• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

sniper6133

Smash Cadet
Yoooo guys. I wana know, as a Meta Knight main, is it worth it to try and re-learn your controls? I'm considering using L for jump since it allows me to use C-stick aerials. Currently I'm using X for jump and A for aerials, is it worth it to relearn the control scheme? Does it significantly help?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Yoooo guys. I wana know, as a Meta Knight main, is it worth it to try and re-learn your controls? I'm considering using L for jump since it allows me to use C-stick aerials. Currently I'm using X for jump and A for aerials, is it worth it to relearn the control scheme? Does it significantly help?
If it's not super annoying to do, yes it does.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'll try to come on Friday as well. Me, SinisterB and Starwaffle are going to the venue again today, so yeah come if you're free and want to smash with Starwaffle before he goes to the hospital again.

Jason!

Smash Lord
So smash might make it into Evo after all..

EVO2K13 Game lineup:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Mortal Kombat 9
Street Fighter X Tekken 2013
King of Fighters XIII
Persona 4 Arena

You may have noticed that there are only seven games in the list. To determine the 8th game, we’re holding a donation drive, with all proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Here’s how it works.
We’ve set up a donation page for the each of the most popular games in our previous Facebook poll. The game whose community raises the most money to help find a cure for breast cancer will be the final game at this year’s EVO. You can help get your game there by donating yourself, or by forwarding this page to your friends and relatives.
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
SFIII Third Strike, Online Edition
Virtua Fighter 5
Divekick
Melty Blood Actress Again Current
MLP: Fighting is Magic
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Dead or Alive 5
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Injustice
Skullgirls
Street Fighter II Super Turbo
Blazblue
Soul Calibur V
Darkstalkers 3
We’ll announce the winning game at the end of January, so get moving!

http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/08/evo...-get-your-game-to-evo-and-road-to-evo-events/

https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm

Arcansi

Smash Champion
The amount of money I would pay to get brawl into EVO is staggering.

The amount of corruption//two-facedness in EVO is also staggering. (Which games do you want in evo, guys? Oh, you want this game the most, around 200% of the next highest voted one? Let's not automatically add it to our roster.)

What do you guys think about this?

Jason!

Smash Lord
It's honestly only between 4 games.

Melee, MLP, and Injustice/PSA if Sony decides to get involved.

I can see all the bronys now.. pooling in their money

Arcansi

Smash Champion
It's honestly only between 4 games.

Melee, MLP, and Injustice/PSA if Sony decides to get involved.

I can see all the bronys now.. pooling in their money
Holy shiet MLP is in that.

Also yeah, you can probably expect MlP:FiM to win. The community does stuff like this regularly anyway, this will just have more hype and be spammed more.

If sony gets involved there will be controversy.

Jason!

Smash Lord
Holy shiet MLP is in that. Also yeah, you can probably expect MlP:FiM to win. The community does stuff like this regularly anyway, this will just have more hype and be spammed more.
All the games that got 500 or more votes on that poll on Facebook got into the players choice catagory. Also James Chen said there would be so much Gangnam Style if MLP wins loooooool so i guess either game is fine with me

If sony gets involved there will be controversy.
I guess if they wanted to be sleezy they could just drop large sums of money anonymously

Arcansi

Smash Champion
All the games that got 500 or more votes on that poll on Facebook got into the players choice catagory. Also James Chen said there would be so much Gangnam Style if MLP wins loooooool so i guess either game is fine with me
Mmmm...

I thought about this being the whole purpose for the poll, but that makes no sense.

Why ask players 'What do you want', and then with any sense of interest in the players in mind, not give them what they most want should you have the power to give it?

(I'll probably be posting that to MrWizard on twitter when I get home. Stay tuned for that.)

I guess if they wanted to be sleezy they could just drop large sums of money anonymously
Yeah, but if the donations are kept hidden it will look weird. Looks like everyone wants to be sleazy though, the Melee community is looking at donating only if they can win.

Atleast I know the MLP community will probably donate for the sake of it.

Jason!

Smash Lord
Mmmm...

I thought about this being the whole purpose for the poll, but that makes no sense.

Why ask players 'What do you want', and then with any sense of interest in the players in mind, not give them what they most want should you have the power to give it?

(I'll probably be posting that to MrWizard on twitter when I get home. Stay tuned for that.)
Link please when you do c:

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
It is atmospheric. The whole place reeks, even indoors. It's as if you can smell the combination of everything that goes on there combined with the heat and the fact that you're surrounded by dirt.

Top Bottom