• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if Lanky was in, I'd be really happy. After K. Rool, of course.

DK64 was my first (and only, don't kill me) DK game. When I first played it, I didn't think much of Lanky; he was the weird clownish character so I preferred to use Tiny or Diddy. But since I've been in this community, I recently picked up DK64 again, and I forgot how much fun it was. Especially the sound Lanky makes when he does the high jump.

Also, I loathe Tiny's new design.

Now, for my two cents into the clone argument rehash - if you don't care, skip the rest of the post:
I do not like the clones. Usually, I only accept a clone if I like the clone more than the parent character, so Ganondorf was it, and even now he's getting irritating since Hyrule Warriors showed us what could have been. I'd have preferred they be cut. Smash is a game of quality over quantity, and I don't think inflating the roster by three makes it better.
I accept that those three didn't prevent Ridley or K.Rool. The thing I don't accept is the argument that they took only 5 seconds of dev time and we got a free gift. Case in point: What I'd rather have had them do with the dev time that was Dark Pit
  • Instead of giving Dark Pit a unique crowd chant, I'd have given one to Toon Link. TL (and by extention, Link himself) are now the only characters in Smash history to share a crowd chant
  • Instead of giving Dark Pit three unique victory poses, I'd have rechecked animations to fix problems like Link's item-raising anim. When Link raises a special flag, he clips his entire face through his arm, which is really sloppy. This from one of the only characters who's parent game involves him holding up items habitually.
  • Instead of giving Dark Pit a unique victory theme, I'd have given one to Ganondorf. Meta Knight, and now Bowser each have rock remixes of their home themes to show their dark sides. Ganondorf stands out since he doesn't.
  • Instead of giving Dark Pit unique recolors, I'd have made sure to make a shiny recolor for Lucario and Charizard. There is really no excuse for not including that.
In each case, the replacement is pretty much taking the same dev time. I'm not saying that I want Ridley, K.Rool, and Wolf instead of the clone brigade (I do, but that's not the argument), but I recognize that they take time to do. After all, Robin's Palutena codec is pretty insulting to Chrom fans considering the addition of Dark Pit in the first place.
I don't care about Chrom that much, but the Palutena's Guidance w/Robin was pretty insulting to Chrom fans. They completely acknowledged the fact that clones were somewhat pointless and mock Chrom at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydaJNXdNTAA Please. A moment of silence for our Snake supporting friends.

I'm seriously starting to think that Konami won't last long after that decision....

(BTW, what does "AAA games" mean, and does this include Bomberman as well?)
I thought it means 3rd Party games. Sadly, yes Bomberman included.:sadeyes:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm seriously starting to think that Konami won't last long after that decision....

Yep... Well You might be able to have Bomberman on your phone, but I assume something like the Xbox 36o version of it would be too much for Konami. This saddens me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hello, Kutthroats. Can I be a Kutthroat, please? I'm just supporting everyone I want to see in Smash before the threads close down. I also support King K. Rool and Dixie Kong together, so whichever gets in is OK in my book.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hello, Kutthroats. Can I be a Kutthroat, please? I'm just supporting everyone I want to see in Smash before the threads close down. I also support King K. Rool and Dixie Kong together, so whichever gets in is OK in my book.
Sure you can! Welcome aboard, Kutthroat! :grin:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman

AAA games are the games that are notorious for their quality and have an high production budget. To put it in a more clear perspective, it would be like Nintendo stopped doing Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Smash Bros, Metroid and many more for consoles, just releasing cheap titles for smarthpones.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I definitely would.
I would too.
They should just do an entire smash bros game dedicated to K.Rool
SUPER SMASH B.ROOTHERS
Roster
KING K ROOL
KAPTAIN K ROOL
BAROON K. ROOLESTEIN
BOXER K.ROOL
SNOW MAD ROOL
TIKI K.ROOL
KING K. TOOL
COUNT K. RACOOLA
KING K. ROY
DAR K. ROOL
CH.ROOLM
DR. ROOL
K. ROOL MAN
BANDANNA K. ROOL
WAK.ROOL
NEON K.ROOL
K.ROOL ON A BUS
K.ROOL WITH A STAND
Still no Dixie
PAPER K.ROOL
TOON K.ROOL
HYPER REALISTIC K.ROOL
and so on and so on.
You forgot Sheriff K. Rool.

Pakky

Smash Hero
They should just do an entire smash bros game dedicated to K.Rool
SUPER SMASH B.ROOTHERS
Roster
KING K ROOL
KAPTAIN K ROOL
BAROON K. ROOLESTEIN
BOXER K.ROOL
SNOW MAD ROOL
TIKI K.ROOL
KING K. TOOL
COUNT K. RACOOLA
KING K. ROY
DAR K. ROOL
CH.ROOLM
DR. ROOL
K. ROOL MAN
BANDANNA K. ROOL
WAK.ROOL
NEON K.ROOL
K.ROOL ON A BUS
K.ROOL WITH A STAND
Still no Dixie
PAPER K.ROOL
TOON K.ROOL
HYPER REALISTIC K.ROOL
and so on and so on.
All the bananas in my house are gone, it must be the work of an enemy stand! Curse you King K Rool!

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I am seriously starting to wonder if the entirety of the directors and executives in Konami have lost their sanity simultaneously. Goodbye, Bomberman. You were one of the most faithful parts of my childhood.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I am seriously starting to wonder if the entirety of the directors and executives in Konami have lost their sanity simultaneously. Goodbye, Bomberman. You were one of the most faithful parts of my childhood.
It's not insanity, it's just that that they saw dollar signs in their eyes due to the mobile phone shovelware market. I'm quite sure that they'll reap what they sow in that regard, but the fact remains that they do have other business ventures to fall back on anyway, so the only people losing out are folks who want to buy their games. (I was looking forward to Bomberman 3DS, myself, until they bought out Hudson and killed off all of their IPs.)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Can I share something arty that's not King K rool related?
By all means! Can't really hurt. We really aren't in super campaign mode anyway and were all just winding down waiting for the ball to drop.

Also that SUCKS about Konami, man. I feel bad for the fans of those games.

Also for Hudson IPs too. I wish Nintendo would take over Hudson but *shrug*.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I saw the bad news about Konami, while I don't think Snake is completely eliminated (Maybe that's just the Snake supporter side of me talking) , I do think he has much less of a chance now. While that may be good for K. Rool in Smash, it's pretty sad for Snake/ Metal Gear fans and the industry as a whole for pretty much loosing what has been such a major influence for the past 30+ years.

Also for Hudson IPs too. I wish Nintendo would take over Hudson but *shrug*.
Well, that's the trouble, Konami did. :c
And unfortunately, Konami isn't necessarily in bad shape financially, so it will be a while before we will see any of Hudson's or Konami's games again in Non-Pachinko form. But maybe one day, when Konami truly gives up the ghost, Hudson and Konami IPs like Bomber Man, Metal Gear, Castlevania, Contra and others will be given a proper home again, be it Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft or who ever will take proper care of these games (But I don't see that happening for a while).

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Well sad day for konami

On the bright side that helps the king again

That gets snake out of the way.
To be completely honest I don't think Snake had much of a chance to begin with. I don't have anything against him or his supporters, I kinda want him back too, but I really don't think he's coming back after being cut from the base game. You could argue Lucas and Roy, and even Dr. Mario, but I see Snake as a unique case being that yes, he's a cut veteran, but he's also third party.
Not that any of that really matters anymore, now that Konami's putting more nails in their own coffin.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And unfortunately, Konami isn't necessarily in bad shape financially, so it will be a while before we will see any of Hudson's or Konami's games again in Non-Pachinko form. But maybe one day, when Konami truly gives up the ghost, Hudson and Konami IPs like Bomber Man, Metal Gear, Castlevania, Contra and others will be given a proper home again, be it Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft or who ever will take proper care of these games (But I don't see that happening for a while).
Yeah, they're just gonna do that license-squatting thing, I'm quite sure, as they've got other businesses to rely on. The only hope for those titles is that they see it being worthwhile to license the properties out for other companies to use.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
If the King is confirmed I say we all change our avatars to the King's Crown to celebrate, or any other idea like the words "One of Us".

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I don't know guys. I can't look on any character with certainty anymore. It's making me very anxious. I can't look at a character and say "definitely in" or "no hoper" (with plenty of exceptions or ones who truly have no chance). These two weeks are going to drag, I just know it. And there's no guarantee they're announcing Ballot winners on the 3rd.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't know guys. I can't look on any character with certainty anymore. It's making me very anxious. I can't look at a character and say "definitely in" or "no hoper" (with plenty of exceptions or ones who truly have no chance). These two weeks are going to drag, I just know it. And there's no guarantee they're announcing Ballot winners on the 3rd.
I'm thinking they'll announce 3 ballot winners, the first 2 we'll say shown during the direct will be Wolf and Bandana Dee then when it ends it'll cut to the final ballot winner with it (hopefully)being King K. Rool.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's so easy to get anxious because there are nearly limitless possibilities to consider if you start going down the rabbit hole of what Sakurai could do to disappoint people with the ballot (in before "He's gonna disappoint people no matter what so it's perfectly okay if he should let down all of the biggest fanbases"). Whatever happens, we at least get to end the madness and have closure leading into the DK series' future. In the words of a certain country singer turned pop star, it's gonna be forever or it's gonna go down in flames.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Hmmm, well been thinking about stuff to model, and just had a great idea that should be fun for you guys if I can pull it off, but I'm not telling yet

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
It's sad to see Konami take such a fall. I've never played any of their games to my knowledge, but seeing such a grand titan of the video game world stoop so low is sad all the same, especially for all the Snake fans... What a shame. :c

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
whatever the outcome will be for the smash bros ballot on october 3rd i'm Prepare to see who will be the first picked character i hope its king k.rool if not then its another character i knew was coming all along to join super smash bros even if its a character i wasn't expecting to happen

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
It's so easy to get anxious because there are nearly limitless possibilities to consider if you start going down the rabbit hole of what Sakurai could do to disappoint people with the ballot (in before "He's gonna disappoint people no matter what so it's perfectly okay if he should let down all of the biggest fanbases").
lmao how true that is.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
It's astounding.
Time is...fleeting.
Madness....takes its toll.
but listen closely...not for very much longer...
I cannot wait....for King K. Rool.

I remember! Doin' the time warp!
Drinking all those moments when
the blackness would hit me
and the ballot would be calling

Let's do the Time Warp again!

Hey guys, it's been a while. I cannot believe that we are almost done with the ballot.

Any news besdes the Mario Maker stage, while I wasn't here?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It's astounding.
Time is...fleeting.
Madness....takes its toll.
but listen closely...not for very much longer...
I cannot wait....for King K. Rool.

I remember! Doin' the time warp!
Drinking all those moments when
the blackness would hit me
and the ballot would be calling

Let's do the Time Warp again!

Hey guys, it's been a while. I cannot believe that we are almost done with the ballot.

Any news besdes the Mario Maker stage, while I wasn't here?
Not as of recently, I'm afraid. We likely won't see anything until the 30th. Merely 10 days away.

one thing i am not looking forward to about the ballot is....2-3 fanbases happy,hyped, and satisfied....dozens of other fanbases sad,mad,dissapointed and in a frenzy.

lets hope we are not one of the latter

Last edited:
Top Bottom