• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 24th - Blade's Temp. Goodbye Smash Mini-Tournament - Muncie, IN

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Blade's Temporary "Good-bye" Smash Mini-Tournament and PARTY!​

Facebook Link

Hosted By: TheBlueBlade
Cell Numbers: Blade - (574) 220-3991

LOCATION: Blade's House (401 N. Alameda Ave., Muncie, IN 47303)

Schedule of Events

FRIDAY
A real fun night!
I don't know the exact times of everything, but I know we will more than likely go to the movies to see Predators.
After 11:00pm: Yes... BAR-HOPPING! Those who are 21+ are welcome to come!

SATURDAY (Tentative)
11:30am: Tournament Registration
12:00pm: Brawl Doubles/Singles
2:00pm: Brawl Doubles/Singles
5:00pm: Dinner break (either eat out or grill out)
6:30pm: Melee Singles
8:30pm: Other games of sorts (majority vote)

SUNDAY
If anyone stays till Sunday... we'll figure things out

Rules of the Venue and Fees

= Well, if people want to do a tournament with some money, then I have no problem with it. Wasn't planning on it but I'll leave it up to a majority vote. As far as venue stuff, I'm gonna charge $5 (which will go towards the cost of pop and food).

= Rules: Basically, don't break ****. It's the last week in my lease at this house so I'd really hate to not get my damage deposit back, so you do any damage to the house, you will owe $150.

Housing

Housing is definitely provided here. Friday and Saturday night for those who want it.

Setups

= Would be greatly appreciated.

Rules of the Brawl

= 3 stock / 8 minute timer

= Items to be set to "OFF" and "NONE"

= As always, BYOC! You are responsible for your controller and are recommended to put a name label on it. Malfunctions of any sort with your controller are your own problem and are responsible for making sure it is functioning before a match starts. It is also recommended that you bring an additional controller with you. If your match must be restarted due to controller malfunctions, then it must be agreed upon with your opponent. (ATTENTION WII-MOTE and CLASSIC USERS! You are to remove your batteries in effort to prevent possible interference and delay with other Wii's, and this will save battery life)

= ALL match sets will be best 2 out of 3 (with exception to winner's and loser's finals, as well as the grand finals will be best 3 out of 5)

= If there is a dispute over controller ports, they will be decided through Rock/Paper/Scizors

= During doubles, controller ports are determined in a 1221 fashion. (Whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.)

= In the event that the timer hits 0, the match will be decided by stock remaining. If stock remaining is tied, then it will be decided by least amount of damage taken in that stock.

= MK's Infinite Cape glitch is banned

= If a game ends with Bowser's Suicide Klaw, Ganon's Murder Choke, or Kirby/DeDeDe's swallow-cides, that game will count as a win towards Bowser, Ganon, Kirby, and DeDeDe.

= COLOR BLIND RULE: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

= STALLING IS BANNED! (Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

= Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stage List

= Stage Strike System will be used (Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set. Striking happens in a 1-2-1-2 fashion).
= Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
= THE LIST BELOW IS PERMANENT AND NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION.

Neutral Stages
= Battlefield
= Final Destination
= Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
= Smashville
= Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter-pick Stages
= Lylat Cruise
= Halberd
= Luigi's Mansion
= Delfino Plaza
= Pirate Ship
= Norfair
= Frigate Orpheon
= PictoChat
= Jungle Japes
= Brinstar
= Rainbow Cruise

* EVERYTHING ELSE IS BANNED. HOWEVER, A BANNED STAGE MAY BE PLAYED ON THE AGREEMENT OF BOTH SMASHERS

VERY IMPORTANT RULES

= Nope's NO BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

= Mage's DQ Rule (with personal revisement): Once your match is called, it must be played. A smasher who is two (2) minutes late will be issued a warning (2 warnings = First Game Loss, 3 warnings = DQ). A smasher who is four (4) minutes late will be issued an automatic loss for game one. A smasher who is seven (7) minutes late will be issued a disqualification (DQ) (I/we will be EXTREMELY strict on this, WE WILL DQ you out of a tournament if you are late)

= Stupid Fastliketree Rule: Throwing round robin (pool) matches may be grounds for disqualification. (Failure to comply would mean you are placed last in your pool and will not advance to brackets in that event)

= Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may NOT pause your game unless your opponent allows it. (Your reason for pausing MUST be of absolute quality, no pausing for stupid reasons)

= NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES, PERIOD.

= ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OK. NO ONE UNDER 21 WILL BE DRINKING, AND I WILL BE OVERLY STRICT HERE! Muncie/Ball State PD are pricks so... yeah.

= SMOKING OK. Outside of the house only though and we do have a designated area.

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
i'll be there

10illbetheres

And ill be repping my new super secret ultra awesome *cough no vamp tricks cough* main!

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
Hey do any of you guys go to Ball State? My friend and I play Melee every day and thought we were the only ones here and would love to have some new competition

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Muncie is sort of a brawl scene...... (however pathetic of a scene it is). I mean, I will play melee with you guys, but Brawl is where the heart is!

Calebyte

Smash Lord
I'm not interested in competitive Melee. I play casually, but I have no interest in climbing 9 years of accumulated metagame.

I have heard Melee is good cross-training for Brawl, though. I also love watching it.

EDIT: Teebs, lets have a side event with items set to ALL and HIGH! =D

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I'm not interested in competitive Melee. I play casually, but I have no interest in climbing 9 years of accumulated metagame.

I have heard Melee is good cross-training for Brawl, though. I also love watching it.

EDIT: Teebs, lets have a side event with items set to ALL and HIGH! =D
We're gonna do something tonight, although I don't know where yet. I'll keep you and Joe informed!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I think kip and I are gonna try to make this, I'm not sure. I'll be like three weeks short of 21 though, haha

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Cool, so this is still happening and stuff, right?
Yeah definitely! I wouldn't scrap this out.

Fan, come to this then, it's moar important! And we're going to the movies the Friday before along with Kip, Crash, and maybe Hilt.

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Put out the schedule imo, im still coming. I have some business in muncie so this works too well for me to not go. Ill probably drag asdioh and my up-and-coming R.O.B friend with me as well.

Hype

HYPE i say.

Hilt MM maybe?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Definitely Joe :) Just say something to me at the venue, because I'll probably forget by the time it gets here, haha.

I'm pretty sure I'll be making it to this still, guys. Unless for some reason kip decides to cancel lol

Top Bottom