• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
K. Tool sounds like the moniker for his home improvement persona.
I hate auto correct.

I figure if they keep going the moniker route, they'd keep "K. Rool" in his name..as it is his name...

K. Roolius Caesar
Tutan K. Rool
Genghis K. Rool
...hey after "K. Roolenstein", anything goes as long as "K. Rool" is in there somewhere.

Anyone else think they cheated in DKC 3 with some of the Kremlings?

Bazuka and Karbine could have switched names...like Birdo and Ostro Re-Koil could have just been Koil etc.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
As I said before, Ganondorf should be significantly taller compared to Link than he is now. Also, sheer size isn't the only way you can make K. Rool a more intimidating presence on the battlefield than DK. A deep voice, darker shades of green, sharper fangs and pronounced tics when he does some attacks should make him intimidating even if he isn't much taller than DK.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Hello Everyone! Kuthroaths and Kremlings alike!

My name's Giga Kaiju, and recently I just joined after quite a long time of knowing the page/forum years back aside from, ehem, 'lurking' ever since the days of the beggining from the Pic of the Day, decomfirmation of characters and support for them. And from then, I have had knowledge of the following of many of them, on the top of my head, for Ridley and the one were talking about here, the one that takes the spotlight, the main topic for this thread and the one that I see as plausible as of these days with the amount of feedback he has been getting from quite awhile back as well as staying strong with aid by its followers: King K. Rool.

And well, I must say that apart from the Leader of the Space Pirates himself, (who I still think that still deserves to be in the game playable, instead of a 'just a boss enemy', and hopefully his chance comes sooner or later) K.Rool has to be one, aside from being the only remaining NEWCOMER with the opportunity near in its scaly claws, has yet to have a set role in the game with the ballot as a game-changer, with the most support, followers, and feedback around not only the forum but from the online side of things considering the many characters that are in the running in the form of Shantae, Isaac, Shovel Knight, and many more. He is the one that not only has the most as I said, but the one I think has the better chance to make it if things like 'fan-service' characters are all about with the ballot going at it yet close to the end.

I know that as of right now, things have not been the best for many characters and its followers with the expectation, the waiting, the decyphering process of knowing just what exactly Sakurai, his team and Nintendo have in mind for what take sthe spotlight both for the series and the company as a whole, but at the same time, I AM aware that what we CAN do is to show our support as much as we can and want. To demonstrate that we, as an audience, as the public, and most importantly, as FANS, WANT to see something take the attention for entertaiment.

And well, isn't that what the support is all about, to make our voices heard? To let Nintendo know that we WANT to see our idols be part of the game (or games considering to their respective franchises) we love to play?

Well, we MAY be in for luck and at the same time uncertain about what could happen next, but then again, that's what the discussions and hypothetical conversations are what this forum is about.

Be that as it may, and with this so 'serious and future' first post on this thread as an introduction here, I just want to say that I am on your side as well. I'm a supporter to K.Rool.

I have been a fan of him since the DK64 days, and slowly but surely becoming a favorite of mine since learning about him, and would like to see our fellow Kremling King to be part of Smash as a playable villain (as that is something that lacks off, and needs to change in the series too).

So, just passing by around here to not only join the support and just get right to it after the lenghty first post, but to say:

COUNT ME IN...!

Hopefully luck is in our side.

TL;DR: I like King K. Rool. I want to see him playable in the game. I'm joining the Kuthroats, and support the King.

K.Rool4Smash.

(Now that is the first long post I have posted since joining SmashBoards. That was a thing. Hehe... But if it is for a villain, reptilian in nature, then it is worth it.)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

My name's Giga Kaiju, and recently I just joined after quite a long time of knowing the page/forum years back aside from, ehem, 'lurking' ever since the days of the beggining from the Pic of the Day, decomfirmation of characters and support for them. And from then, I have had knowledge of the following of many of them, on the top of my head, for Ridley and the one were talking about here, the one that takes the spotlight, the main topic for this thread and the one that I see as plausible as of these days with the amount of feedback he has been getting from quite awhile back as well as staying strong with aid by its followers: King K. Rool.

