• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK

Smash Journeyman
Well, I used to have him at 8th place, but certain people said he should be lower, so I changed that >_>
Then the people you asked must been Dutchies or someone that sucks and dont know svampen :laugh:

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Overrate, not overreact....
And he's definatly not overrated,, at RoS3 he placed higher than both Marc & Dave and he eliminated Seretur who eliminated dave.
Based on the last tournament, wich is the only one they participated in together Svampen should be seeded higher than both of them.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still don't get why Fire and Down-A are above me. I beat both of them and placed equally or better in tourneys compared to them.

And haven't you listened to other players opinions at all? I should be right below BF. Change it and I'll be happy and keep my mouth shut until JST5.

Kthxbai.

en ja, LPU met seeding is unforgivable.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I must definitely say Svampen deserves a higher seed than Marc and Dave based on tournament results. And that's what we're going by, isn't it? =)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I had Svampen above Marc before, but this is what Marc posted on page 16:

Tegen Svampen heb ik alleen in friendlies gespeeld, en toen liep ie weg nadat ik hem met Sheik best wel hard gepakt had.
Which means something like this:

Versus Svampen I've only played in friendlies, and then he walked away after I owned him pretty bad with Sheik.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
So what Jeffzor, that's friendlies right? Seeding based on friendlies would be hell. FYI, I beat CJ in friendlies at OC2, he now wants revenge (we'll have to settle that at this tournament, btw) so according to that I should be seeeded above CJ?
LOL of course not, we go by tournament results, which clearly say CJ is above me. And Svampen is above Marc. Nuff said.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Yeah, it's true I've never played seriously vs Svampen, I also don't know why he left after a few friendlies, maybe he didn't want to get serious. Dave and me both haven't played him in singles, we only beat him and Smash Alex in teams. I'm guessing his seeding should be near us at least, but I leave it up to the host if it should actually be better than ours.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
@Marc: Well, as much as I would like to seed you above Svampen, Helios is right, I have to change the seeding. I will leave Dave above Svampen though -_-

@Thomaz: Lol! You're like the only one complaining about being too high XD
And maybe you're right. In friendlies, I know you can **** me from time to time, but in tourney matches you're always much worse... (anyone who's gonna attack me about this point, ask Thomaz, he'll admit it >_>)

Btw, for people who were too lazy too read the 1st post, I'll bring this up again. You can't sleep at the venue and I can only house about 5 people at most, so make sure you contact someone who can!

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Ik zeg dat et ong zo moet zijn >_>

Yuna (Sweden)
Ryuker
bornfidelity.com\ngcxx
Thomaz
crashandburn (Hebben we lang niet gezien sorry vincent maar je dropt in rang daardoor)
Down-A
Fire

Piisuke
WMK (Finland)
linkje
Savior
Jeffrey
sparky
shoe

*note LPU = bye bye*

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
@Marc: Well, as much as I would like to seed you above Svampen, Helios is right, I have to change the seeding. I will leave Dave above Svampen though -_-
Wtf, isn't he put above me because I ranked lower than him at RoS3, where I got THE EXACT SAME ranking as Dave? Kinda personal, kid.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Why do such seeding, just seed them with A seed - D seed

A-seed (in no particular order)
Captain Jack (Japan)
Nihonjin
EK (Sweden)
Helios (Sweden)
Remen
Doug (England)
Kirby Squad
Svampen (Sweden)

B-seed (in no particular order)
Marc
Ninja
JAM5 (England) (really don't know why he is so high, can somebody tell me?)
Ivootjes
Doraki (France)
Faab
Sparken (Sweden)
Rensie

C-seed (in no particular order)
Zeta
Beunhaas
Johnnyboy
Captain Jadde (Sweden)
Tirune
Reffie
Aniolas (Sweden)
Utto

D-seed (in no particular order)
Yuna (Sweden)
crashandburn
Ryuker
Thomaz
bornfidelity.com
Down-A
Fire
ngcxx

Some things I changed:

Switched Svampen with Marc (looking at RoS3 results)

Switched Rens with Johnny. Did this because of Rens getting 13th at RoS3, and Rens getting 7th at Sotf (johnny getting 17th at Sotf, but with a difficult bracket). Still had a hard time because Johnny did quite well at tnot (5th). But with a lot less good players.

Switched ngcxx with piisuke, because we haven't heard anything from piisuke in ages and he doesn't play anymore.

And the last thing that i did is removing the 33-40 seed because it's bull****.

I'm really sure that this list is far from perfect and that there will happen strange things at the tournament that nobody expects, but it's impossible to make a perfect list unless we'll just play a full round robin at the tournament.

Comments? (lol, off course comments, just tell it without flaming please)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, die A-D, no particular order seeding is eigenlijk gewoon het best dus agrees with Ivo.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
(In no particular order)

(In no particular order)

(In no particular order)

Lezen jeffrey, ik zet svampen niet onder dave, ik zet ze in dezelfde groep, namelijk de groep A-seed

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
A few issues with how this is going.

First, why are we making ordered rankings? You can't compare most people, since many players have never played each other. Rankings like this are biased bull**** and only lead to grudges (which has basically already happened when Jeffz0r screwed NGCXX over). Especially the people in the lower classes aren't getting a fair treatment.

