• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
It's a screen of a stagelist that doesn't have the unlockable stages but does have the DLC ones. That's why the placement looks odd.

For everyone who's unlocked and bought every stage it'll probably go into the second page like the past DLC stages.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Nope. No Paper Mario option. The series, outside of Super Paper Mario, was never really known for it's platforming, and hell, even Super Paper Mario works much different from the likes of Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros.

New president of Nintendo, job opening for editing directs, and a Super Mario Maker stage for Smash Bros. happened.
I just want to tell that even though I did joked several time on wanting that, the reality is that spm tbh, wouldn't fit that well considering the reasons it's a cubic design: the flipping mechanics.

Idk it would just feel a bit weird.....

So I get why they didn't do it :)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's going to be like an eterinity until September 30th.

As if the wait for October 3rd wasn't enough.
Hah, more things to wait for that're all bunched up at the end of the month. :laugh: New Amiibos and Skylanders SuperChargers (the 3DS version of which is looking to be a very solid racer with more than a few shades of Diddy Kong Racing showing through) on September 25th, and now the Super Mario Maker Smash stage on the 30th, before the ballot's conclusion on October 3rd.

Still, it ought to be fun when it all lands!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Anyone else find it funny when people said that Tropical Freeze was "too new" to have content in Smash while Super Mario Maker is not even a week old?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's a screen of a stagelist that doesn't have the unlockable stages but does have the DLC ones. That's why the placement looks odd.

For everyone who's unlocked and bought every stage it'll probably go into the second page like the past DLC stages.
That's in the Japanese version of the trailer. In the English version, its already on the second page. It shows the updated lineup--Green Greens (or Dream Land 64? can't remember which) and Suzaku Castle are in the top row of two, Miiverse, Hyrule Castle, and Peach's Castle are in the middle row of three, and lastly the third row has room for two stages, with Super Mario Maker on the left and a blank spot on the right.

Anyone else find it funny when people said that Tropical Freeze was "too new" to have content in Smash while Super Mario Maker is not even a week old?
Its not entirely too new in a sense, but TF was made by Retro, located in the US, as opposed to Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World which were made in Japan.

EDIT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3l0exp/evidence_of_another_stage_coming_explanation_in/

This was posted in the official DLC Character Discussion Thread, but I'm reposting here.

Super Mario Maker is marked as stage_5.jpg. stage_4.jpg does not exist, while stage_1 is Dream Land 64, stage_2 is Hyrule Castle 64, and stage_3 is Peach's Castle 64.

Suzaku Castle is not marked as a solo stage. There's currently one stage missing, and its a standalone stage, so it won't be bundled with a character. Either its another returning stage, or its a new stage for a franchise already in game right now.

This also means that whatever character potentially gets added, its very likely NOT a character from a new franchise. It could still be K. Rool, they just won't bundle the stage with him. Which makes sense, because any stage he could potentially work on could also be used for any other character, so people may not want to be forced to buy him and the stage at the same time. (If its a stage associated with Rool, though, there may be a bundled option.)

Of course, it could just as easily be Kongo Jungle Melee.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Splatoon was -3 weeks old when the Inkling costumes were shown to boot, but it's more a case of regional differences in this case. Retro is a U.S. based studio, after all.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Thinking it over, if we did get a TF stage, I'd like it to be based on the ruined ships from Seashore War. Then it can be called Glacier Galleon and essentially be a frozen over Gangplank Galleon, so it'd involve both TF and Gangplank Galleon.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Nintendo just randomly decided to upload the video, no previous announcement. Can't wait to hear the music for that stage!
If the 3DS version doesn't have Mario Paint Medley on here, color me surprised.

Also for the additional stage, color me bias, but I feel it should be one of the Lighthouses from Golden Sun (+ Isaac). But I digress.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Thinking it over, if we did get a TF stage, I'd like it to be based on the ruined ships from Seashore War. Then it can be called Glacier Galleon and essentially be a frozen over Gangplank Galleon, so it'd involve both TF and Gangplank Galleon.
Knowing Sakurai it would probably be Jungle Hijinx again just with a frozen theme and ice physics. The music selection would be:

Jungle Theme: Samba/Latin/Mariachi Remix
Jungle Theme: Rock Remix
Jungle Theme: With Lyrics (Brentalfloss remix)
Jungle Theme: Country Remix
Jungle Japes (Donkey Kong 64) original
In a Snowbound Land (just because he likes to throw us that one rare bone).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Knowing Sakurai it would probably be Jungle Hijinx again just with a frozen theme and ice physics. The music selection would be:

I don't see them doing that again honestly. The fact is, Jungle Hijinxs is already in the game. I don't see them creating a new Jungle Hijinxs on TF. However, besides snow and ice, what other major theme is present during Tropical Freeze?

The Snowmad Armada, which is a series of ships, of which the flagship rests on top of the DK Isle Volcano.

That, honestly, would represent TF far better than just Homecoming Hijinxs. Especially since Homecoming Hijinxs is NOT the first stage of the game. We'll either get the first stage of the game, or a frozen ship level, IF we get a TF level at all. Personally, though, I think the most likely option is Kongo Jungle Melee.

New Kontent approaching??

We can only hope. :)
Its not a question anymore, there IS new content approaching. Super Mario Maker. And although its not been revealed, the Super Mario Maker reveal basically confirms a second stage will be released at the same time.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
That's in the Japanese version of the trailer. In the English version, its already on the second page. It shows the updated lineup--Green Greens (or Dream Land 64? can't remember which) and Suzaku Castle are in the top row of two, Miiverse, Hyrule Castle, and Peach's Castle are in the middle row of three, and lastly the third row has room for two stages, with Super Mario Maker on the left and a blank spot on the right.

Its not entirely too new in a sense, but TF was made by Retro, located in the US, as opposed to Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World which were made in Japan.

EDIT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3l0exp/evidence_of_another_stage_coming_explanation_in/

This was posted in the official DLC Character Discussion Thread, but I'm reposting here.

Super Mario Maker is marked as stage_5.jpg. stage_4.jpg does not exist, while stage_1 is Dream Land 64, stage_2 is Hyrule Castle 64, and stage_3 is Peach's Castle 64.

Suzaku Castle is not marked as a solo stage. There's currently one stage missing, and its a standalone stage, so it won't be bundled with a character. Either its another returning stage, or its a new stage for a franchise already in game right now.

This also means that whatever character potentially gets added, its very likely NOT a character from a new franchise. It could still be K. Rool, they just won't bundle the stage with him. Which makes sense, because any stage he could potentially work on could also be used for any other character, so people may not want to be forced to buy him and the stage at the same time. (If its a stage associated with Rool, though, there may be a bundled option.)

Of course, it could just as easily be Kongo Jungle Melee.
More exciting news! I hope this is true and I'm excited to see what we end up getting.

If your hypothesis is true, we could see Wolf if a character is getting in. Hoping for him or K. Rool obviously. I don't think a vet like Wolf would get a stage bundled with him regardless. So we could get Sector Z and Wolf, which would be a Star Fox love letter just before the Ballot ends.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I don't see them doing that again honestly. The fact is, Jungle Hijinxs is already in the game. I don't see them creating a new Jungle Hijinxs on TF. However, besides snow and ice, what other major theme is present during Tropical Freeze?
Giant fruit

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
So how would you guys react if King K.Rool was announced for both Smash AND Mario Tennis Ultra Slam? I mean the latter hasn't had anyone outside of the core cast announced, and they promised brand new players? also would you buy it

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Don't forget Jungle Level: Dubstep Version and Jungle Level: Screamo Version.

I think Homecoming Hijinx would be a pretty poor representation of TF because it's the exact level we already have, just with a coat of ice. It feels like a lot of outside observers just see the TF trailers and are like "Donkey Kong Island gets frozen for the plot...welp, better make Frozen DK Island a stage!" The icy galleon idea is an especially great alternative I haven't seen suggested anywhere else (it even has roots in the Seashore War level, which has amazing music to boot).

More exciting news! I hope this is true and I'm excited to see what we end up getting.

If your hypothesis is true, we could see Wolf if a character is getting in. Hoping for him or K. Rool obviously. I don't think a vet like Wolf would get a stage bundled with him regardless. So we could get Sector Z and Wolf, which would be a Star Fox love letter just before the Ballot ends.
If we're getting a character from a veteran series based on the leftover stage, it almost feels like it has to be Wolf or K. Rool, right? The only high-rankings alternatives I can think of would be Bandana Dee or Paper Mario, neither of which would likely come with a new or returning stage (since Kirby already has one, and Mario, two).

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So how would you guys react if King K.Rool was announced for both Smash AND Mario Tennis Ultra Slam? I mean the latter hasn't had anyone outside of the core cast announced, and they promised brand new players? also would you buy it
Be happy. Then be mad that he hasn't been in a DK game. And then back to happy.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm getting a migraine trying to compute how many times Jungle Level could be remixed.

Hopefully any new DK level is Kremling or Snowmad based. With K. Rool still as the playable character of course.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
The way the Super Mario Maker stage was revealed makes me feel like if a new character is coming soon, it'll be in an abrupt YouTube video upload. They still seem to be reorganizing the structure of management since Iwata's passing which could explain the lack of Directs.

MainJPW

M.T.A
The way the Super Mario Maker stage was revealed makes me feel like if a new character is coming soon, it'll be in an abrupt YouTube video upload. They still seem to be reorganizing the structure of management since Iwata's passing which could explain the lack of Directs.
Uploaded to YouTube randomly? They'd have to atleast make an announcement first.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Normally I would say that as well @ MainJPW MainJPW but given how unceremoniously Super Mario Maker blindsided us, I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

D

Deleted member

If they would announce a character whithout a Direct, they would do it in the same way they did it with Robin.
There's no way they would go like "actually you know what, screw directs and announcements, im going to post this brand new character randomly on Youtube"

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
After a long absence, I had to jump back on SmashBoards as soon as I saw an @AndreaAC art piece on the Kremling Kampaigner. Just gotta say Andrea, I love it!

D

Deleted member

If they would announce a character without a Direct, they would do it in the same way they did it with Robin.
There's no way they would go like "actually you know what, screw directs and announcements, im going to post this brand new character randomly on Youtube"
forgive me if i'm wrong but didn't they just do that with the stage? they might just advertise them on the main menu or the sleep mode thing.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So new president revealed

New stage revealed from mario maker

Update on the 30th

And now directs jsutngot confirmed still alive
(They won't be the same though.)

I SMELL A CHARACTER REVEAL SOON!

(Note not over optimistic about it yet but it looks that way though.)

D

Deleted member

forgive me if i'm wrong but didn't they just do that with the stage? they might just advertise them on the main menu or the sleep mode thing.
There's a big difference between revealing a character and a stage.

The hype that the Stages get are not that big of a deal compared to the Characters that get hype and praise.

Newcomers (and DLC characters in general) are always saved up for special moments like Directs unlike stages or the non-DLC veterans that were revealed after E3 2013. (since most of them were revealed on POTD with the exceptions of Sonic, Shiek, ZSS, Yoshi, Charizard and Captain Falcon)

If you have a hype character like K.Rool, the smartest option would be a good build up like beign revealed on a Direct or on a special character stream like how Robin got revealed, not beign confimed all of the sudden.

EDIT: Oh dear, they confirmed that Nintendo Directs are still a thing?
Yep, that Seals the Deal for me, now im confident that we are getting a Direct sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
There's a big difference between revealing a character and a stage.

The hype that the Stages get are not that big of a deal compared to the Characters that get hype and praise.

Newcomers (and DLC characters in general) are always saved up for special moments like Directs unlike stages or the non-DLC veterans that were revealed after E3 2013. (since most of them were revealed on POTD with the exceptions of Sonic, Shiek, ZSS, Yoshi, Charizard and Captain Falcon)

If you have a hype character like K.Rool, the smartest option would be a good build up like beign revealed on a Direct or on a special character stream like how Robin got revealed, not beign confimed all of the sudden.

EDIT: Oh dear, they confirmed that Nintendo Directs are still a thing?
Yep, that Seals the Deal for me, im now confident that we are getting a Direct sooner or later.
Then again they did reveal Pac-Man (and I believe WFT the year before) without a livestream... though that's because they were shown live to a group of journalists at E3.

I'm hoping for a new contents livestream similar to the June one soon. There are some things I think should be talked about, such as more details on the Super Mario Maker stage, show the Lucas amiibo which I'd expect to release before the end of 2015 considering he's a costume in SMM at launch, and talk about the ballot which is going to end soon. I think this stage was announced as an confirmation that a new update is indeed coming (remember that we had nothing to wait for until this announcement) and the rest of what's coming is going to be revealed later.

Last edited:

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
I don't know why there is so many people voting for King K. Rool. I do not think he would fit n Smash. I want Tails the Fox to be in Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Normally I would say that as well @ MainJPW MainJPW but given how unceremoniously Super Mario Maker blindsided us, I wouldn't put it past them at this point.
And how they unceremoniously dumped the single most iconic game character of all time (Pac-Man narrowly edged out Mario in a recent survey IIRC) on the website after revealing him to the press behind closed doors.

The way I see it, there's a small chance that, if there are more pre-ballot characters left, or even characters they took from the ballot who didn't actually rank highly and don't qualify as "hype," they could be dumped on YouTube.

But if it's a high-ranking ballot character that they want all eyes upon as part of the payoff of a major promotional event, they'll put that character in a Direct for sure. (This is where K. Rool resides, naturally)

I don't know why there is so many people voting for King K. Rool. I do not think he would fit n Smash. I want Tails the Fox to be in Smash.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I'm giving your post a pity like cause I felt sorry for your novice level trolling

Last edited:
Top Bottom