• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs is G tier OFFICIAL TIER LIST v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinoH

Smash Lord
SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

Discuss

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
We already have a thread similar to this. You have seen it. Please post that post there instead.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Just more reason for us Jiggz players to try and place more in tourneys and develop her already improving metagame even more...

Ah well, I'm not too concerned. My 'Dorf is still right behind her. :bee:

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Just more reason for us Jiggz players to try and place more in tourneys and develop her already improving metagame even more...

Ah well, I'm not too concerned. My 'Dorf is still right behind her. :bee:
No but this tier list is very very poorly done. Very poorly done. It was done as a popularity contest and it is the worst, absolute worst tier list I have ever seen. The SBR should be ashamed.

Metatitan

Smash Master
They really should. They did a thing where the SBR gave a character a certain amount of points out of 15 and did the average so of course its a popularity contest wtf are we doing letting **** like this happen?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
They really should. They did a thing where the SBR gave a character a certain amount of points out of 15 and did the average so of course its a popularity contest wtf are we doing letting **** like this happen?
It was based on voting. And the number of votes a character got gave it its rating. Very very stupid.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
They should go back to doing it based on matchups. Average them up. Change the matchup list along with the tiers. Ratings? The high tiers are probobly flaming this as well.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
No but this tier list is very very poorly done. Very poorly done. It was done as a popularity contest and it is the worst, absolute worst tier list I have ever seen. The SBR should be ashamed.
Oh yeah, most definitely. I just didn't want anyone to start flaming me for doubting the supreme authority of the SBR. The last thing ANYONE would like to see is some n00b questioning anything other than what will be accepted as the supreme and unforgiving truth.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
How is this not the exact same thread and subject matter as the other?
so the tier list might be slightly different, but the point remains the same, right?

Well here's what I think the tier list should be:

SS Tier
Meta Knight (9,001)

S Tier
Snake

A Tier
Pit
Marth
King Dedede
Falco
Pikachu

B Tier
R.O.B.
Lucario
Olimar
Toon Link
Jigglypuff

C Tier
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus

D Tier
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Peach
Luigi
Zelda

E Tier
Captain Falcon
Fox
Sheik
Mario
Samus

F Tier
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi
Bowser
Ganondorf

G Tier
Ike
Donkey Kong
Lucas
Ness
Link

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
This is how SBR got those numbers:

Why did they change it like this? The old one was fine.

rinoH

Smash Lord
How is this not the exact same thread and subject matter as the other?
so the tier list might be slightly different, but the point remains the same, right?

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Pit
Marth
King Dedede
Falco
Pikachu

B Tier
R.O.B.
Lucario
Olimar
Toon Link
Jigglypuff

C Tier
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus

D Tier
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Peach
Luigi
Zelda

E Tier
Captain Falcon
Fox
Sheik
Mario
Samus

F Tier
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi
Bowser
Ganondorf

G Tier
Ike
Donkey Kong
Lucas
Ness
Link
lol jiggs in B tier:laugh:

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, most definitely. I just didn't want anyone to start flaming me for doubting the supreme authority of the SBR. The last thing ANYONE would like to see is some n00b questioning anything other than what will be accepted as the supreme and unforgiving truth.
Nice sarcasm. But I'm gonna try to talk to some people. This is pretty stupid.

Veril

Frame Savant
Let's not get bogged down in tier discussion. The list changes nothing. The SBR don't play Jiggs and probably haven't played against (good) Jiggs. Jiggs 2.0 is still a little baby. They just don't know what crazy stuff Jiggs can do yet.

Stick to the task at hand people. Play Jiggs, train, improve, research, rest. Get a good secondary but don't use them as a crutch. Exploit the ignorance!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Let's not get bogged down in tier discussion. The list changes nothing. The SBR don't play Jiggs and probably haven't played against (good) Jiggs. Jiggs 2.0 is still a little baby. They just don't know what crazy stuff Jiggs can do yet.

Stick to the task at hand people. Play Jiggs, train, improve, research, rest. Get a good secondary but don't use them as a crutch. Exploit the ignorance!
Our boards need someone in the SBR. Seriously, even though the SBR is normally very intelligent, I'm not sure if they know what they are doing here. Jiggs as worse than LINK. Thats just wrong. Insanely wrong.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've just seen it. Why did she drop? If only we had access to the SBR to at least see their train of thought.

Also... it was based off a votes system =( so most likely jiggs wasn't voted because no one considered her due to past misconceptions, despite her metagame evolving well.

I don't really agree with it. Why Falco is third is beyond me :?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I've just seen it. Why did she drop? If only we had access to the SBR to at least see their train of thought.

Also... it was based off a votes system =( so most likely jiggs wasn't voted because no one considered her due to past misconceptions, despite her metagame evolving well.

I don't really agree with it. Why Falco is third is beyond me :?
Falco is fairly good on MK and stuff and many other high tiers but he has major issues with Marth. He shouldn't be that high. And she dropped because of the format when she should have risen a fair amount. Same with Yoshi. Its not a good list.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
Well tbh are any of ye actually doing well in tournaments with the SBR in it?

Its all about results.Maybe ye should try convince ninjalink to use him :)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Well tbh are any of ye actually doing well in tournaments with the SBR in it?

Its all about results.Maybe ye should try convince ninjalink to use him :)
I'm going to larger tournaments very soon. I havent been in big ones until now but we should be getting me, Thinkaman, Bowyer, Jiggles, PND, Jiggernaut, Meow and a few others to do well. Woody doesnt count, he'll lose immediately at nationals almost guaranteed.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
lol poor woody.
I'm hoping to go to a tournament If I could find one.

MrEh

Smash Hero

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Pit
Marth
King Dedede
Falco
Pikachu

B Tier
R.O.B.
Lucario
Olimar
Toon Link
Jigglypuff

C Tier
Kirby
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus

D Tier
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Peach
Luigi
Zelda

E Tier
Captain Falcon
Fox
Sheik
Mario
Samus

F Tier
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi
Bowser
Ganondorf

G Tier
Ike
Donkey Kong
Lucas
Ness
Link
You've got to be kidding. You think Pit's that high? That piece of crap deserves to be sent to bottom tier.

Going on to the real tier list, Bowser went down. YEAH!!! ALRIGHT!!! WHOOO!!!

Jiggs probably didn't go up because she hasn't been placing well, or the Back Room just doesn't respect her. All the new metagame advancements for Jiggs will probably take time for more players to find them applicable. Until that time, I say we remain patient.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to larger tournaments very soon. I havent been in big ones until now but we should be getting me, Thinkaman, Bowyer, Jiggles, PND, Jiggernaut, Meow and a few others to do well. Woody doesnt count, he'll lose immediately at nationals almost guaranteed.
Well goodluck.I respect you, you got serious dedication to improving jigglypuff right through out the smash community(tried to get cornia banned,etc.)

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Pit's crazy good, I hate him too(every button is spam), but I was trying to be reasonable.

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
haha, i dont know why people are upset, its not like releasing a tier list physically makes the character worse.

in fact, it could even make it better to play jiggs:

having an underestimated character that no one has much competitive experience against - awesome

if you win, youve got more gloating power; if you lose, you have a good excuse :bee: - awesome

tier lists dont know about interrupt rests obv

Veril

Frame Savant
I'm going to larger tournaments very soon. I havent been in big ones until now but we should be getting me, Thinkaman, Bowyer, Jiggles, PND, Jiggernaut, Meow and maybe Veril someday hopefully to do well. Woody doesnt count, he'll lose immediately at nationals almost guaranteed.
Woody takes so much abuse. Give the kid (?) a break :(

I'm gonna be breaking out of my little scene soon. I've outgrown it lol. Maybe I'll be notable someday "dreams big dreams". I guess I have to start somewhere and local tourney doesn't count for much. I don't think I'm that great, or even good, but I like to think I have some potential. At least I'll get to show off some new tricks :)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
haha, i dont know why people are upset, its not like releasing a tier list physically makes the character worse.

in fact, it could even make it better to play jiggs:

having an underestimated character that no one has much competitive experience against - awesome

if you win, youve got more gloating power; if you lose, you have a good excuse :bee: - awesome

tier lists dont know about interrupt rests obv
But theres 1 major issue. New users ignore lower tier characters. New users can be very good, like Clouderz who didn't play melee because he was too young (he's 13, 6 when melee came out). Notice how he went immediately to a top tier, most new users do so. They ignore bottom. So I would like her to get more respect to get more new users.

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
But theres 1 major issue. New users ignore lower tier characters. New users can be very good, like Clouderz who didn't play melee because he was too young (he's 13, 6 when melee came out). Notice how he went immediately to a top tier, most new users do so. They ignore bottom. So I would like her to get more respect to get more new users.
yea i agree, that's definitely a big issue. our metagame will advance slower unless the current community just steps it up like we have been. once we get all the mechanics with jiggs down the only thing left is actually showing it off in tournies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom