• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I want to see K. Rool vs. some character who also has several different personas (is there any?).
Pete from the Disney cartoons.
He's been a pirate, a master criminal, a ghost (Technically he was the ghots of Christmas yet to come in that Disney Christmas Carol with Scrooge as...Scrooge), Maleficent's right-hand man, and so many other things.

Last edited:

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Never use pokemon in smash as an example for scaling/size. The pokemon fighters are not even scaled to each other all that well. Pikachu is roughly 6times smaller than mewtwo is, who happens to be a foot taller than charizard
I can see Ridley in Charizard size to be honest. You know charizard is probably smaller then You. Hes like, 1.6 - 1.7m hight (thats 5'5" - 5'7" for You united statians, one of The feel people that still use Miles, feet, pound and farehein.(Even England said good bye to The last one.))

Edit: Also, KKR would be browser and Dk's size if he was coming to The game. (I really dont care who makes into The game, of course I would love to see Septile, Shovel Knight, A Zelda character (I wanted Midna and Girahim:c:sadeyes::crying:) or Isaac geting in, Thats why I votes for them, but as Long as he has an creative and good moveset, I dont care who he is.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I want to see Dragonball Z K Rool. Screaming "this isn't even my final form" whilst morphing through hundreds of different personas.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
While I think of another picture to do as we patiently wait, I'll leave this one I found :)
These HAVE to be alts. for King K. Rool. Hands down. BTW, your avatar, is that Xiaomu from Namco x Capcom, by any chance? Just curious. The artstyle looks a bit more "realistic" than that game, if that makes any sense.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
These HAVE to be alts. for King K. Rool. Hands down. BTW, your avatar, is that Xiaomu from Namco x Capcom, by any chance? Just curious. The artstyle looks a bit more "realistic" than that game, if that makes any sense.
It is Xiaomu, the one you see is based off her appearance in the Project X Zone games (hence the more detailed appearance).

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Yeah, that's Xiaomu but in Project X Zone 2

There's also this other picture I found~

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It is Xiaomu, the one you see is based off her appearance in the Project X Zone games (hence the more detailed appearance).
Oh, okay. I was sure there was something different because I noticed Namco x Capcom's artstyle was more "cartoonish" in artstyle compared to its sequels. Honestly, with Reiji and Xiaomu's relationship, I would think it was a take on Banjo and Kazooie's relationship.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Oh, okay. I was sure there was something different because I noticed Namco x Capcom's artstyle was more "cartoonish" in artstyle compared to its sequels. Honestly, with Reiji and Xiaomu's relationship, I would think it was a take on Banjo and Kazooie's relationship.
Except that I don't think Banjo constantly spanks Kazooie

Pakky

Smash Hero
Warning Received
I want to see K. Rool vs. some character who also has several different personas (is there any?).

Also, just found out that @TehEpicRyuga has been perma-banned. I guess mods finally got enough of her swearing (or bad behaviour, which was probably the actual reason).
This in bad taste and I don't care, justice has been served. (EDIT:Even though it was a temp-ban) Back to K Rool though

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm sorry but that's not the case

We were never going to get Rayquaza as a playable character in Brawl. The character always made more sense as a boss. He's too big, and if he got scaled down his proportions would look weird. Ridley is in the same boat. Some characters are just not cut to be fighters. K. Rool actually has humanoid physiology, and proportions that work when scaled to fighter-size. That's the non-arbitrary difference.
That analogy is flawed. For one thing, Rayquaza is a serpentine creature and Ridley is not, so they don't quite work the same as comparing Samus and Ridley. For another...Ridley does have a humanoid physiology; he's based on a friggin' Xenomorph, for crying out loud!

Just because he's not strictly human-shaped doesn't negate the fact that he is very much humanoid, especially in the limbs. Not to mention Ridley's size has fluctuated in pretty much every game he's ever been in, sometimes even changing sizes multiple times in the same game.

Also, Rayquaza is 23 FEET TALL, and Ridley is 12. Massive difference there; the two are NOT in the same boat in terms of size; Rayquaza's the size of a small Diplodocus, where Ridley's the size of a Brontosaurus. That's not the same scale range.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
In the words of a certain country singer turned pop star, it's gonna be forever or it's gonna go down in flames.
Sakurai be like...

Got a long list of ballot entries
Their fans are all insane
But I got a blank slot, baby
*pen clicks*
And I write the name :troll:
*camera zooms in to reveal the ballot winner, Darker Pit*

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yep. Get in those last few votes and then pat yourselves on the back for a job well done. None of our poll dominance would have happened without the effort of every last person not just in here, but across the web.

The last few votes aren't going to really affect this decision one way or the other, but they send the message to Nintendo that the character is still a viable selling point for future games, and to Sakurai and co. that, if they didn't choose him, they done messed up.

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
12 Days...
I can't believe it how fast it can. I'm thinking to draw more on miiverse about my wish chars to coming in Smash Bros. Only who has the most voting of all.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Man, I find it hard to believe the ballot is already almost over. A lot has happened in the past six months. Some good and some bad, but I won't lie and say this wasn't one of the most exciting times for me as a Smash fan.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm fully expecting that, once October 3rd rolls around, we'll get a notice on the site thanking everyone for voting, and we won't find out which characters make it in (or, at least, the first one that makes it in) until the holiday Direct.

I just hope that we get a variety of series, both old and new, from this, as opposed to more Mario, Kid Icarus, or Fire Emblem characters. (nothing against those series; I just figure they have a lot as is) Even if we just get K. Rool and Snake from this, I'll be completely satisfied.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, these days are going to be long. Probably longer than the rest of the time of the ballot.

It won't be a stretch to assume that we were at our lowest point in September last year, when the 3DS roster got leaked. The times were bad - rage and tears flowed freely, driving away a lot of people out of speculation altogether. Things really looked bleak for us.

The confirmation of Mewtwo DLC in November did help to improve the mood with the hope that maybe, just maybe our rallies from pre-release hadn't gone as unheard as it appeared.

Then came April and with it, the Smash ballot. Immediately the Speculation scene was taken by storm; things turned upside-down overnight. To think that Nintendo to actually reach out to fans and let them choose a character directly was unprecedented and unexpected.

The Kremling Kampaign spurred into action too. Our twitter quickly became a very noticeable, gaining the support of the large but scattered K. Rool fans on the net, and we were even acknowledged by people who formerly worked at Rare, including Grant Kirkhope and Playtonic Games. We got Smashified to make an awesome artwork of the King, and numerous other people here contributed art of their own (Gators gonna gate, was it? :p)

From the looks of it, we can certainly take pride in how far we've come in the last six months. We've stayed close-knit and the King has kept topping big and small fan-made polls to gauge popularity, even as other characters rose and fell. A K. Rool entry even made it into the finals of the last Miiverse Photo Contest, which is no small feat either. Many a leak came and went, but our faith was unshaken.

All was well until a few weeks ago, when a bombshell was dropped in the form of K. Rool's Mii costume. It was strange; nothing about it particularly made sense - the timing, the design choice or the King being a Mii Costume, for that matter.

At the time of writing, 12 days remain for the end of the ballot. We already have new content approaching in the form of the Mario Maker stage and it's very likely it's a part of the next batch of DLC which will come with a character or two in tow. Will this be it? Will we make it? Will the clamours for K. Rool, the earliest of which go back to pre-Brawl, be finally answered?

Cross your fingers, as we move into the final two week period of the Smash Ballot.

FalKoopa
:231:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
So that's K. Rool's long lost wife. :4wario2:

She is still mad about the pots and pans.

I want to see Dragonball Z K Rool. Screaming "this isn't even my final form" whilst morphing through hundreds of different personas.
Yes!!! He needs to say it like this:

Well, these days are going to be long. Probably longer than the rest of the time of the ballot.

It won't be a stretch to assume that we were at our lowest point in September last year, when the 3DS roster got leaked. The times were bad - rage and tears flowed freely, driving away a lot of people out of speculation altogether. Things really looked bleak for us.

The confirmation of Mewtwo DLC in November did help to improve the mood with the hope that maybe, just maybe our rallies from pre-release hadn't gone as unheard as it appeared.

Then came April and with it, the Smash ballot. Immediately the Speculation scene was taken by storm; things turned upside-down overnight. To think that Nintendo to actually reach out to fans and let them choose a character directly was unprecedented and unexpected.

The Kremling Kampaign spurred into action too. Our twitter quickly became a very noticeable, gaining the support of the large but scattered K. Rool fans on the net, and we were even acknowledged by people who formerly worked at Rare, including Grant Kirkhope and Playtonic Games. We got Smashified to make an awesome artwork of the King, and numerous other people here contributed art of their own (Gators gonna gate, was it? :p)

From the looks of it, we can certainly take pride in how far we've come in the last six months. We've stayed close-knit and the King has kept topping big and small fan-made polls to gauge popularity, even as other characters rose and fell. A K. Rool entry even made it into the finals of the last Miiverse Photo Contest, which is no small feat either. Many a leak came and went, but our faith was unshaken.

All was well until a few weeks ago, when a bombshell was dropped in the form of K. Rool's Mii costume. It was strange; nothing about it particularly made sense - the timing, the design choice or the King being a Mii Costume, for that matter.

At the time of writing, 12 days remain for the end of the ballot. We already have new content approaching in the form of the Mario Maker stage and it's very likely it's a part of the next batch of DLC which will come with a character or two in tow. Will this be it? Will we make it? Will the clamours for K. Rool, the earliest of which go back to pre-Brawl, be finally answered?

Cross your fingers, as we move into the final two week period of the Smash Ballot.

FalKoopa
Perfect, that was beautifully written.:)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm fully expecting that, once October 3rd rolls around, we'll get a notice on the site thanking everyone for voting, and we won't find out which characters make it in (or, at least, the first one that makes it in) until the holiday Direct.

I just hope that we get a variety of series, both old and new, from this, as opposed to more Mario, Kid Icarus, or Fire Emblem characters. (nothing against those series; I just figure they have a lot as is) Even if we just get K. Rool and Snake from this, I'll be completely satisfied.
Oh, I think we'll find out about who makes it in sooner than that. I think we could get it in the same month. Not on or close to October 3, but maybe in late October.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Never use pokemon in smash as an example for scaling/size. The pokemon fighters are not even scaled to each other all that well. Pikachu is roughly 6times smaller than mewtwo is, who happens to be a foot taller than charizard
No one cares about how they're scaled relative to each other. The key thing with the playable Pokemon is that their proportions are still appropriate when they have been scaled.

Not necessarily, with quadrupedal fighters such as Ivysaur (and Duck Hunt Dog to an extent), you do not need to be a conventional (humanoid) character to have a chance in one of the wackiest party-fighters. And Ridley, like any given character, can be scaled to fighter-size. That is sort of the point in scaling something; otherwise, it would be its original size. The whole "looking weird" part is entirely subjective, as I mentioned earlier. I digress, Ridley was already deconfirmed, he is not a possibility any longer.

I see what you are saying, but your prior statements were still arbitrary, you cannot just change the entire context of our discussion to better suit what you meant. I used that word specifically in reference to the "everyone but the hardcore fans believed that Ridley was a boss and Ridley fans deserved to be trolled because they supported an unreasonable character." If you replace the word Ridley with King K. Rool and boss with costume, there are no objective differences. Hence, your statement was arbitrary.

And again, I am not saying anything detrimental about King K. Rool. He would most certainly work and I am sure that being humanoid helps and that was most likely what hurt Ridley. But that has nothing to do with the core of our discussion which was fan reaction and troll reaction to a character deconfirmation. We were comparing King K. Rool with Ridley and you did not believe that the reaction would be similar or that if it was, there were no "grounds" for it. I discerned the similarities between the two situations and asked for the subtle differences. Instead, you started debating about how Ridley would not work but King K. Rool would. I am confused.

So to be more clear this time, I am not interested in discussing Ridley as a character. Instead, I want to know why the two situations are different. They are two different characters, yes. But how is it any different than someone detracting King K. Rool with the reasoning that he was already confirmed for another role and that we have whatever we have coming because we were to blind to see it?

That is where I believe your differences are arbitrary.
That's why I also mentioned having appropriate proportions, because Ivysaur still has those.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Just so I feel like I'm contributing something here, I'm gonna post a daily crocodilian fact until we get some news on K. Rool. So, to kick things off, how's this: Cuban crocodiles, highly endangered and aggressive beasties, have been documented exhibiting (quote/unquote) "pack hunting behavior." They aren't housed in groups any more.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just remember guys.

Even if K.Rool doesn't happen. We're in this together.

Remember to hold your head high and to never lash out to others.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just remember guys.

Even if K.Rool doesn't happen. We're in this together.

Remember to hold your head high and to never lash out to others.
I am with you all the way, Swampasaur! Even if he doesn't get in, we supported him a lot. That is what matters. Plus, with this high support, he could, if he does not get in, he could get in the next game.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
No one cares about how they're scaled relative to each other. The key thing with the playable Pokemon is that their proportions are still appropriate when they have been scaled.
So you're basically implying at this point that Sakurai and his team of professionals can't keep his proportions in order when fans have done so.
The image above shows Ridley smaller without his proportions massively changed.

Now look at this:
This is Samus Scaled UP from a Mega mushroom and Ridley's proportions look relatively similar.

Top Bottom