• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
I think it's rather hilarious and pathetic that he sources his own poll (Which was from a video trashing K. Rool) and another small one to claim that K. Rool's fanbase is small and vocal. Isn't it just convenient he ignores PushDustin's newest Japan popularity research....

Lol it is really amusing.
It's getting close to the end, and our King is still coming out on top of polls. I think he's just getting really salty that who he wants to be at the top isn't there.

A youtube comment straw poll? Aren't there enough means to gather character popularity data out there already? Especially when we're so close to its conclusion.

This is the legacy of the Smash 4 DLC speculation era. Polls about polls within polls. Write-in, check list, radio button, all kinds. People are more worried about how liked a character is than they are about liking the character.

I wish there were just some unethical way to intercept and read submissions to the official Smash Ballot, because then nothing else would matter. Say, wasn't there a disclaimer that your submission could be posted online? Hopefully Sakurai posts a few and responds to them.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I can not take someone like Etika seriously. I never cared to much for him to begin with, but after that "debate" with K. Rool and Shovel Knight, no thank you.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was just thinking about this today: If K. Rool got so popular that they rushed to develop him, money sacks in their eyes, and added him as a pre ballot choice.
If anything they probably started him even earlier, maybe around the time they came up with the ballot, because they KNEW he'd be so well requested and in fact might've made the ballot because of how highly requested he was prior.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd be stunned if K. Rool was Pre-Ballot DLC. Absolutely stunned. Not in a bad way obviously, in a very good way.

No, I'm pretty sure K. Rool is not Pre-Ballot. I am pretty sure the K. Rool Mii Costume is Pre-Ballot.

I would still like an explanation of that from Sakurai. All will be forgiven if K. Rool is fully playable though.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
You know what'd make the best reveal for me?

They Reveal:
King K. Rool
Wolf
The Fountain of Dreams stage (including a remastered version of the original theme)

All in one direct

(insert the most happiest gif possible)

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So why are people all of a sudden saying the Inklings have a strong chance, and at the same time saying K Rool is deconfirmed by his costume? Makes zero sense.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd be stunned if K. Rool was Pre-Ballot DLC. Absolutely stunned. Not in a bad way obviously, in a very good way.

No, I'm pretty sure K. Rool is not Pre-Ballot. I am pretty sure the K. Rool Mii Costume is Pre-Ballot.

I would still like an explanation of that from Sakurai. All will be forgiven if K. Rool is fully playable though.
Honestly, I could see King K. Rool being a pre-ballot character. I did not support him prior to the launch of the game because I was well aware that his likelihood was fairly non-existent. However, after the ballot was announced, I had no doubts that he would be the most voted for character and therefore, a likely candidate once more. I am pretty sure that most people, right when the ballot opened, knew that King K. Rool would be a front runner. By extension, that includes Sakurai. He probably was not pre-ballot, but it is certainly possible. I would not be surprised AT ALL if he was in development these last 2 or 3 months though.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Are you all seriosuly paying mind to Etika, his 'orgasms' on screen and his opinions of the ballot? Guys, don't pay attention to that, it doesn't decide if K. Rool will make it or not...

That's just a wrong informed spectrum of the ballot community, that's all. I'm sure all of you know better than that...

Besides, if I wanted to see "orgasms", I'll see it somewhere else...:troll:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
So, here's a question Kutthroats, are there any moves you'd like K. Rool to use that you worry might be obscure enough not to make it into his moveset? For me, I want to see his boomerang boxing glove, like a short range krown. Maybe as a tilt you can angle. I also want to see K. Rool use his hop attack from DKC1. Maybe as a forward smash that propels him forward. I also wouldn't mind him using an electrical turret, but only if it fit right, and blended well as a move mechanic.
I dont care what his moveset is. as long as he is in the game, i'm happy :)

Morbi

Scavenger
Are you all seriosuly paying mind to Etika, his 'orgasms' on screen and his opinions of the ballot? Guys, don't pay attention to that, it doesn't decide if K. Rool will make it or not...

That's just a wrong informed spectrum of the ballot community, that's all. I'm sure all of you know better than that...

Besides, if I wanted to see "orgasms", I'll see it somewhere else...:troll:
I have no idea what Etika said; however, you cannot necessarily be "wrongly" informed (ill informed, perhaps). I could be incorrect as I have no context, but you stated that he expressed his opinions on the ballot? Those thoughts cannot be wrong per se, they are just his perceptions. I do agree with your post though, the opinion of one individual should not be enough to bother anyone here and it has nothing to do with the objective reality that King K. Rool has a decent chance.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Why would you care about how he effects the fanbase. Voting stopped mattering months ago. They would've known who the front-runners were in the first few weeks and decided who to go with then. Keeping it open for months was likely just a smokescreen for development time so people weren't expecting anything earlier.

Individual suggestions don't matter either. There's no way an individual suggestion that isn't in Japanese is going to get back to Sakurai and be the basis of his decision. They're probably for looking for general suggestions. For example I complained about the lack of DK rep, in the hope that hundreds of other people did so too. That's the kind of message that may have an impact.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I have no idea what Etika said; however, you cannot necessarily be "wrongly" informed (ill informed, perhaps). I could be incorrect as I have no context, but you stated that he expressed his opinions on the ballot? Those thoughts cannot be wrong per se, they are just his perceptions. I do agree with your post though, the opinion of one individual should not be enough to bother anyone here and it has nothing to do with the objective reality that King K. Rool has a decent chance.
I'll said my opinion more among the lines "Just because you're not noticing a part of the fanbase, in this place K. Rool, means that he has NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER", which is something that I have got from his thoughts and from past comments around in this thread. Again, I agree, not wrong in a way to support other characters, but wrong in the way to overshadow other ones.

I don't mind those kind of thoughts if said with facts, and with respect, but when those are said with negativity and the 'crowd follows with salt messages ala Ridley's situation...' I just ignore them.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Looks fantastic to me! So excited to see the final version :-)
Thanks, man! Really appreciate it.

One thing I might do at the end maybe add the Twitter bird on the page. Does #BringBackKRool associate with anything other than Twitter right now?

D

Deleted member

Who else is waiting for Etika's fake reaction if K. Rool is revealed?
i would be even more disappointed in him then i already am if he does that same annoying mewtwo reaction.
and everyone makes a big deal about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Thanks, man! Really appreciate it.

One thing I might do at the end maybe add the Twitter bird on the page. Does #BringBackKRool associate with anything other than Twitter right now?
Nah, just Twitter at the moment for the hashtag, though we do have a Tumblr titled Bring Back K. Rool as well.

Who else is waiting for Etika's fake reaction if K. Rool is revealed?
If Rool's in, I plan on celebrating too hard to care whatever comes out of that windbag's mouth.

The only thing that worries me are his damn fans. One of them bragged about putting in 300 f***ing Shovel Knight votes in the comments.

D

Deleted member

Nah, just Twitter at the moment for the hashtag, though we do have a Tumblr titled Bring Back K. Rool as well.

If Rool's in, I plan on celebrating too hard to care whatever comes out of that windbag's mouth.

The only thing that worries me are his damn fans. One of them bragged about putting in 300 f***ing Shovel Knight votes in the comments.
how would he do that? Im pretty sure the ballot locks out IPs after 7 votes if i remember correctly.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
how would he do that? Im pretty sure the ballot locks out IPs after 7 votes if i remember correctly.
Assuming he's actually going to do it, he will probably use proxies. Though I don't know how the team will count votes sent with proxies, since they're clearly used in an attempt of cheating the system.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If K. Rool gets in this time, what will become of the Kutthroats?

Will you continue to engage in speculation and support your next most-wanted character?

Or will you walk away and rest kontent with a job well done?

I am going to keep supporting my favourite characters and helping others support theirs. It's what I did when my most-wanted character was revealed for the main game, it's what I will do if my most-wanted is revealed for DLC.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Assuming he's actually going to do it, he will probably use proxies. Though I don't know how the team will count votes sent with proxies, since they're clearly used in an attempt of cheating the system.
I have a feeling that's what that "Why do you want this character?" or whatever thing is for. To guard somewhat against spamming.

If they see X character votes with the exact same blurbs surely that would raise an eyebrow.
At least that is what I'm hoping for.

Edit:
If K. Rool gets in this time, what will become of the Kutthroats?

Will you continue to engage in speculation and support your next most-wanted character?

Or will you walk away and rest kontent with a job well done?

I am going to keep supporting my favourite characters and helping others support theirs. It's what I did when my most-wanted character was revealed for the main game, it's what I will do if my most-wanted is revealed for DLC.
I'll stick around for a while at least. You're all like a mad family I'm glad to be a part of.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Speaking of pre-Ballot DLC, I decided to look at the DLC Mii character costumes we got so far and see whether or not they were heavily requested enough in the ballot to remotely be argued as "consolation prizes"
  • Flying Man: Barely anyone wanted a Flying Man as DLC during the ballot speculation period. Cannot be consolation prizes
  • Chrom: His support has massively dropped by the time the ballot started. I doubt "consolation prizes" has anything to do with it.
  • Black Knight: Barely anyone wanted him at any point during Smash 4 speculation period up until now. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Lloyd: He stopped having a notable amount of requests by the time Pac-Man was confirmed. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Samus: Cannot qualify as a consolation prize for the obvious reason that Samus is already playable.
  • K.K. Slider: Barely anyone voted for him during the ballot speculation period. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Isabelle: Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support even if she is extremely popular when not talking about the context of Smash due to the fact people only interpret a Mii costume as a consolation prize due to high demand in the ballot which she never had as far as anyone knows.
  • Heihachi: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Akira: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Jacky: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Zero: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • MegaMan.EXE: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Inklings: One of the few Mii costumes characters that we know have been heavily requested in the ballot.
  • Link: Same deal as Samus.
  • MegaMan X: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • ProtoMan: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Dunban: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • K. Rool: One of the few Mii costumes characters that we know have been heavily requested in the ballot.
In short, using the consolation prize argument, this means that only K. Rool and the Inklings could remotely be argued as that due to ballot support. However, they are outnumbered by characters that could never have been in as "consolation prizes" due to the ballot because of either already being in the game as playable or otherwise (in that case, already receiving a much more appropriate "consolation prize to begin with) and/or lack of ballot support. That said, does it mean that K. Rool and the Inklings cannot be consolation prizes? Not definetly. Is it guaranteed? Hardly.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
  • ProtoMan: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
If this counts at all, back before all the alts and palettes were revealed for Sm4sh, there were a lot of people who were hoping for a Protoman alt for Mega Man. Which reminds me of how disappointed I was when there was no Mrs. Pac Man alt for Pac Man. How they did not think to do that boggles my mind.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Etika is a questionable figure, so I wouldn't take anything he says into account if I were any of you.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
If this counts at all, back before all the alts and palettes were revealed for Sm4sh, there were a lot of people who were hoping for a Protoman alt for Mega Man. Which reminds me of how disappointed I was when there was no Mrs. Pac Man alt for Pac Man. How they did not think to do that boggles my mind.
Man, so many missed opportunities for costumes, and instead we get Dork Pit and the Copyrincess as full characters with that dev time.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Etika is a questionable figure, so I wouldn't take anything he says into account if I were any of you.
Dont worry, I doubt anyone here will. Etika is a hype channel, not a channel that involves rational thinking in most of his speculation videos. He has gotten popular only because of his reactions and his comment section being filled to the brim with memes. Although he can be entertaining sometimes, he can't be taken seriously at all (in most of our eyes, at least). And if he only uses his own poll and one other poll to prove his point, both polls probably involving only 1 dedicated community of fans,then the results will inevitably be skewed. He didn't even use Pushdustin's poll of Japan's results (where K Rool was #1),which had at least a couple of months of research put into it (But if he did refer to that poll, he would be going against his own point of "See guys K Rool isn't popular at all!"). And by now,with only a few days left in the ballot, theres no way the opinion of some popular guy on YouTube will sway the results at all. Were just getting more of that hate that the most popular character will always be getting :). And maybe his video was b8 to get views of Kutthroats so he could get more $ from increasing views, or to rustle some K Rool fan jimmies and get attention? Just an idea of mine

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Speaking of pre-Ballot DLC, I decided to look at the DLC Mii character costumes we got so far and see whether or not they were heavily requested enough in the ballot to remotely be argued as "consolation prizes"
  • Flying Man: Barely anyone wanted a Flying Man as DLC during the ballot speculation period. Cannot be consolation prizes
  • Chrom: His support has massively dropped by the time the ballot started. I doubt "consolation prizes" has anything to do with it.
  • Black Knight: Barely anyone wanted him at any point during Smash 4 speculation period up until now. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Lloyd: He stopped having a notable amount of requests by the time Pac-Man was confirmed. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Samus: Cannot qualify as a consolation prize for the obvious reason that Samus is already playable.
  • K.K. Slider: Barely anyone voted for him during the ballot speculation period. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Isabelle: Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support even if she is extremely popular when not talking about the context of Smash due to the fact people only interpret a Mii costume as a consolation prize due to high demand in the ballot which she never had as far as anyone knows.
  • Heihachi: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Akira: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Jacky: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Zero: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • MegaMan.EXE: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Inklings: One of the few Mii costumes characters that we know have been heavily requested in the ballot.
  • Link: Same deal as Samus.
  • MegaMan X: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • Dunban: Barely anyone wanted him in at any point in Smash 4 speculation. Cannot qualify as a consolation prize due to lack of popularity in terms of ballot support.
  • K. Rool: One of the few Mii costumes characters that we know have been heavily requested in the ballot.
In short, using the consolation prize argument, this means that only K. Rool and the Inklings could remotely be argued as that due to ballot support. However, they are outnumbered by characters that could never have been in as "consolation prizes" due to the ballot because of either already being in the game as playable or otherwise (in that case, already receiving a much more appropriate "consolation prize to begin with) and/or lack of ballot support. That said, does it mean that K. Rool and the Inklings cannot be consolation prizes? Not definetly. Is it guaranteed? Hardly.
There is alot of wrong to this list.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Exactly what?
Most of these characters were pre-ballot, including the Inklings, therefore, they couldn't have had an influence until up to wave three. Also, Chrom and Flying Man do have their own respective fanbases.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Most of these characters were pre-ballot, including the Inklings, therefore, they couldn't have had an influence until up to wave three. Also, Chrom and Flying Man do have their own respective fanbases.
Every character has their own respective fanbase. Don't single out Flying Man and Chrom.

We don't know that K. Rool wasn't designed pre-ballot, just that he was revealed during the ballot, so the statement doesn't hold water.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Every character has their own respective fanbase. Don't single out Flying Man and Chrom.

We don't know that K. Rool wasn't designed pre-ballot, just that he was revealed during the ballot, so the statement doesn't hold water.
I know that, I was just using FM and Chrom as examples. K. Rool was most likely designed during the Ballot, as costumes are easy to make and his popularity definitely peaked during then. It would be very coincidential.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I know that, I was just using FM and Chrom as examples. K. Rool was most likely designed during the Ballot, as costumes are easy to make and his popularity definitely peaked during then. It would be very coincidential.
Most likely =/= de jure fact.

I get what you're trying to do and I respect that, but don't forget that K. Rool was popular prior to the ballot even existed. He's been popular since Melee. The ballot's just made it vocal.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Most likely =/= de jure fact.

I get what you're trying to do and I respect that, but don't forget that K. Rool was popular prior to the ballot even existed. He's been popular since Melee. The ballot's just made it vocal.
That is true. Hm... I don't know, for some reason the odds just feel, against it. Somehow. I can't say why.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I get that every character that was made as a costume has fans, but for most of them they're very few. Right now, Chrom has only those few loyal fans that didn't jump off the Gematsu bandwagon when it crashed, and they're basically forced to hide, like Ridley's fans, since their character has become object of ridicule. I don't think I've ever seen someone actively supporting Flying Man. Even those who want another Mother character would rather have Ninten or Porky. If you think they can be compared to K. Rool, then you have no idea about how huge the support for him is.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I get that every character that was made as a costume has fans, but for most of them they're very few. Right now, Chrom has only those few loyal fans that didn't jump off the Gematsu bandwagon when it crashed, and they're basically forced to hide, like Ridley's fans, since their character has become object of ridicule. I don't think I've ever seen someone actively supporting Flying Man. Even those who want another Mother character would rather have Ninten or Porky. If you think they can be compared to K. Rool, then you have no idea about how huge the support for him is.
There was a video from the YouTube use JWitz saying how it may be interesting to see a full fledged Flying Man as a playable character. But I definely think that the support for Lloyd is bigger than FM, not as big as the King of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom