• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Although I do wonder, if K. Rool doesn't get in through DLC, what does that mean for his chances in later games. Same thing, I suppose, can be also asked for Ridley.
If King K. Rool somehow doesn't get into Smash 4, he will be in Smash 5. Since they are using the ballot for characters in future games. That's if we're getting a Smash 5

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If King K. Rool somehow doesn't get into Smash 4, he will be in Smash 5. Since they are using the ballot for characters in future games. That's if we're getting a Smash 5
Actually, speaking of Ridley, has anyone thought that K. Rool's weight may be a factor against him? In other words, weighing him down?

There will be a smash 5. The game sells too many copies and systems not to exist. Now it's probably selling a lot of DLC too.
Actually, speaking of Ridley, has anyone thought that K. Rool's weight may be a factor against him? In other words, weighing him down?
No. Ridley's (claimed) issue is his size. There is no logical reason for the weight of a character to exclude them. Especially a character able to jump so high and keep himself aloft with that little backpack.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There will be a smash 5. The game sells too many copies and systems not to exist. Now it's probably selling a lot of DLC too.

No. Ridley's (claimed) issue is his size. There is no logical reason for the weight of a character to exclude them. Especially a character able to jump so high and keep himself aloft with that little backpack.
I know the specifics of Ridley's issue, I was just saying that it could be possible K. Rool could have a similar case to Ridley, but in a different area.

I know the specifics of Ridley's issue, I was just saying that it could be possible K. Rool could have a similar case to Ridley, but in a different area.
There is no logical reason for the weight of a character to exclude them. Especially a character able to jump so high and keep himself aloft with that little backpack.
did you not read the whole post?

there is no logical reason for a character to be "too heavy." Let's not forget Mewtwo and Rosalina **** with their own weight just because Sakurai said "Why the hell not?"

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
did you not read the whole post?

there is no logical reason for a character to be "too heavy." Let's not forget Mewtwo and Rosalina **** with their own weight just because Sakurai said "Why the hell not?"
Don't worry, I read the whole post, I was just rephrasing what I said before is all. Actually, Mewtwo is light because of the use of his Psychic abilities, so It's as if he's flying, Rosetta uses an anti-gravity affect that allows her to have a lighter weight. That's what Sakurai did with their weights. But the thing the boggles me is imagining K. Rool with a double jump. I know his recovery, but what about his ability to do a double jump? Seriously, could someone fill me in on this?

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Here's another little thing I scribbled up in a couple hours. Inspired by my recent obsession with Monster Hunter as well as K. Rool...it's a monster from Monster Hunter wearing K. Rool's outfit. I don't know where I get these ideas man

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually, does anyone know how K. Rool could double jump? I'm very curious to know.

His flap from DKC3, of course, whenever he gets hit.
I've always thought of that as more of a helpless free-fall after using his up-special.

Not sure how I picture his midair jump, but I think it would be funny if K. Rool, despite being so rotund, had graceful and acrobatic air maneuvers.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Don't worry, I read the whole post, I was just rephrasing what I said before is all. Actually, Mewtwo is light because of the use of his Psychic abilities, so It's as if he's flying, Rosetta uses an anti-gravity affect that allows her to have a lighter weight. That's what Sakurai did with their weights. But the thing the boggles me is imagining K. Rool with a double jump. I know his recovery, but what about his ability to do a double jump? Seriously, could someone fill me in on this?
Very few characters in Smash could even double jump in their original games.

This is a non-issue.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Very few characters in Smash could even double jump in their original games.

This is a non-issue.
There's a difference in terms of weight I be live. But now I know it's possible, so It's fine.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
There's a difference in terms of weight I be live.
Again, non-issue.

The idea that "weight" would be an issue is entirely arbitrary. It's just a statistical value that Smash can toy with at will. There's absolutely no logical reason why a character's fictional weight would be even remotely taken into consideration when the character is brought up as a potential Smash character.

Or, if you want to look at it from a different perspective, we already have Bowser playable, who's not only one of the largest characters in the game, but also wears a massive shell. Can't get much heavier than that.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Again, non-issue.

The idea that "weight" would be an issue is entirely arbitrary. It's just a statistical value that Smash can toy with at will. There's absolutely no logical reason why a character's fictional weight would be even remotely taken into consideration when the character is brought up as a potential Smash character.

Or, if you want to look at it from a different perspective, we already have Bowser playable, who's not only one of the largest characters in the game, but also wears a massive shell. Can't get much heavier than that.
True, true, true. Well, I guess weight isn't a problem then.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So the best reason I found for why Sakurai would for whatever reason reject K. Rool, was because of relevancy issues. That is all.

So the best reason I found for why Sakurai would for whatever reason reject K. Rool, was because of relevancy issues. That is all.
Reminder that Relevancy != Recency

but change the words and that is pretty much the only possible negative K rool has. Popularity, franchise importance, uniqueness in moveset, and uniqueness in visuals are all checked off. Except for Sakurai's approval. He doesnt have that one. yet

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Reminder that Relevancy != Recency

but change the words and that is pretty much the only possible negative K rool has. Popularity, franchise importance, uniqueness in moveset, and uniqueness in visuals are all checked off. Except for Sakurai's approval. He doesnt have that one. yet
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I'm unsure about the fate of K. Rool to be honest, but I'll be happy to stay if that's okay with everyone.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, here's a question Kutthroats, are there any moves you'd like K. Rool to use that you worry might be obscure enough not to make it into his moveset? For me, I want to see his boomerang boxing glove, like a short range krown. Maybe as a tilt you can angle. I also want to see K. Rool use his hop attack from DKC1. Maybe as a forward smash that propels him forward. I also wouldn't mind him using an electrical turret, but only if it fit right, and blended well as a move mechanic.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, here's a question Kutthroats, are there any moves you'd like K. Rool to use that you think are obscure enough not to make it into his moveset? For me, I want to see his boomerang boxing glove, like a short range krown. Maybe as a tilt you can angle. I also want to see K. Rool use his hop attack from DKC1. Maybe as a forward smash that propels him forward. I also wouldn't mind him using an electrical turret, but only if it fit right, and blended well as a move mechanic.
Maybe he could use a baseball bat as a reference to his last appearance.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I just want to hear David Wise's new remix of Gangplank Galleon (assuming that's the Nintendo project he's working on) as King K. Rool makes his epic debut as DLC while kicking everyone's butt on his famous pirate ship known as well, Gangplank Galleon, which would also be shown off as a new DLC stage. Dong would expand so much.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I just want to hear David Wise's new remix of Gangplank Galleon (assuming that's the Nintendo project he's working on) as King K. Rool makes his epic debut as DLC while kicking everyone's butt on his famous pirate ship known as well, Gangplank Galleon, which would also be shown off as a new DLC stage. Dong would expand so much.
I could see K. Rool pulling a Bowser Jr. type pf trailer, where he starts with Gangplank Galleon as his background music, then it switches to Crocodile Cacophony towards the end where you get to see some of the really cool combo stuff he can do.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I could see K. Rool pulling a Bowser Jr. type pf trailer, where he starts with Gangplank Galleon as his background music, then it switches to Crocodile Cacophony towards the end where you get to see some of the really cool combo stuff he can do.
Nah, does'nt sound as epic though Croc Cacaphony is still a good K. Rool boss theme too. The trailer has to reflect on how much effort we kutthroats put in to making him dlc.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
If it's not from my mouth directly (using quotes) then don't assume I said it. What I said has been extremely simplified.

Here's what I said:

If Layton and Shovel Knight is in...
Then regional third party representation might be a thing and that would mean Japan would get a rep. That's a big IF though.

I should remind that it's only a guess. I don't have insider information, I'm just guessing so Im probably wrong.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/21/sept30pred/

I also talked how I might be wrong about the 2 Mario slots be for post ballot content if 2/3 stages are being used for September 30th. In either cases I see Inklings as highly likely. Wolf may have a shot if it's still Pre ballot.

I posted my predictions (along with the other Source Gaming writers as we all have a different take).

Also I haven't changed my tune about SK being a post ballot character. At least I don't think Ive ever posted that. According to the rumor, SK is post ballot.
Apologies, I was simply confused and I wanted a bit of clarification. Thank you for clearing it up.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Whatever Etika said won't matter anyway since there's only 8 days until the ballot closes. I doubt he'd sour enough people on K. Rool or their fans enough to completely mitigate them within that small a timeframe.

We Rool, after all.

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Did you guys Freak out over Etika being against you guys in his newest video again?
I don't watch Etika. I watched his videos for a while then got bored. He has the "do anything popular and scream a lot until it gets annoying" Youtuber mentality. Also, he supported Ridley for months with the stupid shadow conspiracy theory. Which makes it all the more funny when he **** on K. Rool because "we don't need another heavyweight", when Ridley would have probably been one. Ridley supporters have had quite a bit in common with us in terms of struggles, so it confuses me how he doesn't like us. I guess its because Shovel Knight is trendy right now.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I think it's rather hilarious and pathetic that he sources his own poll (Which was from a video trashing K. Rool) and another small one to claim that K. Rool's fanbase is small and vocal. Isn't it just convenient he ignores PushDustin's newest Japan popularity research....

Lol it is really amusing.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Hard to find out what Etika says if I dont see his videos in the first place. But lets say that I have plans (of the drawing kind) for him if K. Rool wins the Ballot :troll:.

I once described Etika to my brother as "Some guy with silly hair reads the gaming newspaper out loud".

Last edited:
Top Bottom