• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump Shine - Demonstrational Video

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Okay, Im very very confused.

I just want one simple answer...

If I JC one shine will my ending lag (as in, how long I have to wait before I can control fox) be reduced.

I learned this technique about a week ago and was able to JC my shines after a few mins of play, I never really noticed that much reduction of lag so I checked back here and saw spirit dragons posts.

Spirit dragon showed a way to reduce the lag of multiple shines in a row, his method did not need a jump at all. Thats fine, but showing that does not destory the possiblity of a single jump shine having an arial shine's lag.
Yes, because the shines are faster, this leads to less shine lag thus giving you lower ending lag. However, as I've shown in my posts and video, you don't actually need to JC the shine in order to get the speed.

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
VERY nice and useful; Shine Dashing is a great alternative to the Waveshine.

If this helps anyone, I changed my control scheme so A is special and B is attack. C-Stick at special sometimes causes you to jump unwontedly. It's easier to go from X as jump to A for the shine. It takes some getting used to not having to move your thumb for a special, but once you get the timing down it's completely worth it.

skuzzel

Smash Apprentice
Yes, because the shines are faster, this leads to less shine lag thus giving you lower ending lag. However, as I've shown in my posts and video, you don't actually need to JC the shine in order to get the speed.

okay, still need more clarication. I said single shine, you said the shines were faster. Now, I dont want faster shines, I want a faster shine. Singular.

So, does a jump canceled shine (singular) have reduced lag compared to a normal shine (by normal I mean pressing down and B, I'm not sure how timing has anything to do with performing a single shine....)

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
okay, still need more clarication. I said single shine, you said the shines were faster. Now, I dont want faster shines, I want a faster shine. Singular.

So, does a jump canceled shine (singular) have reduced lag compared to a normal shine (by normal I mean pressing down and B, I'm not sure how timing has anything to do with performing a single shine....)
JC shines and Spirit Dragons Speed shine are both faster then a normal shine. Personally i'm perfectly comfortable w/ JC shine, B/c i can do it without screwing up or failing. therefore don't need to do spiritDragon's method. Although they two different ways of doing a Speed shine. SpiritDragons method is really easier if u dont wanna change control setups.

And yes... both of them have reduced lag and help you control your movements better.

skuzzel

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, why is this so hard to make people understand. I just want a clear answer.

With spirit dragons technique, do you do one shine? If you do then I must be on crack, cuz I'm sure I'm looking at his post and it says

To do this, all you need to do, is hold down, then press B, and press B again right before the first shine ends, and repeat. In doing this, you get the speed, and you don't even need to jump cancel it. Try it yourself. Also, the timing is different when you're hitting someone because of the longer lag, however you can still do it to someone against a wall and makes Fox's shine infinite even faster.
then press B, and press B again right before the first shine ends, and repeat.
and press B again
Okay, so unless thier is a way to Shine, and then press down b again without doing another shine, then his technique is for multiple shines....

RIGHT? Cuz if not then I suck at reading.

So I ask again

If I JC one shine will my ending lag (as in, how long I have to wait before I can control fox) be reduced.

Notice the bold one, as in ONE SHINE. Not two shines, not a wall shine infinite. One shine. Is there a way to reduce the lag of one shine.

Top Bottom