And well, I must say that apart from the Leader of the Space Pirates himself, (who I still think that still deserves to be in the game playable, instead of a 'just a boss enemy', and hopefully his chance comes sooner or later) K.Rool has to be one, aside from being the only remaining NEWCOMER with the opportunity near in its scaly claws, has yet to have a set role in the game with the ballot as a game-changer, with the most support, followers, and feedback around not only the forum but from the online side of things considering the many characters that are in the running in the form of Shantae, Isaac, Shovel Knight, and many more. He is the one that not only has the most as I said, but the one I think has the better chance to make it if things like 'fan-service' characters are all about with the ballot going at it yet close to the end.

I know that as of right now, things have not been the best for many characters and its followers with the expectation, the waiting, the decyphering process of knowing just what exactly Sakurai, his team and Nintendo have in mind for what take sthe spotlight both for the series and the company as a whole, but at the same time, I AM aware that what we CAN do is to show our support as much as we can and want. To demonstrate that we, as an audience, as the public, and most importantly, as FANS, WANT to see something take the attention for entertaiment.

And well, isn't that what the support is all about, to make our voices heard? To let Nintendo know that we WANT to see our idols be part of the game (or games considering to their respective franchises) we love to play?

Well, we MAY be in for luck and at the same time uncertain about what could happen next, but then again, that's what the discussions and hypothetical conversations are what this forum is about.

Be that as it may, and with this so 'serious and future' first post on this thread as an introduction here, I just want to say that I am on your side as well. I'm a supporter to K.Rool.

I have been a fan of him since the DK64 days, and slowly but surely becoming a favorite of mine since learning about him, and would like to see our fellow Kremling King to be part of Smash as a playable villain (as that is something that lacks off, and needs to change in the series too).

So, just passing by around here to not only join the support and just get right to it after the lenghty first post, but to say:

COUNT ME IN...!

TL;DR: I like King K. Rool. I want to see him playable in the game. I'm joining the Kuthroats, and support the King.

K.Rool4Smash.

(Now that is the first long post I have posted since joining SmashBoards. That was a thing. Hehe... But if it is for a villain, reptilian in nature, then it is worth it.)

Welcome aboard Kutthroat!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

COUNT ME IN...!

K.Rool4Smash.

One of us, One of us welcome to the crew.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The future of me and Smash and whether or not K. Rool will be a part of it? Well, I want K. Rool in sooner than later, and I will be extremely happy for all of you - having helped get the most wanted and beloved Nintendo villain into Super Smash Bros and be part of the strongest voices in the Smash community. If K. Rool does get confirmed, then my next big supports include Isaac and Inklings (Who I'd feel profoundly certain given that K. Rool would have ultimately disproved that Mii costume = deconfirmed) Other characters I'd love to see include Snake (Whom after I post this and before I go off for some post-graduation Team Fortress 2 I'll be sending a final ballot vote) and of course Wolf.

Anyways, whether or not I'll return to speculation post-ballot or in Smash 5? It's hard to say. Maybe I might come back. Hopefully there's one character that's locked into a slot on that Smash 5 roster, be they a starting character or unlockable - King K. Rool.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Soon after the ballot is over, I will miss this. Even though it's still on either he's confirmed or not. It's still a classic.
Somehow, I get this feeling that, if K. Rool is confirmed, this song will still crop up in his social thread to be played to new K. Rool players and enthusiasts for years to come.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=729442469

This little ditty was posted in the Wolf boards.

Take it as you will.

While nothing is pure concrete, some in the Wolf boards think this is as close to the ballot as we could get as a huge global polling compilation. If this is true...our King is absolutely KRUSHING THE KOMPETITION!

Edit: I can't stop looking at that google doc and listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIO5cosAqb8
this remix, imagining K. Rool's reveal trailer.
I'm ready for BS but yeah, K. Rool and Wolf should be in. If a nightmare happens I'll have to quit smash. This is getting silly, Sakurai please. Oh and I'm sorry but if Shovel Knight is in, I'm out, because the situation would become too ridiculous for me to deal with.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm still having a hard time seeing Waddle Dee as a main Ballot winner in the forefront, he doesn't seem that unique and hypeworthy that'll be that easy to show to the general market, but hey that's me, and this isn't the place.

Also when we get our own K.Rool sub-forum, we'll know what to do: Create a new one of us video in smash recreating the scene with K.Rool, DK, and Pirate Miis! with the music playing

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'm still having a hard time seeing Waddle Dee as a main Ballot winner in the forefront, he doesn't seem that unique and hypeworthy that'll be that easy to show to the general market, but hey that's me, and this isn't the place.

Also when we get our own K.Rool sub-forum, we'll know what to do: Create a new one of us video in smash recreating the scene with K.Rool, DK, and Pirate Miis! with the music playing
Bandana Dee does still stand as a top 10 or top 5 requested character, depending on where you look.. While being fairly simple in design (most things from Kirby are), he'd still bring enough in gameplay that helps him stand out. :4marth: being the closest thing to a spear across the full roster of.. 54 and growing.

Within the Kirby series, he's basically the last "filling" character with him becoming a staple and the "P4" character helping to strike out, in his own series, more uniquely standing than say Blue Toad for the Mario series. I'd argue more along the lines of :rosalina:with the growing popularity and being someone new to the series but has deeply rooted themselves into it over the past few years.

He isn't the long-awaited heavyweight (in terms of popularity, not just size) that K. Rool is, surely, or in a similar situation Isaac.

We'll see what comes of it in the next few months.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee does still stand as a top 10 or top 5 requested character, depending on where you look.. While being fairly simple in design (most things from Kirby are), he'd still bring enough in gameplay that helps him stand out. :4marth: being the closest thing to a spear across the full roster of.. 54 and growing.

Within the Kirby series, he's basically the last "filling" character with him becoming a staple and the "P4" character helping to strike out, in his own series, more uniquely standing than say Blue Toad for the Mario series. I'd argue more along the lines of :rosalina:with the growing popularity and being someone new to the series but has deeply rooted themselves into it over the past few years.

He isn't the long-awaited heavyweight (in terms of popularity, not just size) that K. Rool is, surely, or in a similar situation Isaac.

We'll see what comes of it in the next few months.
I meant in regards to marketability, a giant Trident(which is essentially a giant modified spear) wielding Pigman would stand out more than someone who can be mistaken for a common mook, don't get me wrong I understand he has his popularity, I'm just not seeing him at the forefront of a marketing push, since he doesn't really fall into the classic Nintendo appeal as much, but this is neither the time nor the place for this

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

That's just your opinion, and if you think this isn't the place, don't post it.

And don't say "when" because you could receive a... surprise.
I meant in regards to marketability, a giant Trident(which is essentially a giant modified spear) wielding Pigman would stand out more than someone who can be mistaken for a common mook, don't get me wrong I understand he has his popularity, I'm just not seeing him at the forefront of a marketing push, since he doesn't really fall into the classic Nintendo appeal as much, but this is neither the time nor the place for this
The character is popular and requested = It would sell and be useful for marketing
It's pretty simple.
The appearance of the character is not relevant at all.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Oh how I hope we get a Gangplank Galleon stage if/when K. Rool is confirmed. Which we will hopefully have more tracks on it then just a million versions of Jungle Japes.....

I'd like to see
Crocodile Cacophony (remix)
Gangplank Galleon (Orginal)
DKC2 Medley
Scorch n Torch (Original)
DK64 Island Theme (Original)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A K. Rool subforum would be interesting to behold. The way I see it, we have such a rich and sizable community here that's interested in the character first and foremost. However, a lot of the character subforums don't seem to really care about their characters as individuals, but as playstyles...it's just competitive players taking over and discussing paint-by-numbers combos, "rate my playing" requests, and match-up talk. I'd hope that, if K. Rool gets in, we can merge that kind of analysis with the community we've always had...goofy videos and rituals, personality discussions, "what if K. Rool did XYZ in a new game," etc. It would be a shame to lose what's unique about our group in lieu of something so commonplace.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
A K. Rool subforum would be interesting to behold. The way I see it, we have such a rich and sizable community here that's interested in the character first and foremost. However, a lot of the character subforums don't seem to really care about their characters as individuals, but as playstyles...it's just competitive players taking over and discussing paint-by-numbers combos, "rate my playing" requests, and match-up talk. I'd hope that, if K. Rool gets in, we can merge that kind of analysis with the community we've always had...goofy videos and rituals, personality discussions, "what if K. Rool did XYZ in a new game," etc. It would be a shame to lose what's unique about our group in lieu of something so commonplace.
That's very true. To be honest many of those existing character subforums never had to band together as a community (not all, but many) and build that kind of relationship with each other and the character. I expect DLC Ballot characters to have that pre-DLC community carry over into the subforum until it eventually simmers down and most people not interested in competitive stuff move on.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 - Would a character sub-forum like that be allowed? That probably sounds like a crazy question, doesn't it? :laugh: I've just never really seen it, hence my asking.

Honestly, what you described is why I stick to the character support threads, really - there's a genuine love for the characters and the series they're all from, and it's part of the normal ebb and flow of conversation around here.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 - Would a character sub-forum like that be allowed? That probably sounds like a crazy question, doesn't it? :laugh: I've just never really seen it, hence my asking.

Honestly, what you described is why I stick to the character support threads, really - there's a genuine love for the characters and the series they're all from, and it's part of the normal ebb and flow of conversation around here.
Rather than say, 5-6 people bickering back and forth about frame data, combos, and kill percents. A lot of those subforums are pretty dry if not flat out dead. I'm glad Charizard's is still kind of active. Other than looking at Charizard stuff there in the subforums, I mostly stick here in the support threads. The conversations are always more interesting and more lively.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Rather than say, 5-6 people bickering back and forth about frame data, combos, and kill percents. A lot of those subforums are pretty dry if not flat out dead. I'm glad Charizard's is still kind of active. Other than looking at Charizard stuff there in the subforums, I mostly stick here in the support threads.
Am I the only one who plays by instinct and observation (and just plain flat-out knowing the mechanics and match-ups), rather than frame data? Isn't that kind of the point? It seems to work quite well... :p

The conversations are always more interesting and more lively.
Too right. I like the mix of talking about the actual games, and characters, and lore, and all that fun stuff that makes Smash fun in the first place, as well as talking about Smash itself.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We're in an interesting position in terms of what a potential subforum could be. We'd be one of the few SSB4 newcomers with big fan support before their reveals and with people predominantly liking them for more than just a playstyle gimmick (which naturally generate more gameplay-focused subforum talk about said gimmicks). The idea of us getting in through the ballot would only heighten this, since it'd be the only reason the character and, thus, the subforum came about. And lastly, there'd still be so much to discuss about K. Rool's future in DKC games, especially after Smash would essentially lock him into them.

Overall, I think it'd be a pretty fun place to hang out.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Am I the only one who plays by instinct and observation (and just plain flat-out knowing the mechanics and match-ups), rather than frame data? Isn't that kind of the point? It seems to work quite well... :p
During fights I don't have time to think about that stuff. I usually play my Zard mixed up, going between baiting them out with a Flamethrower to just going in throwing claws around and it seems to work for the most part until I get caught up in a combo. Nothing quite more satisfying than a grab and Uthrow kill on one of the many Counters in this game.

Also I swear to god Zard Dair is one of the most satisfying ways to kill in this game.

One good smack with that stubby foot and they rocket down off the stage faster than the green side of the Power Tower.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I wonder if by this point it matters to send anything for K. Rool. He's already at the top and I'm sure Sakurai has seen the demand and made his decision. A few more votes here and there isnt going to change that.

But I could be wrong. So do what you guys think is right.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Two weeks left of the Ballot with content coming in a week and a half. I think you're right, it's best to start winding down our efforts even though many say that we should do everything in our power up until the hour, and stop once the hour strikes midnight on October 3rd. I've sent in one last vote for K. Rool just today on another IP, and that will likely be my last contribution to the King beyond posting in this thread.

I think our work here is done and it's time to play the waiting game. Oh, the dreaded waiting game.

D

Deleted member

As we play the waiting game, the pendulum moves as the days pass. Time moves slower and slower every single second.

A dreadfull waiting game, full of uncertainity. In which the only thing we can do is beign patient.

There's a chance that the Mario Maker stage is just a sign of things to come. The more time passes, the more i think we are going to see a new Direct.

A new president, the Mario Maker Stage photo on the website beign called stage_5.jpg, the confirmation that the directs are still a thing and September 30th happens in the same week the Ballot ends. We could just be getting the stage and nothing else, but all of these events seem to be conected to something greater.

For me, this feels just like March 2014 all over again. The reason we didn't have anything during August was because they are preparing something for the end of September. Just like how we didn't get any character in March 2014 due to the Direct that was happening on April that same year. (or at least, that's what i think).

Assuming we get a Direct this month and assuming said direct includes Smash-related news, im expecting the best and worst at the same time.

I said it once and i will say it again.

LONG LIVE THE KING.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I could see it turning out sorta like the Robin forum, being a fairly nice mixture of both tones of discussion.
At least some discussion would still be the tone it is now, so long as ya'll stuck around. (It's what the hypothetical social thread would be for, after all.)

But it's only fair to those who would potentially want to seriously use K. Rool competitively to make it a place for both kinds of discussion, if it does indeed come to be.
I know I'd want to give him a serious try as a competent secondary I'd use in bracket. That's just out of liking the character.
When people have that type of discussion, they're generally doing it out of love.~
It's not just about advancing the meta so you can win; it's for being able to win with the character you love.
That's not the case for many top players, outside of a random pocket character they might have like Ally having a competent Shulk for no reason, but many a players commit to learning their character because they just like them.
Even the best of players are playing this series in the first place 'cause they're Nintendo fans. It's only natural they'd have favorites.
The best Mario in my region (best in the US imo :p) uses Mario because he loves Mario. The best Luigi players in the US use Luigi because they love Luigi. They've used their respective characters every game.
Ask them what combos work at what percent and they could tell you. Ask them how much they love their characters and they could go on.
It's all out of love.~
I think if you were to see it, and be the one looking after it, even if you don't directly contribute, you'd be able to appreciate it. Just as someone who loves the character.
Take it from someone who uses (tries, at least) a character at a high level simply out of loving the character.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Little completitive discussion would be awful. It would mean that no one would be willing to learn how to play him, most likely because Sakurai would have done an awful job at balancing him(see Zelda boards, pretty dead outside from the social, or Samus boards, where there is three complain threads for every normal thread).
I definitely hope it doesn't turn out to be the case, though this doesn't mean I want the support community to die in favour of the competitive one. Ideally, they should coexist.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Also to the ones who plan on leaving after K Rool is confirmed, perhaps we will see each other on the forums in different threads?
I (and i'm pretty sure most of the rest of the people here) will be here as long as there is something to discuss. Once DLC ends and speculation is over, then I think some people will start to be less active on the site. But when something major happens/ Smash 5 is revealed and speculation and discussion comes back, I think the people that do end up leaving may return.

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=729442469

This little ditty was posted in the Wolf boards.

Take it as you will.

While nothing is pure concrete, some in the Wolf boards think this is as close to the ballot as we could get as a huge global polling compilation. If this is true...our King is absolutely KRUSHING THE KOMPETITION!

Edit: I can't stop looking at that google doc and listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIO5cosAqb8
this remix, imagining K. Rool's reveal trailer.
Just took a look at the poll and I just have one question. How the hell is Magnemite that high? Of all the pokemon that could of picked...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just took a look at the poll and I just have one question. How the hell is Magnemite that high? Of all the pokemon that could of picked...
Magnemite's a joke character in Japan apparently. A far better joke character than the **** we have in the west.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I'm really happy with what this thread has accomplished. Nintendo now knows K. Rool is marketable and, if not now, they will probably force whoever is developing Smash Bros. to put him in the game at some pint. Now, while it's not completely certain that he'll appear in the next DK game, the fact that Retro Studios is backing us at all is a good sign of things to come. I hope people won't get too angry if K. Rool is deconfirmed. We should be grateful as of now that we've got media attention, fan art, Retro Studios, and Nintendo themselves backing us.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I plan to stick around after King K. Rool is either confirmed or deconfirmed, but I'm not sure if I'll stick around the K. Rool centric areas all that much. Sure, I'll be glad that the character is in, and I'll at least try to main him (before I inevitably give up and go back to Duck Hunt because I can't play heavyweights for the life of me), but I am easily bored by matchup discussions and such, and I don't play DKC enough to speculate whether King K. Rool will be the main villain of the next one, so I don't see myself spending too much time in the hypothetical sub form, after the initial hype dies off.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Pages... Pages... Pages.. Of waiting.

Whatever happens will bring great joy, or Mt. Everest size mounds of salt.

I guess it's been a good ride folks. :/

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't know how many here are Football fans but whether you are or aren't this is phenomenal. I myself am a die hard Minnesota Vikings fan (really hoping K. Rool gets a purple and gold skin)

It's cool to see how many people have been influenced by games more specially Nintendo. Travis Kelce is a Tight End of the Chiefs and I was watching redzone at a friends house on Sunday and saw his TD celebration come up. I instantly said that's the giant punch from Smash!!!! Well later the next day lol
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewziegler/donkey-kong-touchdown-punch

Please watch the Vine at the bottom lol DK Rap for the win!!!

Top Bottom