• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
On a side note, has anyone incorporated material from the DKC cartoon into their K. Rool movesets? Although the show's rather corny to me now, I've always loved the show; I have the vhs, a brand new K. Rool figurine from the show, and now the two recently released dvds, heh heh.

Anyway, whether you enjoyed it or not, it holds some significance as it did influence the games (for instance the crystal coconut appearing in DK64 and Barrel Blast), and even K. Rool himself (his appearance in the show was most likely the basis for his Paon model, his goal of ruling the island/world with the cystal coconut translates to ruling the universe with crystal bananas in Jungle Climber, and his dastardliness, willingness to sink the entire island in order to acquire the Crystal Coconut, and use of various "doomsday devices" possibly inspired his dastardly attempt at escape, willingness to blow himself up to get rid of the Kongs, and his use of the Blast-o-Matic laser in DK64).

[collapse=Here are some of my ideas for moves taken from the show]

Standard Special: Klap-Blaster
Klap-Blasters are the standard weapons of K. Rool's troops. They fire barrages of minuscule, hungry Klaptraps that latch onto and chew on their targets. When this move is used, Klaptraps are fired the distance of a little over half of Battlefield, dealing no knockback. Once latched onto a target however, Klaptraps will slowly rack up damage like Olimar's Pikmin Throw. They will bite a random number of times between 5 to 10 times (unless they get knocked off) for 2% each bite.

Side Special: The K.C.C.B.M. (stands for "The K. Rool to Crystal Coconut and Back Missile")
This is one of K. Rool's various inventions designed with the theft of the Crystal Coconut in mind. This is a rather large remote-controlled missile with dual jet boosters and a mechanical arm that extends from the underside of the main body. When used, K. Rool takes out a remote control and pilots the missile - he'll be defenseless unless he cancels it by pressing the shield button. It controls like Snake's Nikita, but with wider turns and faster traveling/turning speed. Hold A to extend the arm and let go of A to grab (non-damaging). Then press A again to release the hold. Enemies have a slightly easier time escaping this hold than escaping grabs, and the missile runs out of fuel after 10 seconds.

Uses:
-pick up items you'd want to drop onto/ram into opponents, such as explosive crates, bob-ombs, etc
-pick up opponents and try to drop them off the stage/land them on stage hazards.

*The K.C.C.B.M. has shown to be capable of carrying a considerable amount of weight (for instance, a rocket that exeeds the K.C.C.B.M. in size and that contains dozens of filled-up barrels, one of which holds Cranky Kong), so what it should be able to carry in the game shouldn't be a problem.

Up Special: Great Aunt Grouchy's Spellbook
K. Rool often casts spells on his enemies in the show, whether it be weakening Donkey Kong with a curse from his own book of voodoo curses, or casting spells from Great Aunt Grouchy's book on his own minions for his amusement. If Up B is pressed in midair, K. Rool will use a spell that grants him the power of flight to use as his recovery. It'll work similarly to Pit's Wings of Icarus, but it will only last half the duration (so about 1.5 secs) since he'll also have access to a tether recovery move (discussed below). If used while grounded, a spell will be cast to players, dealing 1% while stunning them shortly, within approx. a Battlefield platform away from K. Rool.

Down Special: Project X (Boomerang-a-Barrel)
K. Rool designed Project X to accomplish two tasks: spread fear all over Kongo Bongo Island, and have it always return, hence its name Boomerang-a-Barrel. It has the appearance of a UFO when spinning, and it's piloted by K. Rool's bodyguard Krusha. Pressing down B will make K. Rool beckon towards the screen, calling forth Krusha, who then rams the UFO from the foreground, through the stage, to the background (like Captain Falcon's Final Smash) in front of K. Rool. If it misses, it will keep on traveling further and further into the background until it disappears. If an opponent is hit, the Boomerang-a-Barrel will return and try to ram into the opponent once again, this time traveling from the background to the foreground. Although this move will home into the enemy, it can be dodged like any other attack. Both hits do 10% each, with medium knockback.

Grab: Bungee Barrel
Press A to perform a normal close-range grab. Hold A to utilize K. Rool's "secret weapon." The Bungee Barrel is capable of firing General Klump great distances and have him return with an enemy in his claws, thanks to the bungee cord attached to him and the barrel. He'll always be shot in a straight line foward, and the longer you hold A, the farther he goes. After Klump returns with an opponent, he performs the pummels and throws instead of K. Rool. When used in midair, Klump will swat away players instead of grabbing them. This can also be used as a tether recovery, where Klump grabs the ledge, and the King hangs from the Bungee Barrel. Press A to shorten the cord/pull the King farther up, and then up to make K. Rool climb over Klump back onto the stage.

Dash Attack: Minekart Krash
In the cartoon, the Kremlings control the mines; it is where their base of operations is located. K. Rool has a custom, regal minekart as seen in the picture above. For his dash attack, K. Rool quickly hops into his 6-seater minekart, which already has two Kritters operating it. Deals 6-8% with low-medium knockback.

Foward Smash: Shout
If an episode has K. Rool in it, you can bet it features him yelling at his minions for their incompetency at one point or another. When used, he'll take out a megaphone and scream into it, producing forth sound waves. A voice clip of him yelling "LUNKHEAD!" or "NINNY!" or "HOMESPUN IDIOT!" or any of his other sayings, will accompany this move. Charging it will produce more sound waves with a little added range. Deals 10-12% but with high knockback.

Final Smash: Kritter Army
Summons several Kritters, along with Klump and Krusha, to take on opponents. Kritters have Klap-Blasters with the same properties as K. Rool's Standard B move, Krusha punches anyone nearby (15-18% with high knockback, close-ranged attack), and Klump throws bombs (15% with medium-high knockback, ranged projectile). Although this army of Kremlings will disappear after a certain amount of time, they can be defeated - Kritters have 30HP each, while Klump and Krusha have 50 HP each. Because Klump and Krusha are a part of K. Rool's final smash, he'll be unable to use his tether grab and down B until it ends (or until they are defeated).
[/collapse]

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't know much about the DKC cartoon myself, but it appears as though K. Rool could have a great moveset with both content from the games AND the cartoon. I'd love that Kritter Army to be his Final Smash, it's both interesting and would certainly be quite fun to use. (not as much fun when someone else would use it of course..)

Speaking of the show I listened to a few songs on it, and I think I'll try watching some full episodes sometime soon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am sort of put off by the idea of K.Rool having much of his cartoon character implemented cause they translated his name in the Dutch subs, and it was horrible. A pun cannot be translated, especially not in Dutch. It was just horrible. Luckily they didn't change the names of Cranky, Funky and Candy though.

Seriously though, I think Sakurai would portait K.Rool in a similar vein to Bowser. Like a big beastical brute, and no lines. Maybe a psychopath laugh, but that'd be it. Am thinking he'll grunt much like Bowser did in Melee and Brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I honestly doubt K.Rool cause of the 'Player 1 can ONLY be Donkey Kong' thing the Returns series has going on... It seems like every other character thusfar is just a secondary role, acting more like a playable powerup to DK than anything else. Basically, Diddy and Dixie only serve purpose for their abilities, Diddy: Rocket Barrel, Dixie: Helicopter Spin. As sad as this seems to be, it looks like the 4th character will be nothing more but another piggybag riding 'powerup' for DK. As I doubt they are gonna programm an AI just for K.Rool to follow you around in 1 Player mode, nor do I think Retro would make King K.Rool a 2 Player - only character.
Well, there could be an unlockable King K. Rool mode, where you'd have to complete each level as King K. Rool. There would be no multiplayer feature with that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Returns didn't have a Diddy mode, what makes you think there'll be a King K.Rool mode?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly, I'd get very pissed if K.Rool suddenly made himself more important than Diddy in playable status. It's like Retro wants to punish Diddy cause Rare seemed to favor him over DK... :/ And apperantly, everyone is cool with it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Honestly, I'd get very pissed if K.Rool suddenly made himself more important than Diddy in playable status. It's like Retro wants to punish Diddy cause Rare seemed to favor him over DK... :/ And apperantly, everyone is cool with it.
Honestly, the discussions I've seen you and Matt partake in are just strange to me, considering they seem to be mainly an excuse to praise Retro and bash Rare on his end. It was never some horrible failure of Rare's to make Diddy and Dixie the stars of their own games, rather, it was an innovative risk that paid off exponentially through two stellar games. Maybe that wasn't Nintendo/Miyamoto's original goal for a franchise featuring DK, but time has certainly proven their goals aren't necessarily beneficial ones (*cough* Sticker Star *cough*).

Plus, most people still consider DK the main hero, and the idea that he needs to be front and center in each and every new game to "make up for lost time" is stupid...when is "lost time" ever going to be made up then? It's been almost two decades since DKC3, and DK's never missed a generation to date, lest we forget. The reasoning that DK must always have the best gameplay is even worse, since that's imposing needless restrictions on the game based on a silly agenda that doesn't even need to be pursued.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I feel the same. I really miss the old tag teams, it just doesn't really feel like DKC the way it is now...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
it would be great if they just made a "diddy's kong-quest 2" with gameplay like the snes originals. more specificaly, DKC 2 with diddy and dixie.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
it would be great if they just made a "diddy's kong-quest 2" with gameplay like the snes originals. more specificaly, DKC 2 with diddy and dixie.

I was so hyped for a Diddy & Dixie tag team cause of her reveal in Tropical Freeze. I mean, DKCR 2. No excuse not to make it Diddy's Kong Quest 2 I feel. But NO! Diddy is demoted as an optional 'power up' akin to a Fire Flower, Dixie is more like the Cape from SMW or the Leaf from SMB3... Potential wasted in my opinion. As well as giving DK unique skills of his own, making him more worthy being the 'Leader of the Bunch'. Right now, DK is STILL the most boring DKC character... Wow Retro, thanks a lot.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
On a side note, has anyone incorporated material from the DKC cartoon into their K. Rool movesets? Although the show's rather corny to me now, I've always loved the show; I have the vhs, a brand new K. Rool figurine from the show, and now the two recently released dvds, heh heh.

Anyway, whether you enjoyed it or not, it holds some significance as it did influence the games (for instance the crystal coconut appearing in DK64 and Barrel Blast), and even K. Rool himself (his appearance in the show was most likely the basis for his Paon model, his goal of ruling the island/world with the cystal coconut translates to ruling the universe with crystal bananas in Jungle Climber, and his dastardliness, willingness to sink the entire island in order to acquire the Crystal Coconut, and use of various "doomsday devices" possibly inspired his dastardly attempt at escape, willingness to blow himself up to get rid of the Kongs, and his use of the Blast-o-Matic laser in DK64).

Klap-Blasters are the standard weapons of K. Rool's troops. They fire barrages of minuscule, hungry Klaptraps that latch onto and chew on their targets. When this move is used, Klaptraps are fired the distance of a little over half of Battlefield, dealing no knockback. Once latched onto a target however, Klaptraps will slowly rack up damage like Olimar's Pikmin Throw. They will bite a random number of times between 5 to 10 times (unless they get knocked off) for 2% each bite.

Side Special: The K.C.C.B.M. (stands for "The K. Rool to Crystal Coconut and Back Missile")
This is one of K. Rool's various inventions designed with the theft of the Crystal Coconut in mind. This is a rather large remote-controlled missile with dual jet boosters and a mechanical arm that extends from the underside of the main body. When used, K. Rool takes out a remote control and pilots the missile - he'll be defenseless unless he cancels it by pressing the shield button. It controls like Snake's Nikita, but with wider turns and faster traveling/turning speed. Hold A to extend the arm and let go of A to grab (non-damaging). Then press A again to release the hold. Enemies have a slightly easier time escaping this hold than escaping grabs, and the missile runs out of fuel after 10 seconds.

Uses:
-pick up items you'd want to drop onto/ram into opponents, such as explosive crates, bob-ombs, etc
-pick up opponents and try to drop them off the stage/land them on stage hazards.

*The K.C.C.B.M. has shown to be capable of carrying a considerable amount of weight (for instance, a rocket that exeeds the K.C.C.B.M. in size and that contains dozens of filled-up barrels, one of which holds Cranky Kong), so what it should be able to carry in the game shouldn't be a problem.

K. Rool often casts spells on his enemies in the show, whether it be weakening Donkey Kong with a curse from his own book of voodoo curses, or casting spells from Great Aunt Grouchy's book on his own minions for his amusement. If Up B is pressed in midair, K. Rool will use a spell that grants him the power of flight to use as his recovery. It'll work similarly to Pit's Wings of Icarus, but it will only last half the duration (so about 1.5 secs) since he'll also have access to a tether recovery move (discussed below). If used while grounded, a spell will be cast to players, dealing 1% while stunning them shortly, within approx. a Battlefield platform away from K. Rool.

K. Rool designed Project X to accomplish two tasks: spread fear all over Kongo Bongo Island, and have it always return, hence its name Boomerang-a-Barrel. It has the appearance of a UFO when spinning, and it's piloted by K. Rool's bodyguard Krusha. Pressing down B will make K. Rool beckon towards the screen, calling forth Krusha, who then rams the UFO from the foreground, through the stage, to the background (like Captain Falcon's Final Smash) in front of K. Rool. If it misses, it will keep on traveling further and further into the background until it disappears. If an opponent is hit, the Boomerang-a-Barrel will return and try to ram into the opponent once again, this time traveling from the background to the foreground. Although this move will home into the enemy, it can be dodged like any other attack. Both hits do 10% each, with medium knockback.

Press A to perform a normal close-range grab. Hold A to utilize K. Rool's "secret weapon." The Bungee Barrel is capable of firing General Klump great distances and have him return with an enemy in his claws, thanks to the bungee cord attached to him and the barrel. He'll always be shot in a straight line foward, and the longer you hold A, the farther he goes. After Klump returns with an opponent, he performs the pummels and throws instead of K. Rool. When used in midair, Klump will swat away players instead of grabbing them. This can also be used as a tether recovery, where Klump grabs the ledge, and the King hangs from the Bungee Barrel. Press A to shorten the cord/pull the King farther up, and then up to make K. Rool climb over Klump back onto the stage.

In the cartoon, the Kremlings control the mines; it is where their base of operations is located. K. Rool has a custom, regal minekart as seen in the picture above. For his dash attack, K. Rool quickly hops into his 6-seater minekart, which already has two Kritters operating it. Deals 6-8% with low-medium knockback.

If an episode has K. Rool in it, you can bet it features him yelling at his minions for their incompetency at one point or another. When used, he'll take out a megaphone and scream into it, producing forth sound waves. A voice clip of him yelling "LUNKHEAD!" or "NINNY!" or "HOMESPUN IDIOT!" or any of his other sayings, will accompany this move. Charging it will produce more sound waves with a little added range. Deals 10-12% but with high knockback.

Summons several Kritters, along with Klump and Krusha, to take on opponents. Kritters have Klap-Blasters with the same properties as K. Rool's Standard B move, Krusha punches anyone nearby (15-18% with high knockback, close-ranged attack), and Klump throws bombs (15% with medium-high knockback, ranged projectile). Although this army of Kremlings will disappear after a certain amount of time, they can be defeated - Kritters have 30HP each, while Klump and Krusha have 50 HP each. Because Klump and Krusha are a part of K. Rool's final smash, he'll be unable to use his tether grab and down B until it ends (or until they are defeated).
[/collapse]
This is really, really great. Coming from someone who enjoyed the cartoon almost entirely because of the Krem...err, Lizards, I like how this moveset is its own thing for K. Rool, rather than trying to blend it with his game attacks. The various props all function nicely within the context of the moveset so it's faithful to his cartoon appearance as well. In terms of whether any of this would make it into his actual moveset, eh, other than something resembling the Final Smash, not a chance. But hey, like you said, a variation of the Paon model would be close enough.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
This is really, really great. Coming from someone who enjoyed the cartoon almost entirely because of the Krem...err, Lizards, I like how this moveset is its own thing for K. Rool, rather than trying to blend it with his game attacks. The various props all function nicely within the context of the moveset so it's faithful to his cartoon appearance as well. In terms of whether any of this would make it into his actual moveset, eh, other than something resembling the Final Smash, not a chance. But hey, like you said, a variation of the Paon model would be close enough.
Then maybe there will be Toon K. Rool in addition to King K. Rool. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Uses:

[/collapse]

Makes sense since we all know where the Banana Slamma Giant Punch originated from. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Smash 64 was released before the DKC Cartoon wasn't it? Anyway, I doubt Sakurai took inspiration from Banana Slamma. Was the show even available in Japanese? It has a French orgin, I honestly doubt it would reach shores further than American.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I feel the same. I really miss the old tag teams, it just doesn't really feel like DKC the way it is now...
That's how I feel with Donkey Kong Country Returns. Granted, the game is good on its own merits but compared to the original SNES trilogy, the gameplay/controls don't meet the standards that I expected from a Donkey Kong Country game.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
King K.Rool has to be in the next Smash Bros. I guess as the DK franchise gets more and more games, especially with DKCR and DKC:Tropical Freeze, we will at least get 1 newcomer from the DK series if not even 2. I would be all fine if K.Rool were in and Dixie weren't, but I would also be fine with both at the same time. No K.Rool would be honestly very disappointing.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I think Smash 64 was released before the DKC Cartoon wasn't it? Anyway, I doubt Sakurai took inspiration from Banana Slamma. Was the show even available in Japanese? It has a French orgin, I honestly doubt it would reach shores further than American.
Nah, I remember watching the cartoon some on Sundays quite awhile before Smash 64 came out, so the cartoon came first.

Don't really have a problem with the gameplay of Retro's DK titles, but I have to admit too it's not really the same with how the likes of Diddy and Dixie are downplayed in that regard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All I hope is for a spin-off title, ala Super Luigi U with Diddy as the main character. Possibly with Dixie as a team-partner, old-skool tag-team style. And of coarse, this would be the best way to bring K.Rool back to.

I can only hope...

*sigh* A game called Donkey Kong Country Returns, yet it doesn't REALLY feel like Donkey Kong Country actually returned. DK is back yes, but he's still not standing out, he's still the boring old DK. If he was only made 'noob-friendly' like say, have an extra heart over Diddy and Dixie (which actually would make playing as him being an ADVANTAGE sometimes, say in Boss Battles) or again be stronger than Diddy and Dixie by taking out enemies quicker like in DKC1... But no.

I don't get the 100% focus on Donkey Kong. Sure, he's the Leader of the Bunch and everyone knows him well. But why diminish the more interessting characters? Returns kinda feels like Jungle Beat with Diddy and Dixie added in as power ups in a way... :/

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Since 2015 is the Year of the Monkey (Which I think would be Diddy Kong's year), I think it's possible we can have Diddy Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. With even damn harder levels. O-o

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Since 2015 is the Year of the Monkey (Which I think would be Diddy Kong's year), I think it's possible we can have Diddy Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. With even damn harder levels. O-o

This is what I was thinking to! :diddy:

We all know Diddy was the best Kong in the SNES titles anyway. :cool:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like Diddy the most out of the kongs, but DK is a close second. Cranky is third.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Am I the only one here who likes DK himself most out of the core Kongs?
No, DK is my favorite playable Kong as well, although he was preferable when he wasn't voiced by Scooby Doo. I don't place much focus on the playable characters in platformers when I'm playing as them, though, moreso on the characters and environment around them (hence me preferring K. Rool and Cranky as characters, and obsessing over DKC music). Currently, I see only negatives to retconning Diddy/Dixie/Fourth Character to minimalist roles, since having a legion of diverse heroes really set the DKC series above the rest as both unique and enjoyable back in the day, while now, it's starting to gain unpleasant resemblances to the "N"SMB series, like the enemies and map screens.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't like the resemblance to the NSMB series either. It's like Nintendo WANTS Donkey Kong to look like a Mario-rip off to promote more sales to Mario games. I always had the impression Nintendo was racist against Kongs anyway... :glare:

Also, I really like how I can legitimately complain about Returns here cause it's the K.Rool thread.

Diddy is obviously my favorite Kong to. I think for seconds it's really hard, and I guess DK, Dixie and Lanky can share that spot. Cranky also being by 3rd favorite, maybe shared with Funky.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
One thing I always liked about the Donkey Kong games was how much they separated themselves from the mainline Mario series in every area imaginable. Even though they're both 2D platformers, the two series have traditionally been as different as night and day, in everything from art style, music, mood, and world-building; I prefer the DK approach in all of these areas. Even the physics and level design are as distinct as can be while staying within the same genre (though I personally prefer Mario in this case). The resemblance of recent DK games to the NSMB series is something that bugs me as well. The art style's about as generic as a game can get, and it really seems to be undoing much of the distancing between the two universes that Rare worked so hard to separate. You never would have seen a DKC course in Mario Kart during the Rare years, that's for sure.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The show did have a Japanese dub though. But, your right about it being a coincidence.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You guys! I don't know how many of you frequent the Project M boards, but we could have some serious potential on our hands.

There's a vote thread up now to determine new characters to add in future iterations of the game. And our mean King in green is a contender. We've got to back him up! This is a good chance to potentially play as K. Rool in Smash. I know it means a good deal of effort for the developers, but I'd donate my left nut to them...well...metaphorically to get this to happen.

Let's do this!

http://smashboards.com/threads/clon...ew-chars-voting-results-updated-11-13.341479/

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You guys! I don't know how many of you frequent the Project M boards, but we could have some serious potential on our hands.

There's a vote thread up now to determine new characters to add in future iterations of the game. And our mean King in green is a contender. We've got to back him up! This is a good chance to potentially play as K. Rool in Smash. I know it means a good deal of effort for the developers, but I'd donate my left nut to them...well...metaphorically to get this to happen.

Let's do this!

http://smashboards.com/threads/clon...ew-chars-voting-results-updated-11-13.341479/
sorry, I already voted for dixie, Red, Tom nook, Tetra and...I think it was lyn.

Red was the big one for me. I'll gladly vote him up a half though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
sorry, I already voted for dixie, Red, Tom nook, Tetra and...I think it was lyn.

Red was the big one for me. I'll gladly vote him up a half though.

Gah! There must be MORE votes! Lyn doesn't need any help, so I didn't feel the need to toss her one. Surprised Little Mac isn't up there, honestly.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Gah! There must be MORE votes! Lyn doesn't need any help, so I didn't feel the need to toss her one. Surprised Little Mac isn't up there, honestly.
I voted for characters who I think will not make an appearance in smash 4, so that's why I didn't vote for ridley, k rool or little mac but instead voted for Red Tom nook and Dixie. But yeah, of course I'll put up a half-vote!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I voted for characters who I think will not make an appearance in smash 4, so that's why I didn't vote for ridley, k rool or little mac but instead voted for Red Tom nook and Dixie. But yeah, of course I'll put up a half-vote!

See, I'm at the point where I'm not going to outright expect anyone to be in Smash 4, and I just want to see my favorite characters realized in THIS version of the game, which is going to feel like an amazingly superior version to me probably. I just sort of look at it and think "Ok, how could this be perfect? Oh. K. Rool and Ridley. There we go."

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As cool as it would be to see K. Rool in Project M, I think the only way he gathers enough support over there to the point of being chosen is if he doesn't make it into SSB4 and the backlash from that goes down. As of now, like the OP said, it's the obvious course of action for the developers to add a clone in Dixie to their mod emulating a game where clones comprise almost half of the newcomer roster. And to be honest, that's the best thing they could do at this point, since, even if they put their best efforts into both characters, I imagine Dixie would end up more polished based off of Diddy's model than K. Rool would based off of a heavily, heavily modified Dedede model.

If things suddenly start looking bad for K. Rool, we can pull a Chrono and preemptively go on the warpath on the Project M forum, but unless that scenario comes up, it's questionable how much pull we'd be able to have.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sigh. I guess I'll take comfort in the fact that we can get him in Project M eventually if he's somehow absent from Smash 4. Still, it seems like a waste when I feel like P:M is going to turn out a superior product overall because it's by the fans for the fans.

And Dixie is great and all, but she's already going to be in Tropical Freeze, I don't need a Dixie fix. :(

That, and it's really stupid to leave out the last remaining major Nintendo villain from the big Nintendo fighting series. Hopefully I won't end up disappointed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, same here I guess! They already have Mewtwo, they give me a challenge to master Diddy as nobody apperantly uses him, Isaac might be added, Dixie will most likely be there... Solo Charizard looks awesome. Link is actually usable. Donkey Kong can cargo combo again... Project M might just be my Smash 4 to.

And yes, am willing to do a Chrono for King K.Rool. I think I already did upvote him though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Project M team did state they aren't going to include any of the characters that are going to be newcomers for Smash 4, so not only are they likely to wait a long time before including another character after 3.0, but if K. Rool ends up in Smash 4 he won't be in Project M.

Top Bottom