• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I really don't get people who want Jigglypuff gone.

She's a totally unique character, and people who say "Jigglypuff is useless" just aren't putting enough time in playing her.
Her Melee hot-bubbles are pretty damn good almost borderline wtf?!, but her Brawl moves / hit-bubbles. . .I'm sorry but half her move-set is useless, thus her unique game-play style isn't as uncommon now with other floaty heavies that can compete with her air-game. This is why BandaiNamco will balance out it all.:039:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Her Melee hot-bubbles are pretty damn good almost borderline wtf?!, but her Brawl moves / hit-bubbles. . .I'm sorry but half her move-set is useless, thus her unique game-play style isn't as uncommon now with other floaty heavies that can compete with her air-game. This is why BandaiNamco will balance out it all.:039:
I hope that means Slightly-faster-Melee-Jigglypuff.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I hope that means Slightly-faster-Melee-Jigglypuff.
This would mean a lot more than just that.
-Better weight balancing, making Purin still one of if not thee lighest character (balloon pokemon duh), but not making her weak as far as her attacks not having kill power, she fits the role of glass cannon 100%.
-Glass Cannon said above, she needs her kill power moves back, with a mixture of her Melee hit-bubbles & Brawl advanced techniques tech skill.
-Keep her shield weak & small but average shield strength like everyone else's to express some ground game defense.
-Give her a vertical recovering :GCU::GCB: move, or at least get a custom move that promotes the idea of vertical recovery. She has no reliable vertical mobility what-so-ever.
-It's not necessary, but spicen her attacks up with the Fairy type, & again if not making the cut, somehow Sakurai may implement it through custom move-sets.

For now that's just the half of it. Purin's move-set needs some update. The original 12 so far seem to get some why not Purin too?

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
I really don't get people who want Jigglypuff gone.

She's a totally unique character, and people who say "Jigglypuff is useless" just aren't putting enough time in playing her.
Because muh relevance

Gamecube

Smash Cadet
I really want her to be as powerful and top tier as she was in Melee, Jiggs is my main in Melee, but in brawl, I hardly even play as her.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I really want her to be as powerful and top tier as she was in Melee, Jiggs is my main in Melee, but in brawl, I hardly even play as her.
Welcome to SmashBoards @ Gamecube Gamecube , Thanks for Joining~:shades:.

Other than that yeah, I don't mind the Wall of Pain Bairs to return, after all it made her status in Melee as the Air Queen justified for great reasons.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
This would mean a lot more than just that.
-Better weight balancing, making Purin still one of if not thee lighest character (balloon pokemon duh), but not making her weak as far as her attacks not having kill power, she fits the role of glass cannon 100%.
-Glass Cannon said above, she needs her kill power moves back, with a mixture of her Melee hit-bubbles & Brawl advanced techniques tech skill.
-Keep her shield weak & small but average shield strength like everyone else's to express some ground game defense.
-Give her a vertical recovering :GCU::GCB: move, or at least get a custom move that promotes the idea of vertical recovery. She has no reliable vertical mobility what-so-ever.
-It's not necessary, but spicen her attacks up with the Fairy type, & again if not making the cut, somehow Sakurai may implement it through custom move-sets.

For now that's just the half of it. Purin's move-set needs some update. The original 12 so far seem to get some why not Purin too?
While I agree with you on the fact that Jigglypuff should be more balanced to be an effective glass canon, her recovery is the last thing that needs buffing. Unlike Yoshi who doesn't have a proper recovery, Jigglypuff can already recover far better than a majority of the cast despite not even having a proper recovery move herself.

As for her attacks, I'm fairly fairly certain they will not change her standard moveset, if they're going to give her fairy type moves, they will do so via custom moveset.

Also, her sheild has always been one of the biggest in the game, well, compared to her size. It also compliments with the fact that she dies when her shield breaks, so of course shes going to need and OP shield.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
While I agree with you on the fact that Jigglypuff should be more balanced to be an effective glass canon, her recovery is the last thing that needs buffing. Unlike Yoshi who doesn't have a proper recovery, Jigglypuff can already recover far better than a majority of the cast despite not even having a proper recovery move herself.

As for her attacks, I'm fairly fairly certain they will not change her standard moveset, if they're going to give her fairy type moves, they will do so via custom moveset.

Also, her sheild has always been one of the biggest in the game, well, compared to her size. It also compliments with the fact that she dies when her shield breaks, so of course shes going to need and OP shield.
Fair points, & noted.
But when balancing comes to mind, this applies to characters all having a reliable option, including semi-spiking, meteor smashes & a true spike. Purin being a horizontal goddess of floaty recovery, heavily lacks a vertical reaching move to use for her recovery to answer back at those aggressive options. Peach Float with Umbrella is swell & G&W was also floaty & light with a parachute option. It's not constructive for Purin alone to bring in other characters but going back to balancing out the cast, they all have reliable stalling, vertical & horizontal mobility / recovery. I still strongly believe Purin needs some kind of vertical option. Yoshi's Egg tosses got the noticeable vertical 'bouncing' forward / backward height for each egg toss but diminished each use. Yoshi has a more balanced buffed overall recovery. It took just a Meteor Smash & a footstool in Brawl to 100% gimp Purin, & from PotD's it seems FootStooling will be a returning mechanic. She needs something, & if it felt too good for her having a reliable vertical option & her already god-like horizontal mobility floating & recovery, then I'd approve of tweaking it to nerf her horizontal down.

Considering her size for shield recovery, that is very true I forgot to completely mention that for her, ty.

Pacman80

Smash Rookie
Double Post, Spam
I actually think Jigglypuff in Brawl was better than she was in Melee, but that might just be because I like Brawl better.

#:jigglypuff:forssb

I like this website! I can spam Villagers!
:4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager:

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I actually think Jigglypuff in Brawl was better than she was in Melee, but that might just be because I like Brawl better.

#:jigglypuff:forssb
I'm okay with your opinion however it's noticeable she was given the nerf hammer a bit too much to her Brawl game-play. But on a better topic, Welcome to Smashboards. Thanks for Posting~:shades:
I like this website! I can spam Villagers!
:4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager:
You have the freedom of spam emotes, (I'm not too sure about that actually)
Also try not to double / triple post, mods will catch you for it.:smirk: I suggest editing your messages.

Pacman80

Smash Rookie
I'm okay with your opinion however it's noticeable she was given the nerf hammer a bit too much to her Brawl game-play. But on a better topic, Welcome to Smashboards. Thanks for Posting~:shades:

You have the freedom of spam emotes, (I'm not too sure about that actually)
Also try not to double / triple post, mods will catch you for it.:smirk: I suggest editing your messages.
But getting banned makes the whole experience more fun! :yeahboi:

Pacman80

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Also, how do you create fourms? Please tell me you don't have to pay ;(

my IMG! :039:

"umm jiglipuff worst pokamon wow lol jigli poff suk!lol ad mewtwo"

A quote from our fellow smashers on Miiverse.

"umm jiglipuff worst pokamon wow lol jigli poff suk!lol ad mewtwo"

A quote from our fellow smashers on Miiverse.
Wrong community :(

Wrong community :(
lool so stuupit y u argeue with my sentense he worse pokmon mutew best! lol

lool so stuupit y u argeue with my sentense he worse pokmon mutew best! lol
...Is it sad that I'm doing this to myself?

Last edited by a moderator:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hey, I... er, acquired an image of Wigglytuff with Moonblast. Don't ask how, just hope we may see it as Jigglypuff's final smash.
Note: I did not use mimic on the Xerneas for Wigglytuff to learn Moonblast. Why would you even think that?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

I-Is this Jigglypuff's old final smash?

I hope it doesn't affect Jigglypuff's chance at all when she could receive a new FS to correlate (is this word correct?) with her new Fairy type moves.

PeterJude

Smash Ace

I hope it doesn't affect Jigglypuff's chance at all when she could receive a new FS to correlate (is this word correct?) with her new Fairy type moves.
Looks it.

Surely they wouldn't drop Jigglypuff. Maybe a new final smash...

...maybe grasping at straws...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Welcome to SmashBoards @ PeterJude PeterJude .:shades:

Btw, anyone have a thought of Diancie likely to be included in Sm4sh as a playable character 'replacing' Purin?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

What do you mean Jiggs' old final smash? It's just a zoom in on Meta Knight having the Smash Ball on the Boxing Ring, it's just the background that makes him look big. It'd make NO sense for Meta Knight to grow big at all.

Either way, I need a Jiggs reveal so that my signature can become symmetrical again.

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
What do you mean Jiggs' old final smash? It's just a zoom in on Meta Knight having the Smash Ball on the Boxing Ring, it's just the background that makes him look big. It'd make NO sense for Meta Knight to grow big at all.

Either way, I need a Jiggs reveal so that my signature can become symmetrical again.
I agree, Meta Knight growing wouldn't fit at all. That said, I hope Jigglypuff doesn't grow this time either.

There's only about a month until Smash releases in japan. She was one of the harder characters to get in brawl, so if we don't see her for the first day or two, let's not give up hope :).

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Jigglypuff is how you separate true smash fans from casual ones. I have heard this quite a lot, "Jigglypuff is so useless, her sleep move does nothing!":jigglypuff64::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is how you separate true smash fans from casual ones. I have heard this quite a lot, "Jigglypuff is so useless, her sleep move does nothing!":jigglypuff64::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff:
Lol, I have to admit, when I was young, and had no idea how rest worked, I was the same way. And you know what? I still loved her character anyways XD.

EDIT -

Btw, anyone have a thought of Diancie likely to be included in Sm4sh as a playable character 'replacing' Purin?
Err, sorry. I don't like that idea, not in the slightest :laugh:. Diancie is a decent Pokémon and all, but I don't like the thought of it replacing Jigglypuff. One of my issues I guess is that it's just another "flavor of the month." Another, more minor thing is... it never seems to land :scared: (Jiggly has to land sometime...).

Of course, I might be biased to, as Jigglypuff, wait for it..., is my favorite Pokémon. No joke, I know it's stats are... poor, but it remains my favorite Pokémon, and was even the eviolite holding member of my Pokémon Y team.:lol:

Last edited:

AldoPKMaster

Smash Rookie
I dont want to sound harsh but Diance is just another legendary pokemon in the long list. I mean Smash bros is not all about apeasing Pokemon fans but like Sakurai said the most important thing for a pokemon character is to have a unique playset of moves. While relevancy is also important it is not as important if the character offers that unique set of moves so therefore Diance has extremely minimal chance of being playable in Smash 4

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Understandable from both your points, I approached the Mewtwo Thread about the likelyness of Diancie's chances in Sm4sh by saying Diancie is comparable to Mewtwo. I'll use my previous post I typed there here:
Humor me Mewtwo Thread, Mewtwo fans, Mewtwo posting users on SmashBoards, please remain calm & keep an open mind.

Hypothetically, let's say that Mewtwo is being considered like Sakurai has said, & that he really is or was, considered, at one point. What if, IF, Mewtwo had competition from Diancie for Smash Bros.? I just wanna bring up some points / advantageous pro's in favor for it, so that it doesn't look like a landslide defeat for Diancie when compared to Mewtwo being a waste of time discussing against in a manner:

• Diance is a legendary pokemon, like Mewtwo.
  • Diancie has a confirmed Mega Evolution.
  • Diancie is a very recent pokemon that has enough fan-base compensating itself for it's still relevant & new status.
  • Diancie has its own promotional movie debuting as the main pokemon in the movie's story / plot. Japan's movie release of Pokémon XY The Movie - The Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie hit theaters on 19th July.
  • Diancie was leaked last year to be an event pokemon obtainable in X & Y along with 2 other legendary pokemon.
  • Diancie this year was distributed specially within Pokemon X & Y in Japan only.
  • Diancie in the West, will be distributed this year in the fall for X & Y at local GameStop locations without powersaves & codes to get your own Diancie. Diancie however will not be able to Mega Evolve until ORAS is released & then your Diancie arrives in there.
  • Diancie is a unique case similar to Mewtwo's origin of genetic mutation, Diancie is an extremely rare considered mythical & only created when Carbink undergoes a peculiar mutation, something that legendary pokemon rarely have happen, other than Mewtwo & Mew. Note that Mutation =/= Evolution
  • Diancie having it's own signature attack considered to be Power Gem, now having some iconic connection with a move comfortable with the pokemon like Mewtwo's Psystrike.
  • Diancie with all this distributing throughout the internet from fans in X & Y, and what's to come for ORAS making Diancie much more relevant, popular, & more recent, on par with ORAS.
With these points, I'd like you all to wonder 3 things:
  1. Does this come to mind as an affection to the Mewtwo fans of Diancie's inclusion in Sm4sh? How are you taking it from your point of views when thinking about this hypothetical scenario of Mewtwo vs. Diancie?
  2. Do you think DIancie's promotion heavily in it's favor being noted in X & Y, and ORAS with the Mega Evolution, helps it's chances to be in Sm4sh as anything at all?
  3. When DLC nears the moment of time announcing characters, & Mewtwo / Diancie are candidates for playability?
Mind you, the lack of information about Diancie & sudden topic brought up by me to you all, seems out of the question. So let me just say that Diancie weight-wise & fighting-wise, could replace Purin in a sense. Thoughts on that?

The last segment in that spoiler quote involves 2 big points of worthy reason to replace Purin who's not a face of Pokemon through promotion anymore, but is a face of Smash Brothers. Diancie weight-wise & Fairy type, is a comparable cnadidate. But "flavor of the month" & "already too late" are common counter arguments that will be replied in which I won't mind because that's true.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Understandable from both your points, I approached the Mewtwo Thread about the likelyness of Diancie's chances in Sm4sh by saying Diancie is comparable to Mewtwo. I'll use my previous post I typed there here:
Hmm, yes, I remember reading these a bit ago, but I'm still not sure. It represents the fairy type (Jigglypuff) and is legendary (Mewtwo). It almost looks like Diancie would be a combination of the two. I don't know, I really personally dislike the idea of discarding Mew2 and Jiggs for Diancie, and if Diancie is a serious competitor, it's competing with Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, and from what I've seen, Sceptile. 3 of these guys are Mega Evolvers, plus the two we already have. This definitely outdoes landmaster's record. I personally wouldn't mind Diancie, but it has serious competition. With Greninja as a 6th Gen rep, Mewtwo as a legendary rep, and Jiggs as a fairy rep, that's big competition. I'm also not sure how familiar the western audience is with Diancie. Hmm, I guess we'll see.

Refresh my memory though, wasn't Diancie in a pic of the day?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hmm, yes, I remember reading these a bit ago, but I'm still not sure. It represents the fairy type (Jigglypuff) and is legendary (Mewtwo). It almost looks like Diancie would be a combination of the two. I don't know, I really personally dislike the idea of discarding Mew2 and Jiggs for Diancie, and if Diancie is a serious competitor, it's competing with Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, and from what I've seen, Sceptile. 3 of these guys are Mega Evolvers, plus the two we already have. This definitely outdoes landmaster's record. I personally wouldn't mind Diancie, but it has serious competition. With Greninja as a 6th Gen rep, Mewtwo as a legendary rep, and Jiggs as a fairy rep, that's big competition. I'm also not sure how familiar the western audience is with Diancie. Hmm, I guess we'll see.

Refresh my memory though, wasn't Diancie in a pic of the day?
I myself wouldn't say Diancie could replace both Mewtwo & Pruin that'd be too boold & overkill of me to say. Sorry if I actually did say that but I heavily did not mean to say Diancie could replace both, but from a perspective, Diancie is a mix of Mewtwo's relevancy & game-play wise of Purin + Fairy type if that were to get noted in Sm4sh. Greninja already revealed & is X & Y's said so-to-speak 6th gen slot character, that doesn't bode well for Diancie either but the counter-arguement is Gen 1's inclusion in Sm4sh::4charizard::4pikachu:&:jigglypuff::mewtwopm: if they do get in, being 4 reps of Gen 1. The counter arguement to what I just posted about Gen 1's over-representation of Kanto pokemon, is Kanto aka Gen 1 is the origin & most noted Pokemon generation still, so it gets its own reason to show more pokemon as playable in Sm4sh than any other Generation. This is why we barely see any playable pokemon from Gen 2 3 4 & 5.

Diancie to my knowledge has not been revealed or hinted at in a PotD.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I myself wouldn't say Diancie could replace both Mewtwo & Pruin that'd be too boold & overkill of me to say. Sorry if I actually did say that but I heavily did not mean to say Diancie could replace both, but from a perspective, Diancie is a mix of Mewtwo's relevancy & game-play wise of Purin + Fairy type if that were to get noted in Sm4sh. Greninja already revealed & is X & Y's said so-to-speak 6th gen slot character, that doesn't bode well for Diancie either but the counter-arguement is Gen 1's inclusion in Sm4sh::4charizard::4pikachu:&:jigglypuff::mewtwopm: if they do get in, being 4 reps of Gen 1. The counter arguement to what I just posted about Gen 1's over-representation of Kanto pokemon, is Kanto aka Gen 1 is the origin & most noted Pokemon generation still, so it gets its own reason to show more pokemon as playable in Sm4sh than any other Generation. This is why we barely see any playable pokemon from Gen 2 3 4 & 5.

Diancie to my knowledge has not been revealed or hinted at in a PotD.
Ah, yes, it was Victini I was thinking of. I remembered Xearnas, but figured Diancie was the one with it, ya know, both being Fairy's. Diancie definitely has Master Ball potential...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ah, yes, it was Victini I was thinking of. I remembered Xearnas, but figured Diancie was the one with it, ya know, both being Fairy's. Diancie definitely has Master Ball potential...
That's the best case scenario for Diancie as of now. Mew Celebi Jirachi are all extremely rare tiny little packages of adorableness when coming out of the pokeball, so Diancie could fit that same description being rare & mythical itself. Diancie if anything despite being announced late, imo has 100% likelyness being a Master Ball summon, while not as much potential being a playable fighter, despite all this relevancy, recent sky-high popularity, & a believable move-set potential. Thanks for being chill about it.

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
Fair points, & noted.
But when balancing comes to mind, this applies to characters all having a reliable option, including semi-spiking, meteor smashes & a true spike. Purin being a horizontal goddess of floaty recovery, heavily lacks a vertical reaching move to use for her recovery to answer back at those aggressive options. Peach Float with Umbrella is swell & G&W was also floaty & light with a parachute option. It's not constructive for Purin alone to bring in other characters but going back to balancing out the cast, they all have reliable stalling, vertical & horizontal mobility / recovery. I still strongly believe Purin needs some kind of vertical option. Yoshi's Egg tosses got the noticeable vertical 'bouncing' forward / backward height for each egg toss but diminished each use. Yoshi has a more balanced buffed overall recovery. It took just a Meteor Smash & a footstool in Brawl to 100% gimp Purin, & from PotD's it seems FootStooling will be a returning mechanic. She needs something, & if it felt too good for her having a reliable vertical option & her already god-like horizontal mobility floating & recovery, then I'd approve of tweaking it to nerf her horizontal down.
I can't agree that puff needs a readjustment from horizontal to vertical recovery advantage (though they can do that if they want to).
But you can't say she "heavily lacks" a vertical recovery. Rising pound is risky if you mess up, but if you practice, it still gives puff one of the best recoveries in smash (far better than, say DK, and Yoshi, who needed invincibility on his double jump to make up for his sucky recovery). While her godly aerial speed most obviously affects her horizontal recovery, it also gives her even more options in dodging enemy interception when recovering vertically. I don't do brawl, so I'm not sure just how vulnerable she is to spikes 'n stuff, but in melee the lingering hitbox of pound made it a very safe recovery.
I don't really understand what "it's not constructive for Purin alone to bring in other characters but going back to balancing out the cast, they all have reliable stalling, vertical & horizontal mobility / recovery", but, um, she can stall up above the camera, like, forever...
Puff's a'rite.

Also, I like what the PM backroom is talking about right now, how recovering should be riskier than edgeguarding.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I can't agree that puff needs a readjustment from horizontal to vertical recovery advantage (though they can do that if they want to).
But you can't say she "heavily lacks" a vertical recovery. Rising pound is risky if you mess up, but if you practice, it still gives puff one of the best recoveries in smash (far better than, say DK, and Yoshi, who needed invincibility on his double jump to make up for his sucky recovery). While her godly aerial speed most obviously affects her horizontal recovery, it also gives her even more options in dodging enemy interception when recovering vertically. I don't do brawl, so I'm not sure just how vulnerable she is to spikes 'n stuff, but in melee the lingering hitbox of pound made it a very safe recovery.
I don't really understand what "it's not constructive for Purin alone to bring in other characters but going back to balancing out the cast, they all have reliable stalling, vertical & horizontal mobility / recovery", but, um, she can stall up above the camera, like, forever...
Puff's a'rite.

Also, I like what the PM backroom is talking about right now, how recovering should be riskier than edgeguarding.
Happy 1st post~:shades:
To point out specifics, if Bandco were to balance her out, my idea was to reduce her amazing horizontal mobility & recovery, with a slight re-adjustment for a reliable vertical UpB move. Rising pound x4 is decent vertical recovery, but decent recovery for vertical reaching using 4 Pounds? That doesn't sound impressive for me, Yoshi's double jump btw has super armor in his jump, not invincibility:p. Egg toss often compared to Purin's UpB in Melee for practically no recovery utility at all is fine because they both did nothing, but with Yoshi's Egg toss getting a utility recovery buff to his UpB, would you really not want Purin to get something, if that anything worthy of recovery-utility buffing to her UpB at all?
To also say, yes Purin & Yoshi especially were heavily exposed to Spikes & Footstooling, which this case both are returning mechanics in Sm4sh. In Brawl it literally took a Spike & a footstool to fully Gimp Purin at low if not very low %, all the jumps & DI'd upward Pounds in the world couldn't save you. However with some hit-stun returning to Sm4sh Purin's pound used defensively when recovering to the edge & ledge-game being weaker all-together may of buffed her without needing a vertical move.
That sentence I posted earlier in quote sounds really silly now that I read it, but overall, Happy 1st post.:shades:

Last edited:

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
Happy 1st post~:shades:
To point out specifics, if Bandco were to balance her out, my idea was to reduce her amazing horizontal mobility & recovery, with a slight re-adjustment for a reliable vertical UpB move. Rising pound x4 is decent vertical recovery, but decent recovery for vertical reaching using 4 Pounds? That doesn't sound impressive for me, Yoshi's double jump btw has super armor in his jump, not invincibility:p. Egg toss often compared to Purin's UpB in Melee for practically no recovery utility at all is fine because they both did nothing, but with Yoshi's Egg toss getting a utility recovery buff to his UpB, would you really not want Purin to get something, if that anything worthy of recovery-utility buffing to her UpB at all?
To also say, yes Purin & Yoshi especially were heavily exposed to Spikes & Footstooling, which this case both are returning mechanics in Sm4sh. In Brawl it literally took a Spike & a footstool to fully Gimp Purin at low if not very low %, all the jumps & DI'd upward Pounds in the world couldn't save you. However with some hit-stun returning to Sm4sh Purin's pound used defensively when recovering to the edge & ledge-game being weaker all-together may of buffed her without needing a vertical move.
That sentence I posted earlier in quote sounds really silly now that I read it, but overall, Happy 1st post.:shades:
Thanks

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Here's my thoughts on the Jigglypuff vs Diancie matter:
Diancie isn't a veteran.
Also, calling Jigglypuff Purin gets annoying after the first time. It has an English name for a reason

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Another, more minor thing is... it never seems to land :scared: (Jiggly has to land sometime...).
Just had to quote this because I'm surprised I let this slip by me.

Yeah Jiggs has to land sometime. . .but Rayquaza being the "Sky" pokemon & in the lore never touching the ground, look what happened to Brawl Boss Battles.:ohwell: PokeDex entires are mostly irrelevant to Smash Brothers anyway, but if a Sky Dragon is on the ground for most of the fight in Smash Bros., I think Diancie can be designed to land on the ground.:p

Here's my thoughts on the Jigglypuff vs Diancie matter:
Diancie isn't a veteran.
Also, calling Jigglypuff Purin gets annoying after the first time. It has an English name for a reason
That's fair & reasonable.
But I can't help it, I got tired of saying Jiggs / Jiggz & Jig, I grew fond of saying Purin all the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom