• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MainJPW

M.T.A
hello everyone i am from on miiverse and i came here to show support for King K.Rool i've have played the Snes Donkey Kong Country games including the new games too but King K.Rool has always been my Favorite character mostly i hope he gets picked from the Super Smash Bros Ballot he needs to be playable and be brought back into the Donkey Kong Country games i have voted for him

Welcome aboard!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
hello everyone i am from on miiverse and i came here to show support for King K.Rool i've have played the Snes Donkey Kong Country games including the new games too but King K.Rool has always been my Favorite character mostly i hope he gets picked from the Super Smash Bros Ballot he needs to be playable and be brought back into the Donkey Kong Country games i have voted for him

EDIT: NInja'd.

Last edited:

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
lol thanks for welcoming me aboard and before i even joined this site i was watching this k.rool thread for a very long time the mii costume of king k.rool is cool but i want the Real thing so bad

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
More exciting news! I hope this is true and I'm excited to see what we end up getting.

If your hypothesis is true, we could see Wolf if a character is getting in. Hoping for him or K. Rool obviously. I don't think a vet like Wolf would get a stage bundled with him regardless. So we could get Sector Z and Wolf, which would be a Star Fox love letter just before the Ballot ends.
Personally, the two characters that would have me the most hyped would be K. Rool, and Snake.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
lol thanks for welcoming me aboard and before i even joined this site i was watching this k.rool thread for a very long time the mii costume of king k.rool is cool but i want the Real thing so bad
Welkome Aboard, Kutthroat!

Also - it's looking very promising for us! But here's a question - would they really reveal a ballot character before the ballot is officially over? Regardless - Super hyped for the Mario Maker Stage - and hopefully I'll be smiling at a Krokodile before the start of my HSC!

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
Welcome aboard! Also nice Undertaker name.
thanks this isn't the only name people liked my other name xtundertakertx account thats banned on miiverse some have liked it because it was original but i made that name and so it cannot be used on miiverse anymore sadly also i don't vote troll characters for the ballot i only vote for video game characters that had a history with nintendo

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
Welkome Aboard, Kutthroat!

Also - it's looking very promising for us! But here's a question - would they really reveal a ballot character before the ballot is officially over? Regardless - Super hyped for the Mario Maker Stage - and hopefully I'll be smiling at a Krokodile before the start of my HSC!
i think king k.rool will win the ballot if not well i'll take the risk of him not appearing at all unlike the mii costume i think wolf will get in too due to starfox Zero this also tells me a stage will come from that game but again this is about King K.Rool

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
i think king k.rool will win the ballot if not well i'll take the risk of him not appearing at all unlike the mii costume i think wolf will get in too due to starfox Zero this also tells me a stage will come from that game but again this is about King K.Rool
Quick heads up, double posting usually isn't something that goes down well here. Not everyone minds it, but it can get you in trouble if you keep doing it. If you want to say something directly after you posted (If you forgot to say something, for example) and nobody else has since posted, use the Edit button in the bottom left corner of your comment, make the changes you want, and save your changes. Just a heads up for future reference! :)

Last edited:

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
Quick heads up, double posting usually isn't something that goes down well here. Not everyone minds it, but it can get you in trouble if you keep doing it. If you want to say something directly after you posted (If you forgot to say something, for example) and nobody else has since posted, use the Edit button in the bottom left corner of your comment, make the changes you want, and save your changes. Just a heads up for future reference! :)
thanks for that i'll take notice of it

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Guys, Sakurai just recognizes how krushingly epic Jungle Level's theme is. :p

But seriously, how many remixes of that one song do we have? 5? 6?

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Actually, since we're talking about remixes breaking some new ground here, guys ;w; and music and junk, what's your favorite underrated DKC tune? I never hear people talk about this one, and it's a crime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PehJpkjvJ2I Not even David Wise o_0
Eh, screw it, while I'm here, what's your favorite overall track from DKC? I....I'm so sorry Lockjaw's Saga. There's a new ringleader in town. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301s-GDML5w

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... Windmill Hills, actually. It really makes me feel right at home with the atmosphere, and oozes with Wise's charm.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
So this influx of great news and bright prospects has me trying to pin just how I'll feel when I see K. Rool even, like.. move for the first time in-game. Just watching him exist and be controllable is going to be such a thrill ride and I feel kind of silly for admitting that. But, I actually rewatch some of the reveal trailers to this day, the nostalgia just fills me with wellbeing. Mega Man and Little Mac are the two I've sat back and relived the most; they came close to rivaling the Snake moment in terms of hype (for me), and I'm waiting for that feeling once again.

K. Rool is genuinely probably the last character that'd fill me with this feeling. Maybe Geno, maybe an oddball like Dr. Wily (I really want this for some reason) but as much as I feel the newcomers in 4 were well-rounded and acceptable, far too many shoo-ins were shrugged off and my hype began to taper around the Robin reveal. Ryu would've absolutely floored me and had me running around my room in an insane frenzy of joy but the leaks, the leaks.

Anyone else rewatch some of the trailers from time to time, and is anyone else sort of banking on this being the last huge thing they're wanting/expecting from this franchise?

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So this influx of great news and bright prospects has me trying to pin just how I'll feel when I see K. Rool even, like.. move for the first time in-game. Just watching him exist and be controllable is going to be such a thrill ride and I feel kind of silly for admitting that. But, I actually rewatch some of the reveal trailers to this day, the nostalgia just fills me with wellbeing. Mega Man and Little Mac are the two I've sat back and relived the most; they came close to rivaling the Snake moment in terms of hype (for me), and I'm waiting for that feeling once again.

K. Rool is genuinely probably the last character that'd fill me with this feeling. Maybe Geno, maybe an oddball like Dr. Wily (I really want this for some reason) but as much as I feel the newcomers in 4 were well-rounded and acceptable, far too many shoo-ins were shrugged off and my hype began to taper around the Robin reveal. Ryu would've absolutely floored me and had me running around my room in an insane frenzy of joy but the leaks, the leaks.

Anyone else rewatch some of the trailers from time to time, and is anyone else sort of banking on this being the last huge thing they're wanting/expecting from this franchise?
I'm with you on characters. K. Rool is what I'm rooting for of course. If, somehow, they got Geno, I'd be floored. I also kind of want Snake back. Anyone else that I really want is probably too unlikely, or would just be "meh" to me.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Actually, since we're talking about remixes breaking some new ground here, guys ;w; and music and junk, what's your favorite underrated DKC tune? I never hear people talk about this one, and it's a crime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PehJpkjvJ2I Not even David Wise o_0
Eh, screw it, while I'm here, what's your favorite overall track from DKC? I....I'm so sorry Lockjaw's Saga. There's a new ringleader in town. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301s-GDML5w
first song sounds very Crash Bandicoot like

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Thank you for standing up for me! I appreciate it! :)
just to say man, be careful about where you post because if your posting about a character you want, on a thread of an another popular character that people want, your going to get salt thrown at you. Just to let you know lol

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman

The Little Mac trailer got me the most excited I have ever been for this game. It was just as exciting for me as the Sonic reveal for Brawl. I want that excitement again for King K. Rool.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What are the chances that we may get 2 DK stages, one being the Kongo Jungle Stage from Melee(the one with the waterfall and log platforms) and the other completely new? I mean, we already have 2 Mario stages for DLC afterall (Peach's Castle 64 and the new Mario Maker).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What are the chances that we may get 2 DK stages, one being the Kongo Jungle Stage from Melee(the one with the waterfall and log platforms) and the other completely new? I mean, we already have 2 Mario stages for DLC afterall (Peach's Castle 64 and the new Mario Maker).
I'd say slim-to-none. I don't think we'll get multiple DLC stages from the same franchise barring Mario, since, well, he's frickin' Mario, what more do you expect?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'd say slim-to-none. I don't think we'll get multiple DLC stages from the same franchise barring Mario, since, well, he's frickin' Mario, what more do you expect?
True but it's a thought. I hope it is a completely new DK stage though.

Also, here's a question for you all regarding K. Rool's voice in the games, do you prefer his voice in DK64 or the one from the tv show? and which would you have for him if he ever came back in the DK games? While I love K. Rool in the tv show, I feel he should go back with the DK64 voice as it sounds more evil and serious for the games but still has that funny charm to it at times.

Last edited:

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
king k.rool sure does have some Potential moves he could use in Super Smash Bros from the classic Donkey Kong Country games,Donkey Kong Land Games,and from Donkey Kong64 i like all of King K.Rool's alternate costumes but Kaptain K.Rool is the best costume i like the most his final smash would either be cannonball drop from the sky,the blast o matic,or grows huge like he did in DK Jungle Climber i think sakurai will just give him a unknown final smash he hasn't done before in the Donkey Kong Country series

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I was thinking if we get Wolf announced and a Star Fox Zero stage alongside him, dosnt that sound an awful lot like that rumor that popped up on Reddit a few weeks ago? The guy said Wolf with a Star Fox Zero stage, King K. Rool and Bomberman I believe.

I'm certain it was fake but it could deserve a second look if we do infact get Wolf with a SFZ stage announced. I guess we may find out in a couple weeks.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Krook's March is one of my favorite DKC tunes, yet I don't hear anyone talking about it.

D

Deleted member

Enchanted Woods/Forest Interlude was always a favorite of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
True but it's a thought. I hope it is a completely new DK stage though.

Also, here's a question for you all regarding K. Rool's voice in the games, do you prefer his voice in DK64 or the one from the tv show? and which would you have for him if he ever came back in the DK games? While I love K. Rool in the tv show, I feel he should go back with the DK64 voice as it sounds more evil and serious for the games but still has that funny charm to it at times.
I'd go with his menacing 64 voice, definitely.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
For remixes, I believe Lockjaw's Locker defiantly deserves a remix. It was awesome in TF, and I'm sure it be amazing in Smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In a Snow-Bound Land and Forest Interlude from DKC2, as well as Rockface Rumble and others from DKC3, are my favorite DKC tracks. I especially like the tracks from DKC3. They are just so atmospheric and ambient.

Mining Melancholy, Bayou Boogie, and Hot Head Bop are my favs from DKC2. Crocodile Cacophony and Dixie Beat are ones that need to get into Smash already; I wonder what the exchange rate is between those songs and a few Jungle Level remixes?

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Mining Melancholy, Bayou Boogie, and Hot Head Bop are my favs from DKC2. Crocodile Cacophony and Dixie Beat are ones that need to get into Smash already; I wonder what the exchange rate is between those songs and a few Jungle Level remixes?
If it were up to me, I would just keep the tribal remix and the Brawl ver. 2 remix and exchange the rest with any song from the trilogy or from the Return games. My personal underrated favorite are Flight of the Zinger and the Krazy Kremland music, I forgot how it's called :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom