• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump Shine - Demonstrational Video

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Amazing find! i bet this is going to have a lot of good uses, how difficult is it to pull off? sounds like a JC-Grab with the Control-Stick down, is it?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
As I mentioned in the first thread I made on this techniqu, the timing is about on par with Multi-Shining in Melee.

Chicobo329

Smash Cadet
Is it inescapable if you just constantly use the move like that near the end of the video (I guess like a waveshine)? Or can you tech out of it?

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
uh-oh....looks like fox is moving his way up the tier list again... ;)

That's cool. And it only works with fox, right? I'm guessing it doesn't with Wolf, but can someone verify that for me? Obviously it doesn't work with Falco.

Winnar

Smash Lord
>.> I guess that's not half bad.

I have to wonder, though, whether or not the lag is decreased enough to pull off the combos you showed in a real match. You know, against a human? Unless that was a training mode and you had someone who was actually trying to escape?

Eh, I guess only time will tell how useful this is.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
Try to get a video of this technique in action against a human player up. It drew my interest but I have reservations on how useful it will be against an real player. Either way good find.

Charoo

Smash Champion
no u can't waveshine people across the stage haha. The shine works different in this game as where they actually move farther base on %. You can connect shine to something at low percentage but at high percentage, they'll either fall down or go too far. It's still very useful though if u can do it fast enough.

Nice find though timmy. I just wish i can do this better. I couldn't even short hop or multi shine in melee haha.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I've seen t!mmy do 18 jump canceled shines in melee. I withhold judgment on the ease of use of this technique until I can actually get my hands on Brawl.

Edit: Oddly enough, I originally saw this vid on /v/. t!Mmy, do you know that /v/ hate/loves you?

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
DON'T BE SCARED,the combos from the videos doesn't exist,they just connected because was a cpu

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
"...not nearly as useless as shine wavedashing in melee..."

You think waveshining was useless?

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I have been trying this out, not helping much with my battles, maybe I'm doing it wrong, someone care to explain it more in detail, because I think I have it but I'm not sure, and I can't upload a video.

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
I have been trying this out, not helping much with my battles, maybe I'm doing it wrong, someone care to explain it more in detail, because I think I have it but I'm not sure, and I can't upload a video.

Try this out (I'm to lazy to go downstairs)

Dashdance, as soon as you go in the direction of the CPU punching bag, do the jump-shine and then follow it with a dash backwards/attack/whatever.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
pretty hard to do. my fingers aren't fast enough yet. end up just barely off the ground shining. seems like it will be useful but not the same as waveshining. more situational.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
To shed some more light on this technique, I've been testing it for a mere 15 minutes and found that you do NOT need to jump in order to make the shines go from the slow ground animation into the faster aerial shines.

To do this, all you need to do, is hold down, then press B, and press B again right before the first shine ends, and repeat. In doing this, you get the speed, and you don't even need to jump cancel it. Try it yourself. Also, the timing is different when you're hitting someone because of the longer lag, however you can still do it to someone against a wall and makes Fox's shine infinite even faster.

Point is, the technique's name and method is wrong.

Top Bottom