• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah. Nintendo is a business. If they thought it made business sense to make directs before Iwata's death, they will continue to do so afterward, too. Not that Iwata's death was inconsequential: it probably has affected things in ways we cannot know. But plans for these things have probably been set in advance. I expect that the reason we have a news "drought" is because they simply don't have much to announce before the probable NX blowout at E3 next year.
Nah, I'm pretty sure they've got additional games lined up already. We've at least got Zelda and two other known developers doing Wii U games (Retro Studios and Next Level Games). Yeah, a lot of development has shifted to NX, but right now they've actually got a ton of games released between now and Spring 2016, so its rather understandable why they wanted to limit the focus this past E3. They also announce games throughout the year. We'll likely be hearing about the last waves of Wii U games pretty soon for Fall 2016.

In past years they announced a lot of games closer to their releases as well, too. We never heard a word about Tropical Freeze until it was less than 6 months out, ditto for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, with Majora's Mask 3D announced only a few months before it released.

We'll probably be learning about Pokemon X or 7th Gen later this year/early next year as a 3DS Holiday title and at least Retro and Next Level Games' Wii U projects (and I still think Retro is doing a 3D DK).

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Nah, I'm pretty sure they've got additional games lined up already. We've at least got Zelda and two other known developers doing Wii U games (Retro Studios and Next Level Games). Yeah, a lot of development has shifted to NX, but right now they've actually got a ton of games released between now and Spring 2016, so its rather understandable why they wanted to limit the focus this past E3. They also announce games throughout the year. We'll likely be hearing about the last waves of Wii U games pretty soon for Fall 2016.

In past years they announced a lot of games closer to their releases as well, too. We never heard a word about Tropical Freeze until it was less than 6 months out, ditto for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, with Majora's Mask 3D announced only a few months before it released.

We'll probably be learning about Pokemon X or 7th Gen later this year/early next year as a 3DS Holiday title and at least Retro and Next Level Games' Wii U projects (and I still think Retro is doing a 3D DK).
Honestly say what you want about the Wii U, but I'm almost satisfied with it. We got MK8 which many people see as the best MK, not me, but it is a good one. Sm4sh which is the reason I now am into competitive smash and I honestly like it about as much as Melee. We got Pokken Tournament coming which is honestly the type of pokemon game I have always wanted. There was mario party 10 which was not that good, but Every now and then its fun to play Bowser Party. Theres Mario Maker coming which looks awesome and I was honestly getting tired of the side scrolling Mario games, they were good back in the day, but if I want to play the old games I will, its nice that there doing something creative with it. We have Star Fox Zero coming which should be decent. Then perhaps a new DK or Zelda (depending on if they actually release Zelda on the Wii U). To me the only thing its missing is a 3D mario, and 3D World doesn't count. (And also K Rool obviously)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly say what you want about the Wii U, but I'm almost satisfied with it. We got MK8 which many people see as the best MK, not me, but it is a good one. Sm4sh which is the reason I now am into competitive smash and I honestly like it about as much as Melee. We got Pokken Tournament coming which is honestly the type of pokemon game I have always wanted. There was mario party 10 which was not that good, but Every now and then its fun to play Bowser Party. Theres Mario Maker coming which looks awesome and I was honestly getting tired of the side scrolling Mario games, they were good back in the day, but if I want to play the old games I will, its nice that there doing something creative with it. We have Star Fox Zero coming which should be decent. Then perhaps a new DK or Zelda (depending on if they actually release Zelda on the Wii U). To me the only thing its missing is a 3D mario, and 3D World doesn't count. (And also K Rool obviously)
Oh, I'm fine with the Wii U, tons of great stuff, especially with VC and the like. I don't regret my purchase. And Zelda will definitely still be on Wii U lol.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Oh, I'm fine with the Wii U, tons of great stuff, especially with VC and the like. I don't regret my purchase. And Zelda will definitely still be on Wii U lol.
The thing that makes me think Zelda won't be is how they announced it at last years E3 and we didn't hear anything since then. But I hope so

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The thing that makes me think Zelda won't be is how they announced it at last years E3 and we didn't hear anything since then. But I hope so
Nothing except for them repeatedly stating and re-stating that it will remain on the Wii U... ;)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, I'm absolutely positive its still coming to Wii U, there's no reason to doubt that. They just realized this year they announced the game too early.

just bringing up this poll again,so if you have not voted yet please do http://www.poll-maker.com/poll395154xD2B5C2B5-15

it already has 1400 votes(and its only been 1 day) so lets keep it going,so if you can spread it around wherever you can such as twitter and other places please do so because the more votes this gets the more accurate it is

its 1 vote per ip,it has alot of characters to choose from and characters dont get left out because they are "deconfirmed" so there is no bias here

k rool is number 1 right now.
with shantae as a runner up at number 2
and isaac is right around the corner at number 3.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Here's something I've been wondering for awhile: If (when) Sakurai adds K. Rool into Smash, is there anything that would still leave most of the Kutthroats here displeased? Anything from an unfaithful moveset, to an ugly render, to any other factor. Any worries along those lines? Feel free to express concerns over anything else I haven't mentioned.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
just bringing up this poll again,so if you have not voted yet please do http://www.poll-maker.com/poll395154xD2B5C2B5-15

it already has 1400 votes(and its only been 1 day) so lets keep it going,so if you can spread it around wherever you can such as twitter and other places please do so because the more votes this gets the more accurate it is

its 1 vote per ip,it has alot of characters to choose from and characters dont get left out because they are "deconfirmed" so there is no bias here

can you explain your sig to me, it's been bothering me

Here's something I've been wondering for awhile: If (when) Sakurai adds K. Rool into Smash, is there anything that would still leave most of the Kutthroats here displeased? Anything from an unfaithful moveset, to an ugly render, to any other factor. Any worries along those lines? Feel free to express concerns over anything else I haven't mentioned.
I would be at least somewhat unsatisfied if he is a complete clone or a Ganondorf-style semi-clone (clone based on completely unrelated character).

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I believe that many will be disappointed if he doesn't use his blunderbuss.
I'd love to see him using it as much as the guy next to me (or above and below in this case), but I'd be happy with a DKC1 inspired moveset, too.

TallT

Smash Apprentice

Looks like Shantae is only a few votes away from dethroning the King. Make sure to keep voting Kutthroats.
Edit: And in just in 5 seconds after posting she recieved 5 votes and passed us:(

Last edited:
Looks like Shantae is only a few votes away from dethroning the King. Make sure to keep voting Kutthroats.
She dethroned him already, although the poll could very well be fraudulent.

EDIT: 5 votes in 5 seconds? Yeah, definitely fraudulent.

EDIT 2: She gets more and more votes in a short time. I think that some Shantae fan(s) are just spamming votes for her.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
If he was a clone, since that won't change anytime soon if it happens.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I believe that many will be disappointed if he doesn't use his blunderbuss.
I'd love to see him using it as much as the guy next to me (or above and below in this case), but I'd be happy with a DKC1 inspired moveset, too.
I get this too. K. Rool has so much moveset potential that I'll be a bit disheartened if anything is left out. I'll be inspecting his moveset carefully looking for krowns, his blunderbuss, kopters, and a myriad of other things.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
That's possible since she was the only character who received a huge spike in votes recently, but I think @ S Senselessbreak said he has been monitoring the votes to make sure no one cheats. He already confronted Shantae fans in the Shantae thread yesterday for cheating in his poll.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No, because K. Rool in Smash would represent more to me than just the character on the screen. He would represent the culmination of over three years of effort and campaigning in this thread, seven years of waiting (sometimes im)patiently for his return, ten years of wanting him in Smash and sixteen years of being a fan of the character. No matter how they implement the character in-game, nothing can erase what his mere existence there would mean to me personally.

Last edited:
That's possible since she was the only character who received a huge spike in votes recently, but I think @ S Senselessbreak said he has been monitoring the votes to make sure no one cheats. He already confronted Shantae fans in the Shantae thread yesterday for cheating in his poll.
So this isn't the first time. Wasn't that poll posted to the Character Discussion thread that Shantae "won" fraudulent too?

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
No, because K. Rool in Smash would represent more to me than just the character on the screen. He would represent the culmination of over three years of effort and campaigning in this thread, seven years of waiting (sometimes im)patiently for his return, ten years of wanting him in Smash and sixteen years of being a fan of the character. No matter how they implement the character in-game, nothing can erase what his mere existence there would mean to me personally.
So the Mii costume is good enough for you?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

EDIT: 5 votes in 5 seconds? Yeah, definitely fraudulent.

EDIT 2: She gets more and more votes in a short time. I think that some Shantae fan(s) are just spamming votes for her.
Keep in mind there were about 45 fraud Shantae votes last night (haven't checked recently), and roughtly 10 fraud K Rool votes (we are better than this). I'll do my best to filter everything the best i can!

TallT

Smash Apprentice
So this isn't the first time. Wasn't that poll posted to the Character Discussion thread that Shantae "won" fraudulent too?
If you mean the one that allowed multi-voting and excluded K. Rool then, yes.

Keep in mind there were about 45 fraud Shantae votes last night (haven't checked recently), and roughtly 10 fraud K Rool votes (we are better than this). I'll do my best to filter everything the best i can!
It's a good thing that the fraud votes could be filtered.

If you mean the one that allowed multi-voting and excluded K. Rool then, yes.
It seems that her fans have been active at poll-spamming recently. I think Daisy was the previous "fraud queen" (There was one poll which she was leading but she fell out of Top 10 after the fraud votes were filtered).

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I agree we are better than this. Please do not cheat!

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I agree we are better than this. Please do not cheat!
I may have voted 2 time, since this was posted multiple time and I thought it was another poll when it was repost. I'm sincerly sorry for that:urg:, it wasn't my intention.

I'm glad that you can filter it, make me feel less bad.:)

Last edited:

Uzume

Orange Heart
I also may have double voted since my internet was being a piece of krap and I refreshed a bit when the page wasn't loading.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I dunno @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , people today continue to complain about Wario's almost negligible Wario Land influences in Smash, despite his Wario Land self being one of the biggest reasons why he was requested in the first place. And Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone, of all things, speaks for itself. Even if people really really REALLY wanted the character, their implementation can sour their hype for the character in the minds of many fans.

As powerful as that previous post was, I'm still on the fence on whether I would be happy just having any K. Rool in the game. I know I haven't waited nearly as long for K. Rool as most people here, so you guys would be happy just having him in the game, but I won't really be that content with having him in Smash at all if he's put in the game in an unsatisfactory way, but I guess that's just me personally. If he's in the game, but he's mostly a generic, unimaginative physical fighter with no projectiles or special attibutes (or, like Wario, is pretty neat but still ignores half his game history), then all I can say is I'll sigh, shrug, and go "Well, he's finally in Smash. I hope everyone else who wanted him is fine with this."

It's not my place to tell people when to or when not to be excited over a character inclusion, I still see people happy with and defending Wario and Ganondorf's Smash movesets as accurate (if only like 10% accurate), but man would it be a letdown for me. I want creative, fun K. Rool or no K. Rool, because in later Smash installments Unimaginative K. Rool will be re-included still without all the fun and exciting ideas he could have had, and to me, he'd be like Wario and Ganondorf in that, while alright to play, he'd just be a reminder of what could have been.

Hopefully, Sakurai and team have been reading our ideas for K. Rool in our ballot submissions, or have the decency to put in K. Rool in the fun and creative way we all want him to be, then this whole issue can be avoided and literally everybody will be happy.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Double votes arent so bad, and much harder to catch with this system. Mostly we don't want things like this happening::

This person voted for Ashley 63 times, and cycled his IP so they all went through. The Person above voted for Wolf 91 times, but the site itself automatically rejected those votes since they were all the same IP (So it works sometimes :/ Otherwise I need to filter each vote manually, which is difficult since the site is really slow atm)

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Double votes arent so bad, and much harder to catch with this system. Mostly we don't want things like this happening::

This person voted for Ashley 63 times, and cycled his IP so they all went through. The Person above voted for Wolf 91 times, but the site itself automatically rejected those votes since they were all the same IP (So it works sometimes :/ Otherwise I need to filter each vote manually, which is difficult since the site is really slow atm)
And by far all the "fraudulent" K.Rool votes were all mistakes:chuckle:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I dunno @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , people today continue to complain about Wario's almost negligible Wario Land influences in Smash, despite his Wario Land self being one of the biggest reasons why he was requested in the first place. And Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone, of all things, speaks for itself. Even if people really really REALLY wanted the character, their implementation can sour their hype for the character in the minds of many fans.

As powerful as that previous post was, I'm still on the fence on whether I would be happy just having any K. Rool in the game. I know I haven't waited nearly as long for K. Rool as most people here, so you guys would be happy just having him in the game, but I won't really be that content with having him in Smash at all if he's put in the game in an unsatisfactory way, but I guess that's just me personally. If he's in the game, but he's mostly a generic, unimaginative physical fighter with no projectiles or special attibutes (or, like Wario, is pretty neat but still ignores half his game history), then all I can say is I'll sigh, shrug, and go "Well, he's finally in Smash. I hope everyone else who wanted him is fine with this."

It's not my place to tell people when to or when not to be excited over a character inclusion, I still see people happy with and defending Wario and Ganondorf's Smash movesets as accurate (if only like 10% accurate), but man would it be a letdown for me. I want creative, fun K. Rool or no K. Rool, because in later Smash installments Unimaginative K. Rool will be re-included still without all the fun and exciting ideas he could have had, and to me, he'd be like Wario and Ganondorf in that, while alright to play, he'd just be a reminder of what could have been.

Hopefully, Sakurai and team have been reading our ideas for K. Rool in our ballot submissions, or have the decency to put in K. Rool in the fun and creative way we all want him to be, then this whole issue can be avoided and literally everybody will be happy.
Pretty much this. If K. Rool ends up unsatisfactory, I'll be happy he's in, but probably be frustrated for years to come about what coulda/woulda/shoulda.

I dunno why people do this. It's not like this is an official poll or something.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Hey @ S Senselessbreak , I posted your poll to multiple threads, but now I realized it could be seen as spam. Are you sure it's okay to post it to multiple threads in a short time?
As long as the mods don't see an issue with it! All communities should be able to see it, thats why I encourage sharing this to other communities anyone is fans of. I'll catch and delete all the fake votes as time goes! For now I'm hoping we can get the largest sample size we can.

All that said......Support the KROC everyone! He needs your votes!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's a good thing that the fraud votes could be filtered.

It seems that her fans have been active at poll-spamming recently. I think Daisy was the previous "fraud queen" (There was one poll which she was leading but she fell out of Top 10 after the fraud votes were filtered).
Oh no, THAT situation was different.

She was completely disqualified from the votes because of the prolific exploitation on the voting system which wasn't 1 vote per IP and allowed F5 spamming!

Not like I know anything about that.....

If he was a clone, since that won't change anytime soon if it happens.
Worse case scenario, he turns out to be a Donkey Kong Clone. How would you guys react?
Who would King K. Rool be a clone of?
:dk2:or:diddy:
Will the Hoo-Hah finally return to its former glory?
Anyway,I think I speak for everyone that we'll be pissed if King K. Rool was a clone of DK.

Last edited:
As long as the mods don't see an issue with it! All communities should be able to see it, thats why I encourage sharing this to other communities anyone is fans of. I'll catch and delete all the fake votes as time goes! For now I'm hoping we can get the largest sample size we can.

All that said......Support the KROC everyone! He needs your votes!
Okay, I posted it to several threads already. I'm currently waiting a mod to confirm that it isn't an issue, before I post it to more threads.

Top Bottom