• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

breez

Smash Ace
Yes, I would. Also, you need feedback on these rules. Get me in on this. Not letting you be a dictator all up in this ruleset.
Well i'm buddies with the IRL events guys - they don't have much experience running competitive smash brackets. I'd like to think that most of the community is over the whole MK ban thing, and obviously I wouldn't bother to attend if my main was banned :p

I'm just going to ask to use the regular BC ruleset and such. And also make sure we have appropriate TVs/setups.

Also trying to get P:M going.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Well i'm buddies with the IRL events guys - they don't have much experience running competitive smash brackets. I'd like to think that most of the community is over the whole MK ban thing, and obviously I wouldn't bother to attend if my main was banned :p

I'm just going to ask to use the regular BC ruleset and such. And also make sure we have appropriate TVs/setups.

Also trying to get P:M going.
They seem to have enough experience to have an opinion on mk.

I'd like to think they want a more balanced game. Also, you are acting like 'the whole mk ban thing' was just an annoying phase that should be overlooked. It was an exploration of lines, and in the end the community is set.

It should be up to the organizers what ruleset to have, not people who have a giant conflict of interest.

The regular BC ruleset would be a thing, if the regular bc players' were going.

The regular BC ruleset is basically what the regulars like the most as a ruleset. This has no bearing on a tournament probably 100% of them won't be going to.

P:M would be cool.

:fluttershy:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What? It's not over? What happened to the Japanese players? How did Leon do? Did he use Peach? Did any other Peach make it to bracket?

Well gonna shower since I just finished work at my dusty workplace.

breez

Smash Ace
They seem to have enough experience to have an opinion on mk.

I'd like to think they want a more balanced game. Also, you are acting like 'the whole mk ban thing' was just an annoying phase that should be overlooked. It was an exploration of lines, and in the end the community is set.

It should be up to the organizers what ruleset to have, not people who have a giant conflict of interest.

The regular BC ruleset would be a thing, if the regular bc players' were going.

The regular BC ruleset is basically what the regulars like the most as a ruleset. This has no bearing on a tournament probably 100% of them won't be going to.

P:M would be cool.

Alright. I don't really care. I'm going to ask for an unban, and if he's not unbanned, I won't go. Neither will my friends. Simple as that.

And the MK ban ****ed with the brawl metagame, caused silly drama, and for all intents and purposes, weakened the brawl community all over the world. It's a stupid scrub mentality, and yes, I was hoping we were past it, as it's clear MK is not broken by any means.

The guys who don't even play brawl (at least not competitively) should not be making uninformed decisions. So I am going to inform them. You can argue if you want, but at this point, it would undoubtably hurt attendance, and also not allow other new players (and spectators) to see how brawl is really played in a competitive environment.

So you can go ahead and bank on the TO's ignorance and assert your illogical bias, but i'm going to try and make it an actual event, so that maybe we can get more people playing and viewing brawl (and P:M).

SKidd

Smash Master
otori, leffen and adhd are cutest smashers

GOD DAMN M2K THOUGHT
the robot is real

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Can I have the stream link?

Well I've been kinda saying Peach sucks for a while now :(

MK is lame. At least half of the BC community plays MK now.

breez

Smash Ace
Can I have the stream link?

Well I've been kinda saying Peach sucks for a while now :(

MK is lame. At least half of the BC community plays MK now.
http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun/

It doesn't matter if you think he's lame. He is not broken, and that's the point.

Also, you think that banning a character who "half of BC" plays, in a game that is already majorly suffering due to attendance, is the greatest idea?

I want to keep playing brawl. I want more people to keep playing brawl. Banning MK at this point is absolutely silly. Even talking about it is silly. If you aren't a legit enough gamer to admit that it's personal bias at this point, then there is obviously no arguing.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow he only got 25th? Bet he would have done a bit better if he used his secondary :(

Thanks for the link. Is Melee over? Would love if Peach did work in at least one way.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Alright. I don't really care. I'm going to ask for an unban, and if he's not unbanned, I won't go. Neither will my friends. Simple as that.
Okay.

And the MK ban ****ed with the brawl metagame, caused silly drama, and for all intents and purposes, weakened the brawl community all over the world. It's a stupid scrub mentality, and yes, I was hoping we were past it, as it's clear MK is not broken by any means.
Messed with the metagame? How so?

The guys who don't even play brawl (at least not competitively) should not be making uninformed decisions. So I am going to inform them. You can argue if you want, but at this point, it would undoubtably hurt attendance, and also not allow other new players (and spectators) to see how brawl is really played in a competitive environment.
1. And YOU should be the one making the decisions? Your act of 'informing' is quite literally going to be
I'm going to ask for an unban, and if he's not unbanned, I won't go.
Along with trying to coerce them into unbanning him by threatening attendance. I'm cool with you informing them, if you were going to represent both sides of the argument. But you're not.

2. It will only undoubtably hurt attendance because you are making it so. This is pretty much a form of blackmail.

3. This is a legitimate point. But I highly doubt that the tournament creators care.

So you can go ahead and bank on the TO's ignorance and assert your illogical bias, but i'm going to try and make it an actual event, so that maybe we can get more people playing and viewing brawl (and P:M).
How am I 'banking on the TO's ignorance' or asserting illogical bias? I mean, illogical bias is a thing, but it hardly applies to either of us. I have such a dedication to logic that people consistently refuse to talk to me because of such. I have probably the least bias of anyone save someone who doesn't play the game, and it's in no way illogical.

Your bias is of course logical. You want to win, and you want to use mk because it will make doing so the easiest.

It doesn't matter if you think he's lame. He is not broken, and that's the point.
Define broken.

Also, you think that banning a character who "half of BC" plays, in a game that is already majorly suffering due to attendance, is the greatest idea?
Is this 'half of bc' that you're talking about even relevant to the tournament in question?

I want to keep playing brawl. I want more people to keep playing brawl. Banning MK at this point is absolutely silly. Even talking about it is silly. If you aren't a legit enough gamer to admit that it's personal bias at this point, then there is obviously no arguing.
I want to be able to play brawl in as balanced a state as possible. This is no more and no less a good goal than yours.

If you are going to make claims (wanting to ban mk = personal bias) back them up.

No proof = no point, essentially. Also, this discussion would be really cool, but I doubt you will follow through. I hope I am wrong.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Why are you arguing with me. I am not even pro-ban. MK is lame though.

But after discussion with people the last two weeks, I think my Brawl "career" is over.

Top Bottom