• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Basically what I’m saying is, we’ll probably get a better idea about our options after the Mii Costumes are shown off. Also curious question, do you guys think that the Nintendo and Koei Tecmo discussions about Smash that happened were just about the Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Event? Or do you guys think that there’s still more Koei Tecmo to come?
If they got an SNK character in the last pass, Koei Tecmo not asked at all about a character would be quite baffling considering Koei Tecmo's done way more than SNK for Nintendo. That's why I trust at least some more content from them will come, be it a Spirit Event, Mii costumes, etc. The likelihood of Ryu being a Mii costume or Ninja Gaiden being given a Spirit Event is quite high after the reveal of Ninja Gaiden Master Collection I'll frankly have to admit.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
If they got an SNK character in the last pass, Koei Tecmo not asked at all about a character would be quite baffling considering Koei Tecmo's done way more than SNK for Nintendo. That's why I trust at least some more content from them will come, be it a Spirit Event, Mii costumes, etc. The likelihood of Ryu being a Mii costume or Ninja Gaiden being given a Spirit Event is quite high after the reveal of Ninja Gaiden Master Collection I'll frankly have to admit.
I know right? It is so baffling to me that Nintendo is limiting Koei Tecmo to things like just making the Byleth trailer and just asking them about Spirits for Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, it honestly doesn’t make sense why Nintendo wants to keep adding stuff from Square Enix and potentially CAPCOM (as Monster Hunter might be the last character) when those 2 have so much ****ing content already in the game and Koei Tecmo who has given you so much gets sidelined like this and that’s what really pisses me off about this. It’s like “SNK oh yeah definitely let’s get them a character!”, “CAPCOM? Definitely! Let’s get them on board!”, “Square Enix and Microsoft? Sure we’ll give them more!”, “Koei Tecmo? Who’s that? Oh those guys? Uhhh let’s give them a Mii or Spirit Event or actually do we need to give them anything at all?” That’s what it feels like and if Crash and Monster Hunter are it then that seriously sucks, Crash I’m okay with as he’s a Video Game icon and deserves the spot, Monster Hunter on the other hand while I like them, they have Rathalos as a boss AND assist trophy, Music, and CAPCOM has THREE characters, do they really need more? Once again I like Monster Hunter and would be very happy to see them, but if I had to choose between Monster Hunter and Ryu Hayabusa, I’d choose Ryu Hayabusa because he deserves it, he’s a Video Game icon who has established so much in gaming such as difficultly and cutscenes and with so much evidence going for him it seriously kinda hurts that he would just end up being Mii Costume’d, a spirit event I could live with though. Honestly I really hate this particular period of time as I really don’t know the way things are gonna go my dudes, Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hayabusa, and Monster Hunter are the 3 most likely characters at the moment, so if we don’t get Monster Hunter Mii’s with Pyra and Mythra, then that’s definitely suspicious as they wouldn’t fit with someone like Crash Bandicoot and it would most likely hint at them being playable (remember 3 houses didn’t have a spirit event and then we got Byleth) also I just want to say that whenever ANYTHING happens for Hayabusa we always seem to come up short which really sucks especially since once again he has so much going for him and then it results in nothing and it really pisses me off that Nintendo is treating and prioritizing other companies over Koei Tecmo when Koei Tecmo has also done so much for them

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
I know right? It is so baffling to me that Nintendo is limiting Koei Tecmo to things like just making the Byleth trailer and just asking them about Spirits for Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, it honestly doesn’t make sense why Nintendo wants to keep adding stuff from Square Enix and potentially CAPCOM (as Monster Hunter might be the last character) when those 2 have so much ****ing content already in the game and Koei Tecmo who has given you so much gets sidelined like this and that’s what really pisses me off about this. It’s like “SNK oh yeah definitely let’s get them a character!”, “CAPCOM? Definitely! Let’s get them on board!”, “Square Enix and Microsoft? Sure we’ll give them more!”, “Koei Tecmo? Who’s that? Oh those guys? Uhhh let’s give them a Mii or Spirit Event or actually do we need to give them anything at all?” That’s what it feels like and if Crash and Monster Hunter are it then that seriously sucks, Crash I’m okay with as he’s a Video Game icon and deserves the spot, Monster Hunter on the other hand while I like them, they have Rathalos as a boss AND assist trophy, Music, and CAPCOM has THREE characters, do they really need more? Once again I like Monster Hunter and would be very happy to see them, but if I had to choose between Monster Hunter and Ryu Hayabusa, I’d choose Ryu Hayabusa because he deserves it, he’s a Video Game icon who has established so much in gaming such as difficultly and cutscenes and with so much evidence going for him it seriously kinda hurts that he would just end up being Mii Costume’d, a spirit event I could live with though. Honestly I really hate this particular period of time as I really don’t know the way things are gonna go my dudes, Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hayabusa, and Monster Hunter are the 3 most likely characters at the moment, so if we don’t get Monster Hunter Mii’s with Pyra and Mythra, then that’s definitely suspicious as they wouldn’t fit with someone like Crash Bandicoot and it would most likely hint at them being playable (remember 3 houses didn’t have a spirit event and then we got Byleth) also I just want to say that whenever ANYTHING happens for Hayabusa we always seem to come up short which really sucks especially since once again he has so much going for him and then it results in nothing and it really pisses me off that Nintendo is treating and prioritizing other companies over Koei Tecmo when Koei Tecmo has also done so much for them
Personally, I like this possible disorderly patern:
First-party / +or- adult rep / +or- good child rep
:ultpiranha: :ultjoker::ulthero:
:ultbyleth::ult_terry::ultbanjokazooie:
:ultminmin:ultsephiroth::ultsteve:
(Pyra) / Ryu? / Crash?

I don't think Hunter will take the slot. Capcom has no reason to be more represented like in Sm4sh before.
First, Smash seems to have already preferred:
• Bayonetta instead of Dante, created by a former Capcom employee.
• Terry instead of Chun-Li, created by a former Capcom employee.
• Strengthen new alliances in Ultimate DLC (Atlus, Squenix again and again, Microsoft x2 and SNK).
Then, would you think that a Costume upgrade could come as a penultimate / ultimate DLC? That it could come as a promotional fighter ? In this case, Hunter would have the worst marketing smell among all the third party characters. Rise won't remain a Switch exclusive and, for the promo, Nintendo has already obtained 3 Amiibos.
In my opinion, Hunter is already one less contender.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I like this possible disorderly patern:
First-party / +or- adult rep / +or- good child rep
:ultpiranha: :ultjoker::ulthero:
:ultbyleth::ult_terry::ultbanjokazooie:
:ultminmin:ultsephiroth::ultsteve:
(Pyra) / Ryu? / Crash?

I don't think Hunter will take the slot. Capcom has no reason to be more represented like in Sm4sh before.
First, Smash seems to have already preferred:
• Bayonetta instead of Dante, created by a former Capcom employee.
• Terry instead of Chun-Li, created by a former Capcom employee.
• Strengthen new alliances in Ultimate DLC (Atlus, Squenix again and again, Microsoft x2 and SNK).
Then, would you think that a Costume upgrade could come as a penultimate / ultimate DLC? That it could come as a promotional fighter ? In this case, Hunter would have the worst marketing smell among all the third party characters. Rise won't remain a Switch exclusive and, for the promo, Nintendo has already obtained 3 Amiibos.
In my opinion, Hunter is already one less contender.
Uhhh, I’m sorry but this makes no sense I mean I agree that they do pick characters based on genre and stuff But wouldn't Monster Hunter be an "adult rep", And they didn't choose Bayonetta over Dante, Bayo was a Wii U Exclusive, And they "choose" Terry over Chun Li, but they added Ken in this game though, Also Rise is a Nintendo Exclusive and Monster Hunter is more then a promotional pick, Legit one of the top video game franchises in the world

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Like I said before, if Hayabusa does get in as a Mii costume, I would tolerate it for as long as I can. Because being a Mii costume is the second best thing to being a playable character. At least you get to control and visibly see the character during gameplay, which is better than just seeing them show up for a few seconds and then leaving.

But being a Mii costume also means that they don't get any stages, music, spirits (which is strange), bios, and (most disappointing) Classic Mode. Had they had all this, I probably would be okay if Hayabusa was a Mii costume but unfortunately, they don't get the same treatment as a playable character, even though they really should. Without all that, Hayabusa not being a playable would just be a total disrespect to his legacy in video games. He's way too big to only just be a Mii costume. Playable character is the best thing for him.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Like I said before, if Hayabusa does get in as a Mii costume, I would tolerate it for as long as I can. Because being a Mii costume is the second best thing to being a playable character. At least you get to control and visibly see the character during gameplay, which is better than just seeing them show up for a few seconds and then leaving.
Disagree. Mii costumes are probably the most pathetic excuse for a consolation prize imo (right after the lazy PNG renders they call spirits), specially since it’s not even the character himself you’re playing it’s just a lame Mii avatar with a very poor costume based on that character. Assist Trophies are a much more acceptable consolation prize imo, even tho they’re not playable at least you can tell that the character himself you wanted gets to make an appearance in battle, with unique animations and a gorgeous looking 3D model. Not to mention it’s always exciting to see what they’re gonna do whereas with Miis the only innovation you get is the costume, the moveset is the same boring thing as it was before. Sadly there’s no such thing as DLC Assist Trophies.

All in all, I just hope Ryu gets to be a real newcomer as he deserves. This pass so far has been incredibly disappointing so it would be great if at least one awesome character got in, instead of being given the horrendous Mii costume treatment like poor Bomberman and Geno.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Disagree. Mii costumes are probably the most pathetic excuse for a consolation prize imo (right after the lazy PNG renders they call spirits), specially since it’s not even the character himself you’re playing it’s just a lame Mii avatar with a very poor costume based on that character. Assist Trophies are a much more acceptable consolation prize imo, even tho they’re not playable at least you can tell that the character himself you wanted gets to make an appearance in battle, with unique animations and a gorgeous looking 3D model. Not to mention it’s always exciting to see what they’re gonna do whereas with Miis the only innovation you get is the costume, the moveset is the same boring thing as it was before. Sadly there’s no such thing as DLC Assist Trophies.

All in all, I just hope Ryu gets to be a real newcomer as he deserves. This pass so far has been incredibly disappointing so it would be great if at least one awesome character got in, instead of being given the horrendous Mii costume treatment like poor Bomberman and Geno.
Basically, the exact opposite of how I feel. I still understand, though. What I do like about Assist Trophies is, like you said, they have their own unique models, voices, and attacks. It's just that the downside is these characters only showing up at random times and when they do show up, it's only for a few seconds and that's it. I'd rather feel like I'm playing the character than just simply looking at them whenever they appear. I do wish there were DLC Assist Trophies, though. I would have liked to see AT from the other series.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, with the presentation in less than 3 days from now, we can only hope for the best since it's going to be a grab bag wave of Mii costumes

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

Mii Costumes are only great if they are of the Sans/Cuphead/Black Knight variety, where the Mii is completely covered. The moveset still feels off (which is why Bomberman's Mii Costume is really lame tbh) but at least it can pull off the looks to an extent.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Mii Costumes are only great if they are of the Sans/Cuphead/Black Knight variety, where the Mii is completely covered. The moveset still feels off (which is why Bomberman's Mii Costume is really lame tbh) but at least it can pull off the looks to an extent.
To be honest that only makes the situation more depressing. I mean it looks and almost feels a little bit like the character you wanted made it in the battle, but deep down you know damn well that’s just a stupid Mii avatar behind a bloody costume.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
With the way Bomberman has been shown in Ultimate, being a spirit, AT, and Mii Costume, along with Sakurai giving people an idea of how he would actually play, it almost seems like they're preparing to make him a playable character in the next Smash game.

Also, it looks like E3 has been cancelled:

Still doesn't mean that there isn't a possible reveal in June, though.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know where we stand with her and I don’t 100% believe this but I thought I’d post this here since it’s really quiet, Tiffany, a supposed leaker of some kind has come out and said that what they had heard were the following: Zelda Characters, Ryu Hayabusa, and Monster Hunter although they don’t know what will come of those names (meaning she doesn’t know if they are playable or they are appearing in the form of Mii Costumes or Spirits) although I’m assuming she means one or two of them is a name they heard for playable characters but that’s just an assumption on my part. This kinda lines up with a few things I’ve been hearing from Brew recently, first he told me that he knew about Pyra and Mythra as it was an inside thing and Tiffany has tweets that did point to Pyra, Imran said Tales Of is off the table so it’s most likely going to be a returning Smash 4 Mii Costume. She also says that Crash is not happening and I’m not entirely sure about that but we will see. Once again I wouldn’t take this one as 100% “oh yeah that’s it” but Tiffany has proven that she did know about Pyra and Mythra and I remember she did call the Travis Touchdown Mii Costume back in October, she knew about the Pokémon Direct and was waiting for it to be announced but she didn’t leak what was in it, she teased the Mario Golf announcement 23 minutes before the Nintendo Direct, I think she knew about the Nintendo Direct before it was announced but that might not be true, and I think (could be wrong about this one as well) that she leaked something Nintendo related back in October as well although once again I could be wrong about that one, take this as you wish
B949A685-97B3-4CBC-A9B8-FB7EA0D6DBD1.png

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don’t know where we stand with her and I don’t 100% believe this but I thought I’d post this here since it’s really quiet, Tiffany, a supposed leaker of some kind has come out and said that what they had heard were the following: Zelda Characters, Ryu Hayabusa, and Monster Hunter although they don’t know what will come of those names (meaning she doesn’t know if they are playable or they are appearing in the form of Mii Costumes or Spirits) although I’m assuming she means one or two of them is a name they heard for playable characters but that’s just an assumption on my part. This kinda lines up with a few things I’ve been hearing from Brew recently, first he told me that he knew about Pyra and Mythra as it was an inside thing and Tiffany has tweets that did point to Pyra, Imran said Tales Of is off the table so it’s most likely going to be a returning Smash 4 Mii Costume. She also says that Crash is not happening and I’m not entirely sure about that but we will see. Once again I wouldn’t take this one as 100% “oh yeah that’s it” but Tiffany has proven that she did know about Pyra and Mythra and I remember she did call the Travis Touchdown Mii Costume back in October, she knew about the Pokémon Direct and was waiting for it to be announced but she didn’t leak what was in it, she teased the Mario Golf announcement 23 minutes before the Nintendo Direct, I think she knew about the Nintendo Direct before it was announced but that might not be true, and I think (could be wrong about this one as well) that she leaked something Nintendo related back in October as well although once again I could be wrong about that one, take this as you wish
View attachment 305600
She's wrong about a lot of things, so don't pay attention to her

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Alright boys this is it, here’s to hoping our boy survives the Mii Wave tomorrow

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Doubt it. He doesn't have the appearance that can make for a good deluxe mii costume like Sans, Cuphead, Bomberman and Vault Boy do. He's too human-looking.
Yeah agreed, Ryu Hayabusa wouldn’t look good as a deluxe Mii (or even as a regular Mii to be honest)

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Yeah agreed, Ryu Hayabusa wouldn’t look good as a deluxe Mii (or even as a regular Mii to be honest)
I don't know. He'd probably look just like any other Mii costume design-wise if he gets one. Though I'm predicting that some of the Mii costumes for tomorrow are gonna be Lloyd, KOS-MOS and Shantae. Lloyd because he fits the swordfighter theme of Pyra and Mythra, KOS-MOS because she has ties to the Xeno series as well as her XBC2 appearance as a blade, and Shantae because... well, at this point I'm just expecting her to be one.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
While I still want Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) to be playable, the reason why Ryu could work as a deluxe mii costume is because his mask covers his entire head.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I got a question

The Ninja Gaiden Collection was said to be in March right, now granted it's more plausible that the March date was a placeholder date perhaps

But if it wasn't, do you think it's possible they delayed the Collection to June to coincide with Ryu's Inclusion in Smash, perhaps as a request from Koei?

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
So I got a question

The Ninja Gaiden Collection was said to be in March right, now granted it's more plausible that the March date was a placeholder date perhaps

But if it wasn't, do you think it's possible they delayed the Collection to June to coincide with Ryu's Inclusion in Smash, perhaps as a request from Koei?
Possibly? Who knows? All we can do is just wait until then.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm really hoping that Hayabusa escapes the curse of costuming. I would like at least one character that I like who stands a good chance of getting in to get in. My hope is banking on that the Sigma Trilogy comes in June which is at a timeframe when CP10 will probably come out. Then again, timing hasn't always worked out.

Him looking human isn't a safeguard. Altair and Travis are realistically human looking and they were costumed.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Worst... Altair and Vault Boy are from mature series and each came as first costume from its company with a Nintendo Fighter.
However, I think that the 3 allies of Project X Zone (Monolith Soft), which are Capcom, Namco and Sega, can occupy all the space without other companies.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
We’re very very close now. Stay strong, Hayabusa Bros! We’ll make it out in one piece.

Edit: See? We still got this.
But let’s all just take a moment of silence to honor the other NES icon who wasn’t so fortunate today. 😕

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Why is the concert leak dead now?
Because the Monster Hunter Mii costumes were already revealed. They would probably have saved them up for an actual playable Monster Hunter if they were coming. Also, they were being released specifically because Monster Hunter Rise is coming out as stated in the presentation.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Loved the presentation! I can't wait for everything to come out later today!
But damn, I wasn't right on any of the Mii costume predictions lol.
I'm little sad that they were all Capcom mii costumes, and that only Monster Hunter and Ghosts and Goblins got mii costumes this time.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
LLOYD MII IS MISSING
LLOYD MII IS MISSING
LLOYD MII IS MISSING
LLOYD COULD VERY WELL BE A FIGHTER BUT IF WERE GOING WITH HOW FIGHTERS AND MII COSTUMES ARE PAIRED UP WITH EACH OTHER AND ALMOST ALL MII’S HAVE RETURNED, GUESS WHO ELSE HAS A SCARF AND USES A KATANA
880833A6-B4F6-4732-987A-0975410354A0.png

1BD4A33F-5674-4033-94C6-184B539DF331.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom