• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
one thing i am not looking forward to about the ballot is....2-3 fanbases happy,hyped, and satisfied....dozens of other fanbases sad,mad,dissapointed and in a frenzy.

lets hope we are not one the latter
I hear yah. Since a while ago I found myself branching out and getting psyched up to other characters, if only to have at least ONE of my preferred characters getting in so the Ballot wouldn't be a total bust in my eyes. K. Rool still remains my number 1 though. I'd hate to see the Kutthroats suffer a second time and have to put up with the trolls and tear drinkers.

Let's hope, buddy.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
They should just do an entire smash bros game dedicated to K.Rool
SUPER SMASH B.ROOTHERS
Roster
KING K ROOL
KAPTAIN K ROOL
BAROON K. ROOLESTEIN
BOXER K.ROOL
SNOW MAD ROOL
TIKI K.ROOL
KING K. TOOL
COUNT K. RACOOLA
KING K. ROY
DAR K. ROOL
CH.ROOLM
DR. ROOL
K. ROOL MAN
BANDANNA K. ROOL
WAK.ROOL
NEON K.ROOL
K.ROOL ON A BUS
K.ROOL WITH A STAND
Still no Dixie
PAPER K.ROOL
TOON K.ROOL
HYPER REALISTIC K.ROOL
and so on and so on.
Hell, aside from them, AND the other ones mentioned missing by some people int he thread, just make King K. Rool COSPLAY each and every single character in 5mash NX.

That'd be a roster, all right. :troll:

CharlieSolark

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXSolarkXx
3DS FC
0259-0796-7972
It's amazing how fast these last few months went by yet how long these last 2 weeks are going to feel...
I only joined this thread in May but these few months have been fun.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If trolls do come, they'll have little grounds to troll on. The difference with Ridley is that Ridley never made sense as a character because he doesn't have the right physiology. The mods I've seen either make him way too big or small. He was also suggested to be a boss. Everyone who wasn't a hardcore Ridley fan knew he'd be a boss

No one deserves trolling, but Ridley fans brought upon themselves because they expected a completely unreasonable character. K. Rool fans actually have reason to believe that he'd be made DLC because of the ballot, so supporting him isn't silly like it was for Ridley.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
If trolls do come, they'll have little grounds to troll on. The difference with Ridley is that Ridley never made sense as a character because he doesn't have the right physiology. The mods I've seen either make him way too big or small. He was also suggested to be a boss. Everyone who wasn't a hardcore Ridley fan knew he'd be a boss

No one deserves trolling, but Ridley fans brought upon themselves because they expected a completely unreasonable character. K. Rool fans actually have reason to believe that he'd be made DLC because of the ballot, so supporting him isn't silly like it was for Ridley.
Not necessarily, one could easily argue that Ridley had little grounds to troll on as his physiology would have been serviceable. The sentiment is subjective after all. Trolls do not need "grounds" to troll on. They will troll regardless of whether or not it makes any sense.

Secondly, everyone who wasn't a hardcore King K. Rool fan knew he would be a Mii Costume. King K. Rool fans will bring the trolls upon themselves because they expected a completely unreasonable character. See how easy it is to do?

Do not get me wrong, I want King K. Rool and I would agree that he is MORE reasonable than Ridley ever was, but there are no overt differences between the two aside from the fact that we do not need to stare at King K. Rool's shadow. The alleged differences that you cited are completely and utterly arbitrary and the result of confirmation bias.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Secondly, everyone who wasn't a hardcore King K. Rool fan knew he would be a Mii Costume. King K. Rool fans will bring the trolls upon themselves because they expected a completely unreasonable character. See how easy it is to do?
The thing is that absolutely no one expected K Rool to be a Mii Costume while lots of people were convinced Ridley was gonna be a boss on Pyrosphere.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
The thing is that absolutely no one expected K Rool to be a Mii Costume while lots of people were convinced Ridley was gonna be a boss on Pyrosphere.
I think what MorbidAltruism means is that right now, after K.Rool's costume was revealed, a lot of people consider him out as an actual fighter, and that if he actually doesn't become anything more than that, those people are going to be saying "I told you so."

The point is that it's easy to retroactively say that something was totally obvious and that, like with Ridley, there are a number of people who consider K. Rool's chances dead. (This doesn't mean that they actually are).

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I think what MorbidAltruism means is that right now, after K.Rool's costume was revealed, a lot of people consider him out as an actual fighter, and that if he actually doesn't become anything more than that, those people are going to be saying "I told you so."

The point is that it's easy to retroactively say that something was totally obvious and that, like with Ridley, there are a number of people who consider K. Rool's chances dead. (This doesn't mean that they actually are).
Precisely, hindsight is 20/20. I do not believe that King K. Rool's chances are dead, but if anyone here believes that the trolls will treat them any differently than the Ridley fans, you have another thing coming. It is probably best to take a small break from the boards if King K. Rool is actually "deconfirmed" as no one here wants to say something that they might regret.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just beat DKC2.

All 102% :shades:
Interesting, I still have to beat Donkey Kong 64. I was going for it hard late August and if what I read was true, I am almost ready to take on the final boss. King K. Rool himself. I have been busy with other games, but some King K. Rool news, good or bad, would probably create some incentive for me to go back and experience that battle.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Not necessarily, one could easily argue that Ridley had little grounds to troll on as his physiology would have been serviceable. The sentiment is subjective after all. Trolls do not need "grounds" to troll on. They will troll regardless of whether or not it makes any sense.

Do not get me wrong, I want King K. Rool and I would agree that he is MORE reasonable than Ridley ever was, but there are no overt differences between the two aside from the fact that we do not need to stare at King K. Rool's shadow. The alleged differences that you cited are completely and utterly arbitrary and the result of confirmation bias.
I'm sorry but that's not the case

We were never going to get Rayquaza as a playable character in Brawl. The character always made more sense as a boss. He's too big, and if he got scaled down his proportions would look weird. Ridley is in the same boat. Some characters are just not cut to be fighters. K. Rool actually has humanoid physiology, and proportions that work when scaled to fighter-size. That's the non-arbitrary difference.

Morbi

Scavenger

We were never going to get Rayquaza as a playable character in Brawl. The character always made more sense as a boss. He's too big, and if he got scaled down his proportions would look weird. Ridley is in the same boat. Some characters are just not cut to be fighters. K. Rool actually has humanoid physiology, and proportions that work when scaled to fighter-size. That's the non-arbitrary difference.
Not necessarily, with quadrupedal fighters such as Ivysaur (and Duck Hunt Dog to an extent), you do not need to be a conventional (humanoid) character to have a chance in one of the wackiest party-fighters. And Ridley, like any given character, can be scaled to fighter-size. That is sort of the point in scaling something; otherwise, it would be its original size. The whole "looking weird" part is entirely subjective, as I mentioned earlier. I digress, Ridley was already deconfirmed, he is not a possibility any longer.

I see what you are saying, but your prior statements were still arbitrary, you cannot just change the entire context of our discussion to better suit what you meant. I used that word specifically in reference to the "everyone but the hardcore fans believed that Ridley was a boss and Ridley fans deserved to be trolled because they supported an unreasonable character." If you replace the word Ridley with King K. Rool and boss with costume, there are no objective differences. Hence, your statement was arbitrary.

And again, I am not saying anything detrimental about King K. Rool. He would most certainly work and I am sure that being humanoid helps and that was most likely what hurt Ridley. But that has nothing to do with the core of our discussion which was fan reaction and troll reaction to a character deconfirmation. We were comparing King K. Rool with Ridley and you did not believe that the reaction would be similar or that if it was, there were no "grounds" for it. I discerned the similarities between the two situations and asked for the subtle differences. Instead, you started debating about how Ridley would not work but King K. Rool would. I am confused.

So to be more clear this time, I am not interested in discussing Ridley as a character. Instead, I want to know why the two situations are different. They are two different characters, yes. But how is it any different than someone detracting King K. Rool with the reasoning that he was already confirmed for another role and that we have whatever we have coming because we were to blind to see it?

That is where I believe your differences are arbitrary.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Fundamentally I believe K Rool / Ridley to be different situations but it is what the detractors believe that matters here. And I've read enough toxicity to know that K Rool will get it as bad or perhaps even worse, as the nature of the ballot makes it feel inherently more competitive.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hindsight is a wonderful, all-encompassing thing, whether it's being used to denounce Ridley as a character who can never ever "work" (something even Sakurai hasn't said for the record) or K. Rool as an irrelevant nobody who was obviously never going to get in and was disconfirmed by the costume.

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086

Never use pokemon in smash as an example for scaling/size. The pokemon fighters are not even scaled to each other all that well. Pikachu is roughly 6times smaller than mewtwo is, who happens to be a foot taller than charizard

Pakky

Smash Hero
Never use pokemon in smash as an example for scaling/size. The pokemon fighters are not even scaled to each other all that well. Pikachu is roughly 6times smaller than mewtwo is, who happens to be a foot taller than charizard
You know what's amazing about Ridley's exclusion? All the terrible excuses the were concocted to make the exclusion justifiable. As for as proportions go, he and Charizard, aren't that different, both are dragons, with long necks, long tails, big wings that are never at rest for some reason, and they breathe fire.

However when it comes to K Rool, I'll say it again, if we get a "muh vision" statement followed by "have another bipedal anime swordsman instead", I'll be done with Smash for some years. No offense to the Isaac crew, and those who've been enjoying what is now like 20% of the roster, but I am burnt out. Also ain't it messed up the two dead franchises get assist trophies and yet DK has none?

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
How many times have we discussed Size in Smash?

Pit is disproportionate compared to Palutena and is roughly as tall as her ingame.

The Pokemon are not at their canon heights in relation to each other.

Bowser and Ganondorf got scaled down despite relation to their series characters.

Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Olimar/Alph were scaled way up. Waist high to emphasis they are short (unless you're name is Dedede in which you tower over most fighters despite canonically being inches tall) and the same would happen to Chibi-Robo or Ray MK III if they got in.

Donkey Kong was as tall as Diddy Kong in DKC1, and King K. Rool changes size within the DKC1-3 trilogy and DK64.

Ridley's size is not an issue. His proportions represented a challenge WHEN scaled down, probably due to his huge head. All in all Sakurai would have to make a completely custom Rildey for Smash (not that this lacks precedent, Ridley changes his physical form which each Metroid). IF he asked the creators for input which he takes pride in doing, the creator may have responded negatively to a Smash custom Ridley. We don't know the full extent of what went on.

None of this matters when trolls are concerned, they will salt lick and tear drink regardless if K. Rool is deconfirmed due to hindsight being on their side. Whether they have grounds is irrelevant because they will come to stir the pot regardless and we'll likely have some members lash out in ways they didn't want to because of a combination of trolls and their character being deconfirmed, giving even more fuel to the fire of other fanbases putting us down.

THAT is what I'm worried about.

I agree with Morbi Morbi I think many of us should take a recess from Smashboards and go occupy our time with something more meaningful if K. Rool gets deconfirmed, and not stick around for the backlash. Our time is more precious than that, more precious than fighting off trolls.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh but all those examples don't count because they're not physical changes to those characters' limbs/appendages. You can grow Olimar several hundred sizes up, you can shrink Ganondorf down several heads, but Ridley with slightly smaller wings is just crossing the line.

Anyway, from DKVine's Flint:

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Oh but all those examples don't count because they're not physical changes to those characters' limbs/appendages. You can grow Olimar several hundred sizes up, you can shrink Ganondorf down several heads, but Ridley with slightly smaller wings is just crossing the line.

I like how he's dressed up as and the title says Daisy, but in the speech bubble he says Princess Dixie, quite clever actually. And also "Ballout".

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Interesting, I still have to beat Donkey Kong 64. I was going for it hard late August and if what I read was true, I am almost ready to take on the final boss. King K. Rool himself. I have been busy with other games, but some King K. Rool news, good or bad, would probably create some incentive for me to go back and experience that battle.
You know, I finished DK64 last year. 101%. REALLY fun game, and to this day, I still hold the game in VERY high regard for the fact that this was King K. Rool's last "meaningful" role in a DK game.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I like how he's dressed up as and the title says Daisy, but in the speech bubble he says Princess Dixie, quite clever actually. And also "Ballout".
Yeah, it's actually a clever reference. Back in the day, Nintendo Power was writing about some DK game and referred to Dixie as "Daisy Kong" out of sheer apathy/lack of research. Flint is now having K. Rool fall into the same trap, so to speak.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know, I finished DK64 last year. 101%. REALLY fun game, and to this day, I still hold the game in VERY high regard for the fact that this was King K. Rool's last "meaningful" role in a DK game.
Don't forget DK Jungle Climber.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Welp, that's enough Internet for me today. At least he isn't dressed up like a certain Big Lipped Alligator. :urg:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Don't forget DK Jungle Climber.
Oh, right. But, dat K. Rool voice in DK64 though...:eek:. SERIOUSLY. IF King K. Rool ever return to the main DK games, THAT voice. That....DEEP. DEMONIC. VOICE. It HAS to come back. To this day, it's the reason I put King K. Rool up there with Ganondorf in terms of intimidation.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

So that's K. Rool's long lost wife. :4wario2:

:231:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

WOW. And here I thought King K. Rool's schizophrenia couldn't get ANY WORSE.....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh, right. But, dat K. Rool voice in DK64 though...:eek:. SERIOUSLY. IF King K. Rool ever return to the main DK games, THAT voice. That....DEEP. DEMONIC. VOICE. It HAS to come back. To this day, it's the reason I put King K. Rool up there with Ganondorf in terms of intimidation.
I liked his voice in the cartoon. :3

I want to see K. Rool vs. some character who also has several different personas (is there any?).

Also, just found out that @TehEpicRyuga has been perma-banned. I guess mods finally got enough of her swearing (or bad behaviour, which was probably the actual reason).

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I want to see K. Rool vs. some character who also has several different personas (is there any?).

Also, just found out that @TehEpicRyuga has been perma-banned. I guess mods finally got enough of her swearing.
Sorry to hear that. She came off as very intelligent to me if not very confrontational.

I guess a line had to be drawn somewhere and she crossed it. *shrug*

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Also, just found out that @TehEpicRyuga has been perma-banned. I guess mods finally got enough of her swearing (or bad behaviour, which was probably the actual reason).
Banned forever. Oh no. I really liked her. :( I'll miss her.

Top Bottom