• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Shields are apparently very weak in this new iteration, so if she gets KO'd by her shield again it could mean trouble, maybe.

Random fun fact: Jigglypuff is the only one of the original 12 to still be unlockable in all four Smash games. She can take this honor with pride.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Shields are apparently very weak in this new iteration, so if she gets KO'd by her shield again it could mean trouble, maybe.

Random fun fact: Jigglypuff is the only one of the original 12 to still be unlockable in all four Smash games. She can take this honor with pride.
Oh yeah, good point. Captain Falcon has been a starter twice and Luigi & Ness once.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
If Jiggs will be good again depends on 2 things:
- rest
- smash 4's metagame

In Brawl, Jiggs her moves weren't that bad. It was the game Super Smash Bros. Brawl what really really hurt her. Things like multiple airdodges, more projectile heavy characters, less hitstun and better recovery options were all a huge nerf to Jiggs metagame and what made her an absolute beast. She doesn't exactly need better airials. The only thing that was really bad was rest. But than again; if Brawl had more hitstun rest was way more viable than it was. Sigh...

So I'm really hoping this game is more benificial for her. To be honest, from what I've seen, it's not. But that's just speculation. I really hope Jiggs will adapt to smash 4.

Anyways where my old puff mains at from the old days? @Noobicidal, @GeneralWoodman, @ Jigglymaster Jigglymaster @Mink (I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more)?? :D You guys planning on maining jiggs again?

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I hope she's the first unlock. I have no idea why she's the second to last character to get in Brawl.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Anyways where my old puff mains at from the old days? @Noobicidal, @GeneralWoodman, @ Jigglymaster Jigglymaster @Mink (I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more)?? :D You guys planning on maining jiggs again?
Absolutely, I always have and always will main Jigglypuff as long as its in smash. Hopefully I Jiggs is not terrible this time around so I don't have to double main it alongside a better character like Diddy Kong. Though, I've already promised myself I'd main one of the newcomers as well, or at the very least make them my secondary. But yeah, at this point Jigglypuff is the only character in the game I'm 100% certain I'm going to main. Not even a question.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Absolutely, I always have and always will main Jigglypuff as long as its in smash. Hopefully I Jiggs is not terrible this time around so I don't have to double main it alongside a better character like Diddy Kong. Though, I've already promised myself I'd main one of the newcomers as well, or at the very least make them my secondary. But yeah, at this point Jigglypuff is the only character in the game I'm 100% certain I'm going to main. Not even a question.
Hey man, how have you been? Long time. I'm sure you remember me right.

I will main her again as well but as I said earlier it all depends on smash4's metagame. She wasn't bad in Brawl as a character. It was Brawl itself that made Jiggs horrifible.

I'll go back to g&w as well. For the newcommers I'll definitely use DHD (and Ridley?)

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I've been fine, and of course I remember you, hopefully the whole gang re-groups over here as soon as Jiggs becomes an official character, we're going to have some work to do.

I'm not going to say anything about how good or bad Jigglypuff will be this time due to the fact that I was so terribly wrong in predicting in Brawl thinking she'd have a meteor smash using footstool and that the lack of wavedashing and l-cancelling would help her greatly.

Well, at the very least if custom moves are not banned in tournaments I can assure that Jigglypuff will have a bigger benefit than other characters, due to Sing, Rollout, and Rest being usable again via custom moves. Granted, I don't know what they are, but ANYTHING is better than the current Sing and Rollout, and theres a good chance we could get a stronger custom Rest attack.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I think it would be cool if Pokémon characters had specific Pokéballs when they first enter the stage. I was thinking:
Pikachu: Quickball
Charizard: Greatball
Greninja: Ultraball
Mewtwo: Duskball
Lucario: Nestball
Jigglypuff: Moonball
It would be a small detail, but a nice one.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I think it would be cool if Pokémon characters had specific Pokéballs when they first enter the stage. I was thinking:
I'd say give Pikachu the classic pokeball and Jiggly the heal ball (cause it's cute and pink) I know you were going with the whole moon stone thing but it might suit her more. Other than that yeah that would be pretty cool, especially if it had they all had unique effects as well (dark clouds for the dusk ball opening, hearts for the heal ball opening etc)

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Starter pokemon always start in pokeballs though, so that part would be a bit weird I think. Also Lucario in a nestball, a ball designed for "weaker" pokemon, has implications that most Lucario fans would get pissy over hahaha

Anyone else looking forward to seeing Jigglypuff in jaw-dropping HD graphics in the Wii U version?:grin:
So much, yes. In beautiful 1080puff resolution :3

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The pokeball cameo to be an idea for the pokemon coming out to fight in the Announcer countdown is pretty decent. Azalea Town's Kurt the Pokeball creator would be so happy & proud of Sakurai & Nintendo seeing his different pokeballs as the pokemon's 'summon' concept.:shades:

Jigglypuff's ball appearance-wise would either be:
  • Love Ball
  • Heal Ball
  • Dream Ball
Why all these? Because they're pink or relatively pink-ish.
Jigglypuff's ball concept-wise would either be:
  • Moon Ball = Jigglypuff evolves to Wigglytuff with a Moon Stone.
  • Love Ball = Jigglypuff is 75% female majorly female. Most of the pokemon in the party are male. Though that's subjective to say.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Just think of the 7 different hats she could have. I'm guessing they'll reuse most of the ones from past games and then add in Serena's hat as well like with Pikachu using Calem's. I really want the Kirby headphones for her as well (she's got Kirby's sleep hat anyway) but it might look kinda weird with her ears and all

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Guys, the moment of truth has come, SOMEONE HAS A FINAL COPY OF THE GAME!!!!! Only a matter of time till we see our dear puffball in all her Smash Bros for 3DS glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying of anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
She may be a later unlock, but it's not so bad I guess. A few Classic runs is nothing to an entire story mode.
She looks a lot better than in Brawl too, glad to see my main again.

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
STREAMER DECIDED TO GO PLAY DARK PIT INSTEAD OF SHOWING OFF JIGGLYPUFF! KLAJSKLAJSKLAJSK GO SHOW HER OFF NOW!!!!!!!!!

Burruni

Smash Hero
I legitimately had an argument with a friend this morning over why Jigglypuff should stay.

His argument was that "she was, weak, stupid, and a gimmick." due to notice abuse of Roll Out and the strength of Rest as a high-risk high-reward move.

Meanwhile, he can't wait to use Villager who is without gimmick or things that people will spam.

Top Bottom