• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
i don't like all this venue juggling
We've been at Stronghold for about a year and a half. :x

What happened to Stronghold?
what happened with stronghold? D=
Welp, I thought I had answered this here, but I guess I deluded myself a little bit. >.>

From what I understand, the problem has something to do with the wiring; the electrical set-up, as you are all probably aware, consisted of a series of power bars and extension cords leading from a single outlet. Apparently, the fire department caught wind of this somehow and deemed it a fire hazard, so the store can't do that anymore. But with the lack of outlets, there isn't really a good way to set up, so I guess tournaments can't happen anymore. Know that this is purely secondhand knowledge, and I made a few logical jumps in figuring out what happened, but this is what I know about the situation as of right now.

Captain L

Smash Champion
What is the maximum number of devices that can be hooked up to one wall outlet? Or I guess the maximum resistor load it can handle? I don't even know which of V=IR we're concerned with here =$

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Can grade level Physics really solve this? I dunno but I memorized my way out of it so sorry I won't be any help.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Could just ask my physics teacher or wing it myself
I want a tourney :c
I miss using Link

T-block

B2B TST
lol that's not what i expected x.x

it's about the amount of power you draw from the socket, or equivalently the amount of current you draw. wall sockets typically have a maximum of twelve amps. CRTs typically draw less than an amp, and a wii will draw much less than one amp as well. so one socket should be able to support say, six setups quite easily. but if you do push the limit, you can overdraw current, meaning higher than safe levels of power dissipation, which ultimately means excessive heat = fire hazard. but there's gonna be a fuse in place to cut power if the current draw goes past a safe level.

tl;dr what we were doing was unlikely to actually cause a fire, but the fire department will always err on the side of overcaution, for better or for worse

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I just got an idea. How about finding a Church as a venue? Churches can be big so they *may* let us store TVs plus we can possibly attract new players that go to that Church?

Is this against any religious view?

Captain L

Smash Champion
From my experience you'd be pretty unlikely to find a church that would be cool with us doing an all day thing. Somebody who works at the church would have to be there the whole time, and they probably don't want to stay there till 10/11

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
How is it that the Toronto Maple Leafs (Go team!), expected to be decimated even worse than the Canucks were, are doing very well and have a significant lead right now (and can possibly tie up the series 3-3)?

Luthien, a Zelda player from Surrey, is interested in joining tournaments. Let's find a venue and make this happen! (Also, introduce yourself when you see this!)

Jason!

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/threads/hobo...for-a-super-gross-awesome-story.336294/page-2

Post 80.

WARNING! THE STORY YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ IS OF A HIGHLY GRAPHIC NATURE. IF YOU CHOOSE TO READ BELOW THIS SENTENCE YOU ALSO CHOOSE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO BICH ABOUT THE MATERIAL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Ok so as most of you know, HOBO 40 happened this past weekend. Since it was the LAST hobo (no joke) 2 wifi olimar players from Tx decided that they MUST meet up at hobo or else they may never see each other. Kinda romantic how smash/hobo brings two lost souls together but yea so these two wifi olimar players go by the name "MiniFox" and "Asa." MiniFox is a Mexico from Mexico (the swamps) and Asa is an Americo from America (that one island that was bombed by rice eaters in WW2). Both play olimar (gross) and both have been talking to each other on AiB for multiple years sending nudes to each other through text and both have been dancing completely naked on Skype. Spoilers: Asa has 3 nipples. PM me for pics.

anyways

At HOBO 40, Asa and Minifox had a no timer/no item 40 stock olimar ditto on FD (this song was playing on FD the whole time ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bo_dObUsVs ) . The winner must "kiss" the loser and the loser must "kiss" the winner aka a suck face fest. Seems pretty simple, right? Well on the outside it indeed seems that way but notice...... why did i put the word kiss in quotations? OHHH YOU ABOUT TO FIND OUT, BOI!

So.......

The ditto happens and Asa easily wins (he had 17 stocks left over). MiniFox and Asa lean over to play some tonsil hockey with each other but right before their lips lock, Asa whispers something into MiniFox's ear. Im not sure what exactly was said but they both get up and head to the back of the venue where the BATHROOMS were. I ignored it because i thought "hey maybe they needed to poo before they kiss" but after 15min they never came back. Getting worried, i headed to the Men's bathroom to investigate the disappearance of the two missing teens. When i open the bathroom i instantly smelled 2 things: rotten eggs and sex. I walked over to a stall and heard some groans and some "other" noises (aw yeaaaaaah, GET IT ON). I yelled out, "Asa wtf are you doing man, shes only 12!" He answered back in a serious yet calm voice, "dude im busy, get out!" Since I know how it feels to be walked in on while tryin to get yo disco stick to do "tha nasty" with someone i decided to leave the bathroom (showin some respect, ya dig?). As i walk out of the men's bathroom i pass by the girls restroom where MiniFox had just walked out.................WAIT...........WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! I literally saw MiniFox walk out of the GIRLS bathroom but yet i just heard Asa in the MENS bathroom! What in the flying fukc is going on????? I tell MiniFox what i just heard and we both go back into the Men's bathroom and we beat on the stall that Asa is in. We hear a "oh ****" from Asa and a "not good" from another mysterious voice and then a *zip* noise. Asa comes out of the stall smiling and is quick to shut the stall door behind him. MiniFox asks him "who is in there with you" and Asa says "nobody, please leave." At this point i MUST know who Asa is sexing because if it aint minifox then it could be ANYBODY (possibly even my mom) so i push Asa to the side and i open the stall door. To my great surprise, it was Shadow1PJ aka PJ aka The Best ToonLink aka https://www.facebook.com/avengedheart?fref=ts . He was huddled in the corner of the stall wiping off his mouth with toilet paper. I couldnt believe that PJ enjoyed playing the meat flute. It boggled my mind. Anyways, me and MiniFox looked at Asa and all he said was "its how i do" and then walked out of the bathroom to go play more smash.

So yeah me and MiniFox didnt speak to Asa the rest of the day and Asa never spoke to us either. Hell, its been 2 days and i cant get the images out of my mind. So yeah guys that is the story of MiniFox and Asa. I know it is gross but since i cannot tell a lie, i had to spill da beans, you know?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well, today's election day and I hope you all vote.

I have a hunch that NDP will win today. Get ready for a year of awesomeness, then a generation of debt, higher taxes, and union initiated strikes.

If I'm wrong, life will stay the same. We'll face more lies, under the table deals, and a corrupt government.

Time to move to Alberta x_x

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
cheap timmies and costco vodka

iunno cant be that bad

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
New Democratic Party. The party that spent hundreds of millions on what became scrap metal that got sold for millions in the single digit. The party that made unions the abominations they are today. The party that won only two seats (one of which is from Port Coquitlam and will probably never lose) after putting BC in crazy debt.

It seems like the Liberals will be winning. Attempting to be unbiased here, but the Liberals really seem to be the lesser of two evils. NDPs in BC and on a Federal level will destroy us if they are ever in power because all they do is spend and promise to balance everything... but then years later there is a huge defecit. Conservatives had potential if they didn't have such an awful leader; maybe next time. Also, lol at Christy Clark possibly losing her riding... kind of like Ignatieff :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Liberals are pipeline supporters which means we can be richer like Alberta.

It's Christy because we're not playing Donkey Kong or Final Fantasy VIII.

I find comments from people calling Liberal voters stupid because of the horrors the party will unleash on us just a little ironic >_>

Personally, I voted Conservative. It's because it is impossible for the NDP to lose in Port Coquitlam. I would also like Mr. Farnworth to realize that his election isn't as guaranteed as it used to be, plus I'd to see the Conservatives actually do something with themselves in four years and hopefully my single, insignificant vote can contribute to that. (I think that sentence is grammatically correct...)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
BC Conservatives are probably a lost cause.

Christy Clark is trailing... It's actually a shame because she focused all of her time advertising her Liberal party across the province (which has been proven successful from the current statistics) but her NDP counterpart is also quite popular who dedicated most of his time in his own riding.

If Christy Clark loses, what happens is she needs to replace somebody elected as a Liberal MLA, and do a re-election in the area of the person stepping down. Typically, nobody will oppose the winning party's incumbent since it's like salt on the wound on the people in that riding that didn't win.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That looks good Dawson.

People in our generation had a completely awful voting turnout and it may have been the reason why the NDP lost because I feel like younger people better connect with them. Our premier lost her riding, haha.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That's because not all ridings are made equally. It might have taken just 200 votes to win one seat somewhere while Christy Clark got over 9,000 (>_>) votes and still failed to gain a seat. You could say votes are more efficient than some others.

Top Bottom