• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
NES glory days characters I still want:
Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
Arthur [Ghosts 'n Goblins]
Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
Erdrick [Dragon Quest]
Nathan Spencer [Bionic Commando]
Billy Lee/Jimmy Lee [Double Dragon]
Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
Rash/Zitz [Battletoads]

Last edited:
That works, anyways back to Hayabusa himself lmao.

I wonder if he'd have his shadow clone Ninpo which was kinda broken in the 2nd game on the NES.
Yeah right (lol). You mean these little orange guys? :

They were called doppelgangers and yes they were quite Op compared to the rest of his abilities (plus they were able to use your other abilities as well... kinda broken). To be fair, the game was so damn ******* hard that it wasn't that broken, doppelganger or not you could get trashed anytime anyway.

I saw that Blue Sword Edge included it in his moveset ideas as Phantom Double.

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Yeah right (lol). You mean these little orange guys? :

They were called doppelgangers and yes they were quite Op compared to the rest of his abilities (plus they were able to use your other abilities as well... kinda broken). To be fair, the game was so damn ******* hard that it wasn't that broken, doppelganger or not you could get trashed anytime anyway.

I saw that Blue Sword Edge included it in his moveset ideas as Phantom Double.
That's definitely something I added in an old moveset for Hayabusa. At the time of making that moveset, I was trying to make sure I got both DoA and Ninja Gaiden aspects of Ryu Hayabusa.

Kameha420

Smash Rookie
part #2 of Reasons why Ryu Hayabusa should be in Super Smash bros Ultimate for Nintendo Switch in this video I actually talk rather than show a slideshow but the I want people to know the reason I made a part #2 is because I really believe there is potential on The Ninja Gaiden franchise and Smash. ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Jx02yuOVo&t=25s

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I doubt him getting in this Smash; but count me in as supporting him in general! We don't really have a pure ninja, Greninja and Shiek are kinda Ninja's but we also have a lot of sword wielders so multiple ninja's isn't crazy. After Simon got in, I feel like this is the logical next step to go with iconic former Nintendo exclusive series's. Mega Man, Simon, Hayabusa..... just seems like a natural progression.. He could get in as DLC, but I feel he's a strong contender whenever Smash 6 comes around for 3rd party reps.

Yeld

Smash Rookie
I doubt him getting in this Smash; but count me in as supporting him in general! We don't really have a pure ninja, Greninja and Shiek are kinda Ninja's but we also have a lot of sword wielders so multiple ninja's isn't crazy. After Simon got in, I feel like this is the logical next step to go with iconic former Nintendo exclusive series's. Mega Man, Simon, Hayabusa..... just seems like a natural progression.. He could get in as DLC, but I feel he's a strong contender whenever Smash 6 comes around for 3rd party reps.
I hope they don't make us wait for Smash 6!! O_O

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The best part about including Ryu in Smash is that he wouldn't just have a sword, since he has shuriken, and his modern games introduced a variety of weapons to use.

... Battletoads? The first one was on NES i think.
Hell, they and the Dragons even teamed up. If both managed to get in Smash, Japan would see them team up for real (since the crossover wasn't exported there).

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
I don't think he's a lock by any means but he's certainly more likely than people give him credit for. As far as classic NES third party games go, Ninja Gaiden is among the most iconic and Koei Tecmo is without representatives anyway.

Kameha420

Smash Rookie

I literally explained in my video that Simon Belmont and Ryu Hayabusa were created around the same time in the 90s, however I failed to mention that even though Ryu Hayabusa has his own franchise It's worth mentioning he's in the Dead or alive franchise, tecmo needs to expand this character if they don't want this character to fail like the 200 year gap with no games at all!

just calm him Hayabusa if he got in!

Iridium

Smash Hero
I need to see this happen. After my dream of Simon came true, I just need to see this happen too. He won't be like any other ordinary ninja. He will be one of my mains if he gets in.

You have my support. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know Tecmo has really been doing good with Nintendo lately. Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors being the most notable examples of that. Even if the latter didn't have the best choices made with it's roster.

Hayabusa is easily Tecmo's most recognizable character and I like what I've played of his games. Consider me a supporter.

Also, calling it now. If he does get into Smash someday, they'll go the Simon Belmont Route and design Hayabusa after his Blue Gi look instead of the Black Armor look.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Also, calling it now. If he does get into Smash someday, they'll go the Simon Belmont Route and design Hayabusa after his Blue Gi look instead of the Black Armor look.
Ugh, I hope not. That's a VERY generic ninja outfit.

The Black Falcon Outfit is WAY better looking.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I'm gonna agree,

I think the Black Falcon armor is more synonymous with the character these days. Also I think it's cooler. The Classic blue will be an alt if anything which is what it has been for the past decade and a half.

Though I wouldn't eliminate the chances of a more retro inspired moveset.

D

Deleted member

Technically speaking the Blue Gi is typically an alt. costume in the newer games themselves. All in all having color palettes for both would probably be the way to go.

Kameha420

Smash Rookie
If Ryu Hayabusa got in Super Smash brothers ultimate they would do the same thing with Cloud & make it so you can choose the 1988 look or the 2000 look so you'll basically get the old school look as well as the new school look to fight other characters in smash.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If Ryu Hayabusa got in Super Smash brothers ultimate they would do the same thing with Cloud & make it so you can choose the 1988 look or the 2000 look so you'll basically get the old school look as well as the new school look to fight other characters in smash.
I agree, it’s something Sakurai would do. Ryu would probably be in the unique position of representing both a classic NES trilogy and a classic modern trilogy.

Akod

Smash Rookie
Just here to show my support for Ryu Hayabusa. He totally deserves a spot. Ninja Gaiden is one of the NES classics and totally deserves representation.

Kameha420

Smash Rookie
I honestly never thought I'd see so many people who want Ryu Hayabusa to be in Smash other than me, I also fail to understand why people don't think he'd make a good character when Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 are classics to the nes and Snes. I have such high hope for Ryu Hayabusa because of Simon Belmont coming in Ultimate but as I said in my video Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden came around the same time.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Hey so I thought about this guy today and I really want him in so you can add me to the list of supporters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd support Ryu Hayabusa in Smash. I think he could be a fun character to use. Not to mention he's THE video game Ninja.

EDIT: As far as costumes go, Ryu could just wear both of his usual looks. Cloud and Bayo did get two suits after all.

Last edited:

DragonKent17

Smash Rookie
You got my support on Ryu Hayabusa he's too perfect to make in Smash. Kasumi or Ayane would be AT although that's not possiblity due to the game being E+10 due to Dead or Alive series being notorious for it's Fanservice and Jiggly Physics

Kameha420

Smash Rookie
Even Game FAQs has a poll on who should rep Koei Tecmo in Super Smash bros Ultimate

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76921116

If Masahiro Sakurai puts Ryu Hayabusa in ultimate then I honestly think he should also get his own stage, It makes me wonder what Masahiro Sakurai would create for the stage in Super smash bros ultimate?

but to clear things up I'd really appreciate this from Sakurai. . .

Ryu Hayabusa gets in Super Smash bros Ultimate

The stage I would want from Ninja Gaiden is Sky City Tokyo

90's look for Ryu hayabusa as well as the new school look for Ryu Hayabusa

Old school Ninja Gaiden music as well as new school music from ninja gaiden black

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Watch his potential stage have enemies on it like Yellow Devil/The Ghosts/All that Castlevania stuff.

The you can deal with that bird all over again. Sky City Tokyo sounds like an alright idea.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Something just occurred to me.

There's a lot of Tecmo games coming first for the NES Switch online, Ninja Gaiden itself coming in December. If I'm correct, none of Konami's, Square's or Capcom's titles have made it yet (TBF theres probably good reasons for that such Capcom not wanting to sabotage the Megaman Legacy Collections).

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Something just occurred to me.

There's a lot of Tecmo games coming first for the NES Switch online, Ninja Gaiden itself coming in December. If I'm correct, none of Konami's, Square's or Capcom's titles have made it yet (TBF theres probably good reasons for that such Capcom not wanting to sabotage the Megaman Legacy Collections).
I don't recall any Square games, but Ghosts and Goblins is by Capcom and Gradius from Konami. Still, having Ninja Gaiden included in the upcoming releases proves Nintendo and Tecmo are still cooperating together, which isn't a bad sign.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
this is what you guys want :)
That would be the most violent, epic and most savage reveal trailer ever, I love the thought of it already lol :laugh: Anyway, I’d love to see him make it into the game as a retro rep as he has past history with Nintendo with the original Ninja Gaiden trilogy.

NES glory days characters I still want:
Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
Arthur [Ghosts 'n Goblins]
Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
Erdrick [Dragon Quest]
Nathan Spencer [Bionic Commando]
Billy Lee/Jimmy Lee [Double Dragon]
Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
Rash/Zitz [Battletoads]

Arthur, Billy and Jimmy Lee, Bub and Bob, and the Battletoads are all really great choices for retro reps that I actually agree with.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Most likely won't appear in the base game. However, if you make a big push he could be DLC.

If we get characters like Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, Banjo & Kazooie etc. ( in the base game) then it could open the way for Ryu Hayabusa

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Koei Tecmo deserves some recognition in Smash.

I hope Ryu Hayabusa is playable.
Hopefully we'll get HW Impa too.
..and maybe some Monster Rancher content such as trophies and junk.

Top Bottom