• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JLB An MD crew......We coming back!?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
whatever lobos, do what ya want. if you dont want to team with me, thats fine. but i do play brawl alot online, so i aint gonna disappoint. you hermaphrodite.

but good luck trying to find another team mate in time. either the good people are already taken or you dont know who they use or how they play. just use the md/va last resort, team with EE lol
Completely random LOL

PLK

Smash Rookie
whatever lobos, do what ya want. if you dont want to team with me, thats fine. but i do play brawl alot online, so i aint gonna disappoint. you hermaphrodite.

but good luck trying to find another team mate in time. either the good people are already taken or you dont know who they use or how they play. just use the md/va last resort, team with EE lol
Lol yeah, I am pretty terrible overall XD

Lukky

Smash Cadet
Lol yeah, I am pretty terrible overall XD
Don't try to get people to underestimate you, EE is gettin' a lil bit nice I gotta watch out for him and Okin you need to come over my place so I can get my revenge in freaking MarioKart

Lukky

Smash Cadet
Depends on what time if its too early I'll still be at school so just hit me up and I'll let people know when I'm free

Lobos

Smash Master
Aiming for a anytime between 1-6pm, I'll take my wii to the big screen unless someone wants to bring theirs.

In any case I call and let you guys know whats up.

Jayo

Smash Apprentice

MY SNAKE IS BECOMING GOD-LIKE

I pray for all of those who oppose me...when are we playing

Oh yeah...I need to make a combo video. Does anyone know how to do that?

Lobos

Smash Master
I know how to mess around with windows movie maker a bit. Trying to see if we can set something up tomorrow.

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
your snake is becomig god-like???

ROFLMAOMGTFOHELLOL

that is all
Boss, what'd I tell you about tryin to get all those words out with my @#@# in ya mouth.
You gotta swallow and then speak. lol
(that was kinda graphic)​

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
who's GIRM?

lol j/k.

How come I'm the only one with a match against a really good player? lol

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i must play you guys soon. after finals.

and Calvin, i dunno if Im going to your tourney or not anymore. im just tired. mybe if i get some good training in beforehand...

btw, my olimar is legit now. sorry....

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
i must play you guys soon. after finals.

and Calvin, i dunno if Im going to your tourney or not anymore. im just tired. mybe if i get some good training in beforehand...

btw, my olimar is legit now. sorry....
Hope you can still make it. Why'd you pick up Gaylimar? lol

$TYL

Smash Rookie
Sup guys I need to play with you all again sometime lol.

You guys are better than me at the game and therefore probably theory, but just in case it helps some people here are some comments on those videos:
GIMR--You seemed to fall into patterns with your Falco and got fairly predictable, then got baited near the end of your match. If you plan on sticking with Falco as a possible tourney character I'd try to get out of that habit, though that's easier said than done. You have a great handle on Falco, just bad strategy it seems like. You played with wherever the match was being led, you weren't ever trying to take control of it again. Risking a bit of health to put the ball back in the opponent's court can be worth it, but when you did you kept with your offense and lost too much percentage from trying to attack. Also remember that no matter how good the player is at using moves with very few or no openings, their reaction is still human and you'll be able to trick them into situations where they won't be able to guess what you'll do.

Lobos--Your match was pretty good, I didn't see any constant mistakes (unless toon link can wall jump and you should have used that). You made major mistakes but they weren't anywhere near game-ending, though they might have been against different opponents. I think your strength is in capitalizing on your opponent's attack mistakes, so if you play a bit more carefully it might fit your style better. Then again I've seen you be really offensive as well, so I'm not too sure you should listen to me on that point :p

Slik--Good stuff against mario. For the zelda matchup was falling into her tilts and smashes inexperience or matchup difficulty? I could see her range being a problem for wario. Work on similar characters (marth, lucario, etc.) to find a way in if you can. Otherwise, you've got other characters you can use :p

Jayo--I haven't seen you in forever :( I wouldn't try to grab a fox unless you're baiting him like you did later in the match, since with snake's speed that's gonna be somewhat difficult. Nice final kill and in general your 2nd stock was great in the 2nd round with fox. That fox was terrible hahahaha gj though, I can see the improvements you've made in your play. Good first round against that Olimar. Second round he really liked fsmash and I saw it clash with ftilt, so ftilt might be spammable against grounded olimars (unless they're grab-heavy).

Good job everyone, I look forward to the next time I'm able to play with you all.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Sup guys I need to play with you all again sometime lol.

You guys are better than me at the game and therefore probably theory, but just in case it helps some people here are some comments on those videos:

GIMR--You seemed to fall into patterns with your Falco and got fairly predictable, then got baited near the end of your match. If you plan on sticking with Falco as a possible tourney character I'd try to get out of that habit, though that's easier said than done. You have a great handle on Falco, just bad strategy it seems like. You played with wherever the match was being led, you weren't ever trying to take control of it again. Risking a bit of health to put the ball back in the opponent's court can be worth it, but when you did you kept with your offense and lost too much percentage from trying to attack. Also remember that no matter how good the player is at using moves with very few or no openings, their reaction is still human and you'll be able to trick them into situations where they won't be able to guess what you'll do.
Yup, I tried to U-smash way to much, even though it's punishable. I also played to aggressive at parts. It's not my Falco at it's best, but all the points you made were still correct.

$TYL

Smash Rookie
Yup, I tried to U-smash way to much, even though it's punishable. I also played to aggressive at parts. It's not my Falco at it's best, but all the points you made were still correct.
Yeah I'm sure you can play Falco better, maybe you were just out of it that day or maybe you're bad at grabbing hold of the lead again, I'm not sure. Regardless, your Falco has the potential to be good from what I saw in the video so good stuff regardless :)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Hope you can still make it. Why'd you pick up Gaylimar? lol
sometimes i get tired of being gayed out of matches so i want a character i can do the same with. plus I decided to learn like a whole bunch of characters since i've basically mastered sonic. that and I like combos... :dizzy:

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Slik--Good stuff against mario. For the zelda matchup was falling into her tilts and smashes inexperience or matchup difficulty? I could see her range being a problem for wario. Work on similar characters (marth, lucario, etc.) to find a way in if you can. Otherwise, you've got other characters you can use :p
Nah, I was just sandbagging a lot. I had just 3 stocked him and he looked demoralized

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
God I Rock Mom,

lol because thats the only one you played on that tv
Nah, I mean your guys matches are against scrubs. ( I don't like sounding like a jerk :( ]

Yeah I'm sure you can play Falco better, maybe you were just out of it that day or maybe you're bad at grabbing hold of the lead again, I'm not sure. Regardless, your Falco has the potential to be good from what I saw in the video so good stuff regardless :)
thanks

Whoa are you by the way?

$TYL

Smash Rookie
Oh this is Gabe. I've seen you twice, once when Brian didn't have his power cord and the other time was at Lobos' place I think.

Lol slik I figured you didn't give anyone mercy haha. But yeah that was a sick match against that mario.

Top Bottom