• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Apparently Source Gaming predicts Layton, Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong and Arle Nadja as the Ballot Winners.

YOU'VE ALL BEEN VOTING, NOW HERE'S YOUR WINNER: YOUR FAVORITE. . .ARLE NADJA!!!!!!

Did he actually say that or was that just what that one guy in the roster thread claimed he said?

Yo, BKupa666 BKupa666 !

Does that look OK for the hashtag? Just checking before flatten the layers.
(Also, a gander at my finished DKC armaments.)
Looks fantastic to me! So excited to see the final version :-)

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Push's current predictions is that Wolf and Shovel Knight are Pre-Ballot. If that's the case, I will feel a LOT better about Shovel Knight if he got in without the Ballot, because it was likely decided on well in advance and they didn't try to pass it off as a Ballot vote, because his non existent Japanese support.
Shovel Knight being pre-ballot would actually contradicts Tama's source as he said he would be a ballot choice (or at least, chosen from the ballot), so unless something was said earlier and the source changed his tune that can't be the case.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

YOU'VE ALL BEEN VOTING, NOW HERE'S YOUR WINNER: YOUR FAVORITE. . .ARLE NADJA!!!!!!

Did he actually say that or was that just what that one guy in the roster thread claimed he said?

Looks fantastic to me! So excited to see the final version :-)
NintenZ NintenZ said that was Source Gaming's predictions. Could you come clarify that for us Ninten?

also Arcanir Arcanir according to Ninten's list, SK is listed as Pre-Ballot. So yeah, someone must have changed their tune.

Calling PushDustIn PushDustIn for clarification.

This list seems more than ridiculous if you ask me. (Not that I have anything agaisn't those character)
I agree. Bandana (Waddle) Dee is the only one of the list who makes sense to me. Well, Dixie otherwise makes sense, but her getting in over K. Rool would be weird after all the attention K. Rool has gained recently (I still see her as fifth most likely character, after the four characters I'm predicting). However, Layton and especially Arle Nadja don't make sense imo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Shovel Knight almost definitely would be pre-ballot if he got in, IMO. If there is a limited number of development time for ballot characters, why on earth would you throw a big chunk away on a character guaranteed to sell less, if at all, in one region than characters that are demonstratively popular in all regions? This is not the main game, this is a time where characters have to sell on their own, so that would be a horrible money-making move if your alternative is getting someone like K. Rool or Inkling in the mix.

On the other hand, if it's some behind-the-scenes business thing independent of the ballot, like some "reward" for Yacht Club's work or whatever, Shovel Knight makes a lot more sense. Heck, I still think there may have been reasons like that behind Ryu's inclusion with Capcom, even though you see people trying to say "heh heh he placed like 30th on a fan poll but was added anyway therefore all your fan polls are wrong and K. Rool is overrated/not as popular as [insert character here]."

The implications where K. Rool is involved are that, if everything before Sept. 30 is pre-ballot, we're quite possibly off the hook where the costume is concerned. It being a lone "consolation prize" makes little sense if everything else was pre-planned.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

This list seems more than ridiculous if you ask me. (Not that I have anything agaisn't those character)
She's the protagonist of Madou Monogatari and Puyo Puyo, but she's rarely seen in the West. On September 10th of this year they announced that they were replacing her as the Puyo Puyo mascot with a character from an anime called "Love Live!", though it's unknown whether that's a temporary or permanent change.

Heck, I still think there may have been reasons like that behind Ryu's inclusion with Capcom, even though you see people trying to say "heh heh he placed like 30th on a fan poll but was added anyway therefore all your fan polls are wrong and K. Rool is overrated/not as popular as [insert character here]."
My guess is that it may be a condition Capcom has for licensing out Mega Man. Many recent product and merchandise deals seem to have turned out similarly in recent years - wherever Mega Man turns up, Ryu always seems to follow shortly afterward.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
She's the protagonist of Madou Monogatari and Puyo Puyo
Two game that I never heard about. I think that here is little to no chance that a character that is as unknow as her (yes, I'm taking my point of view as a fact) is a ballot character. Sorry if your a fan of her, but I just don't see her happening.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think that's just a list that Nintenzilla made because he was bored, he used some SG polls and information for that, those are not Source Gaming's choices.

It's a pretty bad list IMO.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Two game that I never heard about. I think that here is little to no chance that a character that is as unknow as her (yes, I'm taking my point of view as a fact) is a ballot character. Sorry if your a fan of her, but I just don't see her happening.
You may well know the mid-1990s localised versions of Puyo Puyo better. Kirby's Ghost Trap (Kirby's Avalanche in North America), Dr. Robotnik's Mean Machine, and Timon & Pumbaa's Bug Drop are all licensed versions of Puyo Puyo, but with Arle & co. removed.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
You may well know the mid-1990s localised versions of Puyo Puyo better. Kirby's Ghost Trap (Kirby's Avalanche in North America), Dr. Robotnik's Mean Machine, and Timon & Pumbaa's Bug Drop are all licensed versions of Puyo Puyo, but with Arle & co. removed.
I knew those game existed, but I never really played them. Thanks for the info anyway.:)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
NintenZ NintenZ said that was Source Gaming's predictions. Could you come clarify that for us Ninten?

also Arcanir Arcanir according to Ninten's list, SK is listed as Pre-Ballot. So yeah, someone must have changed their tune.

Yes, it was Push's predictions, which I then edited down for him, but one question remains, did you have to tell the K. Rool thread? :(
I think that's just a list that Nintenzilla made because he was bored, he used some SG polls and information for that, those are not Source Gaming's choices.

It's a pretty bad list IMO.
Actually, no, that's not true.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just five more days until the update. I wonder if we'll get anything other than the Mario Maker Stage?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just five more days until the update. I wonder if we'll get anything other than the Mario Maker Stage?
If the website's any indication, we might be getting another stage (since the Mario Maker stage is listed as "stage_5", when the others on the page are 1, 2, and 3), and I could see them adding Mii costumes to pad out the update.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
here's a few thoughts that are almost completely unrelated to each other

Thinking about it, I will be absolutely astounded if Wolf isn't pre-ballot considering how similar his situation was to that of Lucas when DLC became a thing. They both have trophies, they were both in Brawl, they've both had their movesets pawned off on similar characters as customs... I really do think it would be doing the character and the fans an injustice to not include him. With Star Fox Zero coming out early next year, I can see him being added sometime between then and now to keep hype levels going.

Also, I see @bellboy64 's piece is coming along excellently! Super impressed by what we've seen so far, the final product's going to be amazing.

Fairly certain we're getting something along with Mario Maker's stage. What, exactly, I have no clue. A character at the most, a couple Mii costumes at least. That's how I see it, anyway.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

If it's not from my mouth directly (using quotes) then don't assume I said it. What I said has been extremely simplified.

Here's what I said:

If Layton and Shovel Knight is in...
Then regional third party representation might be a thing and that would mean Japan would get a rep. That's a big IF though.

I should remind that it's only a guess. I don't have insider information, I'm just guessing so Im probably wrong.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/21/sept30pred/

I also talked how I might be wrong about the 2 Mario slots be for post ballot content if 2/3 stages are being used for September 30th. In either cases I see Inklings as highly likely. Wolf may have a shot if it's still Pre ballot.

I posted my predictions (along with the other Source Gaming writers as we all have a different take).

Also I haven't changed my tune about SK being a post ballot character. At least I don't think Ive ever posted that. According to the rumor, SK is post ballot.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Say, I got a thought, I know we've talked about taglines, well I got a thought, what if at the end of the month, K.Rool is revealed as the first Ballot character, and his tagline is:
Krocs the Vote!
In honor of his mass support who have been working together hard to back him. Just my thought
Little late to this, but this would be my reaction:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If Layton and Shovel Knight is in...
Then regional third party representation might be a thing and that would mean Japan would get a rep. That's a big IF though.
If that were so, Japan's rep would be Layton, though - he's from a Japanese company. Please pardon me if I'm misunderstanding your post, here, though! :)

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Croc fact of the day #5: the hard plates on a crocodilian's back are called osteoderms, and they're basically solid bone covered by some skin. Sort of a chain mail type answer to the turtles' tin can model. African dwarf crocodiles actually have so many and such thick osteoderms that it's nigh impossible to make leather out of them even if they weren't the exciting color of coal and really small, so they're doing great as far as conservation is concerned (other, more vividly pattered guys, like Cubans or Orinocos, aren't so lucky). Saltwater crocs, on the other hand, have ditched some of the more expendable osteoderms on their neck to make archipelagic travel easier, and they're big enough to get away with it.
On top of all that other neat stuff, crocodilian osteoderms are super duper vascularized, allowing them to heat up more quickly, and they help fight blood acidification (the longer they spend underwater, the more carbon dioxide builds up, which lowers their blood pH) by releasing alkaline ions into the bloodstream.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If that were so, Japan's rep would be Layton, though - he's from a Japanese company. Please pardon me if I'm misunderstanding your post, here, though! :)
Actually I believe that Layton would be Europe's rep, he's popular in particular there from what I know. :)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Actually I believe that Layton would be Europe's rep, he's popular in particular there from what I know. :)
Yes, he is. But I thought that the idea was the representation of regional third-party companies?

Croc fact of the day #5: the hard plates on a crocodilian's back are called osteoderms, and they're basically solid bone covered by some skin. Sort of a chain mail type answer to the turtles' tin can model. African dwarf crocodiles actually have so many and such thick osteoderms that it's nigh impossible to make leather out of them even if they weren't the exciting color of coal and really small, so they're doing great as far as conservation is concerned (other, more vividly pattered guys, like Cubans or Orinocos, aren't so lucky). Saltwater crocs, on the other hand, have ditched some of the more expendable osteoderms on their neck to make archipelagic travel easier, and they're big enough to get away with it.
On top of all that other neat stuff, crocodilian osteoderms are super duper vascularized, allowing them to heat up more quickly, and they help fight blood acidification (the longer they spend underwater, the more carbon dioxide builds up, which lowers their blood pH) by releasing alkaline ions into the bloodstream.
Please please keep these up until the very end, TropicalBreeze TropicalBreeze - these crocodilian fact posts have quickly become one of my favourite parts about the ballot's closing period. :grin:

No. NO. I live in Europe and I would be very disappointed if Europe got a rep and it would be Layton of all characters.

(No, Layton isn't my least favorite third-party, but I still don't like the idea)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wow, very interesting fact. Well, that's going on my log.

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
will you win the ballot when the voting is over next week king k.rool?
King K.Rool: do not fear my fellow kremling for i will try to pull through the Ballot somehow and win but if sakurai
doesn't pick me i will take his cat and sing ''Lookie here, lookie here, look at what I've got! Don't think I won't let little Kitty drop!''

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
will you win the ballot when the voting is over next week king k.rool?
King K.Rool: do not fear my fellow kremling for i will try to pull through the Ballot somehow and win but if sakurai
doesn't pick me i will take his cat and sing ''Lookie here, lookie here, look at what I've got! Don't think I won't let little Kitty drop!''
As a cat, this offends me.

But it's brilliant and I'm okay with it, meow~

I want the ballot to finish so we can move on.

It's become a millstone 'round our necks.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
As a cat, this offends me.

But it's brilliant and I'm okay with it, meow~

I want the ballot to finish so we can move on.

It's become a millstone 'round our necks.
Yeah, this is starting to remind me of some certain other kinds of millstones.

LIKE THESE ONES!

I've been watching too much JonTron lately

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Although I do wonder, if K. Rool doesn't get in through DLC, what does that mean for his chances in later games. Same thing, I suppose, can be also asked for Ridley.

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool has been acknowledged by Retro Studios and Nintendo themselves. They know he is popular and even if he doesn't get in Smash Bros. his chances for appearing later on are pretty high.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Although I do wonder, if K. Rool doesn't get in through DLC, what does that mean for his chances in later games. Same thing, I suppose, can be also asked for Ridley.
If he returns to the DKC series, there's no reason not to consider him in future.

The only reason I can see Sakurai shrugging off K. Rool this time is due to some misplaced fear that, since he didn't appear in Returns or Tropical Freeze, he's never coming back and is therefore redundant.

I trust Sakurai is cleverer than that, but even so, it is a rational concern on the Kutthroats' part. If that wasn't an issue, then the only thing that'd keep him out is director bias.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm in the mood for some crocodile DLC, Sakurai.

And make it snappy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If he returns to the DKC series, there's no reason not to consider him in future.

The only reason I can see Sakurai shrugging off K. Rool this time is due to some misplaced fear that, since he didn't appear in Returns or Tropical Freeze, he's never coming back and is therefore redundant.

I trust Sakurai is cleverer than that, but even so, it is a rational concern on the Kutthroats' part. If that wasn't an issue, then the only thing that'd keep him out is director bias.
That shouldn't be an issue, because Sakurai isn't going to be making these decisions independently, without consulting anyone else from Nintendo at all. They'd be positively foolish to not give K. Rool a future after his massive success with the ballot, so there's no way he'd go to them and receive the answer that he's never coming back. Therefore, it's only developer bias that would keep him out.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That shouldn't be an issue, because Sakurai isn't going to be making these decisions independently, without consulting anyone else from Nintendo at all. They'd be positively foolish to not give K. Rool a future after his massive success with the ballot, so there's no way he'd go to them and receive the answer that he's never coming back. Therefore, it's only developer bias that would keep him out.
Not to mention they own the TM to his name, so I think that he'll be in Smash eventually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom