Rool plush on Ebay it was cancelled
When the company that made it went under. They wanted 1,000 bucks for it most expensive Nintendo plush I've seen aside from Boshi which was around $940

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
I once found a prototype K.Rool plush on Ebay it was cancelled
When the company that made it went under. They wanted 1,000 bucks for it most expensive Nintendo plush I've seen aside from Boshi which was around $940
1,000 $ for a k rool plushie is worth it.

JabbatheHutt

just saw the thing on the k Rool plush.

This guy was the guy who bought it.

Looks amazing:

DK64 k Rool is my favorite design

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Where are you K Rool Just reached 1,000 views.
If you check out my channel you'll see what I look like.
In the process of making a penguin movie :)

No shulk hate, was just joking btw. Everyone really does have great fanbases
I did check out your channel. You're a DCAU fan as well? Just when I thought you couldn't get any K. ooler.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so I kind of couldn't help but join in on the fun @ JabbatheHutt JabbatheHutt started with his music video the other day. Feast your eyes and ears. . .

I have maybe a fraction of Jabba's musical skill, but I do think my tipsiness resulted in at least a passable K. Rool voice. The lyrics were a blast to brainstorm and piece together as well.

Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Okay, so I kind of couldn't help but join in on the fun @ JabbatheHutt JabbatheHutt started with his music video the other day. Feast your eyes and ears. . .

I have maybe a fraction of Jabba's musical skill, but I do think my tipsiness resulted in at least a passable K. Rool voice. The lyrics were a blast to brainstorm and piece together as well.

Hope you all enjoy!
That was amazing. I'm very impressed that you came up with such good lyrics while being tipsy. Out of curiosity, how long did this take?

JabbatheHutt

Hope you all enjoy!
this was arousing on many levels..

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That was amazing. I'm very impressed that you came up with such good lyrics while being tipsy. Out of curiosity, how long did this take?
The lyrics were assembled on-and-off over a period of half an hour or so during the day, then the song was performed and edited over a two hour period at night during the wait for the pic of the day. Glad you enjoyed it.

JabbatheHutt

The lyrics were assembled on-and-off over a period of half an hour or so during the day, then the song was performed and edited over a two hour period at night during the wait for the pic of the day. Glad you enjoyed it.
Your voice of K Rool was great! Chorus is catchy too.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
By the way why do people think that kremlins being in Smash Run is a sign that K. Rool is in the game, when Tikis were apparently also spotted? They might just be using enemies from every franchise.

JabbatheHutt

By the way why do people think that kremlins being in Smash Run is a sign that K. Rool is in the game, when Tikis were apparently also spotted? They might just be using enemies from every franchise.
Kremlings have been absent since 2008 along with k Rool.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Because they could have easily just filled Smash Run with boring walking drum enemies from DKCR but they didn't. It's interesting to note how the Kritters weren't highlighted in the Smash Run enemy showcase in the Smash direct, even though we could all clearly see them and strangely, they appeared frequently and in somewhat large numbers each time in the gameplay clips it showed. That is sure as hell hinting at something. Also, if you have Kremlings in a game, why not K. Rool? They kind of go hand in hand. I think the only time that Kremlings appeared in a game without K. Rool was Mario Strikers, but that was a MARIO game. Smash Bros. is supposed to be a game that brings the fullness of different gaming worlds into one game, so I'm sure that K. Rool is going to appear in the game and I'm sure it won't be as a dumb boss because I doubt they would make the main villain of a series into a dumb punching bag. Sakurai knows how much that would piss people off.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
If Sakurai wanted to use enemies from the DKC franchise why not use just the tikis or snomads from the most recent games? Why bother to bring the kremlings back as enemies if their captain isn't in the game in some form. But this is Sakurai and maybe he just likes the kremlings?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I think today gives even more hope to us kutthroats. If Prince Sable is an assist trophy in the game, there is no reason K Rool shouldn't be in the game as something. Hopefully a playable character.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I totally want a trailer where K rool is watching the television and Little mac show up and it talks about him being the boxing champion, and K Rool spits up his drink and goes WHATS THIS?

Or make it like that one episode of donkey kong where he refused to talk to his soldiers and said No calls! no reports! no nothing! and then they bring up mac and he comes down really pissed:p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
HOLY HELL!!

-A response from Nintendo to the Campaign
-New Picture PotD hints
-Jabba the Hut video to post to users
-About 20 new Kutthroats

WHAT DID I MISS!!!!!!
K Rool Kataclismic Kadence???!?!!!?

I KANNOT KONTROL MYSELF
What PotD hints? Although admittedly, all these classic characters popping up are interesting. Sakurai is showing off a lot of forgotten characters right now as AT's.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Comments like this are unecessary, and stir up vitriol between members of a community who should be getting along. Besides, there were plenty of Shulk supports before Gematsu 2: Electric Boogaloo. Besides, comments like the bolded hint that some people commenting about said character actually haven't played their game. Which is usually a no-go for acceptable argumentation.

Honestly though, I don't see why one group has to hate on another so much. We weren't antagonising the K. Rool thread with our posting, merely happy about having enough pages to be as "relevant" on the boards. Besides that, I know for a fact that most of the Shulk supporters in the thread, like myself are hardcore K. Rool fans, too!

So come on guys, we're all in this together. Big, fat, green scaly...together.
All of my most wanted are Generic Anime Swordsmen and Heavyweight Villains. They make for the best smashers!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Comments like this are unecessary, and stir up vitriol between members of a community who should be getting along. Besides, there were plenty of Shulk supports before Gematsu 2: Electric Boogaloo. Besides, comments like the bolded hint that some people commenting about said character actually haven't played their game. Which is usually a no-go for acceptable argumentation.

Honestly though, I don't see why one group has to hate on another so much. We weren't antagonising the K. Rool thread with our posting, merely happy about having enough pages to be as "relevant" on the boards. Besides that, I know for a fact that most of the Shulk supporters in the thread, like myself are hardcore K. Rool fans, too!

So come on guys, we're all in this together. Big, fat, green scaly...together.
The only thing I don't want is for Sakurai to skip Isaac and go straight to Shulk. I'll be disappointed if Shulk gets in over Isaac, which is why I'd rather them both get in at the same time, preferably in the same trailer. Naturally I want K. Rool over both, though. :D

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
If Sakurai wanted to use enemies from the DKC franchise why not use just the tikis or snomads from the most recent games? Why bother to bring the kremlings back as enemies if their captain isn't in the game in some form. But this is Sakurai and maybe he just likes the kremlings?
Well, they represent the games, don't they? At least, better than the tiki bird things.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I must have missed something skimming through the pages. How/When did Nintendo respond?
Nintendo have responded several times to different emails about K. Rool that people sent out. Some are copy-pasted, at least one was a specialized email, but hey, its something.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93775547096/rumor-mill-4chan-15-leak

Is it bad that even though I know this is fake it still makes me upset?
These are the stupidest things I've seen. Sakurai isn't going to ****ing bring K. Rool back from the grave JUST to make him a non-playable lazy boss. Either K. Rool is playable or he's just a trophy again. It DOES make me upset, though, because even though its fake, someone had to make it in the first place, and the person who made it is clearly trolling K. Rool fans and trying to piss us off. And it unfortunately works.

Top Bottom