• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Are you sure? In the Brawl speculation days, I doubted the notion of Ridley becoming a boss because I thought it was ridiculous that he would do it to Samus's archenemy. I figured that because of his playable size in Melee's intro, that he would make Mother Brain the boss if he wanted one from that series.

Oh, but I was wrong. Dead wrong.

But honestly, if K. Rool isn't playable, then I'm thinking that he's a boss hazard. I really don't like the possibility, but it seems as though it's more likely to happen than using a forgettable character like Tiki Tong (who is really just Master Hand).
Tiki Tong is quite a bit different from Master Hand.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, if the Gematsu leak is all the newcomers, Ridley is a boss, K. Rool is a boss, Snake is cut and Xenoblade doesn't get a stage? I think that's the only scenario where I actually won't buy the game. Just one of them not being the case would make me not hate it enough to buy it, which could be as simple as K. Rool not being a boss. So... yeah, kind of hoping that doesn't happen.
Gematsu never said Xenoblade wouldn't get a stage, nor did it say Snake was cut. There's nothing against K. Rool getting in as an Assist Trophy, either, if Gematsu IS all the newcomers.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Gematsu never said Xenoblade wouldn't get a stage, nor did it say Snake was cut. There's nothing against K. Rool getting in as an Assist Trophy, either, if Gematsu IS all the newcomers.
Actually yeah, that is unrelated. (Never said it wasn't though)
I just really want a Xenoblade stage >.>

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sparknotes version, it's best to start requesting K. Rool for DLC early before EVERYONE whose character isn't in the game starts doing the same. Also, the campaign points out that, if K. Rool is a boss or an Assist Trophy, the movement still stands, requesting that K. Rool get the Alfonzo Treatment and be replaced by someone like Krow or Kudgel.

Yes, obviously the movement isn't guaranteed success, but at the very least, it puts out K. Rool's name as a candidate that people want to see in Smash and to return, period. The latter point could be particularly important, given that Retro could start planning their next DKC game within a year of Tropical Freeze's release (which they did previously with Returns), and might take notice.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll start to seriously doubt his chances for DLC if he turns out to be an assist trophy. That is like a death warrant for any character for getting in this time.

However, if he's a stage element, an Alfonzo scenario is very feasible.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I posted a HUGE comment on the Wordpress site as you suggested BKupa666, but when I look there now there are still only 3. Hopefully its not gone? Wrote so much love to the King in that speech lol.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
If we don't see K. Rool or Dixie or any other DK newcomer, I'll have to admit that I'd be very frustrated that the Donkey Kong series is receiving the same amount of content as a series with 1 game on a console and two games on handhelds or a series with 3 games and only one making it overseas. I understand my most wanted(Paper Mario) is a very unlikely choice and I am aware of that, but we're talking about one of Nintendo's biggest franchise that has plenty of content to pick from.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Psst. You. Yeah, you. Help Kontribute to the Kampaign--send me pictures of the King that you make to the best of your ability, and I will edit them into signature icons. Oh, and these signature icons MIGHT be used in a video that I'm working on. What are you waiting for? LONG LIVE THE KING!

The Prototype Images:

My signature. I made a K. Rool out of perler beads. Even if you're terrible at drawing (like me), you can still help out by using your other creative talents!

This is made out of that image that you guys spent so much trimming and retexturing earlier this year. I'd love it if you guys made this your signature here and spread the love elsewhere!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hypothetically speaking, what characters do you think will give King K. Rool the hardest time when it comes to match ups?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sparknotes version, it's best to start requesting K. Rool for DLC early before EVERYONE whose character isn't in the game starts doing the same. Also, the campaign points out that, if K. Rool is a boss or an Assist Trophy, the movement still stands, requesting that K. Rool get the Alfonzo Treatment and be replaced by someone like Krow or Kudgel.

Yes, obviously the movement isn't guaranteed success, but at the very least, it puts out K. Rool's name as a candidate that people want to see in Smash and to return, period. The latter point could be particularly important, given that Retro could start planning their next DKC game within a year of Tropical Freeze's release (which they did previously with Returns), and might take notice.
Pretty much what I was saying in a nutshell. I 10000000000000% agree with ya.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Hypothetically speaking, what characters do you think will give King K. Rool the hardest time when it comes to match ups?
Villager,
K. Rool would lose his mind once Villager pockets his crown and then sells it to Tom Nook. Crowns come with a hefty price in that game, no joke!

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
king k rool could easily be added as dlc with a unique moveset look at zatana from injustice she was never intended to be dlc but she was heavily requested and so she got in as the last extra dlc character and she had a magic moveset unlike any one else in the game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
king k rool could easily be added as dlc with a unique moveset look at zatana from injustice she was never intended to be dlc but she was heavily requested and so she got in as the last extra dlc character and she had a magic moveset unlike any one else in the game.
You're comparing two completely different games here. Maybe its possible, but you gotta keep in mind that the gameplay between Smash Bros. and Injustice is nothing alike. Still, I'll support K. Rool for DLC, I just don't think he'd get in if he wasn't already planned to begin with.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Heavyweights are so much fun to play as.
K.Rool, Ridley, and Porky would be sinister.
Also, King Hippo :troll:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't know where this preconception that DLC characters won't have much work put into them has come from. I would suggest that it would be more likely that DLC characters will have more time and effort put into them, as they're being sold on their own merit.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
DLC will obviously have to cater more to popularity that the initial roster for it to succeed. Moveset, while important, is a bit secondary. Pichu/Waluigi with the most inventive moveset will still likely sell less than a clone-y Dixie, I think.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
DLC will obviously have to cater more to popularity that the initial roster for it to succeed. Moveset, while important, is a bit secondary. Pichu/Waluigi with the most inventive moveset will still likely sell less than a clone-y Dixie, I think.
We'll be seeing characters that sell, from popular franchises, or characters used to promote upcoming games.

I don't see any scenario where Dixie would be anything close to a clone.

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Loving this new DLC campaign. Even though I remain confident in the Kremling King's chances to be in the initial game, I think its good that we're thinking ahead just in case. This should grant him a healthy lead in the DLC war and hopefully he will be DLC whether DK likes it or not..

Last edited:

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Something has been really getting to me lately about K Rool's chances and I thought I would post it here.

I know its been discussed before but I think in light of the DLC talk I think its worth being brought up again.

Smash 4 has yet to add ANY villains to the cast. While it is possible that none of the newcomers this time around will be villains doesn't it seem more likely that there will be at least one to two?

From 64 -> Melee they added Bowser and Ganondorf(arguably mewtwo as well).
From Melee -> Brawl they added DDD and Wolf(arguably wario as well).

So why would this pattern change in regards to Smash 4? I feel like if you went back in time and asked for a consensus if there would be at least 1-2 villains added to the roster a huge majority of people would have agreed. Personally I think the leak is real, but there are still a few characters that are yet to be revealed(likely secret characters).

Realistically the only reason I could see for there being absolutely no villains in the game is if Sakurai specifically didn't want to add more villains or if they planned to have some sort of Villain DLC package for later, no other options really make sense. I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't have a desire to add a few villains but he can be crazy at times.

IMO it is likely that there will be at least 1 new bad guy in the starting roster, and the only real choices would be either K Rool or Ridley (you could argue mewtwo's return but that is a big stretch). Then again some random curveball villain is also possible.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The Iridescent Glint Beetle was rumored to have been seen in Smash Run before, and now we have proof.

Mean anything at all for Chunky, and therefore K. Rool?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Like I've been saying, I'm konfident that the Gematsu list is incomplete. The likely scenario is that the unannounced Gematsu 3 are going to be announced pre launch, and the guy didn't know the secret/unlockable newcomers (if he's in advertising/marketing then he wouldn't, as people are only told what they need to know to avoid this kind of thing from leaking).

I think we'll see 3 extra newcomers (locked):
- Ridley (I don't see any sense in teasing fans with a playable character for months (and who is essentially the most requested character) if he's anything but playable. That's really not a good business tactic, he teased Palutena too and she ended up in, and she didn't receive anywhere the amount of teasing as Ridley has.)
- Ghirahim (Providing that Gematsu is correct and that Chrom is in, then 2 of the Trophy Quiz hints have lead to playable characters, I'm pretty confident that Ridley is in due to the reasons I stated above, so that would mean 3/4. If Mario and Pokemon both got newcomers representing their most recent main games, then I don't see why Zelda wouldn't.)
- K. Rool (although this could technically be Dixie. Mainly K. Rool because I see no other reason why the Kremlings would have been brought back when they could have just left it at the Tikis. The startling lack of a new DK stage suggests that something is up, which would probably fit K. Rool more than Dixie.)

Sakurai has addressed the "lack of female" characters nitpick in the roster, the other major nitpick was the lack of villains. 3 unlockable villains, two of which are among the most fan-requested characters, and have been since pre-brawl sounds right to me.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Like I've been saying, I'm konfident that the Gematsu list is incomplete. The likely scenario is that the unannounced Gematsu 3 are going to be announced pre launch, and the guy didn't know the secret/unlockable newcomers (if he's in advertising/marketing then he wouldn't, as people are only told what they need to know to avoid this kind of thing from leaking).

- Ridley (I don't see any sense in teasing fans with a playable character for months (and who is essentially the most requested character) if he's anything but playable. That's really not a good business tactic, he teased Palutena too and she ended up in, and she didn't receive anywhere the amount of teasing as Ridley has.)
- Ghirahim (Providing that Gematsu is correct and that Chrom is in, then 2 of the Trophy Quiz hints have lead to playable characters, I'm pretty confident that Ridley is in due to the reasons I stated above, so that would mean 3/4. If Mario and Pokemon both got newcomers representing their most recent main games, then I don't see why Zelda wouldn't.)
- K. Rool (although this could technically be Dixie. Mainly K. Rool because I see no other reason why the Kremlings would have been brought back when they could have just left it at the Tikis. The startling lack of a new DK stage suggests that something is up, which would probably fit K. Rool more than Dixie.)

Sakurai has addressed the "lack of female" characters nitpick in the roster, the other major nitpick was the lack of villains. 3 unlockable villains, two of which are among the most fan-requested characters, and have been since pre-brawl sounds right to me.
I would argue that Impa is just as likely as Ghirahim, she is the fourth most recurring and important character in the series, showing up since the early games, and she doesn't have to be a ninja either, would be in the playable female slot, and provide many possible appearances and movesets, even pulling from Hyrule warriors(been in development for two years, and there is also the fact that Anouma could have worked with sakurai to create a new smash version as well)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Replace Ghirahim with Vaati and you are on a stellar track!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would argue that Impa is just as likely as Ghirahim, she is the fourth most recurring and important character in the series, showing up since the early games, and she doesn't have to be a ninja either, would be in the playable female slot, and provide many possible appearances and movesets, even pulling from Hyrule warriors(been in development for two years, and there is also the fact that Anouma could have worked with sakurai to create a new smash version as well)
I'd go with Ghirahim being more likely as Fi's trophy sort of implies Ghirahim, she is to Link what Ghirahim is to Demise. Plus Ghirahim represents Skyward Sword, he's pretty much exclusively significant to that, whereas Impa is kind of a multi-game character. Just like Greninja reps X/Y and Rosalina represents Galaxy.

Tiki was from Fire Emblem Awakening = Chrom (rumoured).
Pseudo Palutena was from Uprising (and basically a deformed Palutena) = Palutena.
King Kihunter was a villain from Other M = Ridley (we already know he uses his Other M look too).
Fi was from Skyward Sword = Ghirahim.

Obviously I could be looking too far into things, but it does all fit. And at one time I personally considered Ghirahim a shoo-in. I believe a Nintendo rep did say that the direct was packed full of hints.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Why would Ghirahim be a shoo-in? He has so far been in one game

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ganondorf was only in one game before being in Melee. So was Greninja, and several others.
We can get technical about it, but Ganondorf is also in as a representation of Ganon.
Greninja is in two, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.
But that is irrelant because we are talking about Zelda, which has the three characters who hold the triforce.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
From now on, I'm gonna replace all of my c's with k's. :lick:
Except when it changes the pronunciation.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
We can get technical about it, but Ganondorf is also in as a representation of Ganon.
Greninja is in two, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.
But that is irrelant because we are talking about Zelda, which has the three characters who hold the triforce.
I'm not saying that I wouldn't rather have Vaati or Impa. Ghirahim just fits more with the Trophy Quiz theory.

Top Bottom