"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

lordvaati

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1307-0830-2387
You got my support on Ryu Hayabusa he's too perfect to make in Smash. Kasumi or Ayane would be AT although that's not possiblity due to the game being E+10 due to Dead or Alive series being notorious for it's Fanservice and Jiggly Physics
The next installment DoA6 will actually be toning all that down now so that may not be an issue now.

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Dude, i can't understand why don't exist support to hayabusa, he was a pillar in nintendo, more than banjo, geno or mach rider

3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dude, i can't understand why don't exist support to hayabusa, he was a pillar in nintendo, more than banjo, geno or mach rider
Too many people sleep on him.

Thinking Tecmo isn't big enough nor relevant, when that is far from true.

And too mature shouldn't be an argument when we have the likes of Bayonetta and Simon Belmont in the game already.

DNeon

Smash Ace
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I agree, it's very confusing to me, especially with how legendary Ninja Gaiden's reputation still is to this day.

If I had to put something to it, I'd say that it probably has to do with the generation of people who are the most vocal. Most of the major fandom bandwagons (like the ones you mentioned) are from much later than Gaiden.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
Rankings Team
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
NNID
Jaguar360
I still need to hear this in Smash.

Jaguar360 Jaguar360 , count me to the list! How many supporters are we at now?
Looks like we're at 9 now, at least in this thread, but there's definitely a lot more in our community as a whole, really hoping Busa has a chance at at least DLC for Ultimate. If only we could get Dead or Alive 6 on Switch or some other bone from Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo to get a little more chance of support.

Iridium

Smash Master
Rankings Team
Looks like we're at 9 now, at least in this thread, but there's definitely a lot more in our community as a whole, really hoping Busa has a chance at at least DLC for Ultimate. If only we could get Dead or Alive 6 on Switch or some other bone from Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo to get a little more chance of support.
Pretty much. One of last iconic NES greats we haven't seen yet. I got hyped for Simon, so this would be just as great for me.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I think with the announcement of Joker; Ryu Hayabusa is looking quite possible.
Yep, I've pretty much accepted that Spirits probably aren't going to be DLC characters. Here are some things to consider:
  • Fatal Frame represented as an AT
  • Ryu Hayabusa obviously not being a Spirit.
  • Having the same name as another character doesn't exclude them. See Roy from FE and Roy Koopa
  • Team Ninja is developing that new Marvel game which is exclusively coming out for the Switch.
  • Speaking of Team Ninja, they've collaborated with Nintendo several times over the past few years.
I think things are looking good for Ryu!

GoodGrief741

Smash Champion
Yep, I've pretty much accepted that Spirits probably aren't going to be DLC characters. Here are some things to consider:
  • Fatal Frame represented as an AT
  • Ryu Hayabusa obviously not being a Spirit.
  • Having the same name as another character doesn't exclude them. See Roy from FE and Roy Koopa
  • Team Ninja is developing that new Marvel game which is exclusively coming out for the Switch.
  • Speaking of Team Ninja, they've collaborated with Nintendo several times over the past few years.
I think things are looking good for Ryu!
Wait, Team Ninja’s making Ultimate Alliance 3?

ZealousGamer

Smash Journeyman
Here is a question: If Ryu Hayabusa got in what weapons would you like him to have? Claws? Scythe? Lunar Staff? Chain & Sickle?

How about Ninpo? I'd like his Final Smash to be that fire Dragon attack.

Here is a question: If Ryu Hayabusa got in what weapons would you like him to have? Claws? Scythe? Lunar Staff? Chain & Sickle?

How about Ninpo? I'd like his Final Smash to be that fire Dragon attack.
I agree with the Final Smash. But I feel like they'd play it safe with the rest of his weapons leaving mostly to his sword and some hand to hand moves.

Honestly as long as he has the Flying Swallow and the Izumi Drop I'm good.