• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pretty much what Wariofan1 (or MasterOfKnees, if you prefer it) said. The Project M team will try to avoid characters which have a strong chance of being in Smash 4. And more importantly, given the limitations of the clone engine, I don't think the Project M team will be able to get as creative as Sakurai in making K. Rool's moveset.

That's why I voted for Dixie in Project:M.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty much what Wariofan1 (or MasterOfKnees, if you prefer it) said. The Project M team will try to avoid characters which have a strong chance of being in Smash 4. And more importantly, given the limitations of the clone engine, I don't think the Project M team will be able to get as creative as Sakurai in making K. Rool's moveset.

That's why I voted for Dixie in Project:M.
Oh my god, yes thank you!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dunno. It's a sticky situation if you ask me. Up-voting Dixie as opposed to K. Rool seems like..just not a good idea if you ACTUALLY want K. Rool, although maybe I've just been overly pessimistic about Smash 4 lately, (and honestly just NEED to see the king in SOMETHING.) and I don't want to use the 5 clone slots on the "easy" characters just because. They're clearly open to any of those listed.

(I did vote for Black Shadow/Ganondorf though. I honestly think that's the first one they'll do because it's so un controversial. And I've always wanted a magic/swords G-Dorf, even though he was my main in Melee and is my secondary in PM behind Ike.)

Still...meh.

Though I guess they WILL probably try and wait long enough to see who is and is not in Smash 4. If K. Rool is somehow absent I suspect his popularity for PM will skyrocket, like it did when he was absent from Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She could be last minute due to receiving late information about her role in Smash 4. The zking could still have the favour over her as the first choice by Sakurai due to his huge demand, originality and all around being a great addition to the balance in Smash.

Groose

Smash Champion
Any easy way I can get my hands on a smaller version of the image in my sig? I decided that it was time that I kick the other peons out of my signature to give K. Rool the full spotlight, but all of the images on the OP are Ridley-sized.

In related news, have you guys seen this video?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Any easy way I can get my hands on a smaller version of the image in my sig? I decided that it was time that I kick the other peons out of my signature to give K. Rool the full spotlight, but all of the images on the OP are Ridley-sized.

In related news, have you guys seen this video?

Man, I remember discussing this video more than a year ago, before last year's U.S. Presidential Election. Those were the days!

Also, I'm leaving these here, since DK64 GIFs are never not welcome in this thread.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I know there's not much I can do about it, but I'll honestly be pissed if K. Rool doesn't make it in. For Brawl I set myself up for disappointment by having high expectations like wanting lots of Japan Only newcomers (I got Lucas at least. :p ) I tried to tone it down and lower my expectations with K. Rool for this upcoming Smash. He's showed up 3 times already (twice as a trophy and once as a sticker) and he's a more reasonable and realistic scenario, and if I can't even get that, if there's a future SSB, I won't even bother wanting newcomers to get in after this one. :p

I'll admit I got excited for a sec when I saw Starship Mario and the Galaxy stage. A rumor a while back predicted this, AND K. Rool and Ridley were in this same "leak". But then I remembered that that leak also anticipated a Direct on Brawl's anniversary, which never happened. But I still have a ray of hope.

Seriously, I don't hate Dixie at all. But her before K. Rool? No thanks. There's a reason why K. Rool has a more active thread than she does here, and he's a bigger subject of debate in forums than Dixie is, regardless of Tropical Freeze. If both are in, great. I'll be happy. All I ask is that Dixie doesn't come BEFORE King K, just because of relevance. K. Rool is a lot more original and badass, not to mention he's been playable in a total of 3 games (one of them being a Mario spinoff, and is one of the best characters in said spinoff IMO)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm personally happy that the K. Rool and Ridley leak was fake, since Ridley was stated to have some weird evolution gimmick. Do Ridley right, or don't add him. I figure K. Rool is going to be in anyways, so eh.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
A rumor a while back predicted this, AND K. Rool and Ridley were in this same "leak". But then I remembered that that leak also anticipated a Direct on Brawl's anniversary, which never happened. But I still have a ray of hope.

Well there's always the possibility that it happens on Brawl's anniversary in 2014 :troll:

Anyways, Dixie and K. Rool are two really high profile newcomers that could be considered part of a league of their own (with Ridley and Mewtwo as well). I see no reason why we can't have both, as both are really popular characters in Japan (K. Rool is Top 4, while Dixie isn't but still gets more requests than everyone but the top 4).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
At this point, I see Dixie as comparable to the likes of Toad and Bandana Dee (a step or two above them, but still similar in premise). They might be potential "underrated" newcomers with whom to pad the final roster, but they're nowhere near as flashy as the fan favorites most people have wanted in since Brawl, regardless of whether a select few lump them in with Ridley/K. Rool/Palutena and then cry foul against all veteran series newcomers when they predictably miss out.

I do feel a bit of sympathy for Dixie in that, if she's playable, she's almost unconditionally going to get hate from portions of the fanbase. If she's in before K. Rool, she gets hate for that, if she's in at all as a semi-clone, the anti-clone fanatics jump all over that as well, and if she's in alongside K. Rool, you'll get dense people bashing them both and claiming that "DK DOESN'T DESERVE FOUR CHARACTERS!!!" It was hard enough for the arcade junkies to accept that DKC deserved content at all, after they had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into accepting Diddy as anything more than "a stupid monkey" pre-Brawl.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
Not to rain on anyone's parade (As I'm just curious), it may have been said before, but what if K. Rool ends up being a background or AT character?
Wait a minute...
Sakurai's K. Rool trophy description said:
The demented head of the Kremlings and big boss in the Donkey Kong series. K. Rool is a giant, greedy glutton with a serious eye tic. While he fits the evil boss mold nicely, he's just enough of a bumbler to have gained a few fans over the years. His plan to blow up the DK Isles with his Blast-O-Matic shows how unbalanced he is.
K. Rool is a giant, greedy glutton with a serious eye tic.
K. Rool is a giant
K. ROOL TOO BIG 4 SMASH :troll:
/endthread

D

Deleted member

Not to rain on anyone's parade (As I'm just curious), it may have been said before, but what if K. Rool ends up being a background or AT character?
In my opinion, that would be a major disservice.

Three major characters that are wanted worldwide are Mewtwo, King K. Rool, and Mega Man. Out of those mentioned characters, Mega Man got confirmed and Mewtwo simply got a "we're thinking about it" statement from Sakurai; there hasn't been anything regarding King K. Rool yet. You know how many people were afraid that Ridley got deconfirmed because of the Pyrosphere and how many people got upset that Toad getting deconfirmed because of today's Pic of the Day? A LOT. If King K. Rool was an Assist Trophy character or a background character, then I would find it to be a giant middle finger to the fans as the whole world wants him. The chaos and debate that has happened today and the Pyrosphere reveal will increase ten-fold if King K. Rool got deconfirmed. He's practically the most wanted Nintendo newcomer at this point; he should not be ignored by Sakurai.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I suddenly now have this mental image of Ridley and King K. Rool, after finding out that they've both been deconfirmed for SSB4, leaving Smashdom forever as they walk into the sunset...

...singing "The Bare Necessities".

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Today, in honor of our favorite Kremling King, I will be typing all hard c's as k's.
Just to show my support to my 2nd most wanted newkomer!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
At this point, I see Dixie as comparable to the likes of Toad and Bandana Dee (a step or two above them, but still similar in premise). They might be potential "underrated" newcomers with whom to pad the final roster, but they're nowhere near as flashy as the fan favorites most people have wanted in since Brawl, regardless of whether a select few lump them in with Ridley/K. Rool/Palutena and then cry foul against all veteran series newcomers when they predictably miss out.

I do feel a bit of sympathy for Dixie in that, if she's playable, she's almost unconditionally going to get hate from portions of the fanbase. If she's in before K. Rool, she gets hate for that, if she's in at all as a semi-clone, the anti-clone fanatics jump all over that as well, and if she's in alongside K. Rool, you'll get dense people bashing them both and claiming that "DK DOESN'T DESERVE FOUR CHARACTERS!!!" It was hard enough for the arcade junkies to accept that DKC deserved content at all, after they had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into accepting Diddy as anything more than "a stupid monkey" pre-Brawl.

I was almost pushed to hunt and kill those people you speak of in your last sentance.

Also, do the Kuttroaths actually eat bananas? I really like them. They are usually my favorite breakfast, or major part of it. And I really like eating one prior excercise to.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I...actually hate bananas, so I fit right in here. That said, I did see Banana Cream Pie on one of the dessert menus offered on the cruise I went on this March, the same one where I witnessed Little Mac chilling at a table on the pool deck. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity to sample Candy's famous Banana Cream Pie recipe, I bit the bullet and ordered it. I can see why Toon DK never shuts up about them. :awesome:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I do like bananas. So much so I might've pulled a K. Rool and stolen at least SOME of DK's hoard, because my god, did those giant bananas look delicious.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bananas are one of my favorite fruit, and there aren't many fruits that I like. I usually only have Bananas as part of my breakfast, sometimes as a snack as well.

Top Bottom