• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
WHAAAAAAAAATTTTT????!!!!! Um... did we miss something? I don't recall any direct whats so ever! 0.0
No, they just randomly revealed it.

Unfortunately this is fake, the real Mario Maker would stay true to the source material and not have any sloped platforms :troll:
That's because the REAL Mario Maker is getting slopes soon. Or so I'm assuming. :D

Uzume

Orange Heart
Theres no way this is going to be an update to just add a single stage and nothing else, calling it now, either Wolf or a Newcomer will be added.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Theres no way this is going to be an update to just add a single stage and nothing else, calling it now, either Wolf or a Newcomer will be added.
Its Mario Maker though. Nintendo is kinda worshipping that game lol so I wouldn't be suprised if that's it.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
No, they just randomly revealed it.

That's because the REAL Mario Maker is getting slopes soon. Or so I'm assuming. :D
Thats how it should be done. If it was a leak then it be cool. But because we didn't see it coming, its more hyped. Also this does confirm that they are making new content. How much you want to bet their making new characters right now lol

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
The recent conversation and the confidence gained from the SourceGaming observations leads me to touch on an uncomfortable subject: What if K. Rool is not DLC?

I think it is important for everyone to seriously consider this outcome and contemplate their reaction.

Firstly, as others have noted, character support groups are coalitions of people. That is, support groups are formed when individuals with varied backgrounds and interests unite to support a character they share in common. Inevitably, this means that despite a shared interest in K. Rool, individual tastes will differ. While some may be tried of "anime" characters, others might want more. To sustain this coalition and to respect other K. Rool fans, I think it is important to keep these differences in mind when we share negative comments about other characters, other series, or the game itself. This does not mean you should not be able to express dissatisfaction with any aspect of the game -- our individual differences deserve respect, too. Instead, this just means you should be thoughtful about what you say and how you say it. In addition to expressing your opinion, your goals should also include minimizing harm.

Secondly, appearances can be used strategically. We are one of the most visited threads in the Smash Bros community -- we are more-or-less K. Rool's "headquarters". Whatever happens with the DLC, we will receive visitors curious about our reaction. If K. Rool is not included, many will visit or lurk this topic just to see the "meltdowns". We should not give them the show they want to see. If you plan on throwing a tantrum or consider it appropriate to do so, reconsider. Not only does it make the rest of us feel uncomfortable, but it also alienates potentially sympathetic ears. While it is justifiable to be upset or even angry if K. Rool is not included, think carefully about how you express this discontent -- vitriol or melodramatic passive aggressiveness does not persuade anyone to our cause. Remember that many sympathetic ears are not as invested in K. Rool's appearance as we are; overzealous negativity can be a easy reason to dismiss our complaints.

My suggestion is to let an emotional post simmer, even overnight. Re-read your thoughts the next day and evaluate the content and style of your message. Consider the following questions: Are you respectfully explaining the reasons that K. Rool's exclusion was a poor decision? Are you remarks unreasonably uncharitable toward Sakurai and the development team? Is your language unnecessarily inflammatory?
Effective communication requires people to actually listen to you. People are less likely to listen to you if your substantive thoughts and their presentation suggest you are mostly interested in hearing yourself monologue. Framing your emotions as a "disappointment" can be a particularly effective way of moderating your tone.

Finally, consider that even if you are respectful, there will be people that will refuse to return the favor. If K. Rool is not added as DLC, expect to see condescension and rudeness from random jerks in this forum and elsewhere. This does not mean it is pointless to be civil -- random jerks aren't our only audience. Consequently, even if vitriol is only directed at those spouting it themselves, vitriol in itself "muddles" our image. When two people are flinging mud at each other, many won't care to discern who "started" the exchange. The best we can do, then, is to keep ourselves as "clean" as possible. This is not a "turn the other cheek" philosophy, however. We can and probably should use this to skewer those who try to bully us. Remaining as "clean" as possible allows us to do so by calling out other people's unreasonable behavior. This would not go unused: as many of you know, support groups are not the only ones with the possibility to breed extreme reactions. There is a significant portion of the community that will react with hostility if the game is criticized at all. Taking the "high ground" is probably the most effective tool against these people, as many of these individuals seem convinced that they own this realm simply because they only have positive things to say about the game.

To summarize, be as thoughtful as you can about the things you say in this thread. Imagine K. Rool's exclusion now so that you are prepared if it actually happens later. I have tried my best to do so, too. Note that I still think K. Rool is a likely inclusion. But it is important to think about all possibilities and prepare oneself accordingly.
Ironically, I just randomly popped in here and saw this post. Just want to say this is true for every community and we should all strive for this standard. "Nice post" basically.

These are all things I remind the people around me of too in the communities I frequent. We all may have different ideas about what we want, but really we all just want different flavors of the same thing. We can all relate to each other and it's worth it to recognize that and be thoughtful of others. By being a good representative of the character you support, you improve how people feel about your community and even your character. You're not stealing votes or anything, but you at least improve the chance that people will want you to be happy too. I think that kind of camaraderie can bridge the character communities. And when we invest at least a little in the happiness of others, we're more likely to at least be a little happy even if we don't get exactly what we want. Plus, when you think about it, getting any DLC for this game is just awesome and anytime someone complains about extra content it is a little silly you have to admit.

D

Deleted member

Guys...

1.Nintendo just announced the new president. (who will likely appear at Nintendo Directs)
2.We got a Smash stage revealed. It could be just a tease of what's to come like Lucas was in April.
3.September 30th and October 3rd (the end of the Ballot) both happen ON THE SAME WEEK.

This is getting really suspicious for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Remeber the last update? Just 2 stages and Mii costumes.
AND TOURNAMENT MODE. That's a pretty damn big thing there you missed. Without a new game mode, this update will have to have a character as well.

Thats how it should be done. If it was a leak then it be cool. But because we didn't see it coming, its more hyped. Also this does confirm that they are making new content. How much you want to bet their making new characters right now lol
Sakurai practically confirmed it when he said "the next several characters will be fanservice."

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, assuming we get new characters with the Mario Maker stage (Which I'm betting we will.), do you think they'll be pre, or post ballot characters? Do you think they'd mix them? (Maybe do a veteran or two, and a ballot character, with more ballot characters coming later?)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
NEW STAGE
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

where did that come from?!?!

I said all stages and characters to a T so time to add another stage.

And i love it

A stage maker stage but in mario maker and its almost random everytime.

So update for september 30th

What will be added

And before you say no characters

Correct me if im wrong but i think its only 3 days from the winners being unmasked

Nope i think 1 of the winners will be in this update.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, assuming we get new characters with the Mario Maker stage (Which I'm betting we will.), do you think they'll be pre, or post ballot characters? Do you think they'd mix them? (Maybe do a veteran or two, and a ballot character, with more ballot characters coming later?)
Technically pre, but they'd probably do something to promote ballot characters since the ballot finishes immediately after. So I do think they'd release a character who is popular in the ballot.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Guys...

1.Nintendo just announced the new president. (who will likely appear at Nintendo Directs)
2.We got a Smash stage revealed. It could be just a tease of what's to come like Lucas was in April.
3.September 30th and October 3rd (the end of the Ballot) both happen ON THE SAME WEEK.

This is getting really suspicious for me.
Not to mention that I have been the only nut who thought "The new president Tatsumi Kimishima. His last name starts with a K. From now on his new name is Tatsumi K. Rool".

By the way, weird how everyone is talking here about the new stage that barely has anything to do with K. Rool. But its just good to hear about the Smash dev team again.
Lets hope the next announcement from them is a "Karacter" reveal.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
It's really refreshing to hear about something new regarding Smash, even if it's not regarding K. Rool.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... Where is that @bananija fellow to post anime gifs that can accurately describe my hype and euphoria?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just realized something about mario maker.

Isn't there a paper mario option?

If they're is woulden't that give paper mario quite a bit of edge and also hint him as one of the winners.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just realized something about mario maker.

Isn't there a paper mario option?

If they're is woulden't that give paper mario quite a bit of edge and also hint him as one of the winners.
Nope. No Paper Mario option. The series, outside of Super Paper Mario, was never really known for it's platforming, and hell, even Super Paper Mario works much different from the likes of Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros.
Wait why are we hyped? Did something happen? I have been gone...since last week.
New president of Nintendo, job opening for editing directs, and a Super Mario Maker stage for Smash Bros. happened.

Last edited:

CharlieSolark

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXSolarkXx
3DS FC
0259-0796-7972
AND TOURNAMENT MODE. That's a pretty damn big thing there you missed. Without a new game mode, this update will have to have a character as well."
Oh yeah, kinda forgot about that mode since there's no Tournament Mode on 3DS, my bad.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; We got ourselves something to talk about with that Mario Maker stage and the September 30th release date! Awesome! I've gotta wonder if they'll release any characters on that day or announce some characters before the 30th. Either way, let's hope we get something else before the Mario Maker stage is released.:4kirby:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's going to be like an eterinity until September 30th.

As if the wait for October 3rd wasn't enough.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It's going to be like an eterinity until September 30th.

As if the wait for October 3rd wasn't enough.
Well, September 30th is 3 days shorter then October 30th, so its less of an eternity in terms of waiting. Don't worry, we'll be there soon. Just gotta push through these next 16 days (15 depending on your timezone). :p

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, it definitely bodes well for more content.

I just hope Nintendo is keen to spell "kontent" with a K...~ ;3

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
HOLY NEW STAGE BATMAN

Literally "Came out of No Where"

So this is Lucas's home stage, eh?

Let's hope for even more content on the 30th! Even if not, I still get a seemingly randomized stage to play on to diversify this crummy 3DS stage lineup until October 3rd. I actually love the idea of the randomized stage. Screw competitiveness. This stage looks insanely fun for the occasional Nintendo throwdown.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
HOLY NEW STAGE BATMAN

Literally "Came out of No Where"

So this is Lucas's home stage, eh?

Let's hope for even more content on the 30th! Even if not, I still get a seemingly randomized stage to play on to diversify this crummy 3DS stage lineup until October 3rd. I actually love the idea of the randomized stage. Screw competitiveness. This stage looks insanely fun for the occasional Nintendo throwdown.
Actually you might need to think about it.

A new nintendo present got unmasked

A new smash bros stage out of no where

The update is on the 30th, 3 days before the ballot ends.

Its time for a new direct very soon time to see are winners.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I wonder if after this long drought of no Smash throughout August and (up until now) September, I wonder if they're going to absolutely blow us away this October. That Super Mario Maker stage alone looks sick, and I'm so glad it's not a Wii U exclusive. I hope it's just as randomized as the Wii U version. I'd be insanely bitter if it wasn't.

After a month and a half of being dead in its tracks, the Smash DLC hype train reignites the engines and is full steam ahead!

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm glad this Smash ballot is coming to an end. Even though It's given a chance for K. Rool, who I whole-heartedly cry for, overall I can't say the smash ballot was a "good", "happy", "positive" gaming venture in the community thus far. If you take into account ALL the hate that went on during. But there was some good, I think we were one of the good parts? Maybe. :)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm glad this Smash ballot is coming to an end. Even though It's given a chance for K. Rool, who I whole-heartedly cry for, overall I can't say the smash ballot was a "good", "happy", "positive" gaming venture in the community thus far. If you take into account ALL the hate that went on during. But there was some good, I think we were one of the good parts? Maybe. :)
Even if K. Rool isn't playable, our efforts weren't for nothing. K. Rool DID get a Mii Costume, which is more than the other contenders got, and it is very likely K. Rool and the Kremlings will return to DKCR with Retro's backing us now, which was this movement's original goal.

If he is playable, I'm sure we'll look back on the whole journey fondly.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I noticed something in the Mario Maker trailer: They skipped over the stage select full screen very quickly, but when I paused the video to look, it seemed that the Mario Maker stage looked really out of place in terms of placement on the map select screen. Maybe this means we'll get more stages on the 30th to balance out the symmetry of the map screen. Stages for newcomers? veterans? 64/Melee/Brawl stages? Only time will tell.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I noticed something in the Mario Maker trailer: They skipped over the stage select full screen very quickly, but when I paused the video to look, it seemed that the Mario Maker stage looked really out of place in terms of placement on the map select screen. Maybe this means we'll get more stages on the 30th to balance out the symmetry of the map screen. Stages for newcomers? veterans? 64/Melee/Brawl stages? Only time will tell.
I noticed it too.

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!

Top Bottom