• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
They would require that we pay the venue fee for a smashfest. The thing is, my Saturdays for the next few weeks are looking pretty full, so it's unlikely I'll be there to deal with the venue. It would definitely be good if we could sort something out though!

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If tournaments always have to be on a Saturday, I'd love for Smashfests to be any other day of the week please... preferably Sunday. :)

Crisis

Smash Ace
Yeah smashfests at someone's place is obvs cheaper and more comfortable, but no one has more than 1 tv for more people. Only if there's enough interest. We could also do smash nights? Don't know if that's worth it o_O

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Smashfests at Uvic are free. Tournaments at uvic are free. We can have as many TV's and people as we want. We could probably have 30 TV's going at once even. And I'm guessing we could get even more than that.

Speaking of which, tournament this Sunday at uvic. You guys should come down.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Maybe a little :reverse: ICs are so free

post 9001 here i come

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's not cool to join the hate bandwagon for Justin Bieber.

That said, I'm not really a fan of him. Not sure how he was able to market a hugely successful Justin Bieber nail polish product line...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If you're actually planning on maining ICs, then best of luck. If you become a consistent ICs people are gonna hate playing you lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I would totally main IC if they weren't such a newbie unfriendly char because they are so adorable. Zelda sucks but at least she's easy to use. Keep in mind I've only started playing half seriously for a few months and I had to learn the basics along the way.

:phone:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I can count a total of 5 people (still playing or not anymore) in BC who have used IC in tournaments (in brawl).

Also, looking at all the characters, the only character in the entire game that I don't think anybody in BC has ever mained or used in tournaments is Luigi.

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
The IC metagame and the anti IC metagame are both so underdeveloped at this point that it's going to be hard to say. But eventually, I agree that ICs will be #1.
Until MK is freed

T-block

B2B TST
I highly doubt it, for practical reasons. Even with MK legal, ICs have always underperformed with respect to where theory would place them, mostly due to the nature of their character. I haven't even seen convincing reasoning to theorycraft them to #1, and even if there is, I doubt it'd occur in practice.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I can count a total of 5 people (still playing or not anymore) in BC who have used IC in tournaments (in brawl).

Also, looking at all the characters, the only character in the entire game that I don't think anybody in BC has ever mained or used in tournaments is Luigi.
Brian used Luigi on me in WFs at Komodo Brawl in Jan '10. =3

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I only remember one specific match, but it was part of his strategy. His ROB didn't outright beat me then like it does now, so he'd switch characters every match to keep me from getting comfortable with his style and gaining the upper hand. So it was random in a sense, but it wasn't just for fun, and it was one of his better characters at the time from what I recall.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Oh man that relief when i wake up and we aren't on post 10000 already

ICs are actually really fun.. I was trying them on my nub friend last night and I started to figure out the concept of them

Now I just need to figure out their grab combos

I still think Falcon is the best though you'll see

:falcon:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
This ain't Melee

even though Falcon is still better

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
so i guess we should confirm Rob for next Tourney?

let's do this

I hope we're talking about Brawl

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Well i'd love to come up there and **** your Puff but $5 just isn't worth it :awesome:

On another note.. Finally checked my replays and realized i have a cluster**** of Jake on my wii

Just watched our Pools set Yum~! and remembered how salty i am. Definitely out for Yoshi blood next time we play, i hope your body is ready

Top Bottom