• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jumping and wave dashing - is anyone else weird like me?

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
I use X to jump and Y to wave dash. i have no idea how this habit started.

pdk

Smash Lord
you're halfway toward the cool club, just use X all the way and you'll be super pimp

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Lol fletch. For me, its all about the X button. I use it 'cos its the eaisiest letter in the english language to write, so logically its the easiest button on a controller to press. My logic ownz smash xD.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I just use Y for everything. XP I can wavedash with one hand though. O: Try it with Fox sometime. :]

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
the control stick is just weird. i dont use it. for anything.

i was going to use the Y button...but then i looked at it and said 'Y?'

...i couldnt come up with an answer for myself. so i switched to X.

now i just sit in one spot and shuffl aerials.

and i win.

Adi

Smash Lord
I use tons of different button combinations.

X = SHFFL
Y = Waveshine/Shine Canceling (multiple and normal)
Joystick = SH for Double Fair with Marth (yeah I know it's weird, but I love the spacing oppurtunities it provides =P)

Koga

Smash Journeyman
i use x to jump, and the stick only to JC shines, cause i can't get my finger to x before the lag kicks in or they hit me, but my thumb is already on the stick so....

i haven't tried y for short hopping, i can short hop with x, but not as consistently as i'd like so mabey that will help me

Banks

Smash Hero
people use both buttons, i dont think many use different ones for jump and wavedash like that but im sure some do

Mithus

Smash Rookie
Lol fletch. For me, its all about the X button. I use it 'cos its the eaisiest letter in the english language to write, so logically its the easiest button on a controller to press. My logic ownz smash xD.
I think that would be l (L) or c (C)

brianmercury

Smash Cadet
I use x for wavedashing and shorthopping, y for full jumps and jc grabs or shines, the controll stick for shdl and jc usmash as well as some areals like a jumping bair below the stage or u throw to uair. I have all the bases covered.

Top Bottom