• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

You know, im not believing that idiot unless he has actual proof of his statements.

He may have been reliable in the past, but so was Sal Romano (and you know how well that turned out).

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
His reasoning: "He's a costume and I haven't heard anything about him being playable."

I guess that's confirms it, everyone! No K. Rool!

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I hope this guy is wrong...saying Shrek has a better chance than King K. Rool...don't make me laugh...what a prick..

He apparently thinks so because he is already a costume and haven't heard anything of him. Doesn't seem very convicing to me.

Also, some of the comments... :facepalm:

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Check out Kirbopher's video blog on his memories of DKC. I can relate to making up stories for the characters as a kid.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah like I said adding in the NintenZone, "think" isn't a good sign. I wrote who I "think" will be the next newcomer.

I'm going to wait until I see what research he's done before making my final judgement on Tamaki. He did leak the Hyrule Warriors 3DS trailer a full week early. Dudes got sources. We just need to figure out if he's Trolling/ been fed misinformation.

If his research is just reading Source Gaming...I'm going to laugh.
Yeah, but... the Hyrule Warriors Legends trailer was just left unlisted on KT's Youtube, it wasn't even Private. Google can potentially find those kinds of things (which is why if you have a page you don't want on Google, even if its unlisted anywhere, you HAVE to disable bots; I'm into web development and we always do this).

You know, im not believing that idiot unless he has actual proof of his statements.

He may have been reliable in the past, but so was Sal Romano (and you know how well that turned out).
He's got mixed reliability. Unseen 64 is more with digging up prototypes. They "leaked" a few remasters for next-gen consoles (everything was being remastered, they could've lucky guessed that), and stated they were certain the NX would not compete with PS4 power-wise (even though now several devs are talking about porting PS4 games to NX), and that NoA wasn't publishing Devil's Third.

I don't think they have sources, they just follow online leaks and guess things for future content.

His reasoning: "He's a costume and I haven't heard anything about him being playable."

I guess that's confirms it, everyone! No K. Rool!
"I haven't heard anything about him being playable" can just as easily mean "I haven't heard any leaks that mention him."

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I don't know if I exactly believe this guy, but either way, whatever he says will definitely make the internet go insane (even something as bad as the K. Rool leak with trophy model did).

My opinion on third parties is that they shouldn't be part of the ballot, honestly. Not to insult any of the fans of these characters, but they should not take precedence over one of Nintendo's greatest villains. Seriously, I don't really care who gets in after K. Rool (except for Marx from Kirby but I doubt that will actually happen). King K. Rool actually deserves this slot (there are at least 5 tropes (like heavyweight and DK character) that K. Rool fills) and if someone like Shovel Knight gets in first, then this isn't a game celebrating Nintendo's favorite all-stars. To be honest, I hated Snake's inclusion (Sonic was OK because of history). The only 3rd party I see being acceptable is Banjo Kazooie because, at one point, they were referred to as Nintendo characters.
While I do believe Nintendo should have 1st party should be considered first, and that K. Rool should definitely get in, having a third party get in before him wouldn't do anything to this game. Would I like am. Rool more? Of course. However, this game was never about celebrating Nintendo All Stars, unless of course Ness, Falcon, Jiggs, and Marth were all stars at the time of their inclusion. All stars I feel is just a marketing title.

But I do agree with you that the asking has so many things going for him that he honestly should get in.
Sorry, I'm still thinking there's 4 characters left until further notice. With the Fighter Bundle #1 in the eShop, I don't believe we're only getting two characters left, with Wolf being one of them. (And even then, if there ARE only two characters left, I DO NOT believe Wolf will be one of them.)

I blatantly disagree. I think it would be K. Rool. There is no more "fan service-y" character than K. Rool out there. (And even then, I don't think Wolf will be one of the two characters if there are only two left.)
i don't know. Your logic is definitely correct, but that doesn't mean the devs will see it the same way. K. Rool obviously fits the whole fan service appeal, but that doesn't mean if there really are only two characters left, that K. Rool is for sure a lock. I won't be a pessimist because I love being optimistic, but there's no telling who they'll pick. It's like if they pick Dixie over the King. While other than the "relevance argument," K. Rool has just about every possible edge on Dixie, but I wouldn't put it pass them to include Dixie over the King. Would it make sense? From an "all characters are fan service" way? Probably not. But popularity alone doesn't guarantee a spot as we're all aware. So while logically I feel K. Rool would be an ideal choice, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't picked instead of someone else.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Some people do believe that Sal Romano was 100% correct.

I found the Rhythm Heaven Emblem data in the Wii U data and Sakurai has said stuff that points to Chrom being on the roster at some point.

But yeah, don't believe him until he shows his proof. He has a respectable track record, so I'm at least going to entertain him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While I do believe Nintendo should have 1st party should be considered first, and that K. Rool should definitely get in, having a third party get in before him wouldn't do anything to this game. Would I like am. Rool more? Of course. However, this game was never about celebrating Nintendo All Stars, unless of course Ness, Falcon, Jiggs, and Marth were all stars at the time of their inclusion. All stars I feel is just a marketing title.

But I do agree with you that the asking has so many things going for him that he honestly should get in.

i don't know. Your logic is definitely correct, but that doesn't mean the devs will see it the same way. K. Rool obviously fits the whole fan service appeal, but that doesn't mean if there really are only two characters left, that K. Rool is for sure a lock. I won't be a pessimist because I love being optimistic, but there's no telling who they'll pick. It's like if they pick Dixie over the King. While other than the "relevance argument," K. Rool has just about every possible edge on Dixie, but I wouldn't put it pass them to include Dixie over the King. Would it make sense? From an "all characters are fan service" way? Probably not. But popularity alone doesn't guarantee a spot as we're all aware. So while logically I feel K. Rool would be an ideal choice, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't picked instead of someone else.
I'm not saying K. Rool would be a lock, but I do think he's the most likely choice.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I'm not saying K. Rool would be a lock, but I do think he's the most likely choice.
Understandable. He's definitely likely, and everyone seems to be aware of his popularity. I just hope this all pays off for everyone here. Especial knowing that not everybody can be pleased.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Geeze. Guy needs some lessons in class. But I guess being civil comes second to being an lolXDkappa-meme-lord.

He's given no reasoning other than the arguments we've already known about the Mii costumes. Pay him no mind for now.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
"enjoy my good friend shulk!"
Touché. I think the leaker had only access to Pre development information (before Sakurai joined the team after Kid Icarus). The enjoy my friend Shulk bit was just guessing / cockiness from the leaker.

I've written my full thoughts here:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/24/gematsuleak1/
@TheAnvil debated with me.

Anyhow, I wouldn't take K Rool as 100% deconfirmed until the ballot is 100% over. Just be aware he has some issues and he isn't a "lock". None of the characters are.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If this is a means to keep his depression at bay, fair go, but it he comes out and justifies his abrasion with the credo "I'm depressed guys", I'm going to smack him.

Anywho, back to our regularly-scheduled K. Rool speculation for now. I must ask, since the topic has been so intensely broached, when do we expect the next update to occur?

After the kostume kontroversy, I expect it will be sometime next month before Sakurai drips out any new info.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Touché. I think the leaker had only access to Pre development information (before Sakurai joined the team after Kid Icarus). The enjoy my friend Shulk bit was just guessing / cockiness from the leaker.

Anyhow, I wouldn't take K Rool as 100% deconfirmed until the ballot is 100% over. Just be aware he has some issues and he isn't a "lock". None of the characters are.
I don't think he's a lock either. Personally I think he's among the more likely ones, but I definitely don't think he's a lock.

If this is a means to keep his depression at bay, fair go, but it he comes out and justifies his abrasion with the credo "I'm depressed guys", I'm going to smack him.

Anywho, back to our regularly-scheduled K. Rool speculation for now. I must ask, since the topic has been so intensely broached, when do we expect the next update to occur?

After the kostume kontroversy, I expect it will be sometime next month before Sakurai drips out any new info.
I would normally say October, but September is honestly looking pretty likely right now, and I can not see Wolf being released in September. He'd probably be released in November.

I also don't think they'd skip characters this time around, either, because there's nothing else they have to be released unless they patch tournaments.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
At this rate I honestly expect the next update to be in October once the ballot ends. Hopefully we'll get news either on September 13 or October 3 to commemorate the 1-year anniversary of Smash 4. As to what it might contain...
Why of course the next update info will start with a Ridley costume
The kinda obvious Mii Wave 4 costumes, perhaps a new stage and a little tease of who will be the next DLC character to get back to speculating once again.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
When is Pax? And what are the possibilities of just any character reveal there?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
When is Pax? And what are the possibilities of just any character reveal there?
PAX Prime is this weekend. There's likely a slim chance of a character reveal unless they plan to release another character in September and have no other time to announce it. Plus, Smash is there under "upcoming titles," which is weird unless they maybe plan to announce new content.

Personally I'm not expecting much.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
With SF0 having a release date now, we have a good chance of getting a potential Wolf in November. I wouldn't be surprised if next month we get Wolf teased for November, and then get a hidden character as well like what (was supposed to have) happened with Lucas and Royu.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
PAX Prime is this weekend. There's likely a slim chance of a character reveal unless they plan to release another character in September and have no other time to announce it. Plus, Smash is there under "upcoming titles," which is weird unless they maybe plan to announce new content.

Personally I'm not expecting much.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

In regards to the bolded part, you mean Tamaki, right?

Well, I do not know much of this guy, but I won't believe what he says immediately after he shares his thoughts. I won't believe it until an official announcement confirms that.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
In regards to the bolded part, you mean Tamaki, right?

Well, I do not know much of this guy, but I won't believe what he says immediately after he shares his thoughts. I won't believe it until an official announcement confirms that.
No I mean Sal's source for the Gematsu leaks.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
They've got sources. Best to wait and see what article he ends up putting out. He seems confident.

This week got interesting.
If you say so. I guess I can trust him a bit more, but far from completely. The end of the week better be worth it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was onboard with this guy at first, considering he's been accurate about cut game content before, but then came the one-two punch of him saying "K. Rool and Snake have probably zero chance" and claiming that he'd give "who he thinks" the character is. Couple that with him being hit or miss on actual future game releases and I say he needs to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk with legitimate evidence or sources before we pay him any more attention.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Okay, got it. So what about this guy, Tamaki? Can he be trusted?
I'm Willing to give him the time of the day because he's had legit information in the past. However, wait to see his information before making a final judgement. He said who he "thinks" which might indicate he's not confident about his information.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm Willing to give him the time of the day because he's had legit information in the past. However, wait to see his information before making a final judgement. He said who he "thinks" which might indicate he's not confident about his information.
If you say so. Well, time to wait for the end of the week for me.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So this is happening? If so is it tomorrow or on Friday?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I not going to be surprised if this ends up like that leak on GameFarts GameFaqs.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Malstrom, anybody remember him? This isn't one of those right?

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Edit: the fighter pack #1 doesn't matter. In Japan it's labeled as fighter Park 1-2. (fighter pack 1 was only Mewtwo). Those packs are made by NoE and NoA and are not indications of the development. (grumble grumble Hyrule Warriors characters being bundled with maps in the West).
Huh, I had no idea the bundles were labeled differently in Japan. That's good to know. I guess it just makes it even less clear how many DLC fighters we'll get. How many ballot fighters do you think there will be?

By the way, I'm a big fan of all of the translation work that you and the other people at Source Gaming do. Keep up the good work.
I also don't think they'd skip characters this time around, either, because there's nothing else they have to be released unless they patch tournaments.
I agree that if we get an update announcement, odds are it's going to include a character reveal. I guess there's a chance that we'll just get mii costumes and stages again, but last time that happened Sakurai mentioned the two Smash 64 stages before we got them and tourney mode was added to the game, so a smaller announcement seems a bit less likely to me. I could be totally off though, I find it hard to predict this stuff, especially after that K. Rool mii costume which I totally didn't expect.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
and claiming that he'd give "who he thinks" the character is.
I had a feeling this would come up again. I take it you're referring to this tweet.
I'll tell everyone who I think is the next Smash Bros character by the end of the week.
Now some people would read this and think that this means he's not sure who the ballot character is.

There are other ways to interpret it. Based on his tweets we can infer:
  • There's more than one ballot character.
  • He doesn't think K.Rool is in.
  • Since he hasn't heard anything about K. Rool being playable, that would mean he knows the identity of these alleged characters.
So when he says "who do you think is the next Smash Bros character" then that could mean that he knows the characters, but doesn't actually know who is next to be revealed.

Still, it's best to wait and see.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm pretty convinced he's just going to say Shovel Knight. And I'll be pretty damn certain he's wrong. I don't think Shovel Knight would get announced this week, and based on they're statement of "its not what you expect," I don't think it'd be Shovel Knight in Smash.

Top Bottom