• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Living in a tropical freeze country, Bananas are a common part of the daily meals. :p:p

And yes, I love them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bananas being discussed here is actually on-topic. I mean, the King has prooved he does anything for them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Kutthroads, prepare yourselves. Someone around the boards said K. Rool has no chance simply because the DK franchise has not used the Kremlings in a while, and I suggested he visit this thread to see if his mind can be changed. He seems pretty confident that K. Rool has no chance, so he may prove to be rather stubborn.

Normally I wouldn't make such a warning here, but I haven't seen anyone on this thread who has doubted his chances before.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don´t even care if he thinks K.Rool is likely or not. We are most likely gonna get a DKC newcomer anyway, and it´s 50/50 % chance, if not better that K.Rool is the one to be picked for that role. It´s much more likely Dixie would get in after him.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Kutthroads, prepare yourselves. Someone around the boards said K. Rool has no chance simply because the DK franchise has not used the Kremlings in a while, and I suggested he visit this thread to see if his mind can be changed. He seems pretty confident that K. Rool has no chance, so he may prove to be rather stubborn.

Normally I wouldn't make such a warning here, but I haven't seen anyone on this thread who has doubted his chances before.
Wait a darn minute. Who is this man?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In which case I think we shouldn´t even be bothered should we?

D

Deleted member

Someone's being ignorant, are they?

I am highly confident that we are going to get a Donkey Kong newcomer due to the series overall popularity and importance to Nintendo. That newcomer WILL be King K. Rool. Sakurai cannot, and I repeat CANNOT, ignore him at this point. Unless he has been completely blind-sighted in his research to know who are the most popular newcomers, Sakurai should know how popular King K. Rool is. Also Diddy Kong wasn't in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and he got in Brawl. So, just because the Kremlings aren't in Donkey Kong Country Returns (and even Tropical Freeze) doesn't mean that King K. Rool has no shot in SSB4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No Slugma128 was there in the pre-Brawl days to.​
Back then, Zero Suit Samus was his favorite subject though.​

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, it's the dude that has a fetish for Video Geme girl's rear ends and thinks Nintendo is going to cease production of the Wii U. He used the recency argument (that we all know is incredibly weak) at it's finest. (or perhaps rather, it's worst)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If it's hips and rear ends he likes so much, I have no idea why he doesn't support K. Rool, given that K. Rool's are so massive, they cause green shockwaves on impact.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seriously though, the recency argument CAN be used. It´s just that so many have been stupid about it that many despise hearing about it now. However, I really doubt it is anything that holds back our King. And I think it only applies to characters which where hyed / advertised a lot around the time when Smash began development, aside from clones. So Dixie Kong is still quite likely for example cause of her being in Tropical Freeze again after such a long time of having no role.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The recency argument only really holds true for Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters, where we know that Sakurai approaches Game Freak and Intelligent Systems about which characters are currently hot and what ones he should include, and that's mostly because of the ever-shifting natures of those series I presume. I doubt that Sakurai goes to the big heads at Nintendo or Retro to ask what DK character he should include, especially when K. Rool tops most newcomer polls all across the world.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Hope K. Rool is the actual final boss of Tropical Freeze. Not only because he's K. Rool and I consider it nothing less than an atrocity that he's been given the shaft like this, but the whole viking theme would fit in perfectly with his character, especially if we got a final world of viking-themed Kremlings.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hope K. Rool is the actual final boss of Tropical Freeze. Not only because he's K. Rool and I consider it nothing less than an atrocity that he's been given the shaft like this, but the whole viking theme would fit in perfectly with his character, especially if we got a final world of viking-themed Kremlings.
Retro has stated that there's "no Kremlings this time", so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Indeed recency rarely holds any truth, except in the case of Pokemon and Fire Emblem.

I'd love for K. Rool to be the fourth playable character or a secret boss in Tropical Freeze, but I heavily doubt he'll be in. As such I'd love to be proven wrong.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Actually I hope he won't be the boss of Tropical Freeze. I expect a DKC triology by Retrostudios and therefore K.Rool would be even more important if he were the final boss of the 3rd game of Retrostudios' DKC triology. :)

?????????????

Smash Master
I think "recency" is a fair consideration for any series that regularly changes it's main line-up of characters, like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and MOTHER.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Ness is still easily the most iconic of the three protagonists though, not least because he's the only one who actually got an international release, and even a rerelease for Virtual Console.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ness is still easily the most iconic of the three protagonists though, not least because he's the only one who actually got an international release, and even a rerelease for Virtual Console.

Which even was released in Europe. As we never got our EarthBound for SNES back in the day.

But seriously though, since Ridley´s chances are so slim right now, and that in most cases all the hugely demanded characters requested before usually make it in a new Smash game (Melee: Bowser, Peach, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Marth. Brawl: Diddy Kong, Wario, Sonic, Ike, Olimar, MetaKnight, King Dedede) I see no reason not to expect King K.Rool now.

Sure, he wasn´t QUITE as requested as Mega Man was, and I guess Mewtwo at this moment but... There where always a few characters that where a lot more popular than the others in terms of requests. Sonic was more requested than all other Brawl newcomers, but there where quite a lot more requests for Diddy, Wario and King Dedede than most other newcomers for Brawl to.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So the international top 5 could very well have been:

1) Mega Man
2) Mewtwo
3) King K.Rool
4) Roy
5) Probably Ridley or something

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Ridley isn't all that popular in Japan, is he? I suppose the overwhelming demand in the West easily makes up for his lack of demand in Japan, but I'd still hesitate to put him in the top five.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think it's Palutena as number 5 too. Mewtwo > Mega Man > Roy > King K. Rool > Palutena. Dixie is probably around number 6 too.

From what I remember from Chrono's thread, Ridley wasn't talked about a lot in Japan (whereas Palutena was just as popular as MegaMan in terms of the quantity of requests). I think this was due to a lack of general interest in Metroid over there, though they did acknowledge that Ridley is very popular overseas.

Top Bottom