• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
According to the leak every character has 8 costumes. Jigglypuff hat ideas anyone? I just want the bandana back honestly.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Now will people finally accept she's a series staple?
I mean seriously, dear god, there shouldn't have been any doubt in Brawl.
B-b-but she's not relevant...

But seriously I don't think anyone really thought she was going to be cut, the vocal 40% who don't want her only say she's being replaced because they want to believe it.

O12 POWAH!

According to the leak every character has 8 costumes. Jigglypuff hat ideas anyone? I just want the bandana back honestly.
She needs a blonde wig with red streaks.

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Now will people finally accept she's a series staple?
I mean seriously, dear god, there shouldn't have been any doubt in Brawl.
Unfortunately, there are still lots of deluded people out there who think a character's relevancy is enough to get into Smash, people will argue Jigglypuff was only included in this Smash because she was somewhat relevant again because of her fairy retyping and she will not be in Smash 5 and be replaced by another more "relevant" "deserving" Pokemon and then they will be promptly proven wrong when she makes it into the game yet again and they will still make up more excuses as to why Jigglypuff has made it into Smash for the fifth time, Jigglypuff haters will always exist unfortunately, but I laugh in their faces because at the end of the day, Jigglypuff is as much a Smash Bros staple as she is a Pokemon character and no amount of butthurt denial is going to change that.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Unfortunately, there are still lots of deluded people out there who think a character's relevancy is enough to get into Smash, people will argue Jigglypuff was only included in this Smash because she was somewhat relevant again because of her fairy retyping and she will not be in Smash 5 and be replaced by another more "relevant" "deserving" Pokemon and then they will be promptly proven wrong when she makes it into the game yet again and they will still make up more excuses as to why Jigglypuff has made it into Smash for the fifth time, Jigglypuff haters will always exist unfortunately, but I laugh in their faces because at the end of the day, Jigglypuff is as much a Smash Bros staple as she is a Pokemon character and no amount of butthurt denial is going to change that.
My favourite part is the hindsight bias especially when detractors still argued her Fairy-Type upgrade wasn't enough to deem her relevant before they will inevitably do an 180 on their opinion.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
At this point the only way Jigglypuff will ever be cut is if Smash 5 pulls a Marvel vs Capcom 3 and makes the cast entirely new characters, that or they make an arcade version of the game where they only include a few characters instead of alot.

johno1995

Smash Cadet
Crown from Melee
Green Headband from Melee
Leaf's Hat from Brawl
Sun Hat from Brawl
Sleeping Cap from Brawl
Chullo Hat
May's Bandana
Polkadot Bow

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
At this point, Jigglypuff is identified by the majority as a female pokemon entirely. So every costume / palette / swap should be an accessory that's feminine from the pokemon anime & the games. I'm gonna get a bit creative:

• A ribbon or bow of any hue for Smash 64 reference.
  • Either the same white hat from Brawl, or a white hat with the pink pokeball pattern either in the middle or on a side resembling the female hero trainer's hat in the FRLG games.
  • Instead of Peach's crown design from Melee returning, it could be the King's Rock item from the pkmn games still appearing like a crown polished smooth & feminine to not look lackluster & rugged that still captures the image of a beautiful crown.
  • A new costume mix of headphones and / or a microphone for the singing aspect of Jigglypuff along with, or a huge microphone piece resembling the end of her sharpie microphone from the anime. Old pkmn fans would be happy to choose an nostalgia costume.
  • Retain a costume swap of Shiny Jigglypuff with the green eyes & some sort of blue within the costume like the hat from Brawl resembling what Bug Catchers & Lady trainers wear.
  • A flower on whichever side it will display, similar to the one in Melee / Brawl.
  • Have a costume that has a strong resemblance to Wigglytuff, with the white oval pattern cover her entire stomach passing Jigglypuff's mouth / chin, making her ears just a tad more pointed, longer, & narrow with her tuft of fur flared up to match.
  • A new costume to capture the Fairy aspect of Jigglypuff represented through fairy wings like Project M's costume.

Last edited:

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Green headband is a must. And not that it has relevance to anything, but I think she'd look adorable in a musketeer-like hat. Maybe also a top hat.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Well, Shulk announced and the render matches up with the leak.

Anyways, I hope Jiggs is one of the easiest characters to unlock.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Welp, Shulk's in with corresponding renders, good news for the Puff (and Ness, yay). Not really a surprise, but it'll stop the nay-sayers at least... people saying that Jigglypuff and Ness will be cut make my eyes roll.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Welp, my main is more or less confirmed! I'm ecstatic! :grin:
Can't say I was too incredibly concerned about her getting cut, but at least we don't have to hear (as much) from the Jiggs haters and detractors anymore.

There's definitely a lot of room for speculation, I really hope she's not as.. sub-par as her Brawl iteration this time around. In regards to the eight alternate colors/costumes the leak mentioned, here's some of my ideas:

• Shiny (this would be the one "true" alternate costume, perhaps there could be a sparkly effect in addition to the shiny palette)
  • Sylveon-styled Ribbons w/ Bowtie (a shoutout to her Fairy type!)
  • May's Bandana (OR AS reference)
  • Green Headband
  • Crown
  • Sleeping Cap (recolored darkish blue to differentiate it from the headband)
  • Straw Hat
  • Red Flower

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Alright naysayers, now that Jigglypuff is in 4 Smash games I'm pretty sure she'll never go anywhere as long as Sakurai is in charge.

I just hope I can use her again. Buff Rest and make her the aerial beast that she was back in the day.

As for hats, I personally liked her blue palette's hat from Brawl and I wouldn't mind seeing it back. The bowtie would also be nice. Solid Jiggs would be lovely but besides those three I wouldn't mind a complete overhaul and to see new ones.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Blue summer hat, green headband and the sleep cap should be back. Best alts.

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
I already mentioned this in a Peach thread, but Peach is keeping her Final Smash :(. So it looks like Jigglypuff won't be putting people to sleep in hers, most likely. I think we'll be seeing Puff Up again, but I really hope not.

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I have a good feeling about her being improved, I mean, her render has changed to reflect her X/Y appearance, something Sakurai hasn't done since she was in the first game, she no longer has her mouth open at all times, hopefully that means she's getting a moveset improvement or at least a buff, but even if she doesn't I honestly don't mind, I'm just glad she's back!

EDIT: she's probably getting Puff Up as a Final Smash again but I'm probably in the minority by saying I actually do like Puff Up as a Final Smash, it actually does KO people unlike Peach's

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm glad to see her render change haha.

And it's not that I don't like Puff Up. It's hilarious to see everyone on screen try to run away while Jigglypuff keeps getting bigger and bigger. There's just so much more they could do with her FS. Same goes for Peach.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I like Puff Up, it's a nice play on her being a balloon Pokemon.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
speaking of which it'd be cool to get Giga Jigglypuff back. I wonder if they'd let a glitch like that slide again when it was found so fast in Brawl's release.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I like Puff Up, it's a nice play on her being a balloon Pokemon.
That is the sole reason I remain indifferent to it. I feel like Jigg's normal aerial jumping alludes to that already. Plus, she's got the deflation taunt.

I kinda wish Puff got at least one new move, though. She's got such a massive move pool in XY that they are certainly not short on possible inspiration, but it comes down to Sakurai's willingness to allow her to change. We've seen that, so far, most of the vets have gotten at least one new move, so we'll see.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
That is the sole reason I remain indifferent to it. I feel like Jigg's normal aerial jumping alludes to that already. Plus, she's got the deflation taunt.

I kinda wish Puff got at least one new move, though. She's got such a massive move pool in XY that they are certainly not short on possible inspiration, but it comes down to Sakurai's willingness to allow her to change. We've seen that, so far, most of the vets have gotten at least one new move, so we'll see.
Doubt it, they'll be in her custom moveset though. I-m absolutely sure of it, especially after Falcondorf stayed exactly the same from what we saw in the video.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The Puff-up FS from Brawl seemed fitting because she is a Balloon Pokemon. But that FS not only was ridiculous in terms of that large inflation without any actual animations of a Balloon pokemon inflating (where's the puffed up cheeks, where's the struggling face to keep herself inflated THAT BIG?) but was also lacking to me. Getting big becoming titanic in size then growing small did not really emphasize so much on a balloon aspect, rather it just simply "get big son, get little son". No deflating similar to her taunt in Brawl, no puffing up like her jumps, not similar in the sense. If it returns I'd like some visual facial changes to express the difficulty of inflating that big to impress me, like they have been with characters like Lucario & Dedede for the face expressions.

So in case she does get a new FS, I'm cool with that. Peach's FS is un-confirmed so we could see Jigglypuff take her FS with her own spice of visuals to show her sing the stage for whoever is facing Jiggly or is standing on ground.

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
The Puff-up FS from Brawl seemed fitting because she is a Balloon Pokemon. But that FS not only was ridiculous in terms of that large inflation without any actual animations of a Balloon pokemon inflating (where's the puffed up cheeks, where's the struggling face to keep herself inflated THAT BIG?) but was also lacking to me. Getting big becoming titanic in size then growing small did not really emphasize so much on a balloon aspect, rather it just simply "get big son, get little son". No deflating similar to her taunt in Brawl, no puffing up like her jumps, not similar in the sense. If it returns I'd like some visual facial changes to express the difficulty of inflating that big to impress me, like they have been with characters like Lucario & Dedede for the face expressions.

So in case she does get a new FS, I'm cool with that. Peach's FS is un-confirmed so we could see Jigglypuff take her FS with her own spice of visuals to show her sing the stage for whoever is facing Jiggly or is standing on ground.

It's around :21, bottom left screen, Peach's final smash can be seen :(.
If they added visuals to her face, I would probably be much happier with Puff Up. I hope they do make her more expressive in general!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

It's around :21, bottom left screen, Peach's final smash can be seen :(.
If they added visuals to her face, I would probably be much happier with Puff Up. I hope they do make her more expressive in general!
Oh damn. Technically it doesn't show what it does to the players. (I'm grasping straws now if you can't tell:p.)

But yeah, I wanna see what her returning FS does to the players until then. Thanks for Showing~ btw.

Reginleif

Smash Ace

It's Jiggy Jiggs!
Uh!
What you got?
Smart money bettin'
I'll be better off without you
In no time
I'll be forgettin' all about you
You saying that you know
But I really really doubt you
Understand my life is easy
When I ain't around you
Jiggy Jiggy
To biggie to be here stressin'
I'm thinkin' I love the thought of you
More than I love your presence
And the best thing now
Is probably for you to exit
I let you go
Let you back
I finally learned my lesson!
No half-stepping
Either you want it or you just playin'
I'm listening to you knowin'
I can't believe what you're sayin'
There's a million you's baby boo
So don't be dumb
I got 99 problems
But you won't be one

Like what! :039:

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Doubt it, they'll be in her custom moveset though. I-m absolutely sure of it, especially after Falcondorf stayed exactly the same from what we saw in the video.
Nothing is for certain.

For sure kept the same moves:
Mario
Pikachu
Marth
Luigi
Toon Link
Fox

For sure has at least one new move:
Samus
Bowser
Yoshi
Link
Zelda
Shiek
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby (kinda)
Donkey Kong

This is off the top of my head. Seems like a decent shot at getting at least one new move.

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Of course, it's just them asking WHY is she back. No one liked her in Brawl. No one liked her in general. Why is she in Smash in the first place when there are better Gen 1 choices(like Meowth)? She's cannon fodder. She's ridiculous. She's... a thing. And they hate her for that.

As for me, if she sucks as much as she did in Brawl(and if they still kept her "she fainted" taunt animation and not give her an angry look), then I'd rather not have her back.

But tell me. why SHOULD the original 12 ALL come back anyway?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Pretty sure that Jiggs was the second-most popular Pokemon over in Japan at the time of her inclusion.

Regardless, meh, if detractors are going to continually be bothered by her inclusion, then by all means...meh. Stuff happens. There is nothing they can do about but complain and it certainly won't do anything to change her inclusion in this installment. They are powerless and all their hate and complaints meant nothing in the end. The fact that Sakurai ended up including her in this game says a lot about how much these people's opinions matter to him (read: absolutely nothing).

Long story short, it's party time for me as Jiggs is back in action.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Of course, it's just them asking WHY is she back. No one liked her in Brawl. No one liked her in general. Why is she in smash in the first place when there are better Gen 1 choices(like Meowth). She's cannon fodder. She's ridiculous. She's... a thing. And they hate her for that.

As for me, if she sucks as much as she did in Brawl(and if they still kept her "she fainted" taunt animation and not give her an angry look), they I rather not have her back.

Nobody liked her in Brawl? Do you know I main Jigglypuff in every single game, and already plan to main her in Smash 4? Hell, shes even my favorite pokemon in general. Saying she doesn't have a fanbase is plain ridiculous.

Shes an incredibly awesome and lethal joke character that can kick butt and is just plain awesome in every regard. I never even liked any other pokemon besides Jigglypuff until Gen 5 came around. You also can't deny that her moveset has become iconic in the same way that Ness and Captain Falcon's have. Nobody can forget moves like PK Thunder, Falcon Punch, and Rest.

^ and thats why he kept Jigglypuff, because he cares about the people who are not as vocal, not as visible. If he always listened to the louder fans we would have Meowth, Mewtwo, Ridley, ect. In other words, he CARES about each character in the game and understand it has a fanbase that loves them. Anybody that he cut from Smash 4 was only because he HAD TO. I don't care what anyone says, I love this man because he pays attention to everybody, not just whos the loudest.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Nobody liked her in Brawl? Do you know I main Jigglypuff in every single game, and already plan to main her in Smash 4? Hell, shes even my favorite pokemon in general. Saying she doesn't have a fanbase is plain ridiculous.

Shes an incredibly awesome and lethal joke character that can kick butt and is just plain awesome in every regard. I never even liked any other pokemon besides Jigglypuff until Gen 5 came around. You also can deny that her moveset has become iconic in the same way that Ness and Captain Falcon's have. Nobody can forget moves like PK Thunder, Falcon Punch, and Rest.

^ and thats why he kept Jigglypuff, because he cares about the people who are not as vocal, not as visible. If he always listened to the louder fans we would have Meowth, Mewtwo, Ridley, ect. In other words, he CARES about each character in the game and understand it has a fanbase that loves them. Anybody that he cut from Smash 4 was only because he HAD TO. I don't care what anyone says, I love this man because he pays attention to everybody, not just whos the loudest.
Well said Jigglymaster! Back on costume notes, anyone remember this?

johno1995

Smash Cadet
Of course, it's just them asking WHY is she back. No one liked her in Brawl. No one liked her in general. Why is she in smash in the first place when there are better Gen 1 choices(like Meowth). She's cannon fodder. She's ridiculous. She's... a thing. And they hate her for that.

As for me, if she sucks as much as she did in Brawl(and if they still kept her "she fainted" taunt animation and not give her an angry look), they I rather not have her back.

I think it's incredibly selfish when people actively seek to remove a character, regardless of the character's "relevancy" or "competitive viability".

Ive used Jigglypuff in every smash game. As a kid, the anime made me a fan of her character and her inclusion in Smash made me love her even more. It wouldn't be fair at this point to remove any of the original 12, especially since they have had chances before - especially with Ness and Jiggs. Each of them are unique with their own styles of play. It's been four games and I intend to keep playing as Jigglypuff as long as she's available.

I never played as Mewtwo or Lucas but I never actively seeked for their removal. It's a bummer when any character is removed because they all have fans and I empathize because know it would be devastating to see Jiggly cut. I wouldn't want to wish that on anybody.

Even if shes terrible like she was in Brawl, I'm still gonna use her because I'm a fan of her character.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Absolutely! That's the Legendary Giant Jiggglypuff AKA Bigglypuff. It was so god-like. Though I don't think I'd really like that specifically as a costume nor do I think it will actually become a costume. I liked it mostly because she had a really deep voice and acted like a god.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice

Never forget your roots. Smash 64 was a success thanks to the 12 characters, gameplay, stages and etc. So I think something as distinct as a character removal should be considered a big deal. I believe this for any of those 12. I hate using Ness and Yoshi but I would be disappointed if they weren't a part of any of the games sequels. Basically, smash bros shouldn't leave out anything that helped make their original game successful.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Pretty sure that Jiggs was the second-most popular Pokemon over in Japan at the time of her inclusion.

Regardless, meh, if detractors are going to continually be bothered by her inclusion, then by all means...meh. Stuff happens. There is nothing they can do about but complain and it certainly won't do anything to change her inclusion in this installment. They are powerless and all their hate and complaints meant nothing in the end. The fact that Sakurai ended up including her in this game says a lot about how much these people's opinions matter to him (read: absolutely nothing).

Long story short, it's party time for me as Jiggs is back in action.
They can riot and form an angry mob.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
They can riot and form an angry mob.
Inb4 people forget to take this as a joke.

But in all seriousness, this is the Jigglypuff topic OF COURSE you're going to find the Jiggypuff fanbase in here, saying things like everybody hates Jigglypuff isn't generally a good idea whether you're joking or not. It'd be really nice if we could be left alone to enjoy our character like every other character in the game, and again, my apologies for anyone who had their character cut. Granted there are some characters I don't like, but thats just natural, I'm not going to go in and rub it in their faces though if they get cut. I for one, know that a LOT of people would do that if Jigglypuff was cut, but since shes in all of you are still complaining about how she shouldn't be in the game. But you know what? She is. So please, just stop, go somewhere else to complain about Jigglypuff if you dont like her.

Top Bottom