• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
My friend Smokey has come up with another theory for the Dark Pit Glitch
FF827CB8-55E8-4524-9BFA-02EEB3706BB8.jpeg

C9D55A3F-EE09-4389-BE80-9474E00DD1C5.jpeg

23CF41BF-E822-4E2A-B09C-82C85167A9F7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
My friend Smokey has come up with another theory for the Dark Pit GlitchView attachment 306187
View attachment 306188
View attachment 306189
This I can get behind. In the actual games, Ryu has never used those kunai on his legs except in NG3(RE) where he'll actually reach for and throw them while kunai climbing. I wonder how the glitch works though because I just tried it in training mode and could never get them to stick on Dark Pit. I've tried reflecting them back to me against other characters' reflectors, shot other Dark Pits, and the arrows do not curve enough to come back to Dark Pit like Pit's. Of course, I'm still skeptical of it meaning Ryu is coming to Smash but whatever, not like we have anything else to talk about in the mean time...

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
This I can get behind. In the actual games, Ryu has never used those kunai on his legs except in NG3(RE) where he'll actually reach for and throw them while kunai climbing. I wonder how the glitch works though because I just tried it in training mode and could never get them to stick on Dark Pit. I've tried reflecting them back to me against other characters' reflectors, shot other Dark Pits, and the arrows do not curve enough to come back to Dark Pit like Pit's. Of course, I'm still skeptical of it meaning Ryu is coming to Smash but whatever, not like we have anything else to talk about in the mean time...
I’m not sure if the original Twitter poster said how he or she did it, you can ask them if you like their post is posted here

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
THAT’S ALSO TRUE!
ALSO HERO’S GAME REVEALED IN FEBRUARY, HERO IN SMASH AT JUNE E3
NINJA GAIDEN TRILOGY REVEALED IN FEBRUARY AND RELEASING IN JUNE, HAYABUSA REVEAL IN JUNE MAYBE!?
ALSO STEVE WAS REVEALED AND COINCIDED ALONGSIDE MINECRAFT LIVE AND SEPHIROTH WAS REVEALED AT TGA TO COINCIDE WITH IT HAVING A MAJOR PRESENCE THERE AND THE MONSTER HUNTER MII’S WERE RELEASED TO COINCIDE WITH MONSTER HUNTER RISE AS WELL AS ARTHUR WITH GHOSTS ‘N GOBLINS, IM JUST SAYING ITS POSSIBLE ALSO SORRY FOR CAPITALIZATION I JUST HAVE SO MUCH SPECULATIVE HYPE RIGHT NOW
If Hayabusa is in, he’ll probable be revealed at E3.
I can see Nintendo wanting to do a double reveal of Ryu Hayabusa and Crash Bandicoot like they did with Hero and Banjo and Kazooie.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of the whole Dark Pit glitch thing we already know that there is a lot of evidence for
Ryu Hayabusa to join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate especially since we keep getting KOEI TECMO spirits this far into the Smash DLC Cycle (Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity and PERSONA 5: THE PHANTOM STRIKERS) and with Square Enix getting two spirit events before Sephiroth’s announcement it is possible that KOEI TECMO being consulted still this late in the pass is a good sign but there are two things that are really convincing me that Ryu Hayabusa might be the very next character:
1.) Vergeben’s Nintendo and KOEI TECMO talks: We know for a fact that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was indeed discussed by Nintendo and KOEI TECMO and I personally feel that it was for something beyond just Byleth as I’ve said already they were consulted for the spirits mentioned above so I’m pretty confident that given their partnership as well as the continuous addition of spirits from them,
KOEI TECMO is still on board with Smash and given Nintendo and KOEI TECMO’S partnership with each other, I feel as though negotiating a character between the two wouldn’t really be that difficult since Nintendo was able to easily acquire Banjo & Kazooie and Steve due to their partnership with Microsoft or better yet acquire Yuri Kozukata from FATAL FRAME due to their relationship with KOEI TECMO. It would be one of those situations were Nintendo goes “Hey we want to do this and this is that alright?” and KOEI TECMO would definitely say “Yeah sure go ahead!” as Yosuke Hayashi has said in the past that the studio was always open to the idea of Ryu Hayabusa joining the Super Smash Bros. series
2.) Lloyd Irving Mii Costume is still missing:
Now this one as you all know I have been freaking out over for the past few sections but after a bit I am convinced that the Lloyd Irving Mii Costume may point towards Ryu Hayabusa. It is definitely suspicious that the Lloyd Irving Mii Costume was not released alongside Pyra and Mythra as that would’ve been a perfect opportunity to do so and the past is most likely repeating itself here. The Geno Mii Costume was strangely Missing with Hero despite Hero getting Square Enix Mii’s and it took awhile but in retrospect it was always intentional that they held back Geno because of Sephiroth, the Travis Touchdown Mii was also intentionally placed with Steve from MINECRAFT due to their similarities in weapon, and Sans was with Banjo & Kazooie due to their similarities in speech patterns:
(Banjo: “UHUHUHUH”)
(Sans: “EHEHEHEHEH”)
So since the patterns have not stopped I feel as though the Lloyd Irving Mii Costume is no exception and if I’m honest the Costume itself can only really fit one person if that’s the case: Ryu Hayabusa, due to them both having scarfs and Katanas (also Lloyd Irving has a ninja outfit in his series and he looks super cool in it), so with every Mii Costume returning it feels as though the Lloyd Mii Costume is being held off for (most likely) the next fighter and since we are expecting the next fighter in June (which also happens to be the same time NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA TRILOGY is releasing) the timing lines up perfectly

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I can't believe I'm just finding out about Sophie and Arthur getting spirits! 😖

RETROROTER RETROROTER Just temper your expectations dude. Lots of characters have had plenty of evidence going for them, but haven't happened yet, and likely wil not happen despite all the evidence. There's only 2 characters left, and Sakuari even softly confirmed in the Pyra/Mythra presentation that there will be NO Fighter Pass 3 after those last 2 characters. I believe the chances for Hayabusa are really, really good too and that he's highly possible to be the next one (though I'm predicting Challenger 10 to release in May instead of June), but I'm still not gonna say that it's 100% confirmed he's next. A lot of people in other forums fall into that trap and then wind up disappointed and salty when the character winds up not being the one they wanted.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
RETROROTER RETROROTER Just temper your expectations dude. Lots of characters have had plenty of evidence going for them, but haven't happened yet, and likely wil not happen despite all the evidence.
That's what I keep telling Crash supporters, yet they still cling onto said evidence being sure he's guaranteed or a lock.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
No use man, that's what I kept telling Crash supporters.
That is unfortunately one of the forums I was referring to. Then again, I shouldn't really talk, since my predictions for whose next have been REALLY bad ever since Challenger 4. What do I mean?

1) When the SNK leak happened, I predicted Nakoruru to be Challenger 4, but it wound up being Terry.
2) I predicted Challenger 5 to be either KOS-MOS or Ryu Hayabusa, but it was Byleth.
3) For the ARMS character I was predicting Ribbon Girl, but it was Min Min.
4) For Challenger 7, I predicted Rex & Pyra, but it was Steve.
5) For Challenger 8, I was predicting either Ryu or Crash, but it was Sephiroth.
6) And for Challenger 9 I was predicting either Ryu or Crash again, but it was Pyra and Mythra.

Maybe I should stop trying to predict characters as I've had six strikes already 🤦‍♂️

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's tempering expectations, and there's assuming no one would ever get anything "nice".

Just wait and see if there is a third, final, final pass announced around Summer or so. If not, then you can panic.

Besides, Hayabusa and Crash both have revived series now, so they're hardly going to not stand a chance in the future regardless how DLC support for this ends.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
There's tempering expectations, and there's assuming no one would ever get anything "nice".

Just wait and see if there is a third, final, final pass announced around Summer or so. If not, then you can panic.

Besides, Hayabusa and Crash both have revived series now, so they're hardly going to not stand a chance in the future regardless how DLC support for this ends.
I literally just said that Sakurai basically said in the Pyra Presentation that there isn't going to be a Fighter Pass 3. And maybe if people in these forums didn't always become so doom and gloom every time a fake leak or random screenshot comes out referencing their most wanted characters not making it, or freak out when it's not a character they want, despite them always saying beforehand "No matter who it is, don't be mad, because there's always next time!", then I wouldn't have to keep reminding people to temper their expectations so much.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Lol all I was doing was just sharing evidence for his inclusion, I never said that yes it’s 100% him
You're not sharing evidence, though. Claims like Sans was released as a Mii costume with Banjo because of the similar way they speak sounds so ludacris and highly unlikely. Travis was added with Steve because of similar weapons? I mean, wut, are you talking about their blue swords??? You can only do so much to create so many coincidences in your mind that happen to support your most wanted. I'm fine with theorycrafting but don't claim it as hard evidence. Ryu may or not be coming so I wouldn't put so much stake in anything.

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
That is unfortunately one of the forums I was referring to. Then again, I shouldn't really talk, since my predictions for whose next have been REALLY bad ever since Challenger 4. What do I mean?

1) When the SNK leak happened, I predicted Nakoruru to be Challenger 4, but it wound up being Terry.
2) I predicted Challenger 5 to be either KOS-MOS or Ryu Hayabusa, but it was Byleth.
5) For Challenger 8, I was predicting either Ryu or Crash, but it was Sephiroth.
6) And for Challenger 9 I was predicting either Ryu or Crash again, but it was Pyra and Mythra.

Maybe I should stop trying to predict characters as I've had six strikes already 🤦‍♂️
I'm surprised anybody would predict Nakoruru. I myself figured that it was going to be either Terry or Athena since they both can be consider SNK mascots. Even in the reveal trailer when neither character was shown up until Terry was revealed, I knew it had to be one of them.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I'm surprised anybody would predict Nakoruru. I myself figured that it was going to be either Terry or Athena since they both can be consider SNK mascots. Even in the reveal trailer when neither character was shown up until Terry was revealed, I knew it had to be one of them.
That was more me being hopeful than objective I will admit

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I saw the Pyra/Mythra presentation Thursday and I have been playing as them lately and they are a lot of fun! But I've thinking about how in the presentation that Sakurai mentioned that are from Monolith Soft. And he said that they helped create Breathe of the Wild along with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. And I got the vibe that their inclusion was like a gift from Nintendo for there collaborations on their projects. Monolith Soft even tweeted out a little video of Pyra/Mythra's inclusion. (Though Shulk was in base roster, like FF7, his universe was kinda lacking) As we all know Koei Tecmo has been very supportive. I guess what I'm saying is, is that these past DLC characters seem somewhat like appreciative connections to companies whose worked with Nintendo. Using Smash as a proxy to build stronger connections. Like Monolith Soft, Intelligent Systems, SNK (though the former two are second-party companies owned by Nintendo) or third parties they want to get closer with like Atlus, Square Enix & Microsoft. And I could see Koei Tecmo & Hayabusa getting that "thank you" treatment soon. And though I don't really believe much in rumors or leaks, Minecraft content & Hayabusa have been in the rumor mill since like 2018, along with Xenoblade 2 and Arms hypothetical cut. Season 2 seems to be where the stuff that was put on hold or possibly cut from base roster inclusion seems to be cropping up. Of course, it could all amount to nothing but fingers crossed.

(Sorry this was long, just typing out some thoughts lol)

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I saw the Pyra/Mythra presentation Thursday and I have been playing as them lately and they are a lot of fun! But I've thinking about how in the presentation that Sakurai mentioned that are from Monolith Soft. And he said that they helped create Breathe of the Wild along with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. And I got the vibe that their inclusion was like a gift from Nintendo for there collaborations on their projects. Monolith Soft even tweeted out a little video of Pyra/Mythra's inclusion. (Though Shulk was in base roster, like FF7, his universe was kinda lacking) As we all know Koei Tecmo has been very supportive. I guess what I'm saying is, is that these past DLC characters seem somewhat like appreciative connections to companies whose worked with Nintendo. Using Smash as a proxy to build stronger connections. Like Monolith Soft, Intelligent Systems, SNK (though the former two are second-party companies owned by Nintendo) or third parties they want to get closer with like Atlus, Square Enix & Microsoft. And I could see Koei Tecmo & Hayabusa getting that "thank you" treatment soon. And though I don't really believe much in rumors or leaks, Minecraft content & Hayabusa have been in the rumor mill since like 2018, along with Xenoblade 2 and Arms hypothetical cut. Season 2 seems to be where the stuff that was put on hold or possibly cut from base roster inclusion seems to be cropping up. Of course, it could all amount to nothing but fingers crossed.

(Sorry this was long, just typing out some thoughts lol)
You kept it short compared to me 😂 and I agree with the points you made

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
It seems as though Dark Pit isn’t the only one having Bow issues
86AA067C-43F2-4ABF-B2C1-078E1876E742.png

I am not trying to jump the gun or anything but this could potentially point towards the fact that the next fighter uses a bow and arrow and my mind of course only goes to one person
09B946A8-436D-44C2-95C0-AE13C9CFC8E5.jpeg

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
It seems as though Dark Pit isn’t the only one having Bow issuesView attachment 306384
I am not trying to jump the gun or anything but this could potentially point towards the fact that the next fighter uses a bow and arrow and my mind of course only goes to one personView attachment 306386
With this glitch, It says any projectile is affected, so it's not just Bow and Arrow

The main point of this glitch is that Projectiles now sometimes might not hit the HEAD Hitbox of a character that is moving forward or Dashing. if this were to Implicate a character, it would be one that could perhaps shift their hurtbox, Some type of passive that makes Projectiles graze off of them, or perhaps there's some Headshot mechanic (though I heard Marth and Lucina already have that, but I'm not sure)

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
With this glitch, It says any projectile is affected, so it's not just Bow and Arrow

The main point of this glitch is that Projectiles now sometimes might not hit the HEAD Hitbox of a character that is moving forward or Dashing. if this were to Implicate a character, it would be one that could perhaps shift their hurtbox, Some type of passive that makes Projectiles graze off of them, or perhaps there's some Headshot mechanic (though I heard Marth and Lucina already have that, but I'm not sure)
Hayabusa can also do that as he reflects projectiles in his game and does that super speed thing
F7BD1567-6788-4649-8353-D973EA238776.jpeg

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I advice everyone to take these glitches with a pitcher of salt, they never pan out and they never point to who the next character. To give a recent example, there was that one weird Daisy float glitch that appeared after Min Min release. People thought the glitch might point towards Reimu, but in the end we got Steve who is not an air fighter. These glitches never really point towards who the next fighter are, and they haven't been successful in doing so yet.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Hayabusa can also do that as he reflects projectiles in his game and does that super speed thingView attachment 306438
Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what super speed thing you're talking about. And by reflecting projectiles do you mean just blocking them? Because I've never seen Ryu reflect projectiles while running or blocking in the games, unless it's in a cutscene or something I'm missing. Otherwise, I don't know what game(s) you're referring too. The only time I remember Ryu ever able to reflect projectiles is in Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword where he has to attack the projectile at the right time to do so.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what super speed thing you're talking about. And by reflecting projectiles do you mean just blocking them? Because I've never seen Ryu reflect projectiles while running or blocking in the games, unless it's in a cutscene or something I'm missing. Otherwise, I don't know what game(s) you're referring too. The only time I remember Ryu ever able to reflect projectiles is in Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword where he has to attack the projectile at the right time to do so.
https://images.app.goo.gl/sQbxqgS48QGRE9b38 When he does this

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
So an Ultimate Technique? He's not reflecting any projectiles. If you're referring to the green essence there, he's absorbing it to charge the Ultimate Technique instantly. There's no reflection happening here. He's also just invulnerable during it and can't get hurt by anything, including projectiles. Projectiles may touch him, sure, but he won't be reflecting them during Ultimate Techniques.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Hey y'all! Hope you're doing well. I've honestly been pretty of doubtful of Ryu since Pyra/Mythra were announced, but I think it's still possible. I think his best bet at this point is a double reveal during E3 or being the very last. I still really want to see our favorite shinobi, but I'm definately keeping my expectations in check this time.

That's what I keep telling Crash supporters, yet they still cling onto said evidence being sure he's guaranteed or a lock.

No offense, but I don't really know what you two are talking about. I haven't seen anyone say Crash is a lock on his thread. Were all just hopeful and excited over there. I would also recommend that everyone temper their expectations, no matter who they're rooting for.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I kinda just want to say sorry for going a little crazy about the whole glitch theories, I just really want to see Ryu Hayabusa join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a fighter and I think I got a little TOO speculative, so sorry in advance it’s just he has so much going for him, with the Nintendo and Koei Tecmo Smash discussion rumors too them already having stuff in the game with Yuri Kozukata and such, it just when I see evidence for other characters it’s awesome and I love to speculate and see what they have going for them like Crash Bandicoot or even Banjo & Kazooie at the time leading up to E3 I was all about Banjo speculation but now that I know that there’s a chance to get Hayabusa in here as a fighter as he was my second most wanted during the Banjo-Kazooie times I just can’t help but try and find everything and anything in his favor and when I see HIS evidence specifically I’ve honestly never seen this much for a character before, so anyway sorry for coming on too strong is all I wanted to say for today and I will of course still be on the lookout for any more evidence for his inclusion and hope for the best

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Hey guys I kinda just want to say sorry for going a little crazy about the whole glitch theories, I just really want to see Ryu Hayabusa join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a fighter and I think I got a little TOO speculative, so sorry in advance it’s just he has so much going for him, with the Nintendo and Koei Tecmo Smash discussion rumors too them already having stuff in the game with Yuri Kozukata and such, it just when I see evidence for other characters it’s awesome and I love to speculate and see what they have going for them like Crash Bandicoot or even Banjo & Kazooie at the time leading up to E3 I was all about Banjo speculation but now that I know that there’s a chance to get Hayabusa in here as a fighter as he was my second most wanted during the Banjo-Kazooie times I just can’t help but try and find everything and anything in his favor and when I see HIS evidence specifically I’ve honestly never seen this much for a character before, so anyway sorry for coming on too strong is all I wanted to say for today and I will of course still be on the lookout for any more evidence for his inclusion and hope for the best
Sorry if I got a bit aggressive toward you, myself. But I like to be realistic about this stuff at the same time.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I got a bit aggressive toward you, myself. But I like to be realistic about this stuff at the same time.
It’s alright there is definitely nothing wrong in being real when it comes to speculation, although I do have one speculation question for all of you guys: We obviously know that in retrospect the Geno Mii Costume was saved for a second Square Enix rep and costumes like Heihachi and Gil were saved for Steve and Min Min respectively, my question is why do you guys personally think the Lloyd Irving Mii Costume has been held off on? I personally don’t think it’s Lloyd as a fighter (which would be really awesome but I don’t think it is) So what do you think it’s for?

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
It’s alright there is definitely nothing wrong in being real when it comes to speculation, although I do have one speculation question for all of you guys: We obviously know that in retrospect the Geno Mii Costume was saved for a second Square Enix rep and costumes like Heihachi and Gil were saved for Steve and Min Min respectively, my question is why do you guys personally think the Lloyd Irving Mii Costume has been held off on? I personally don’t think it’s Lloyd as a fighter (which would be really awesome but I don’t think it is) So what do you think it’s for?
They don't need a reason to hold off on Lloyd's Mii costume for last. It could be just complete coincidence that it just happens then. There's also Tales of Arise with a release date of this year but afaik it's not coming to Switch so that may be a moot point. Not everything needs a reason for happening. Did the Monster Hunter Mii costumes come with a playable Monster Hunter or Capcom rep? No. Then it's a complete possibility that Lloyd will also come with an unrelated character for no reason whatsoever than just needing to return from Smash 4. Again, being last doesn't make it any more special than others. Of course, the Mii costume coming with a Namco rep is also a possibility.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I feel like talking about Ninja Gaiden, so hello everyone!

I've been on a huge Ninja Gaiden kick these past few weeks. The announcement of the Master Collection has me so excited. I've only ever played Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge and only finished the latter. I know that Razor's Edge gets a lot of flack, but I honestly loved it. It's probably one of my top 5 Wii U games. I'm really excited to play it again, along with the rest of the trilogy in June. I've also been learning the speedrun for the original Ninja Gaiden on NES, which might be the dumbest decision I've ever made, but it's actually been surprisingly fun! It's tough, but learning the levels inside and out is really satisfying.

Maaan, I really hope Hayabusa makes it in. I honestly don't think about him all that much because I've always just expected him to be in Fighters Pass 2. I really have been getting a little bit nervous for him though. I definitely still think he's a front runner. He has everything going for him. Still, with only two slots left, I am getting a little antsy. Let's hope that he pulls through.

Anyway, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy if you're still adding supporters, I'd love to be one of them. Ninja Gaiden belongs in Smash, without a doubt.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I feel like talking about Ninja Gaiden, so hello everyone!

I've been on a huge Ninja Gaiden kick these past few weeks. The announcement of the Master Collection has me so excited. I've only ever played Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge and only finished the latter. I know that Razor's Edge gets a lot of flack, but I honestly loved it. It's probably one of my top 5 Wii U games. I'm really excited to play it again, along with the rest of the trilogy in June. I've also been learning the speedrun for the original Ninja Gaiden on NES, which might be the dumbest decision I've ever made, but it's actually been surprisingly fun! It's tough, but learning the levels inside and out is really satisfying.

Maaan, I really hope Hayabusa makes it in. I honestly don't think about him all that much because I've always just expected him to be in Fighters Pass 2. I really have been getting a little bit nervous for him though. I definitely still think he's a front runner. He has everything going for him. Still, with only two slots left, I am getting a little antsy. Let's hope that he pulls through.

Anyway, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy if you're still adding supporters, I'd love to be one of them. Ninja Gaiden belongs in Smash, without a doubt.
Well think about it this way, almost all of the major choices have been made, we have Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry Bogard, Byleth, Min Min, Steve, Sephiroth, and now Pyra and Mythra, almost all of the realizable and negotiable choices have been done and ATLUS, Square Enix, SNK, and Microsoft are out of the way, a Nintendo rep is obviously never out of the way as this is a Nintendo crossover, but what I’m saying is yeah if Sakurai and Nintendo wanted too they could easily go to any company and ask for a character that’s true, but and this just me speculating and nothing more, Nintendo seems to team up primarily with their partners as well as other Japanese companies when it comes to reps, yes you do have Microsoft here but once again that is easy to do given their partnership. Most of the third parties are from Japanese companies such as SEGA, Bandai Namco, CAPCOM, Konami, and more so it’s very easy (in my opinion I could totally be wrong) to work within distance that is why I am saying that in terms of Japanese companies most of them are out of the way in the sense that they already have a playable character in this pass or they are represented through Spirits or Mii Costumes. Yes we do have Japanese companies such as ARC SYSTEMS WORKS and Natsume and such that would be easy to work with (at least I hope they would be easy to work with) but none of those companies have what KOEI TECMO does, which is the INSANELY strong partnership with each other (no offense or diss intended to other companies). As we have repeated Nintendo and KOEI TECMO’S bromance to death I won’t go much further on it but my point is is when it comes to realizable and negotiable choices (meaning that they could easily go up to the IP holder/third party and say “hey we want to do this and this is that ok?” and they easily respond “yeah sure let’s make that happen!”) KOEI TECMO seems to be the easiest to choose from a business standpoint. Once again Nintendo can easily go to many other companies and ask and they can also very well say yes but given that they have gone with their strong Third Party partners (Square Enix Microsoft, Monolithsoft) throughout this pass, KOEI TECMO is definitely one to consider (P.S. I know Monolithsoft is owned by Nintendo but they are a Japanese company nonetheless so I just thought I’d throw them in there)

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Ryu Hayabusa and Crash Bandicoot both being revealed around E3 time.
This is the dream. Even though it’s become an extremely common prediction, this really does sound like the perfect ending. Both characters have always been strong picks, and unlike other popular predictions, Crash and Hayabusa have only seemed likelier and likelier as time’s passed.

I know that we only have two slots left and probably shouldn’t expect anyone, but I can’t help it. These two just have everything going for them.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
This is the dream. Even though it’s become an extremely common prediction, this really does sound like the perfect ending. Both characters have always been strong picks, and unlike other popular predictions, Crash and Hayabusa have only seemed likelier and likelier as time’s passed.

I know that we only have two slots left and probably shouldn’t expect anyone, but I can’t help it. These two just have everything going for them.
Ryu and Crash would be a great ending to Smash Ultimate imho

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
Hayabusa would be good enough for me. Though I would love for Billy and Jimmy Lee to be revealed too, I don't think an ASW character is happening, so it's just Hayabusa for me.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Yeah, I’m not even big on Crash. His games aren’t really my thing, and when it comes to “Western platforming icons” I prefer Spyro and Rayman. Objectively speaking though, Crash is one of the absolute best ways to close out Ultimate given his insane popularity and importance to gaming.

A Hayabusa/Crash dual reveal at E3 sounds like a perfect send off, and would make for a great follow up to Hero/Banjo from two years ago.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
We can talk about what would make the biggest reveals but I hope we aren't expecting them to actually happen. Just like how we can't expect Hayabusa to happen so too can't we expect Crash to happen. Hoping for both of them is an even taller order all things considered.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I’m trying my best not to expect anything. With how many possible characters could be added, two slots isn’t enough to be truly confident in anyone. That said, sometimes it just feels like it’s a character’s time. Things have lined up really well for Ryu. Most of my predictions, as well as most of my most wanteds, seem to be pretty unlikely at this point, while Hayabusa still stands tall. I assure that I’m still keeping my expectations in check, even if I am putting quite a bit of stock into his chances.

Last edited:
Top Bottom