• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks for that! I know there were a lot more replays than what's in the playlist. Where did they all go? (They were on other Wiis)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh dear, I'm on it? What's happening to this region!? Who is that person representing me? I'm from Port Coquitlam. In the past three tournaments (I entered two), I used Zelda and Peach equally since I devoted the November toruney to Peach and the March one to Zelda. I'm also better than #6 unless attendance was the factor that put him above me ;)

Excellent work though it looks really GORGEOUS but I'd love an explanation of the theme because I thought it was supposed to be Kirby Bosses but the theme looks like from an anime.

I finished my taxes yay! Everybody should do their taxes *glares*! It'll take you only 30mins I swear! Treat me to a BBT and I'll help you do your taxes... I'm cheaper than H&R Block!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Silly, you know I don't do Money Matches. But I think I generally place better than you but I guess only the future can back up my claims.

You have 9th, 5th, and 7th placings compared to my 5th and 5th and we were both present in only one tournament where I outplaced you. I'm not going to complain I'm 7th on the PR since I don't really care for being on a PR but I am bringing my thoughts out~ We haven't played a bracket game in the judging period, but I seem to have prevailed in that single friendly we had not to mention nearly beating you in a close game with Sheik (lolfriendlies). You do have lots of wins over my Zelda though. :)

You're a good player and you being over me isn't a travesty by any means and I will respect the final decision that was made. My location isn't correct though.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nothing can back up your claims because you can't beat me. Your tourney placings compared to mine mean nothing, look at the sides of the bracket we were on, respectively. You beat two players who are not ranked, I had to play players ranked higher than me. Back your claim up with a seriouslies set at least, I'll take on any of your characters.

SKidd

Smash Master
[16/03/2013 9:22:30 PM] Big D: place?
[16/03/2013 9:22:32 PM] Big D: it's not about place
[16/03/2013 9:22:39 PM] Big D: it's about who you beat and who you lose to

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I thought the PR said the most important thing was placing and I see no mention of who it is that you beat that is important ;) Although to my credit, I play games on significantly steeper uphill battles than you do. You are being a bit overconfident though.

I think I should be removed from the PR. I don't really enjoy the pressure, though I'm last, that comes with being on a ranking.

I wonder how many of you guys know how to do taxes?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kev it's just trash talking, not being overconfident <3 (but we really should play so you can put your your seriously where your mouth is :p)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I don't necessarily think one of us is better than the other but based on the criteria that was apparently ignored (and should be changed), I felt by those rules I should have been higher. Also, I don't believe people should be punished because the Tio program decides to make you face certain people who may or may not help build credit. I certainly did not choose my opponents but it appears that I have been penalized for "being lucky". I also have no qualms saying you're better than me but if so, just barely.

Now for a juicy bit I have been preparing all day at work to type (well, maybe not all day)! :peach: :peach: :peach:

Did you know...

-You may be imposed a penalty (20% of your total net income for tax purposes) if you do not do your taxes twice in a four year period. Made $2000 in the summer? Hope you don't mind paying $400 of that to the government!
-You may be given jail time for not doing your taxes?
-If you owe the government money, you are charged a 5% interest penalty plus 1% interest per month (compounded)! It can compound to very scary amounts! Is it worth staying in the dark?
-If you have been in university or college for years, you have thousands of tax credits unused! They have an INDEFINITE (critical!) carry forward period. It could very well drop you to a lower tax bracket and have a large amount of taxes recoverable!
-Even if you did not need to pay for tuition, just for attending school, you get credits!
-If your parents paid for your tuition, don't you owe it to them to transfer some of your schooling credits to your parents ($5,000 annual limit)?
-A RRSP (Registered Retired Savings Plan) is really important for your retirement!
-Your RRSP has an annual contribution limit (18% of previous year's income or a set amount which is approximately $18,000 - whichever is lower) which is carried forward if unused but you will have an annual contribution limit of $0 if you do not report your income. (18% x No Income Reported ie. $0 = $0)
-If you are a low income earner, you get Sales Tax credits paid directly to your bank account quarterly? Mine is roughly under $100 quarterly and my grandmother's (I did her taxes) is just over $150. Perfect for buying stuff like... weed.
-Even if you have NO net income for tax purposes, you still have MUCH to benefit by filing taxes.
-You get credit for charitable donations that can be carried forward 7 years. I fund a child and donate to another charity so I have credits just waiting to be used!

Scared yet?

So what do you need to get started on your taxes? Easy!

1) Get your bank account's branch number, institution number, and your personal account number. This can be obtained by going to your bank or finding it on a personal cheque.
2) Your SIN number, and other personal details such as your name, address, and birthdate.
3) Any relevant forms like your T4 and T2202a.
4) Other relevant items such as donation receipts and non-Post Secondary School issued transit tickets.

Now you're all set. Happy filing!

I will be receiving a $120 refund from our lovely government for only 30 mins (maybe less) of work! Awesome!

| Big D |

Smash Master
If you truly feel that you're better than him, lay it out on the line and MM him. Prove him wrong, prove us wrong, prove it to the world. It's okay to make claims, just gotta back it up. Just gotta go in no fear. Here, let me show you how it's done. (go with me on this one)

Jake, Landon, you guys are frauds. Low tier doubles MM 5$ each, me and Kevin (go with me on this) against you two. Decline and I just assume it's because you can't nado or tjolt camp. We're gonna demolish you.

I await your response.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I honestly tried to practise Brawl but I played Melee so much and Brawl feels so... artificial for lack of a better word. Honestly, I'm not sure what I should do but what's more important than Brawl are taxes! I don't care about who's better enough to MM and trash talk.

I finished Mockingjay and I can't believe Finnick! He's a real hero! <3

I'm down for this ALWAYS if somebody wants to try with me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DRHiQqrdNE

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I am happy you liked it. I also think Sales Tax credits carry forward so if you haven't done taxes for a few years, I think you could potentially receive like $1500 or more over four direct deposits. I'm pretty sure everybody gets a summary of their credits by mail but you don't get to receive any until you do your taxes. Of course, you have to have a fairly low income (which is all of us since we're students).

I find tax super interesting. While frowned upon by the CRA, finding loopholes and little cracks to save money sounds really fun.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Considering our surrounding regions have it banned and most nationals, and pretty much all future nationals are getting rid of these stages, I think it would do good to ban them, if not one of them.

It also balances the roster considerately and gives every character a means to not get sharked on MK's counterpick, similarly to how one can ban FD against Diddy/ICs/Falco.

Edit: Landon, is that being against banning both or banning either of them?

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Let's go.

Albeit playing low teir, I would ban the 2 stages. Not because I play Link and that he sucks, but if there's MK VS me, I'm basically guaranteed to lose.
The stage just happens to work so well for MK .-.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm down for Delfino and Halberd banned... in exchange for Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar coming back! <3

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Again, I support homogenizing our rulesets to whatever the established norm is. The only people voting against the stage ban are the few people it doesn't effect negatively. Halberd should be banned on the basis of the stage killing players, its laughable to me to keep it legal on that basis alone. Delfino, while having both run-off blast zones and a sharking problem, is banned in most regions. This is all I need to know to support banning it.

TL;DR: if you are supporting halberd and delfino as legal stages, you are disregarding our place in competitive smash in order to abuse these stages.

edit- I say this not as a brawl competitor, but as a gamer in general. Like I've said before, you can't join the NHL by playing by your own street hockey rules. It's important to keep up with the rest of the world in trending rule changes.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Just because this was Ty's main point I'll play devil's advocate

Sweet XII - both legal
Impulse - both legal
Smashachusetts - not specified
Armageddon - both banned
Mega Mass Madness - both legal
east Coast elites - both legal
Mag Monthlies - both legal
Lordy's mohthlies - both legal
Arcade Odyssey - both legal
Dockside 2 - both legal

Those were the top ten brawl tourneys in this section. Plenty just stated they were using apex rules, whether or not apex has any intention to ban the stages I don't know, but if we are deciding based on what most of the community is doing right now, there's a sample of current events for you.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
-edit-

No, I am actually supporting the ban on both stages. Halberd is ridiculous, and Delfino has both runoff camping and sharking. Coupled with Dawson's point of which regions have the bans in place. I'm back on board for this.

| Big D |

Smash Master
There's also been plenty of tourneys that have had them banned, mostly in the stronger regions will you see the switch happening. And then weaker regions such as these will follow. For example a Kansas tournament just happened where Halberd was banned.

I should mentioned at Sweet XI Zinoto lost to sharking in GF.

The key to the future is here.

NJ has them banned, SoCal has them banned, who's results are on AiB.

I'll find some tourney threads if you really want me to.

I'd like to point out that Japan, SoCal, and NJ are the 3 strongest regions in the world, I'd also like to point out our neighbors AB and Oregon have it banned.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm 99.99% sure that if Blue Yoshi were here, he'd agree with the return of RC and Brinstar.

Shame my opinion is so anti-competitive :)

Seriously though, I'm against banning two stages. One I can live with and if I had to choose between the two, I'd like Delfino to go.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Like it's not about how many weaker regions have it atm, even though plenty have them banned. Big TOs basically indicate what rule sets are used. I'm sure once SKtar 2's thread is up many people will adopt that rule set. You heard Keitaro say that the big nationals will have those stages gone. After Apex that rule set became the most popular, and now with most nationals having it banned, the rule sets used for those tourneys will in turn become the most popular.

Don't get me wrong this why it should be banned, it's reassurance that the most knowledgeable players in the game are coming to these conclusions and that the conclusions we're coming to now they have already come to. It's both reassurance, and not to mention it will have a large effect on surrounding regions, meaning we will need to adopt in order to not be ill prepared for any large tournaments we wish to attend.

I could go on why they should be banned, but I think we've gone over that enough.

Top Bottom