Second, why is this happening THREE MONTHS in advance? Like everyone is going to show up anyway. Personally, I am already starting to doubt my attendance.

Third, flawed logic. I get placed below Svampen while Dave isn't, even though the exact reason applies to him in exactly the same manner? Remen has never played Svampen, like us, but he never went to Sweden, so he never ranked in a tournament they both attended, so his ranking doesn't get affected by it. So basically, going to Sweden screwed over my ranking, while Jeffz0r's flawed logic is doing the rest. It's not that I can't live with Svampen being put above me (even though he was pretty much a **** to us in Sweden and has never travelled to us), but the way only I 'lose' here seriously ticks me off. And that's all besides the fact I drop from top seed to high seed like this.

However, it is quite possible to give people a certain seed (while not ordering within seed groups), like Ivo suggested. More later, if I feel like it.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great, this is what I did for RoS3. Top and high seeds, then screw the rest ;)

I'd like to verify that Jam is indeed a great player, and he definitely deserves a B-seed!

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
@Marc: If I now give you top seed, the Swedes will start complaining that Svampen placed above you, so he should get top seed. Even though you lost to Helios and Masamune, who are both better then Svampen (okay, Svampen and Masamune both got 5th, but still ><)
So basically, I don't care who gets the top seed, you or Svampen, I didn't give you B-seed because I thought he was better (cause I don't). Can more people post opinions about who should be top seed, Marc or Svampen? >_>

Exalador

Smash Lord
lol... like 8 pages long of seeding comments... i really dont care where i get placed in the list :/ as i have read a couple of times in the past few pages: people go to the tournament to do there best and prove themselves... i dont care about the list upfront

but being placed UNDER jeffz0r? pssssh :p i did beat him 2-0 in the poule with amsah, me, jeffz0r and Brasje at SOTF and finished 2nd in the poule. even though i got ***** by amsah x_x

2nd edit lol: got it was a close call between me and savior in loser-bracket, lost just barely with 2-1... so my guess is im somewhere between jeffz0r and savior :p still waiting for that chance for revenge savior!

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
@Marc: If I now give you top seed, the Swedes will start complaining that Svampen placed above you, so he should get top seed. Even though you lost to Helios and Masamune, who are both better then Svampen (okay, Svampen and Masamune both got 5th, but still ><)
So basically, I don't care who gets the top seed, you or Svampen, I didn't give you B-seed because I thought he was better (cause I don't). Can more people post opinions about who should be top seed, Marc or Svampen? >_>
Purely based on tournaments?

Svampen placed above Marc in the tournament so Marc should get a B seed.
*Marc: But thats unfair because he placed above Dave aswell*
Thats true, but it was either you or Dave in B-seed and Dave has been placing higher in almost all of the dutch tournaments you guys have participated in for a while now (I think <__<)
So that would mean you're a B-seed.

Don't take it too hard, a B-seed is more than enough for a potential A-seed like yourself, just get first in your pool and all's well again ^_^

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
You don't read well, my point is that you only put me below Svampen, and not Dave.

Amsah: The logic behind it is flawed. This is saying Dave is better than Svampen, while I'm regarded as worse in the exact same situation. That is offensive to me. I don't really care about top or high seed since I'm not even sure if I'll be there and it's not like I'm getting much practice before it anyway.

And yeah, Dave has ranked higher than me in the last few tournaments we both attended, we didn't play each other though (I actually won our last encounter). Dave truly is worthy of a top seed imo, and if it's between him and me, give it to him. I just want to set things straight for my own ranking here.

Kirby Squad

Smash Lord
Plus Marc and I aren't used to playing in a sweathouse all day long with 40 Degrees Celcius climbing up your back ^^

(Stupid old Swedish man telling us to shut the door)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wholeheartedly* >__>

@ Marc, from what I can tell, the question is whether you or Dave get the top seed. At least that's the situation from my eyes as a tournament director.
In no way should dave be seeded higher than svampen, imo.

EDIT:
RoS3 was hot, that's for sure, but you should've seen the Gauntlet in boiling Manhattan without any AC at all. That **** was dangerous!

Thomaz

Smash Lord
Wholeheartedly* >__>

@ Marc, from what I can tell, the question is whether you or Dave get the top seed. At least that's the situation from my eyes as a tournament director.
In no way should dave be seeded higher than svampen, imo.

EDIT:
RoS3 was hot, that's for sure, but you should've seen the Gauntlet in boiling Manhattan without any AC at all. That **** was dangerous!
Whatever, Chris. >___>

Ryuker

Smash Lord
No matter what the season though you sweat all the same in sweden :S. Even in winter you guys turn up the heating so much you still sweat :S. Maybe you guys just like wet controllers or something >.>

shoe

Smash Ace
lol @ ryuker
lol @ this thread
I really don't care whether or not I get seeded, it's just that I get annoyed by Jeffzor placing Sparkie below his own a$$ as Sparky clearly outplayed him last time they faced off.

Savior

Smash Journeyman
Jeffzor seeds random, its hard sure, seeding a whole top 50 or something, top 32 atleast, but still, do it good, the hard way, or don't seed at all.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
random seeds or no seeds at all? wth >_>
I think you may need to clarify that a bit, so we, the stupid foreigners, can understand too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom