• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
You got my support on Ryu Hayabusa he's too perfect to make in Smash. Kasumi or Ayane would be AT although that's not possiblity due to the game being E+10 due to Dead or Alive series being notorious for it's Fanservice and Jiggly Physics
The next installment DoA6 will actually be toning all that down now so that may not be an issue now.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
With DLC speculation pretty much starting now I think it's time to get more going for Ryu Hayabusa. Between the work that Koei Techmo has done with Nintendo in supposrting the last couple consoles and with how iconic the original Ninja Gaiden trilogy is to the NES.

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Dude, i can't understand why don't exist support to hayabusa, he was a pillar in nintendo, more than banjo, geno or mach rider

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dude, i can't understand why don't exist support to hayabusa, he was a pillar in nintendo, more than banjo, geno or mach rider
Too many people sleep on him.

Thinking Tecmo isn't big enough nor relevant, when that is far from true.

And too mature shouldn't be an argument when we have the likes of Bayonetta and Simon Belmont in the game already.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I agree, it's very confusing to me, especially with how legendary Ninja Gaiden's reputation still is to this day.

If I had to put something to it, I'd say that it probably has to do with the generation of people who are the most vocal. Most of the major fandom bandwagons (like the ones you mentioned) are from much later than Gaiden.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I still need to hear this in Smash.

Jaguar360 Jaguar360 , count me to the list! How many supporters are we at now?
Looks like we're at 9 now, at least in this thread, but there's definitely a lot more in our community as a whole, really hoping Busa has a chance at at least DLC for Ultimate. If only we could get Dead or Alive 6 on Switch or some other bone from Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo to get a little more chance of support.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Looks like we're at 9 now, at least in this thread, but there's definitely a lot more in our community as a whole, really hoping Busa has a chance at at least DLC for Ultimate. If only we could get Dead or Alive 6 on Switch or some other bone from Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo to get a little more chance of support.
Pretty much. One of last iconic NES greats we haven't seen yet. I got hyped for Simon, so this would be just as great for me.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
I think with Fatal Frame getting an Assist Trophy rep, Hayabusa just might be able to make it in as DLC. Still, just keep expectations low.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
with collaboration in hyrule warrios and FE Warrios, hayabusa can be DLC.
Definitely. Plus, Hayabusa can a foil to Simon in more ways than one too, in addition to both being premier darkhorses (And some of the toughest, most frustrating, yet acclaimed games) in the NES days.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Ryu Hayabusa (as far as we know) wasn't even a "Spirit". Now could be the time to push him for DLC!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
You guys definitely deserve ryu he would be another great choice next to simon

Kameha420

Smash Rookie
Guys we might actually have a chance on this DLC!

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Fatal Frame assist trophy given a significant moment in the direct might be a good sign.

Its co-owned by Koei Tecmo.

Maybe we'll see Ryu Hayabusa as DLC or perhaps even a Hyrule Warriors Impa or Linkle.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I think with the announcement of Joker; Ryu Hayabusa is looking quite possible.
Yep, I've pretty much accepted that Spirits probably aren't going to be DLC characters. Here are some things to consider:
  • Fatal Frame represented as an AT
  • Ryu Hayabusa obviously not being a Spirit.
  • Having the same name as another character doesn't exclude them. See Roy from FE and Roy Koopa
  • Team Ninja is developing that new Marvel game which is exclusively coming out for the Switch.
  • Speaking of Team Ninja, they've collaborated with Nintendo several times over the past few years.
I think things are looking good for Ryu!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yep, I've pretty much accepted that Spirits probably aren't going to be DLC characters. Here are some things to consider:
  • Fatal Frame represented as an AT
  • Ryu Hayabusa obviously not being a Spirit.
  • Having the same name as another character doesn't exclude them. See Roy from FE and Roy Koopa
  • Team Ninja is developing that new Marvel game which is exclusively coming out for the Switch.
  • Speaking of Team Ninja, they've collaborated with Nintendo several times over the past few years.
I think things are looking good for Ryu!
Wait, Team Ninja’s making Ultimate Alliance 3?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well guys, my most wanteds out the window now.

Guess I'll throw my lot in with you guys.

Time for some suicide izuna drops.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Y-yeah...
I wouldn't exactly call it my win, per se.
Oh right, the guy you wanted was from, like, Digital Devil Saga right?

Maybe you'll get a Spirit at least since SMT content is in.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Here is a question: If Ryu Hayabusa got in what weapons would you like him to have? Claws? Scythe? Lunar Staff? Chain & Sickle?

How about Ninpo? I'd like his Final Smash to be that fire Dragon attack.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'd just be happy if he was mostly his NES stuff, with a few things from his DoA moveset to fill out things like his throws.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Here is a question: If Ryu Hayabusa got in what weapons would you like him to have? Claws? Scythe? Lunar Staff? Chain & Sickle?

How about Ninpo? I'd like his Final Smash to be that fire Dragon attack.
I agree with the Final Smash. But I feel like they'd play it safe with the rest of his weapons leaving mostly to his sword and some hand to hand moves.

Honestly as long as he has the Flying Swallow and the Izumi Drop I'm good.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Add me to the supporters list as I'll gladly take any ninjas I can get (plus I love me some Ninja Gaiden goodness).

Top Bottom