• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
After realizing the GBA version and SNES version had different soundtracks, I really wish for these two tracks make it in.
DKC3 GBA's soundtrack is largely considered hit-or-miss, though it was actually the soundtrack I ended up experiencing before the SNES version. Regardless of whether or not you enjoy the tracks on the GBA's inferior sound system, the folks at OCRemix did a great job of remixing them all up for the Double the Trouble project last year, so give that a listen and/or download if you have the time.

Also:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Those ****ers didn't even bother to jump. Man, do they even DKC? :glare:

Our Krock King is still the best reptile to potentially make it in Smash!

My post made it to Page 100? It's an honour for a pesky little ape as me!

All hail our favorite reptilian overlord, King K.Rool!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hail...to us...This...is our finest hour!

So yeah, us Kutthroats have all made it so far, and yet have so very far to go. Time to strap in and prepare for whatever wonders await us in the next hundred pages. Whatever lies ahead will certainly provide much material with which to fill them, so *Iwata voice* please look forward to it.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
100 pages! Seems like K.Rool is just too kool for double digits. :cool:

Groose

Smash Champion
ATTENTION ALL KUTTHROATS!
IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT YOSHIS ARE EVIL AND NEED TO BE SLAUGHTERED FOR THE GREATER GOOD. PLEASE SEND ANY YOSHI YOU SEE PLUMMETING TO ITS DOOM! DO IT IN THE NAME OF KING K. ROOL!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Does anyone else wish that this song was longer?

Also, 0:51 to 1:01 reminded me of "Be Prepared" from the Lion King.
If and when K. Rool gets revealed, I pledge to make a "Be Prepared" mashup comprised entirely of K. Rool clips from both the cartoon and games. Believe it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Gotta get in on K's big 100 pages, since he's one of the only two characters I actually care about seeing.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Congrats on 100 pages! ;D The King would be proud. :)

And I wanna see that mashup of Be Prepared. That was the most badass song in all of the Lion King.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King K.Rool vs Scar : Be Prepared for our Finest Hour.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My friend and I were discussing K.Rool and Ridley last night.

K.Rool is his most wanted character, and our conversation made me realize that K.Rool is one of the only characters that would leave a significant hole in the roster if he isn't there. Most of the other series with a staple villain have had thier villain in the game *Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede. Two other series are missing theirs, being Metroid and Donkey Kong.

There was a post in here that I would have to agree with, stating that K.Rool is the Joker of Donkey Kong. He is the central "arch nemesis" of the DK Crew, but has been in hiatus for far too long. It is safe to say that he is the most iconic character from the series (or at least tied with Dixie). His moveset potential is in my opinion better than basically anybody else out there. He has so much going for him.

I think Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS will be great games, with or without K.Rool. But if it has K.Rool, it will make it a better game than if it didn't. K.Rool for Smash!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Kongrats on reaching 100 pages, fellow Kutthroats!

All hail the Pig Crocodile King!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pokemon is missing a villain
It's hard to give Pokémon a villain, unless we put the anime into play. Mewtwo could be considered one, though I hardly ever do that since I keep myself to the games, so to me he's always just been that clone guy who went off into a cave. Even then, if we consider Mewtwo a villain, then he's most likely in anyways.

My friend and I were discussing K.Rool and Ridley last night.

K.Rool is his most wanted character, and our conversation made me realize that K.Rool is one of the only characters that would leave a significant hole in the roster if he isn't there. Most of the other series with a staple villain have had thier villain in the game *Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede. Two other series are missing theirs, being Metroid and Donkey Kong.

There was a post in here that I would have to agree with, stating that K.Rool is the Joker of Donkey Kong. He is the central "arch nemesis" of the DK Crew, but has been in hiatus for far too long. It is safe to say that he is the most iconic character from the series (or at least tied with Dixie). His moveset potential is in my opinion better than basically anybody else out there. He has so much going for him.

I think Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS will be great games, with or without K.Rool. But if it has K.Rool, it will make it a better game than if it didn't. K.Rool for Smash!
Damn right. Just the thought of Metroid still sitting at one character makes me barf, even in Brawl it was ridiculous. Ridley is the obvious and only choice in that regard. Missing out on K. Rool would leave kind of the same impact, even if DK has 2 reps currently you gotta take into consideration how big the series is in comparison. Sure they could add Dixie instead and we'd have 3 DK reps, but that'd be like adding Krystal before Wolf. Diddy Kong already represents DK's sidekicks, just as Falco represents Fox's fellow crew, the series needs a villain character instead, Dixie while I don't mind her wouldn't add anything new and shouldn't take the spot from someone who does.

Anyways, nice to see this thread on 100 pages!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Congrats everyone!

K. Rool is definitely a worthy addition to Smash, DK needs his villain and he'd be a really cool and awesome character. DKC2 made my childhood. Embarrass

I fully support. Let's all cross our fingers for his inclusion. :colorful:

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm takin' the time to read up threads on characters I would like to see. K. Rool's definitely one of them!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
How do I become a Kutthroat? Do I merely have to ask K. Rool into my heart like Jesus? I don't know if there's enough room in there for both.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure putting K. Rool into your heart would give you a heart attack.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Argh, I'm split on K. Rool and Dixie! I want and predict both of them, both are very good and likely to get in!

I can be a Dixie supporter and a Kutthroat, right? Because I feel it as necessary.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Argh, I'm split on K. Rool and Dixie! I want and predict both of them, both are very good and likely to get in!

I can be a Dixie supporter and a Kutthroat, right? Because I feel it as necessary.
Laws of Videogames state that you can only advocate one newcomer from a franchise, and that every other candidate sucks and only an idiot would support them.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've been updating the OP and Kutthroat list (which is 100% for fun, and anyone can join it) with decreasing frequency, seeing as how there hasn't been as much to add to it as of late. Rest assured, when I make the next update, all Kutthroat hopefuls will be included. ;)

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I've been updating the OP and Kutthroat list (which is 100% for fun, and anyone can join it) with decreasing frequency, seeing as how there hasn't been as much to add to it as of late. Rest assured, when I make the next update, all Kutthroat hopefuls will be included. ;)
I hope I make the kut....... couldn't resist.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, K. Rool has quite a few great stage options. Let's hope we at least get one of them. :laugh:

Top Bottom