• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Welp, the Ridley thread is doing it right now and I couldn't help myself I'm sorry aaaaaaaaah

Looking at it again, the "crown" looks like it goes up quite a bit higher than my outline and I can see a pretty clear cape but I'm not going through all the trouble to remake this just for a stupid joke post. :yoshi64:
I'm sorry, but this doesn't quite do it for me.
I only believe in clouds, you see.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
upload_2014-5-5_21-47-34.png

Found K Rool's head somewhere.

Also, Batman, Groot, Sips, Shrek, Skull Kid and Reggie's Shadow are playable. Calling it.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
After seeing the POTD from last night with the possible DK64 reference, im still a bit positive King K.Rool will be a playable character. The one from tonight was a bit disappointing since i hoped Sakurai would show another pic in the comments showing the kremlins in the Smash Run. I guess we'll just have to keep playing the waiting game.

But I wont give up hope on our King being playable, though. I pray to Arceus everyday so that we could possibly see our glorious King in action in a Smash Bros game.

Soon...

Im not sorry

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The rock formation also could be King Hippo

Assuming it's not just ROCKS

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Love that Wolverine pic! Laughed. At this point, I'll take K. Rool as a boss or an assist trophy. While not the best scenario (or the "fairest" for the character or the fanbase) I would be glad to see him in HD. It wouldn't be the most glamorous victory, but after DKC Returns + DKC Tropical Freeze I'll take it.

I am still hopeful, however. Those Kremlings in Smash Run are a beacon in the dark.

Thanks for so many "likes" on my first post, by the way; I'm so flattered. Here's some other Miiverse drawings, most are old but some might be appreciated.

fill

20EggsEggs
Love that Wolverine pic! Laughed. At this point, I'll take K. Rool as a boss or an assist trophy. While not the best scenario (or the "fairest" for the character or the fanbase) I would be glad to see him in HD. It wouldn't be the most glamorous victory, but after DKC Returns + DKC Tropical Freeze I'll take it.

I am still hopeful, however. Those Kremlings in Smash Run are a beacon in the dark.

Thanks for so many "likes" on my first post, by the way; I'm so flattered. Here's some other Miiverse drawings, most are old but some might be appreciated.
but could you imagine K Rool in smash4, then the new DK game is announced and K Rool is the main boss and was behind the tikis, the snomads, and he brings the kremlings

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
You know, I would actually prefer to have them remain separate. I'd be over the moon if Nintendo brought him back, but I honestly think it would be overkill to make him somehow involved in all the previous plots. Let's not degrade the Kremling brand by including the Tikis. :secretkpop:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think he was referring to making K. Rool the mastermind behind the plots of both previous Retro DKC games, not him incorporating those enemies into the Kremling Krew. I'd certainly enjoy that plot twist, since it would essentially retcon those plots to a larger part of K. Rool's ultimate plan, reaffirming his position as the DK villain (even though he never lost that position, really).

Great drawings as usual.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Every now and again you find an intelligent post on Gamefaqs:

To attempt to summarize the importance of King K. Rool with mere words is a herculean feat too difficult to even contemplate. His prowess is beyond compare, his strength the stuff of legend, his maw brings desolation on all those foolish enough to stand in his path. It is this godlike creature which mortals dare to defy by claiming he will not be playable. To imagine a world without King K. Rool is a distasteful torture which I do not deign to consider for even a moment. I find here, gathered around me like children attending the elder of some forgotten tribe in hopes even the slightest crumb of his infinite wisdom, the users of GameFAQs. My goal is one of knowledge, justice and light, to crush the nefarious lurkers which wouldst see King K. Rool banished to the dreams of children. Nay, I will not stand idly by as they weave their plots as a spider weaves it's web. I will fight them with every fiber of my being, in hopes that my noble sacrifice will cause a chain reaction in the common man that will shake them to their very souls.

Every man hopes to one day become a fabled hero, as in the stories of yore. I believe it is my fate to bring unto this board the divine light of truth, and so I bring forth facts and evidence for the inclusion of King K. Rool which I have accumulated. Even in the face of this amalgamation of conclusive proof that he should, nay, needs to be involved, some people fight back against the inexorable tide of King K. Rool's prowess. Some shrink from joining either side in fear of being made a fool of in the face of their peers and to these I quote Abraham Lincoln when I say "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today". All men must choose a side who's flag they will uphold on the day of reckoning.

The truth of the matter is simple, King K. Rool will be in the game, and those that oppose him will be decimated by his unparallelled might. I say there will be a rude awakening that will echo through the chapters of history. On the day of King K. Rool's joyous reveal there will be rapturous celebrations, feasting, dancing and the terrible music which oft accompanies it.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Copy/pasted from the Ridley thread.

It's obvious that the K. Rool and Ridley support groups are in close tandem with each other, but I must ask this: If both characters got in the roster, which one would you play as first?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
It's obvious that the K. Rool and Ridley support groups are in close tandem with each other, but I must ask this: If both characters got in the roster, which one would you play as first?
I'm supporting both characters' inclusion (I'm sure you've seen me posting over in the Ridley thread as well), but if I had to choose, K. Rool first.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I want Ridley, but I have a more personal connection K. Rool. I also want him more.

D

Deleted member

I want Ridley, but I have a more personal connection K. Rool. I also want him more.
This. K. Rool, Mewtwo and Mega Man are the only three characters I would be disappointed in if they didn't show up (thankfully, Mega Man is in and Mewtwo is practically a shoe-in).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In a perfect world, my first match of SSB4 would be Bowser vs. K. Rool. I've been waiting to do that for a long, long time.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Copy/pasted from the Ridley thread.
Kinda wanna see them announced together,Pirate VS Space Pirate, Reptile VS Reptile, Villain VS Villain!!
Super Fat VS Super Skinny

D

Deleted member

Are you me? I feel the exact same way.
What's your top three (counting confirmed characters before they were confirmed)? In order from greatest to least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I think it's time for K. Rool to have a new persona. I'm thinking something to appeal to the younger generation, for maximum profits and relevancy to current popular culture. I propose he be called K. Kewl. He would be trendy as **** and wear shades inside while drinking and having sex.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think it's time for K. Rool to have a new persona. I'm thinking something to appeal to the younger generation, for maximum profits and relevancy to current popular culture. I propose he be called K. Kewl. He would be trendy as **** and wear shades inside while drinking and having sex.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's stay on topic here, and not be like the Ridley thread :rolleyes:

So, just now I noticed we can ACTUALLY throw down the lamps from the boxing ring stage... I haven't seen that part of the update before!

Also, IIRC the times K.Rool appeared in main DK titles as a villain is 9 times. The SNES DKC triology, and the GB DKL triology makes 6. DK64 makes 7, and then there's DK: King of Swing, and DK Jungle Climber. On top of that, he's been playable in Mario Super Sluggers, DK: King of Swing, and DK Barrel Blast.

Looking forward to fight Little Mac as King K.Rool to btw. Ever since the Direct, and how many punches DK and Diddy had to take to show off Little Mac's moves, I've been fired to fight against him. King K.Rool vs Bowser is also overdue. And I really wanna fight King Dedede, Wario and Mario as K.Rool to.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Which episode?
The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie show. Season 8.

Basically the character was created as an "Extremely cool" dog meant to attract the younger generation since the Itchy and Scratchy show's popularity fell, but ends up as a try hard and the poor writing caused everyone to hate him. Homer tries to reinvent the character, but the company decided to kill him off by saying Poochie had to return to his home planet but died in he process by the next showing. Everyone is happy, except Homer.

Thus the term "Poochie" has been used for this particular archetype. Video game examples include Shadow the Hedgehog and Dante from Devil May Cry.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie show. Season 8.

Basically the character was created as an "Extremely cool" dog meant to attract the younger generation since the Itchy and Scratchy show's popularity fell, but ends up as a try hard and the poor writing caused everyone to hate him. Homer tries to reinvent the character, but the company decided to kill him off by saying Poochie had to return to his home planet but died in he process by the next showing. Everyone is happy, except Homer.

Thus the term "Poochie" has been used for this particular archetype. Video game examples include Shadow the Hedgehog and Dante from Devil May Cry.
Ohhh, now I remember! Thanks.

*Ahem* Anyway, back on topic.

Also, IIRC the times K.Rool appeared in main DK titles as a villain is 9 times. The SNES DKC triology, and the GB DKL triology makes 6. DK64 makes 7, and then there's DK: King of Swing, and DK Jungle Climber. On top of that, he's been playable in Mario Super Sluggers, DK: King of Swing, and DK Barrel Blast.
I really don't understand why K. Rool wasn't in Brawl considering he and the rest of the DK crew were included in Mario Super Sluggers. Or Dixie for that matter.

Edit: Seriously, is there an explanation as to why K. Rool wasn't in the last Smash game? I heard about those rumors about Dixie being part of a group of so-called forbidden characters, but K. Rool? Not hide nor ... um, scale of him with no explanation. Bizarre.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool can't exactly work as a duo character, so that might be a reason as to why he wasn't partially programmed.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
K. Rool can't work in a duo? Nonsense!
K. Rool - Ridley duo plz
Here's what I have in mind...

:troll::troll::troll:
KDodidly.png

What am I even doing with my life?

Top Bottom