• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMG Helios, read before you post. Poule is a FRENCH word, a very common at that with multiple meanings aswell.
It is also used for describing pool or group, which is been used in the English language.
If on the fencing site says it is determine the grouping of fencers or teams in a competition then it is painfully obvious it is a CORRECT word,

If poule was INCORRECT in English, it wouldn't be used on the site, even if the sport uses French terms or not, my god what is wrong with these Swedish people.
Give me prove that I am wrong then.

So, either come with something useful, else shut your face, cause you're nothing but babbling nonsense, must be the small brains inside that shell you call head of yours.

Also, smorgasbord IS NOT an English word, but a Swedish word that has been ACCEPTED in the English language. Else MACARONI wouldn't have been an Italian word, but an English word, nimwit.
For the last time, that site is a site for Fencing! And we've already established that fencing uses French words!

Yes, it's on the site, because it's a site for fencing, a sport which obviously uses French words. Ballet uses French words. I don't see those words ever used outside of ballet.

At least with ballet terms, you can look them up in a dictionary. Pray tell, what dictionaries have you found "Poule" in (except Dictionary.com, which is a stupid site because I've found tons of mistakes in there)? I've been asking you to go look it up in your dictionaries for weeks but you refuse to.

Or maybe you did and didn't find it. What about your girlfriend? I've asked you to ask her in which instances she's come across it, but apparentely you never see her because you have yet to.

Well, I never heard of that word before, hence why. But you actually proved my point here, cause I looked it up and it means "a buffet with many dishes" in English. So in other words, this again proves that the English language uses many words from other languages. Good job Helios xD.
Yes, apparentely you do own English dictionaries. Now go look in them for "Poule". YOU WON'T FIND IT!

Macaroni and Smorgosbord are imported words. Poule is NOT. It's a term in Fencing. Get that through your head.

I refuse to accept you as a being of even mild intelligence 'til you FINALLY go and look up "Poule" in your Dictionaries! How hard can it be? Apparentely you could look up smorgasbord.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's only ******** because Piisuke is.

"My girlfriend said so and these two sites on the Internet say so, of course it's true!"

Excuse me while I create 10 pages that states that I'm in a committed relationship with Ken.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
thomaz ftw.

edit: whether poul/poule/pewl/puul is correct or not if you like to use it and people understand what you mean, why shouldnt you. who doesnt understand this is clearly not a sex pistols fan.

^^

Piisuke

Smash Ace
For the last time, that site is a site for Fencing! And we've already established that fencing uses French words!

Yes, it's on the site, because it's a site for fencing, a sport which obviously uses French words. Ballet uses French words. I don't see those words ever used outside of ballet.

At least with ballet terms, you can look them up in a dictionary. Pray tell, what dictionaries have you found "Poule" in (except Dictionary.com, which is a stupid site because I've found tons of mistakes in there)? I've been asking you to go look it up in your dictionaries for weeks but you refuse to.

Or maybe you did and didn't find it. What about your girlfriend? I've asked you to ask her in which instances she's come across it, but apparentely you never see her because you have yet to.

Yes, apparentely you do own English dictionaries. Now go look in them for "Poule". YOU WON'T FIND IT!

Macaroni and Smorgosbord are imported words. Poule is NOT. It's a term in Fencing. Get that through your head.

I refuse to accept you as a being of even mild intelligence 'til you FINALLY go and look up "Poule" in your Dictionaries! How hard can it be? Apparentely you could look up smorgasbord.
Seriously, why do I even bother. All you come up with is I am right, because I say so, give me prove you ******** excuse of a person, is that so much to ask.
I think you missed the point that my girlfriend studies English literature, she says it IS USED, I also mentioned it is rarely used cause ENGLISH PEOPLE USE THE WORD GROUP ABOVE POOL AND POULE.

When British people talk about pool they talk about the game POOL 9/10 times and use group or poule to make it easier.

I have given you proof, I'll ask her to ask a teacher of hers, and you'll see for yourself. Appearantly you're just too ******** to accept poule is used in the English language. Or are you suddenly a master of the English language, I have my doubts, cause then you woul speak better English then the English people themselves. For crying out loud, quit it if you don't have anything useful to say, cause all I have been doing the last 10 posts is repeating myself.

Either come with some proof else shut the hell up.

It's only ******** because Piisuke is.

"My girlfriend said so and these two sites on the Internet say so, of course it's true!"

Excuse me while I create 10 pages that states that I'm in a committed relationship with Ken.

Which you reply with, omg that is no proof, because I say so, OMG you are such a ******. Yes, please write 10 pointless pages of your gayness nobody cares about, cause it has more sense then all your posts in this topic.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I completely lost track of this argument, I'm going to stop until I remember what I and everyone else was trying to prove lol

<-- getting too old for this

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Because they are the ones saying LPU doesn't exist the most often XD
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet
LPU bestaat niet

I win ^_^
Mag hij nu in mijn poul/poule/pool/poel (<___<)

SexyMeth

Smash Cadet
+1 cube and ...
+3 naked chix
+2 empty bags of bull****
+1 pikachu trophy
+1 guy smelling like a prostitute with a cube (adam)

p.s.
poeple who will need housing: i'll bring mij old barbie dollhouse, there's a space left next to adam if ur lucky he's sleeping with ken (if he does: 2 space's left in ken's bed)
i dont sleep i just sit next to youre bed and and talk for hours and hours (in ken's room) about:

.And then its morning: the food will be plastic (dont worry its free)

p.s.again
im talking about the other ken not "the ken" but sometime's playing vs ken (not "the ken") and winning make's u feel good

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
LPU's not coming on the second day? What, JD's not coming on the second day either or something?

Piisuke: Why do you act like I've never asked you to do these things. From my, like, 3rd post on the matter, I've asked you to ask your girlfriend where she encountered the phaenomena, to ask your English professor(s) and to look it up in dictionaries (and why do you categorically refuse to look it up in dictionaries, anyway?).

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
LPU's not coming on the second day? What, JD's not coming on the second day either or something?
Nope they'll only attend the 1st day.

@Meth: Okee ik schrijf je in voor de eerste dag, maar onthoud dat de kans klein is dat je de tweede dag ook kan komen ;)

SexyMeth

Smash Cadet
kweenie wat dat is mensen denken dattik standaart stoned ben.
is gewoon een stukje creativiteit van mij denkik.
ik hoop datje er iets aan hebt (en snapt) zoniet.. jah dan nix.

Piisuke

Smash Ace

Piisuke: Why do you act like I've never asked you to do these things. From my, like, 3rd post on the matter, I've asked you to ask your girlfriend where she encountered the phaenomena, to ask your English professor(s) and to look it up in dictionaries (and why do you categorically refuse to look it up in dictionaries, anyway?).
I have to look for your proof, dude..what kind of logic is that. YOU HAVE to give me proof, I don't have to look for it myself.
Where she saw the word poule? Hmm, gee she IS ENGLISH AND STUDIES ENGLISH LITERATURE, I THINK IT COULD BE IN BOOKS!! Liek omg, iz dat relly tru? No wai!

Ivo, blijf van die sites af van Meth, je bent te klein en te jong om op die sites te komen, ze geloven nooit dat jij 18+ bent, wat je overigens niet bent xD

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're the one who's claiming a word is used in a way nobody else knew it was used (especially not the English speaking people). You're the one who has to prove your statement.

There's no way for me to prove you're wrong in a way I haven't already done so, like pointing out how nobody besides you or your girlfriend have encountered this phaenomena and the fact that no dictionary I own even mentions "Poule" in conjunction with "Pool".

There aren't sites that say "These words are never spelled this way!" (well, sure, there must be some somewhere). Go ask your professors, question where your girlfriend encountered this and look in your own dictionaries.

Have you even asked your girlfriend, like you said you would?

Linkje

Smash Lord
........hahahahahhahhahhahah......hahahahahhahaha......hahahahah......

Utto wij teamen ? of iemand die ownt zoalsUtto :p

Edit: vrijwel onmogeljik btw :p

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
........hahahahahhahhahhahah......hahahahahhahaha......hahahahah......

Utto wij teamen ? of iemand die ownt zoalsUtto :p

Edit: vrijwel onmogeljik btw :p
Mijn eerste voorkeur gaat uit naar Reffie als teampartner, te makkelijk. Maar als hij om een of andere reden niet zou willen - wat ik me niet voor kan stellen, want ik oon - dan is het wat mij betreft prima.

Piisuke

Smash Ace
You're the one who's claiming a word is used in a way nobody else knew it was used (especially not the English speaking people). You're the one who has to prove your statement.

There's no way for me to prove you're wrong in a way I haven't already done so, like pointing out how nobody besides you or your girlfriend have encountered this phaenomena and the fact that no dictionary I own even mentions "Poule" in conjunction with "Pool".

There aren't sites that say "These words are never spelled this way!" (well, sure, there must be some somewhere). Go ask your professors, question where your girlfriend encountered this and look in your own dictionaries.

Have you even asked your girlfriend, like you said you would?
YOU'RE the one that said everyone here was incorrect. You haven't proven anything, the only thing you said was my proves are incorrect, because you say they're not valid enough, which is ********.

Prove to me that poule is incorrect, don't say I have to look up in a dictionary, cause you have to provide ME prove like I gave you.

And no, I didn't asked her, that is why I said she says it used, dear god...are you really that stupid.
I have sites that say that poule can be written as poule in the English language and you can't find any, I think that solves the case then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom