• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
yeah zircon is the ****, basil! a lot of vgbootcamp's vids have their songs on sv and bf

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Seriously, as funny as this is, going back and fourth and all, nobody wants to read 200 posts of nothing. So... if you guys don't smarten up, all of these posts will be deleted (they probably all will be deleted anyways).

Asa

Smash Hero
that sounds funy actually lol

kantrip, no matter what happens, you're my new +1 buddy <3

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay. Let's truce for now because this really was stupid but if one of us continues we both will out of the competitive spite we developed from this.

What's Olimar's best stage?

Asa

Smash Hero
olimar's best stages are

castle seige -> improved camping ability, 3rd transormation's like FD is ppl ban it, early kills on 2nd transformation, minimized gimps
halberd -> increased yellows/purples, low ceiling, increased recovery options, hard to appraoch olimar when he's under a platform
delfino -> hella purples, low ceiling on some parts, oli can camp well and get spikes if the situation calls for it, early throw kills on walkoffs, increased recovery options

best starter would be YI or FD

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Posts 8174 to post 8257 will all probably end up getting deleted (I'll let someone who is more experienced in dealing with this type of situation take care of this). And depending on how the conversation continues, it might be more than that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Are halberd and delfino good due to Uair planking? Or is it something to do with the different pikmin pull percent chances on different stages? I know on delfino he pulls more purples and yellows or something, right?

Castle siege is because of stage 1 and 2 I presume? Stage one you can camp under the left platform pretty well, and in stage 2 you can throw through platforms and force your opponent to either stall the stage out or take damage?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Halberd would probably be because of the low ceiling (early up-smash and up-throw kills). Castle Siege would be because of camping on the second transformation (you can throw pikmin through the statues iirc). Delfino because you don't need to recover, and you can easily apply pressure (and some transformations have really low ceilings).

Asa

Smash Hero
look at my post again, trevor

lylat is also a popular olimar stage for some, given the increased yellows and puprles and an abundance of platforms to land on and camp under. i prefer that map for diddy, falco, or marth. not snake tho >.> his c4's hide too well on the platforms (can't even see it due to the camera angle)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright, thanks.

So far my favourite combo is lining up yellows at low percents to do d-throw > usmash > nair > uair > (upB)

Asa

Smash Hero
tru

that's what i like about olimar, you can just make up bull**** combos rofl

my favorite is usmashx2->uair

another favorite -> nair ->footstool->dair->fair

Kantrip

Kantplay
Suddenly... purple writing.

Yeah I think Olimar's really cool and stuff so I'm definitely going to be playing him in friendlies and stuff to practice him. zomB also uses Olimar, so we are getting an influx of them :)

Asa

Smash Hero
Suddenly... purple writing.

Yeah I think Olimar's really cool and stuff so I'm definitely going to be playing him in friendlies and stuff to practice him. zomB also uses Olimar, so we are getting an influx of them :)
can't wait to see you get better with him :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Then when I lose I can say I was going to give you the money anyways so you could travel from the island and the MM was just for hype.

Asa

Smash Hero
i'd say deap is the next best oli, it's not bad (been playing hella wifi w/ him)

LOL KATNRIP XD

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
it's not mekos's games per se

it's him giving commentary on his match on how to get better at doulbes
I love how you spelled per se right. Just saying.

And Olimar needs to get destroyed next event. If I do manage to beat some Olimars, it's gonna taste soooo sweet.

Top Bottom