• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
NOT THIS TIME *****ES

I won in one set, went to game 5. Became kind of a CP battle. Game one was DK vs. Falco, lol. He won that. Then I won Yoshi vs. Falco, he won Yoshi vs. ROB, I won Yoshi vs. GaW, then I managed to 2-stock his ROB game 5.

The reason I started with DK is because I beat his ROB in pools. BTW, Yoshi vs. GaW was on SV, nothing weird. lol

Jason says penis <3

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Our characters for doubles under our team name please,

TEAM SUPER AWESOME DYNAMITE PLATINUM BROTHERS

Big D: :dedede: :random: :wolf: :pit: :zelda: :diddy: :wario:

Blue Yoshi: :dedede: :random: :pikachu: :rob: :diddy: :wario:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Darn that money match. Why did I go Peach I swear I would have won otherwise!

R.O.B. is NOTHING compared to Zelda even though I think the matchup is -1/-2 Zelda. Just saying, and Jason! knows it.

SKidd

Smash Master
guys if no one has sympathy for arcansi it's only fair he doesn't have sympathy for us

and on that note

i loev you arcansi <3

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Wolf for high ti-

owait

mother****ing D3

anyways, more importantly

west COASTTTTTT

Oh and Dawson if you could convert/upload my replays you'd be a true bro
even though I will just steal them and put them on my channel :troll:
, I think majority of my replays like 2 sets was saved on yours since no one else had hax apparently LOL

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm out... exams everyday from Tuesday to Friday.

I'll definitely bring my Wii next time! Shame there weren't many recording Wiis and Wiis in general. :(

Arcansi

Smash Champion
guys if no one has sympathy for arcansi it's only fair he doesn't have sympathy for us
You understood this before me.

XD.

and on that note

i loev you arcansi <3
Also - Skidds ITT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnw7XoyZHLo

EDIT: Whoah, normal monthlies look easy as **** to win. I mean, Skidd getting second in doubles!?!?

what event do you want?
Just noticed this post.

Preferably my infinites ruleset, although I would be cool with anything that would help me instigate positive change as long as I get replays.

-_-

:fluttershy:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well there were only four teams for doubles. I think I could have done decently well if I was there. Zelda is beast for doubles!

Not that I was in any tournament, but I think overall I brought my A game yesterday when I needed to compared to last monthly which was just abysmal all around. :)

@Alphicans How to heck do I recover with Peach when I'm off stage (above stage level anyway, being at or below stage level is still all right)? Game and Watch is evil with all those fairs, Up Bs (lol :(), and uairs.

Side note: Also, I *know* Peach's utilt beats the key but I could never pull it out and why does that move always seem to hit...

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Side note: Also, I *know* Peach's utilt beats the key but I could never pull it out and why does that move always seem to hit...
Are you sure it beats it head-on?

I know moves like pits uair beat key, but only from the side.

Dude skidd I wanted that last time I was up there and you Scootaloo'd out.

But sure next time I come up.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well the Peach guide says it does so that's actually where my claim comes from.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yes utilt beats key, but you should be careful to rely on it, because the hitbox doesn't last long, so you have to time it really well/have really good reflexes.

Are you asking how to recover vs GaW? UpB does a pretty good job at stopping us from hitting you. I mean, if you're dumb about recovering, gaw can fair you out of float, so don't wait around for that. UpB as soon as you can towards the ledge. Try recovering as low as you can, because that'll definitely help.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I never really get an opportunity to get below the stage much. With his attacks sending me in unfavourable areas, and the combination of uair and Peach being floaty it becomes very difficult. But next time, I'll see what I can do about being more smart and focusing on getting low rather than focusing on just getting on the stage.

Thanks for the advice!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well to begin with I'm normally being sent diagonally upwards which is a pain. Then G&W will pressure me using fairs, uairs, and up b to not let me get below the the stage. Usually, my float will have expired/been interrupted and I've gotten nowhere. In this point in time, I'm relying on Side B to get back to the stage which is obviously not a very good thing.

But my matches with Rob weren't *that* bad imo given my overall skill level and how new I am with Peach. I did manage to recovery safely when I got sent off stage, but in general I noticed that's where I struggled the most and lost stocks in our many friendly games (I even won a few, but neither of us were going full force). I died from his Up B one time, but that's because I foolishly used Peach's side b and SD'd (Rob doesn't believe this, and thinks up b killed me).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm definitely going to keep this in mind, and I know I should have talked to Rob about this but it's just weird for me to ask somebody "Hey how do I beat/deal with you?"

Thanks again though! Really appreciate your help. :)

Asa

Smash Hero
@ arcansi - anything else besides your infinites thing? cuz bc's metagame doesn't really have icies or falcos (that cg)

Asa

Smash Hero
that's true, we do have a ddd

tho we don't really have characters that get cg'd by DDD... rofl

but the point stands that we have a ddd, so w/e

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sinister got double eliminated by d3. :troll: My DK is reserved for a select few MUs, and given than my Yoshi does just fine against d3, I know better than to ever put myself in a position to have to play that MU, so banning infinites wouldn't do much.

P.S. - Running away on Hanenbow is so powerful, it's overcentralizing even in AllBrawl. :awesome:

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Give me a week Arcansi, I'm going to new york, but when the break starts, I'll have loads of replays for you k?

Am I that DDD of which you are all referring?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I don't have a proposed ruleset atm.

An optimal one for the next monthly? "No one character may unavoidably grab any other one character more then 3 times"

FloSSing adapted.

Picto/Norfair are legal.

That's all I'm looking at atm.

:fluttershy:

Top Bottom