• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You have now made it to the level of complete random idiot. I NEVER said it was an English word, it is USED in English, learn how to read English instead of saying I poule is not proper English, cause it is. It is used in the English language, because the English language has many words that mean the same, also borrows words from other languages, such as he dutch do with many words.

If you don't want to believe it, fine then be a little ******** and don't believe it. I gave you prove, also my gf who studies English literature says it is used, I never claimed it is very common, but it IS used, now shut up about it being incorrect, cause if it is used (no matter the sport) it is correct, Fencing uses it.

If it was incorrect, then it wouldn't be used, it is as simple as that.

Fore isn't used in ANY other sport, cause it was designed for Golf. Poule is a common French word, so that is your idiot talk again, thinking you have a point, but you don't. Yes, I know how to pronounce poule, you know hwy? Cuase I have many French speaking colleagues at work and they said it was poule, the same way as pool is pronounced, so again...you're talking garbage.

And for the last time, I already told you COUNTLESS times, it is a French word, you are just too stupid to read that and keep claiming I didn't said that. I said it is USED in the English language.

I still don't get it why you are so aggressive in this, I mean I have given you proofs and all you do is random talk, so I don't know why I even bother to waste my time on you, cause you're not making a point, other then random idiotness and crap, which is what you usually do.

Oh and yes Yuna, it is used in English sentences, but if you use LAtin words, such as via or aquaduct. is tyhat incorrect too..? I guess we all should stick to our specified English/Ducth/Swedish language then, no more borrowed words, so since we dutchies don't have a dutch word for computer...what should we use then? Cause according to your logic it is incorrect to use words from other languages into your own language.

Rinda, it doesn't show me your oh so high intellect if you say in a rather utterly random post "pwned noobs" or whatever it was.
The English langauge has not borrowed the word Poule from French except for in fencing. Other than that, you dont spell Pool as Poule. Ask anyone. Ask your English professors. Your girlfriend does not count.

Have you ever heard them say the word Poule? Its not the same as the English pronounciation of Pool. Its sliiiightly different, but the difference is there.

Yes, I KNOW youre saying that. Im not saying youre saying otherwise. 0 Im challenging your claim that its used in the English language outside of fencing and some possible random French sports like Lacrosse or whatever.

You have no proof whatsoever. A site about fencing and your girlfriend isnt proof. Neither is a faulty site on Dictionary.com. Give me an hour and Ill find you ten more. Look it up in any dictionary (real life one). You wont find it.

You know what, via and aqueduct are BORROWED Latin words used in everyday English. Poule is not. Poule is used in fencing and AFAIK (and everyone else besides you and your girlfriend) know, its ONLY used in fencing. Ballet uses tons of French terms. None of those are borrowed into everyday English (or English outside of ballet even).

And you STILL havent told me in what contexts your little girlfriend have encountered the spelling Poule in the English language!

(BTW, my lack of apostrophes and such is caused by Firefox suddenly switching to the American keyboard layout and refusing to switch back)

Linkje

Smash Lord
GOD****IT YUNA DIE WE ALREADY HAVE LEFT THIS GOD**** DISCUSSION MY GOD!!!!!!

GOAT says hi to everyone ^^
(he was in Almere yesterday =D)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You act like I'm the only participant in this discussion. I just happened to be gone for a few days (a week?) because I had better things to do than hang around on Smashboards all day.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Dutchies versus foreigners, are you sure you're up for that? CJ, Ek, Helios and Doug in the same team, how broken XD

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Yuna...seriously, I have given you proof, you are just too ******** to see that a fencing site is proof. I am fully aware it is a French sport that uses French terms, but it is an English site, so if it was so incorrect as you claim to be, it wouldn't be used on that site.

My girlfriend studies ENGLISH LITERATURE, she says the English DO use, although it is not very common, cause GROUP is used far more then pool/poule.
Oh, and English DO borrow words, poule is one of them and I can give you hundred other words, so don't even go there.

Also, pronouncation is the same for people with fast tongues, considering the French speak French rather fast and the English speak English rather fast, I do not hear any diffirence between the words, besides ou is pronounced the same as oo in English and oe in Dutch.

You are just too stubborn to say you are incorrect, the fencing site gave as explanation: "a group of fencers OR teams in a competition." What teams? It doesn't matter, arsehat.
Poule is used in the English language, learn to live with it, maybe you're American friends don't use it, but I am talking about the real English here, not the ugly broken American English.

I don't even know why your brought this dicussion up again, cause your were rather pointless, I could ask my girlfriend to ask her English teacher, but he'll come with the same answer. Aking me for proof I already gave you, then saying the proof doesn't count, that is really pathetic.
It is like saying, "that dude saw witnessed the whole thing and saw the murderer." "Yeah, but he is French, so that doesn't count." Just give it up already, it is useless.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
I like the idea of dutchies vs foreigners :chuckle:

We should start making the top10 dutch team already

What about

1. Amsah
2. Remen
3. Dave
4. Ivo
4. Marc
4. Nnja
7. Faab
8. Rens
9. Utto
10. Beunhaas

First Reserve:
11. Johnny

Start complaining now!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Jeffz0r: Not as broken and at least more interesting than regular crews with random top players crewing for shady reasons. Besides, without Goat, the best Dutch crew isn't the same anymore anyway. I'd really like it if the different countries show up with a top 10, like we did in Sweden at RoS3 (although regional crews wasn't finished
-_-). If that's impossible, maybe make it like 8 vs 8 or something like that. Dutchies vs foreigners is also possible.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I sincerely doubt sweden will have 8 people show up, and I can't see any other region showing up with even more people. 5v5 should be doable tho.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Helios: Well, the final form of the crew battles can be decided upon at the tournament itself, 5 vs 5 is a pretty good option as well.

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Piisuke, would you define the word smorgasbord as English?
Helios, would you define words such as: Museum, Aquaduct, Via, Poule, Capucchino and Mozarella as English words? So, were you trying to make a point, cause I am not seeing it. Also, smorgasboard is a Swedish word not used in English, the words I mentioned are used in English and other languages

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, but you're mistaken! Smorgasbord IS used in English! It's been used in TV, books, newspapers. Now do you see my point?

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Well, I never heard of that word before, hence why. But you actually proved my point here, cause I looked it up and it means "a buffet with many dishes" in English. So in other words, this again proves that the English language uses many words from other languages. Good job Helios xD.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, this hasn't got much to do with the poule/pool argument, I was just curious on your definition on an English word.

Mind you, smorgasbord IS a Swedish word that's been generally accepted to, even in English, have that aforementioned meaning.

Poule, however, is a dutch word. I don't care if it's used in fencing, that's not the reason you dutchies use it here.
You've all claimed you're using it cause it's the dutch word for group, right? That means you're just using that spelling because you're either too lazy or stupid to use the correct English term. Hah!

Player Pink

Smash Apprentice
Stupid discussion... it's poel you dumb *******s. btw yuna's sig ownz :D but thats about it about yuna.... That picture of you dressed as a girl still haunts me... Do you know what the sig means Helios?? :p Because he is kind of right ;)

Yeah maybe i'll come P.S. I suck because my fokebuulerea ownz you all... Maybe some of you can learn some Dutch swearing for me. Or some dutchies can learn some of me as well ^_^

I OBJECT. Utto out of the top 10 (no offense just that I'm more fun) and me in :psycho:

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Actually, this hasn't got much to do with the poule/pool argument, I was just curious on your definition on an English word.

Mind you, smorgasbord IS a Swedish word that's been generally accepted to, even in English, have that aforementioned meaning.

Poule, however, is a dutch word. I don't care if it's used in fencing, that's not the reason you dutchies use it here.
You've all claimed you're using it cause it's the dutch word for group, right? That means you're just using that spelling because you're either too lazy or stupid to use the correct English term. Hah!
OMG Helios, read before you post. Poule is a FRENCH word, a very common at that with multiple meanings aswell.
It is also used for describing pool or group, which is been used in the English language.
If on the fencing site says it is determine the grouping of fencers or teams in a competition then it is painfully obvious it is a CORRECT word,

If poule was INCORRECT in English, it wouldn't be used on the site, even if the sport uses French terms or not, my god what is wrong with these Swedish people.
Give me prove that I am wrong then.

So, either come with something useful, else shut your face, cause you're nothing but babbling nonsense, must be the small brains inside that shell you call head of yours.

Also, smorgasbord IS NOT an English word, but a Swedish word that has been ACCEPTED in the English language. Else MACARONI wouldn't have been an Italian word, but an English word, nimwit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom