• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I was watching Big Brother Canada to see what the show was like... I think the whole country's hearts broke when Gary got evicted! :( (If anybody actually watches)

The Vancouver players in Big Brother Canada talking about Melee was unexpected.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ahaha, I wonder how many of you guys experienced the Game Boy era. 4 batteries that only gave like 6 hours of gameplay.

My favourite generation is the third one because of the music. :) I don't even like generation 1 games compared to the others but that generation did change my life the most.

But yeah, I'm not really one to like ugly Pokemon. I dislike Mewthree for that reason alone.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Skidd when you watched big brother 2, was that before or after you were able to walk?

Captain L

Smash Champion
If you had to give up one of your arms to get melee doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha, I think my Wii lens doesn't work anymore :( Can't play anything... what a waste right?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh I lied. My Wii plays all my games (Brawl, Metroid Prime, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle) just fine except for Melee. I thought it didn't work because the copy you game me was severely scratched but I cried when the new copy failed too! Wahh :(

My friend has my GC and my other Gamecube games... I guess after not returning it for years, it's been forgotten, haha.

I was pretty much listening to this video last night in the background: http://youtu.be/r07QPDSE08k?t=3m26s. They talk about a Melee player for like 15 seconds, haha. They're both from Vancouver.

Re: Saturday: http://youtu.be/2EX4dyFUB-I?t=7m13s

| Big D |

Smash Master
Okay so whenever I go to the dentist, the lady who cleans my teeth is extremely nice.

Today I learned the extent of her "niceness".

So I go to the dentist and spend an hour in the dentist's chair, everything went as normal, casual conversation and what not.

It isn't until I hit the elevator where I learn the truth.

My fly was down the whole time.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Okay so whenever I go to the dentist, the lady who cleans my teeth is extremely nice.

Today I learned the extent of her "niceness".

So I go to the dentist and spend an hour in the dentist's chair, everything went as normal, casual conversation and what not.

It isn't until I hit the elevator where I learn the truth.

My fly was down the whole time.
She made you smile hard so she could imagine that you liked what she was thinking about you
She wants it
Do it
You know you want to

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eh I'd think it would be nicer of somebody to point it out than to not tell you.

I think every character can do that by running at a certain speed. I think it's like the slowest non-walking speed. http://youtu.be/BQOpCz0cDxs?t=7m3s

What an awful day to have to study for multiple quizzes tomorrow :(

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Alright, sorry for not updating the status of events until now (school has been pretty crazy for me lately). We will be doing Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, and Low Tier Doubles (though we may switch to Low Tier Singles if attendance trails off). Support for P:M doubles has been underwhelming, so we'll just keep this a pure Brawl tournament. There can still be friendlies, as long as it doesn't interfere with the tournament.

See you guys on Saturday! Looking forward to playing some video games for a while.

P.S. - A few of you noticed, but I reset the RSVPs a little while ago, so you can confirm again if you're coming. =P

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think we should do P:M Doubles to improve attendance or to appease the non Brawl... mainers. Not sure if it's just the general stigma of Melee's vocal opinion of Brawl, but the Melee community in BC is growing a ton while I feel Brawl is stagnating. I tried to get people into Brawl at the last MITH but every new person I spoke with pretty much brushed it off since Brawl is just too slow and campy for their tastes. This Peach main was like... wow I actually got beaten by a Brawl Peach!? >_>

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I specifically asked earlier if people would rather do Brawl Doubles or P:M Doubles, and only 2 people responded in favour of P:M Doubles. >.> This a Brawl tournament series, and removing a Brawl event to appease people who don't play Brawl is silly, especially if there's no interest to back the switch...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well ultimately, it's your decision. I just wonder what the attendance will be like for Brawl Doubles and I do feel like there will be some non-Brawl players. I hope attendance is good since I won't be in that event as well as a few of our regulars.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My favourite tourneys are the ones when somebody actually wants to eat out with me.

Also, does anybody want their taxes done on Saturday?

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'm getting 150$ back thanks to taxes! And some GST credit throughout the year or something.

Say, if anybody wants to be awesome and bring a keyboard to the tourney, they would be the hero that bc needs

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You get paid quarterly depending on your income. If it is too high, then you don't get a quarterly deposit.

I'm glad you're finally sick of your keyboard.

Captain L

Smash Champion
well I can actually use it decently well, despite lacking several important keys, but I think everyone else might not like it

I wrote a 1500 word essay with it

although as soon as school is done I will begin pursuing some new gear

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Buy a nice keyboard with your tax refund. So who else is getting one or has gotten it already?

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Lol my beard is still there; actually it's roughly the same size if not *slightly* bigger than it was the last monthly lol. Looking back at this picture made me realize that it was actually bigger than it is now. Maintenance tho.

Also, if any of you guys are studying for finals and have trouble staying focused and get distracted (like me), there's this cool feature on this site I found which you can download and it will block one from accessing any websites and programs they'd want for a certain time period - which can also be set by you. Very convenient, I must say. :D

http://getcoldturkey.com/

So in other words, see you all on the 23rd (virtually) : '(

EDIT: Oh yeah, I believe it only works on Windows. Sorry to any Mac users that are actually interested in this. *dips*

Top Bottom