• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
It is pretty much a guarantee at this point that we will have 300 before E3; we only have 8 more to go. K. Rool support is one of the gifts that keeps on giving.
Eight more, ehh? Make it seven! I know I haven't posted on this thread before, but I am a firm K. Rool supporter. Here's to hoping he makes it in this time!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I had a K. Rool-related dream last night.

Someone on the forums dug up some long-lost Japanese interview with Sakurai where he claimed that he wanted to add K. Rool into Brawl, but he had planned to have King Dedede's VA from the Kirby cartoon voice him, and the guy backed out last-minute, so he had to cut K. Rool as a result.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I once had a dream K.Rool was in Melee. Weirdly enough, he played a lot like a mix between Bowser and Ganondorf. This was a dream of when I was younger though. Don't mind me!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Someone on the forums dug up some long-lost Japanese interview with Sakurai where he claimed that he wanted to add K. Rool into Brawl, but he had planned to have King Dedede's VA from the Kirby cartoon voice him, and the guy backed out last-minute, so he had to cut K. Rool as a result.
That is not a dream, that is a nightmare... :sadeyes:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I had a dream about K. Rool. It involved a lot of butter and chains. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

D

Deleted member

DAMN YOU 4KIDS!

ruining everything. thank god they're dead.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh come on, you really don't want to see King K. Rool get a monstah to klobbah dat dere DK? :awesome:
You stole my bloody response.

To fit his 4Kids Kirby actor, I'm now picturing K. Rool wearing farmer overalls and plaid, carrying a pitchfork and sticking a piece of straw out of his mouth. Kousin Rool would be his new moniker.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You stole my bloody response.

To fit his 4Kids Kirby actor, I'm now picturing K. Rool wearing farmer overalls and plaid, carrying a pitchfork and sticking a piece of straw out of his mouth. Kousin Rool would be his new moniker.
Oh god no, it'd be Mumbo Jumbo all over again.

Why Mumbo.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
If King K.Rool does end up in the game than i'd love for them to add the old sound effects they had for him during his boss battles in the old DKC (along with some of the kremlins in general). The one where he's like "uhh". I think it'd be incredibly funny to see him make that sound again after so long.

Also, i recently drew a picture of King K.Rool on Miiverse and thought i'd share it with you guys here on this thread. Hope you guys like it.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
If King K.Rool does end up in the game than i'd love for them to add the old sound effects they had for him during his boss battles in the old DKC (along with some of the kremlins in general). The one where he's like "uhh". I think it'd be incredibly funny to see him make that sound again after so long.

Also, i recently drew a picture of King K.Rool on Miiverse and thought i'd share it with you guys here on this thread. Hope you guys like it.
The 'ugh' sound is one of my favorite parts about the King K. Rool battle.
Aside from the music, overall mechanics, atmosphere, the chaos, fake kredits, difficulty, and the fact King K. Rool is a generally awesome character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dreams that involve K. Rool? I had one involving him once.

SSB4 was out and I saw the full roster.

King K. Rool was on it.

Chunky Kong was on it too.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Dreams that involve K. Rool? I had one involving him once.

SSB4 was out and I saw the full roster.

King K. Rool was on it.

Chunky Kong was on it too.
I remember back in the pre-brawl days when i had a dream where Rare was bought back by Nintendo. Shortly after, King K.Rool and Dixie Kong was added to the roster of characters. Tears of joy were shed and it made me even happier to see two of my most requested characters (Sonic and K.Rool at the time) were going to be in the game. I also looked foreword to the idea of having a match with the 3 glutton kings, Bowser, Dedede, and K.Rool. But then... i woke up and felt pretty bad about how he wasnt actually confirmed to be in the game T_T

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I had a dream a killer whale could swim thru land and was lounging after me as I was running away and dodging like a ninja. Not nearly as poetic as the above, but still K Rool for Smash.

Not to bring the hype down any but since the inclusion of battles I do feel as though he is in the game in at least the form of a boss.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I once had a dream I owned a big land house, and invited a lot of people over. Then tigers came out of nothing, and came into my house. I hid myself, but all the guests got eaten. Then, I came out of my hiding spot, and a tiger saw me. I befriended it, and befriended other tigers and chilled with them all. But eventually, one attacked me and killed me. That was the end of my dream.

K.Rool for Smash!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The previous one I had was that SSB4 came out for the iPhone, and had a roster of 50 characters, including K. Rool. Just like @ DarkFoxTeam DarkFoxTeam , I woke up just as I selected him to play as in game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had a dream that Boots, from Dora the Explorder had replaced Diddy. And it totally freaked me out.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I had a dream that everyone on the forums here had a dream about king k. rool and, holy shnikey's that explains everything!

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I had a dream about K. Rool's E3 reveal trailer.

Iwata: "Please take-a-look"

Screen cuts to black, flashes the smash logo. A bunch of characters are shown fighting in many different clips and angles. Clips flash by, building ultimate hype by showing cool combos and tight gameplay. The screen flashes to black again, and credits start to roll. Produced by Sora Ltd and Namco, Lead Developer Sakurai, etc etc. Then we hear it, the ultra famous "uhhh?" A super heavy-metal version of Gangplank Galleon starts playing and K. Rool's splash screen appears "King K. Rool - Barges In!". I awake before any gameplay footage is shown, but he was in his "King" costume, and was holding his bluderbuss

EDIT: fixed embarrassing typos

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Boots and Dora duo confirmed for Smash 4! What does this mean for Swiper's chances of being in the game???
Unfortunately, Swiper will not be participating in this iteration of Smash Brothers. Instead, we'll have Diego as a full playable character. And as for Swiper, he'll appear as a stage hazard who'll try to swipe your items away.

Please understand.

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
It's unlikely - but if we were to bring back the "character select animation" from 64, what would K. Rool do? We've discussed his entrance and poses before, so hey, why not?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It's unlikely - but if we were to bring back the "character select animation" from 64, what would K. Rool do? We've discussed his entrance and poses before, so hey, why not?
Laugh while waving to the imaginary audience and then pause by placing his hands on his side while grinning towards the screen.
Or something just really narcissistic like that I'd imagine. I'd want some of his poses and victory animations and such to play on that.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I'd always imagine him taking a bow, and his crown falling off, and it boomeranging back to hit him in the face as he sneers and makes a smug pose to regain his composure.

D

Deleted member

Something I find interesting about King K. Rool is that looking back on all of my prediction rosters, only two newcomers have been a constant for me; King K. Rool and Mega Man. The latter is of course, already in, but we haven't heard of K. Rool's fate yet. Not that it means anything, I just found that interesting (and I have done many, many predictions).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd have him basically be the Aran Ryan of the character select animations, where he basically just spazzes out and jumps around while taunting the other characters chosen.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
I had a dream about K. Rool's E3 reveal trailer.

Iwata: "Please take-a-look"

Screen cuts to black, flashes the smash logo. A bunch of characters are shown fighting in many different clips and angles. They flash by building ultimate hype by showing cool combos and tight gameplay. The screen flashes to black again, and credits start to roll. Produced by Sora Ltd and Namco, Lead Developer Sakurai, etc etc. Then we here it, the ultra famous "uhhh?" A super heavy-metal version of Gangplank Galleon starts playing and K. Rool's splash screen appears "King K. Rool - Barges In!". I awake before any gameplay footage is shown, but he was in his "King" costume, and was holding his bluderbuss
It would be great if his reveal trailer involved the "The End?" thing from DKC.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
K Rool's stage entrance should be him falling out of the sky and squashing a tiki into the ground.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
It would be great if his reveal trailer involved the "The End?" thing from DKC.
I was mulling over a potential King K. Rool reveal trailer, and this is the best I could come up with:

Mario, Bowser, and DK are all fighting aboard a suspicious pirate ship stage(totally not Gangplank Galleon). DK and Mario gang up on the Koopa King, knocking him off stage. However, there's no smash explosion when he gets KOd. Instead, he collapses back on the ship, King K. Rool on the scene beind him on his Kopter, having carried him from being KOd. He lands on Bowser, and points his blunderbuss at Mario and DK, with the tagline reading 'King K. Rool sets sail!' The rest of the trailer is King K. Rool being showcased on Gangplank Galleon, the footage ending with him taunting while glowing with the Smash ball, a suspicious The End? burning the screen until it fades to black.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
So... we could possibly be able to try K Rool on june 10th....

...Anyone hyped?
Yehe boi! The King of Kremlings! I remember when I got home from school one day when Brawl was in development and he told me "Hey, a new DK character was revealed! Guess who?" And then I was like, "King K. Rool! It has to be." And then he broke my ehart by saying, "Nope, Diddy Kong."

From the moment on I hated Diddy Kong and vow that if King K. Rool is playable, I will make a point to beat the crap out of every Diddy I see with him. It ain't Diddy's fault, but the disappointment was real.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
My idea for his trailer would be DK and Diddy running through the jungle, DKR style. The opening would be cinematic and 3D before cutting to what looks like 2.5D gameplay footage of them. They're running through a beautiful jungle coastline, with a sailing ship way in the background.

Suddenly, from the background, the ship fires a cannonball, which smashes into the both of them, sending them flying. The camera does a dramatic zoom onto the ship, where we see a Kritter looking through a telescope. He closes it up, and gives a "we got them" gesture to someone offscreen. The camera pans to reveal that offscreen figure is none other than our great king, who laughs maniacally.

"King K. Rool makes his komeback!"

We'd then see his entrance/idle animation, as well as a large amount of gameplay footage, all set to an absolutely rockin' version of Gangplank Galleon. Special attention goes to him throwing his crown at DK and Diddy on the Gangplank Galleon stage and fighting DK and Little Mac on the Boxing ring stage.

Back to the cinematics, we'd see K. Rool surrounded by DK, Diddy, Bowser, and Little Mac. He'd look around for a moment, before flopping to the floor, seemingly defeated. The other characters move in closer to investigate, but unbeknownst to them, K. Rool slyly pulls out a remote control and presses it. Out of the background, the Blast-O-Matic rises up, and begins charging. K. Rool gets up and activates his propeller pack, using it to fly above the rest. He laughs as he presses the button once more, causing the Blast-O-Matic to shoot a massive beam towards the fighters. We get a quick glimpse of all of them panicking before a massive explosion occurs, all while K. Rool flies crookedly away into the foreground.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
My idea for his trailer would be DK and Diddy running through the jungle, DKR style. The opening would be cinematic and 3D before cutting to what looks like 2.5D gameplay footage of them. They're running through a beautiful jungle coastline, with a sailing ship way in the background.

Suddenly, from the background, the ship fires a cannonball, which smashes into the both of them, sending them flying. The camera does a dramatic zoom onto the ship, where we see a Kritter looking through a telescope. He closes it up, and gives a "we got them" gesture to someone offscreen. The camera pans to reveal that offscreen figure is none other than our great king, who laughs maniacally.

"King K. Rool makes his komeback!"

We'd then see his entrance/idle animation, as well as a large amount of gameplay footage, all set to an absolutely rockin' version of Gangplank Galleon. Special attention goes to him throwing his crown at DK and Diddy on the Gangplank Galleon stage and fighting DK and Little Mac on the Boxing ring stage.

Back to the cinematics, we'd see K. Rool surrounded by DK, Diddy, Bowser, and Little Mac. He'd look around for a moment, before flopping to the floor, seemingly defeated. The other characters move in closer to investigate, but unbeknownst to them, K. Rool slyly pulls out a remote control and presses it. Out of the background, the Blast-O-Matic rises up, and begins charging. K. Rool gets up and activates his propeller pack, using it to fly above the rest. He laughs as he presses the button once more, causing the Blast-O-Matic to shoot a massive beam towards the fighters. We get a quick glimpse of all of them panicking before a massive explosion occurs, all while K. Rool flies crookedly away into the foreground.

Inspirational.

Also a thought: instead of applauding on defeat, King K. Rool should play dead in disappointment.

Top Bottom