• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
He's so reliable, that he rightfully stated that Devil's Third was rejected by NoA...and caused fan backlash to persuade them to change their minds.
Companies don't drop publishing plans, then suddenly pick them up again because of what a few people on the internet said. It doesn't work like that.

EDIT: And of course, never mind the fact that NoA never announced they were dropping it, and then within the span of a few days it was said to have been dropped by them, then signed by someone else who was never named, then back with NoA again. Like I said, it just doesn't work like that, and the legal hurdles involved can't just be chopped and changed back and forth like that in the span of a mere few days.

EDIT:

He also made them make the NX powerful, maybe he's secretly an employee?
Never mind, I think I might have simply misunderstood some sarcasm... Pardon me, please.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm a bit worried. He got a bunch of incoherent and general responses (next month, October, late November) plus one from @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , claiming "one character before August, released in September, then one more in November, then no more." He claims "one person guessed correctly," and it may be the pessimist in me, but I have a hunch that he did.

Which could explain K. Rool hypothetically getting passed over. If there's two spots left and Wolf usurps one by default, Sakurai may choose someone he wants to develop instead of someone we want him to develop.

I hope we find clarity here soon.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I'm a bit worried. He got a bunch of incoherent and general responses (next month, October, late November) plus one from @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , claiming "one character before August, released in September, then one more in November, then no more." He claims "one person guessed correctly," and it may be the pessimist in me, but I have a hunch that he did.

Which could explain K. Rool hypothetically getting passed over. If there's two spots left and Wolf usurps one by default, Sakurai may choose someone he wants to develop instead of someone we want him to develop.

There also seems to be TWO slots left in the data....

Hey we put a lot of effort on that Daisy thread!

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please explain me what's happening like if I were a 7 years old? I'm very confused...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
There also seems to be TWO slots left in the data....

Hey we put a lot of effort on that Daisy thread!
On the other hand, on the eShop is a "Fighter Bundle #1", containing four fighters and one stage. This would imply a "Fighter Bundle #2" with the same amount of content will show up as well, going on not only all of the other bundles, but also on the fact that Mario Kart 8's DLC packs also each contained equal amounts of content.

There being equal amounts of content in each bundle is also already proven true multiple times over by Smash's own current offerings, as well - Mii Fighter Costume Bundles #2 and #3 each contain 15 costume pieces each, and Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #1 contains 14 costume pieces (which is so near-identical as to not rule it out).

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

Lets say this is true, and wolf part included, who do you guys think it will be? If it is only one more, I feel Sakurai won't make K. Rool for the reason that there is one slot left and he just made a costume for that character.

Damn, this is becoming scary almost...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry, I'm still thinking there's 4 characters left until further notice. With the Fighter Bundle #1 in the eShop, I don't believe we're only getting two characters left, with Wolf being one of them. (And even then, if there ARE only two characters left, I DO NOT believe Wolf will be one of them.)

Lets say this is true, and wolf part included, who do you guys think it will be? If it is only one more, I feel Sakurai won't make K. Rool for the reason that there is one slot left and he just made a costume for that character.

Damn, this is becoming scary almost...
I blatantly disagree. I think it would be K. Rool. There is no more "fan service-y" character than K. Rool out there. (And even then, I don't think Wolf will be one of the two characters if there are only two left.)

Obviously another KI character. :troll:

EDIT: But I'm still predicting that we're getting 4 characters. It would be stupid to have a ballot and then create only one character based on the suggestions.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I could plausibly see "JUST" three characters if making new characters is that hard. If the second bundle comes with two newcomers and each has a stage, and Wolf is present as well, I think that's enough to fill in a "Character Bundle #2."

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, an update, @ PushDustIn PushDustIn did not guess correctly, looking at the tweets' time stamps. He tweeted his guess almost four hours after Dr. Cupcake said "someone guessed right." In fact, Cupcake's initial post and post about "correct guess" were just three minutes apart...2:51 a.m. to 2:54 a.m. on my account.

The answer is one of the following:

--At latest in November, at earliest early next month
--Mid-October
--Today!
--A week or two after 10/3
--January
--Hopefully in the next month or two
--Late September/early October
--Goku

So, that narrows it down the slightest bit from "no effing idea" to "sometime in the next year and a third." Crisis averted (for now) about two slots left.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

I guessed after Tamaki said someone guessed correctly. I was going off someone who said today.

Tamaki is now saying that some information is soon. If that's the case I'm guessing it'll be revealed 3 PM or so, Japan time (8 hours after this post. I should be sleeping X.X)as that's when the costumes were revealed.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Well, an update, @ PushDustIn PushDustIn did not guess correctly, looking at the tweets' time stamps. He tweeted his guess almost four hours after Dr. Cupcake said "someone guessed right." In fact, Cupcake's initial post and post about "correct guess" were just three minutes apart...2:51 a.m. to 2:54 a.m. on my account.

The answer is one of the following:

--At latest in November, at earliest early next month
--Mid-October
--Today!
--A week or two after 10/3
--January
--Hopefully in the next month or two
--Late September/early October
--Goku

So, that narrows it down the slightest bit from "no effing idea" to "sometime in the next year and a third." Crisis averted (for now) about two slots left.
This must mean Goku is confirmed and will be released 8 separate times over the course of a year! :troll:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I guessed after Tamaki said someone guessed correctly. I was going off someone who said today.

Tamaki is now saying that some information is soon. If that's the case I'm guessing it'll be revealed 3 PM or so, Japan time (8 hours after this post. I should be sleeping X.X)as that's when the costumes were revealed.
Why do you think they're announcing something today/tomorrow

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Why do you think they're announcing something today/tomorrow
No particular reason. It's been a while since the next set of content has been unknown. In order to keep people interested in DLC, it's probably best not to leave everyone in the dark for so long. I've been saying end of August for new news for awhile now. That's why I published the preliminary data for Japanese ballot research, I feel some news is imminent. September is also a possibility, but I feel it's starting to push it.

It looks like Directs aren't happening this month (probably need time to reorganize) as they released a ton of information on Twitter. I'm not sure if Sakurai will just drop a picture on Twitter or announce a video like they did with Robin/ Captain Falcon/ Lucina.

Edit: the fighter pack #1 doesn't matter. In Japan it's labeled as fighter Park 1-2. (fighter pack 1 was only Mewtwo). Those packs are made by NoE and NoA and are not indications of the development. (grumble grumble Hyrule Warriors characters being bundled with maps in the West).

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
No particular reason. It's been a while since the next set of content has been unknown. In order to keep people interested in DLC, it's probably best not to leave everyone in the dark for so long. I've been saying end of August for new news for awhile now. That's why I published the preliminary data for Japanese ballot research, I feel some news is imminent. September is also a possibility, but I feel it's starting to push it.

It looks like Directs aren't happening this month (probably need time to reorganize) as they released a ton of information on Twitter. I'm not sure if Sakurai will just drop a picture on Twitter or announce a video like they did with Robin/ Captain Falcon/ Lucina.
The guy who tweeted that someone just guessed right just tweeted that he was going to leak something

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I exactly believe this guy, but either way, whatever he says will definitely make the internet go insane (even something as bad as the K. Rool leak with trophy model did).

My opinion on third parties is that they shouldn't be part of the ballot, honestly. Not to insult any of the fans of these characters, but they should not take precedence over one of Nintendo's greatest villains. Seriously, I don't really care who gets in after K. Rool (except for Marx from Kirby but I doubt that will actually happen). King K. Rool actually deserves this slot (there are at least 5 tropes (like heavyweight and DK character) that K. Rool fills) and if someone like Shovel Knight gets in first, then this isn't a game celebrating Nintendo's favorite all-stars. To be honest, I hated Snake's inclusion (Sonic was OK because of history). The only 3rd party I see being acceptable is Banjo Kazooie because, at one point, they were referred to as Nintendo characters.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
>I'll tell everyone who I think is the next Smash Bros character
"who i think"
he doesn't know he just thinks he knows.
Yeah like I said adding in the NintenZone, "think" isn't a good sign. I wrote who I "think" will be the next newcomer.

I'm going to wait until I see what research he's done before making my final judgement on Tamaki. He did leak the Hyrule Warriors 3DS trailer a full week early. Dudes got sources. We just need to figure out if he's Trolling/ been fed misinformation.

If his research is just reading Source Gaming...I'm going to laugh.

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I'm taking "Shrek has a better chance than K. Rool" to mean K. Rool is internally deconfirmed more than him being all "hurr durr Shrek is a meme hehe".

Then again he wouldn't remotely hint at confirming or deconfirming anyone, merely deflect. Which is what he's doing.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Believe what thou wilt.

I was on board with it up until he started to screw with his followers.

Top Bottom