• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Tournament Strategy and Tips

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

vs Snake 40:60
Good news everyone! The institute wrote back, and the scientists were able to identify the precise point at which this thread became completely wrong!

The funny thing is, Snake vs. Jiggs would be about 40:60 if he didn't have u-tilt. (Which happesn to be perhaps the best single anti-Jigglypuff move in the game...) Sad thing is, he does. At least we are immune to wargasm...?

Miles.

Smash Champion
Good news everyone! The institute wrote back, and the scientists were able to identify the precise point at which this thread became completely wrong!

The funny thing is, Snake vs. Jiggs would be about 40:60 if he didn't have u-tilt. (Which happesn to be perhaps the best single anti-Jigglypuff move in the game...) Sad thing is, he does. At least we are immune to wargasm...?
get called out vanz, oh dayuuum

g-regulate

Smash Hero
VANZ play me online noob, seriously. my aim is GregLowrey. id also love to watch your vid and share some of mine on my wii.

and i also love the snake matchup, albeit hard. i find that his jab-grab ***** jiggs approaches, so you just have to be super campy and tricky. i like working with the nades cause im a snake player too so it comes easier for me. gimping people off the edge is so fun!

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord

u need to stop rolling behind your opponents thinkaman because ive never had problems with up-tilt
40-60 seems decent enough

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
and i also love the snake matchup, albeit hard. i find that his jab-grab ***** jiggs approaches, so you just have to be super campy and tricky. i like working with the nades cause im a snake player too so it comes easier for me. gimping people off the edge is so fun!
This. Snake isn't an easy matchup at all, but it might be the single most fun to play. I absolutely love playing against Snake.

u need to stop rolling behind your opponents thinkaman because ive never had problems with up-tilt
40-60 seems decent enough
Lol, I don't usually get u-tilted out of ROLLS... u-tilt is usually a problem because it's one of the only things with enough range to hit me when I'm trying to approach from the air.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
This. Snake isn't an easy matchup at all, but it might be the single most fun to play. I absolutely love playing against Snake.

Lol, I don't usually get u-tilted out of ROLLS... u-tilt is usually a problem because it's one of the only things with enough range to hit me when I'm trying to approach from the air.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYdfiG-OKFA

i don't know whats more funny, rolling along bf platforms or attempting to hit olimar with rollout. funny ****

Miles.

Smash Champion
Could Thinkaman , G-reg, or Vanz critic my vid VS DSF?

I know I am not the best Jiggly but I think I am definately pretty legit when I am on my game.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'm not gonna list any opinions, just some facts:
1. Vanz is easily the best jigglypuff
2. Thinkaman is condescending and sarcastic (but despite being rude he's funny)
3. Woody posted an old doubles footage of Thinkaman in doubles as an attempt to prove him as a bad jigglypuff despite that the footage had no relevance to snake :D
4. Woody could have looked at Thinkaman vs AA to see him lose vs a bad gw (although it may have just been a bad day, I can't completely judge off of one set despite how poorly played it was).
5. Snake ***** jiggs pretty hard at high levels of play (LOL @ jiggs and high levels of play in the same sentence) :D
6. Thinkaman ONLY has doubles footage on youtube
7. Vanz has several pieces of footage to show how good he is
8. The spam in here is funny :D

Any thoughts people?

Cia

das kwl
VANZ play me online noob, seriously. my aim is GregLowrey. id also love to watch your vid and share some of mine on my wii.

I don't think they're going to upload my vids seeing as how I'm not M2K or Ally. So I lost a good chunk of footage which means the final video won't be ready for some time. But I'm going to upload what i have so far and I want your opinion on what you think i should should and shouldn't keep. I still haven't chosen a song either, but i'm going to put something on it for now.

You did pretty well this match. When fighting snake, i try to remain grounded as much as possible. Grabs should be your main damage builder. When close to the center of the stage, use up throw to put him the air. FOLLOW HIM! and try to remain grounded. if he uses that momentum shift thing, then Fair or bair. Use Bthrow/Fthrow to get Snake off the stage if you're close enough. That's when you're going to get a nice chunk of percent (and possibly the kill).

Also, when snake is doing that grenade walk thing, chances are he wants to grab you. So just bait and punish with retreating Fair. you won't hit the grenade, and it gets you out safely.

Miles.

Smash Champion

I don't think they're going to upload my vids seeing as how I'm not M2K or Ally. So I lost a good chunk of footage which means the final video won't be ready for some time. But I'm going to upload what i have so far and I want your opinion on what you think i should should and shouldn't keep. I still haven't chosen a song either, but i'm going to put something on it for now.

You did pretty well this match. When fighting snake, i try to remain grounded as much as possible. Grabs should be your main damage builder. When close to the center of the stage, use up throw to put him the air. FOLLOW HIM! and try to remain grounded. if he uses that momentum shift thing, then Fair or bair. Use Bthrow/Fthrow to get Snake off the stage if you're close enough. That's when you're going to get a nice chunk of percent (and possibly the kill).

Also, when snake is doing that grenade walk thing, chances are he wants to grab you. So just bait and punish with retreating Fair. you won't hit the grenade, and it gets you out safely.

Hey Vanz thanks a lot for the tips, but as Jiggs I try to not be on the ground as much as possible. Ill try it out.

And Ill give your vid a watch right now.

Cia

das kwl
^ that's fine. different people have different styles and some people are more comfortable in the air. Also i forgot to mention that a good counterpick (if necessary) might be enough to build up your momentum against snake.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
the thing that sucks about a jiggs combo video is that you watch it and you are like "wow thats cool", until you realize that playing metaknight and having a brain pretty much guarantees you a win vs any jiggs, therefore making all the combos on falco/snake/ganon/falcon/etc. useless and less cool

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I might start MMing people with jiggs soon. Hopefully I'll get some vids up.

Anyone know how you're supposed to approach Falco? I end up using aerials in his blindspot just above his jab, but the lasers always get me and I gotta fall back. >.> Falco's nair covers this spot, but at least feint aerials can prod him into jumping up to somewhat expose himself. That's the best I've come up with...

And I can't seem to do anything to his shield except tipped bairs or I'll get jabbed, upsmashed, or baired out of shield. It's not fun.

Been working on a f-air late hit into rest.

Thoughts?
The opponent just has to jab or shield after the fair to avoid it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
In that case... I don't think so.

You can, however, use a late hit fair and use a rest on them as they land- that is, if they don't DI away and/or they don't fall too fast. >.>

edit: Is it just my computer or did all the font suddenly get bigger?

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Against Falco I tend to play the edge of the level. They know we suck and they are soo raaaape of a character, that most Falco's I have played dont even camp my Jigs but just go all out.

In which case when you play the edge of the level, one backthrow into some Aerials is serious business.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's assume they have a brain, please. Or rather, no heart. :urg:

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
In that Case I find a level with multiple platforms helps vs Falco. Like BF or Brinstar.

Then you can either approach from above or underneath him.

IMO Jigs is really good under Falco, most Falco's are Dair happy, bait and punish.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
MINDGAME: Go off the stage and face the direction of the recovering opponent and charge Rollout, or crouch and bait their approach with Rest. Hitbox for rest is still one jiggly, while jiggz has half of her being hittable. Also walk away while Fsmashing them if they try to follow you.

I had many a cautious people do nothing because they didn't want to fall into it.

MINDGAME #2: Fastfall off the ledge and SH to Pound. Covers quite a distance. Anyone close to the edge may get caught in it. Mix it up with Drill.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I recently took a month and a half/two month break from brawl to focus on melee.

When I came back m Puff was much better.

Idk, Puff is really good at not getting hit and baiting and punishing.
I think its just that my reading and baiting have gotten better from Melee.

Cia

das kwl
Yeah, I seriously like your posts. I think that's why I like puff so much as well. I'm primarily a melee player and a large majority of my Puff strategy is applying what I learn from Melee.

:D

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Like I know they are two different games, but every time I play melee (As Puff) for a while or watch Mango's Puff vids.

I just gain such confindence/hope for Puff.

Like I am not by any means saying she isnt outclassed.

But she ***** offlevel period. WOP is always good. Rest is always going to be sex.

And **** like repeatedly UpAiring people after good reads, will always be the business.

If anything, I get a sick satisfaction from winning with what is now considered one of the worst characters in the game.

Like in melee when you Upair > Rest or Upthrow > rest. (<--both obviously when they forget to DI or you can still rest them on imperfect DI)

When ever that happens you just look at your opponent and smile, Puff is **** in melee, rest is **** in melee, it happens you get rested, you get gimpep by Puff.

But in brawl low percent gimps/KOs dont happen as often.

And that is why I really enjoy Puff.

I mean Falco, Snake, DDD, Marth, Diddy, Wario, and even in a few situations MK are all our *****es offlevel.

And the percents that we can kill some of them with rest are absurd.

Killing Snake clean at 108-110% is ****.

Especially when you see Ally vs MK and Ally lives to over 200%.

The thing I have been trying to observe and keep track of as of late, is at what percent on each character that you can legitly WOP them. I think its in the 50%-70% range.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Please don't bump old threads unless it's for a good reason.

As for the fact that nobody posts here, perhaps coming up with possible solutions (this thread or the social are the proper places for that) would be better than simply complaining about it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
All right..... well now it's not stickied and locked.

Still listed in the directory, though, for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Mr. Jiggles

Smash Rookie
I just read this entire fraeking thread. great stuff. amazing stuff. so I say we keep it going. I'm fairly new to posting on here but I've read tons of things on here and I have been playing since the old Nintendo 64 days. So lets keep this thread alive. It has been some time since the last post and but I was wondering if anyone has made any significant gains playing Jiggly. Any strong placings in tournaments? Has anyone gone pretty far in national tournaments using her. Or are these Jigglypuff threads ghost towns basically.

Top Bottom